PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 RBs in the NFL

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Who do you think are the top 10 backs in the NFL?

1.) Shaun Alexander- Won rushing title this year, missed it by a single yard (or a bad call) last year, broke the TD record, and all around was amazing. Hands down the most dominent RB last couple of years.

2.) LaDanian Tomlinson- Some people can argue that LT should be #1- and they can make a good arguement becuase of all the things LT can do. Can break away and take it to the house any given play. Can line up as a wide out and be great. Great speed and strength. And that gets him this spot. But the difference is that LT can do these things. Alexander is doing them. LT hasn't broken 1500 or been a top 5 rusher since his 2003 season. Can't rightly put him #1.

3.) Edgerrin James- Work horse. Granted he was blessed with an amazing pass attack for relief, but that also takes away from him being the focus. He is a proven every down back and year after year he can deliver and carry a team. He will get his shot to be the center of a team in AZ.

4.) Larry Johnson- Don't be surprised to see him as #2 or even #1 next year. He got 1750 (#3 overall) yards in NINE starts. Yes he's blessed with the best OL in the league, but all backs have their blessings and curses. Avg 5.2 yards a carry the most from any of the 1000 yard rushers. 20 TD! TWENTY! That's more than what LT had with 16 starts. This kid is going places. He had one stellar year, but that's the problem. It's just one. Consistency is important, especially if you are to be in the top 3.

5.) Tiki Barber- Everyone says he's underrated. Well if everyone knows it then he must not be. 1860 is a hell of an amount to rush for. Solved his fumbling problem. Not much of a TD machine though. 5.2 rush avg is supurb. He does carry that offense.

6.) Clinton Portis- 3/4 season he's rushed for 1500 yards. That IMO, would put him in the top 5. However his rush avg has seriously dropped since he left denver (from 5.5 to 3.8,now 4.2). Someone had to be left out of the top 5, and I chose CP. He has yet to establish himself as the push of the team like that other top 5 have. The first threat you think about nuetralizing on the Skins is Moss.

7.) Rudi Johnson- The other back to have a top 5 WR (in yards) last year along with CP. Has proven he can carry the load and can carry it to the house. But like CP he falls he is not the guy that you think of stopping first. With two 1450+ seasons, he clearly is a big factor of the Bengals offense.

8.) Warrick Dunn- It hurts me to put Dunn here. But with 1400+ yards last year and 5.1 avg he is a top 10 back. Believe it or not, he (like Rudi) is the real horse that pulls the team, not Vick. What's the defense everyone uses when up agaisnt the Falcons? "Force the pass", in other words "Stop the run", in other words "Stop Dunn".

9.) Carnell Williams- ROY, shoes in the HOF, most rushing yards in 3 starts than any other back in history. All while behind one of the most porous lines in the league. Was thrown into the scene his rookie year, with no time to learn, and he matured beautifully. Still young, and still has much to prove.

10.) Willis McGahee- His top ten rushing numbers (yards) puts him in my top 10. Has put up 2 1000 yard seasons. Reason why he's barely on here is only 5 TDs and a measly 3.8 avg. He will need to show up big next year and prove he can carry this team on his shoulders. Reason why he's up here: I belive he can. He can carry this team, he'll have to.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-17-2006, 02:03 PM
ronnie is better than cadillac. :)

byroan
04-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Can someone say "homer" ?

TotoreMexico
04-17-2006, 02:13 PM
ronnie is better than cadillac. :)

Yeah, Ronnie had fewer yards last season cuz he was spliting carries with Ricky, Ronnie is better than Cady in overall

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Okay, instead of bringing up an Auburn rivalry, put up your Top 10.

Not to mention I put up a HELL of a reason for Carnell there. Can you really argue with that resume? Those are all actual facts, unlike the whole "would've", "could've", "should've" business you put up for Brown.

Dolfan984
04-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Pffft Ricky is better than Caddy at this point.

dominizzo
04-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Ronnie is the better back IMo than Caddie and Mcgahee

King Felix
04-17-2006, 03:23 PM
1.lt
2.alexander
3.james
4.johnson
5.barber
6.rudi johnson
7.portis
8.warrick dunn
9.duece mcallister
10.mcgahee

byroan
04-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Okay, instead of bringing up an Auburn rivalry, put up your Top 10.

Not to mention I put up a HELL of a reason for Carnell there. Can you really argue with that resume? Those are all actual facts, unlike the whole "would've", "could've", "should've" business you put up for Brown.

Facts?

Ronnie had 4.4 ypc and 232 receiving yards.

Caddy had 4.1 ypc and 81 receiving yards.

So what is it you were saying about "would've", "could've", "should've"?

DolphinDevil28
04-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Facts?

Boom Shacka Lacka.

wazzy
04-17-2006, 03:56 PM
You can twist and turn stats all day long when it comes to Runningbacks. Its hard to make a top ten when it comes to runningbacks I can't even put a top ten list together but on the argument of Ronnie Vs Caddy if you want the whole package you go with Ronnie and if you want a workhorse that you can run into the ground you got Caddy!

Nappy Roots
04-17-2006, 04:29 PM
1. LT
2. Tiki
3. LJ
4. Alexander
5. Portis
6. Edge
7. Fred Taylor
8. Ronnie
9. Duece McAllister
10. Rudi Johnson

thats my when healthy list.

Wagon Circler
04-17-2006, 04:30 PM
1. LT
2. Tiki
3. LJ
4. Alexander
5. Portis
6. Edge
7. Fred Taylor
8. Ronnie
9. Duece McAllister
10. Rudi Johnson

:rolleyes2

Nappy Roots
04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
:rolleyes2

:sidelol:

let me guess. you want willis in there?

Wagon Circler
04-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Willis deserves to be at least number 10.

Ronnie at 7? Sorry. Maybe some day, but definately not right now.

Nappy Roots
04-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Willis deserves to be at least number 10.

Ronnie at 7? Sorry. Maybe some day, but definately not right now.

im not sure how ronnie isnt in the top 10. with his blocking ability, pass catching ability, power, speed, size, and of course 4.4 YPC.

whats your top 10.

ch19079
04-17-2006, 04:53 PM
i can make a case as to why Dunn, Williams, and McGahee shouldnt really be up there.... but

L. Johnson is DEFINATLY not a top 5 RB. he is so overrated its not even funny.

also, ronnie has to play an entire season as the #1 Rb before he can be put into the top 10.

EDIT: my list:
1) L.T.
2) Alexander
3) Priest (when healthy)
4) Barber
5) R. Johnson
6) E. James
7) Portis
8) L. Johnson
9) McGahee
10) L. Jordan

Wagon Circler
04-17-2006, 04:55 PM
1. LT
2. Alexander
3. Edge
4. Larry Johnson
5. Tiki
6. Rudy Johnson
7. Portis
8. Dunn
9. McGahee
10. Dillon

Nappy Roots
04-17-2006, 04:56 PM
1. LT
2. Alexander
3. Edge
4. Larry Johnson
5. Tiki
6. Rudy Johnson
7. Portis
8. Dunn
9. McGahee
10. Dillon

i like your list cept for dunn. the system hes in is hard to rate RBs. hes good, but no where near his numbers good.

Wagon Circler
04-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Yeah, on second thought I'd probably shuffle McGahee to 8, Dillon to 9, and Dunn to 10.

Shula Come Back!
04-17-2006, 04:59 PM
1.alexander
2.tomlinson
3.l. johson
4.barber
5.portis
6.james
7.r johnson
8.parker
9.r brown
10.mcgahee

Wagon Circler
04-17-2006, 05:02 PM
How could I forget about Willie Parker?

1. LT
2. Alexander
3. Edge
4. Larry Johnson
5. Tiki
6. Parker
7. Rudi Johnson
8. Portis
9. McGahee
10. Dillon

That looks like a perfect list to me.

Nappy Roots
04-17-2006, 05:04 PM
you two would seriously put willie parker in your top 10? i wouldnt. i mean, hes one of the most explosive backs in the NFL. but hes not consistant. like tatum bell.

Shula Come Back!
04-17-2006, 05:13 PM
you two would seriously put willie parker in your top 10? i wouldnt. i mean, hes one of the most explosive backs in the NFL. but hes not consistant. like tatum bell.

I know Parker seems a little young to put on htis list, but he was consistent last year and won a superbowl. Now that he'll remain pittsburgh's starter, he should only get better on that team with their line.

Nappy Roots
04-17-2006, 05:15 PM
I know Parker seems a little young to put on htis list, but he was consistent last year and won a superbowl. Now that he'll remain pittsburgh's starter, he should only get better on that team with their line.

he wasnt very consistant last year. hed be having a bad game, then break a 50 yard run. their running game wasnt that great last year. i believe the numbers lie in that situation. which is why they threw the ball so much at the end, and in the playoffs.

Shula Come Back!
04-17-2006, 05:41 PM
he wasnt very consistant last year. hed be having a bad game, then break a 50 yard run. their running game wasnt that great last year. i believe the numbers lie in that situation. which is why they threw the ball so much at the end, and in the playoffs.

I believe his numbers are good and although numbers are not everything, the Steelers were #5 overall in rushing offense and Parker is their starter. I'd say that's a good running game. I also do not think it's so bad if your RB plays sort of quietly and then runs for a 50 yarder every game or so. They did have to throw a bit more in the playoffs, but if I had Roethlisberger who already plays like a veteran in the playoffs, I would too.

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 05:41 PM
1. LT
2. Tiki
3. LJ
4. Alexander
5. Portis
6. Edge
7. Fred Taylor
8. Ronnie
9. Duece McAllister
10. Rudi Johnson

Wow....
To have the league MVP and the most dominent RB the past two years out of the top 3.....
To have Edge, who has had two back to back 1500+ yard seasons at #6....
To have a guy with 907 yards at #8 based soley on a good avg and potential.....

All those are awful. But the ABSOLUTE worst that totally shows that you have no football knowledge outside of Miami is:
Rudi Johnson a rising back with TWO back to back 1450+ yard and 12 TD seasons at #10 is just ridiculous. Is it becuase he's from Auburn? You got a grudge against the other Auburn backs or something?

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Facts?

That's it? That's all you offer? A pretty good avg and a couple hundred yards throw the air? That makes him a top ten back?

Nappy Roots
04-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Wow....
To have the league MVP and the most dominent RB the past two years out of the top 3.....

im sorry, im not a fan of soft RBs.

To have Edge, who has had two back to back 1500+ yard seasons at #6....

ok, he maybe low. i could prolly move him above portis. but even as soft as he is, Alexander is still better. Edge cant break the big run since surgury. still one of my favorites though.

All those are awful. But the ABSOLUTE worst that totally shows that you have no football knowledge outside of Miami is:
Rudi Johnson a rising back with TWO back to back 1450+ yard and 12 TD seasons at #10 is just ridiculous. Is it becuase he's from Auburn? You got a grudge against the other Auburn backs or something?

:sidelol: Rudi is a good back. top 10 RB. you have him at 7, thats 3 spots different....DAMN THAT IS AWFUL! :sidelol:

sorry god of football, sorry god of RB rankings!

:hail:

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 06:22 PM
sorry god of football, sorry god of RB rankings!

:hail:

Your check is in the mail. :wink:

Well when you're ranking top 10, 3 spots is a **** load. Dude there's only ten spots! And besides putting him at #10, it's worst that you put Mr. 907 ahead of him in #8.

Nappy Roots
04-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Your check is in the mail. :wink:

Well when you're ranking top 10, 3 spots is a **** load. Dude there's only ten spots! And besides putting him at #10, it's worst that you put Mr. 907 ahead of him in #8.

3 spots isnt alot in the top 10 like that. all 10 are great RBs, 5 or more spots would be alot.

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 06:29 PM
The difference between #4 and #7 is huge. That's millions of dollars right there. They just don't say "You know what, you're all top 10, we'll give you guys the same contract". Imagine if they said something like that in the draft!

Still avoiding the homer issue of Brown at #8 are we?

Jimi
04-17-2006, 08:56 PM
That's it? That's all you offer? A pretty good avg and a couple hundred yards throw the air? That makes him a top ten back?

Wow.What else do you want other than having superior blocking skills, superior recieving skills, and getting more yards when the ball is in his hand to show Ronnies better than Caddy?

There both great, Ronnies greater...i think.

Prime
04-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Caddy in the top ten already? You can tell this dude is a Bucs homer.

Let me give you a little something, something over the Brown-Williams debate shall I......

Brown- He is a complete back. Teams would love to have a back that can run well, catch well and block well. He has a better average then Caddy when running the ball and he didn't miss a handful of games like he did aswell. Oh and did I forget to mention that Brown had more yardage then what Caddy had in his rookie year?.....I guess I did.

Caddy- He is a better runner, but that's about it. He can't block from what I've seen and he is no threta in the passing game like what Brown is.

byroan
04-17-2006, 09:47 PM
By using your definition, yes that makes him a top ten back. You can't put Caddy up there when Ronnie had a better YPC and receiving yards. Had Ronnie not been forced to share the load with Ricky, he would have had more rushing yards than Caddy.

J dog
04-17-2006, 09:56 PM
lt-gets more yards on 3rrd and 4th down then alexander
shaun alexander
edgerin james
larry johnson
tiki barber
^ is my top 5 too lazy for the rest

Link
04-17-2006, 10:25 PM
I think Ricky still belongs in the top 10. The guy still has the talent.

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Wow.What else do you want other than having superior blocking skills, superior recieving skills, and getting more yards when the ball is in his hand to show Ronnies better than Caddy?

There both great, Ronnies greater...i think.

(BTW it's recEIving. "I before E except after C"):shakeno:

Superior receiving skills? You guys like to choke on Ronnie's receiving skills a little too much. Get off the combine and pro day work outs and come back to reality!

Superior? He got a measely 232yrds receiving last year. Why are you guys so high and proud of that? If those are superior skills then these guys must have God-like receiving skills:

RB................Yards Receiving

Brian Westbrook 616
LaMont Jordan 563
Tiki Barber 530
DeShaun Foster 372
LaDainian Tomlinson 370
Reuben Droughns 369
Larry Johnson 343
Edgerrin James 337
Domanick Davis 337
Chris Brown 327
Steven Jackson 320
Michael Pittman 300
Marshall Faulk 291
Kevin Faulk 260

If he had had 500 or so like Tiki or a back that DOES have superior NFL receiving skills, than yes- that would be able to make up for the lack of yards on the ground. But you want to throw a guy into the top ten who didn't break 1000 and try to make up for that fact by saying "superior receiving skills", atleast be right.

232 yards.......:lol:

unifiedtheory
04-17-2006, 11:26 PM
I think Tiki is being vastly underrated in this discussion. I posted in a thread in November of 2005.

Since the start of the 2004 season.

L.T.
Games: 24
Rushes: 531
Rushing Yards: 2,170
YPC: 4.1
TD: 30
Rec: 81
Rec. Yards: 705
YPR: 8.7
Rec. TD's: 3
Fumbles Lost: 3
Yards from scrimmage: 2,875

Tiki Barber
Rushes: 474
Rushing Yards: 2,278
YPC: 4.8
TD: 18
Rec: 68
Rec. Yards: 730
YPR: 10.7
Yards from scrimmage: 3,008

Since the start of 2004 Barber has more yards rushing, a higher YPC, more recieving yards and a higher yards per catch. This is not taking into account the last 6 weeks of the 2005 season when Tiki was rediculous.

My top five:

#1 - L.T.
#2 - Tiki Barber
#3 - Edge James
#4 - Shaun Alexander
#5 - Clinton Portis

I had a tough time putting Alexander that high. I think he is vastly overrated. Yes, T.D. record and MVP...it does nothing for me. In my opinion he does'nt run hard all the time, is too busy looking for the big run and was the product of a GREAT O-line.

Mexican Buc
04-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Nice bid for Tiki. Those two sets of stats are very similar except one incredibly large difference. A dozen Touchdowns!. A dozen. That's 78 points! That is a huge difference right there and is worth a lot.

As for Alexander I think people actually underrate him for that. As soon as some one does great that people aren't too fond of, its the Oline. IMO, Seattle has a very balanced relationship. Alexander makes the line look makes it look better than it is, they make him look better. They compliment each other, and you can't knock some one for that.

Seattle is NOT like people want to make it out to be. They aren't the Broncos. You can't just put anyone behind that line and they'll get 1000 yards. Some OLs hold up the RBs, some RBs hold up the OLs, but I think its a mutual relation in Seattle.

Wagon Circler
04-18-2006, 03:14 AM
I had a tough time putting Alexander that high. I think he is vastly overrated. Yes, T.D. record and MVP...it does nothing for me. In my opinion he does'nt run hard all the time, is too busy looking for the big run and was the product of a GREAT O-line.
I definately agree with this sentiment. Put any other top 10 back in his place in Seattle and watch them own the ground.

But at this point it really doesn't matter what adds up to his success. His numbers are too impressive to really want to prosecute him.

Nappy Roots
04-18-2006, 10:30 AM
I think Tiki is being vastly underrated in this discussion. I posted in a thread in November of 2005.

Since the start of the 2004 season.

L.T.
Rushes: 531
Rushing Yards: 2,170
YPC: 4.1
TD: 30
Rec: 81
Rec. Yards: 705
YPR: 8.7
Yards from scrimmage: 2,875

Tiki Barber
Rushes: 474
Rushing Yards: 2,278
YPC: 4.8
TD: 18
Rec: 68
Rec. Yards: 730
YPR: 10.7
Yards from scrimmage: 3,008

Since the start of 2004 Barber has more yards rushing, a higher YPC, more recieving yards and a higher yards per catch. This is not taking into account the last 6 weeks of the 2005 season when Tiki was rediculous.

My top five:

#1 - L.T.
#2 - Tiki Barber
#3 - Edge James
#4 - Shaun Alexander
#5 - Clinton Portis

exactly. nice list man. exactly like mine except Edge. http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Caps
04-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Superior receiving skills? You guys like to choke on Ronnie's receiving skills a little too much. Get off the combine and pro day work outs and come back to reality!

Superior? He got a measely 232yrds receiving last year. Why are you guys so high and proud of that? If those are superior skills then these guys must have God-like receiving skills:

Brian Westbrook 616
LaMont Jordan 563
Tiki Barber 530
DeShaun Foster 372
LaDainian Tomlinson 370
Reuben Droughns 369
Larry Johnson 343
Edgerrin James 337
Domanick Davis 337
Chris Brown 327
Steven Jackson 320
Michael Pittman 300
Marshall Faulk 291
Kevin Faulk 260

If he had had 500 or so like Tiki or a back that DOES have superior NFL receiving skills, than yes- that would be able to make up for the lack of yards on the ground. But you want to throw a guy into the top ten who didn't break 1000 and try to make up for that fact by saying "superior receiving skills", atleast be right.

He has 232 yards with a 7.3 average. Caddy's got 81 with a 4.1 average. Looks like Ronnie's receiving skills are superior to me.

tucker
04-18-2006, 10:59 AM
alexander, LT, edge, portis, tiki, larry johnson, dunn, priest, McGahee, rudy....and lol and trying to make a case for Ronnie...

Jimi
04-18-2006, 09:52 PM

Brian Westbrook 616
LaMont Jordan 563
Tiki Barber 530
DeShaun Foster 372
LaDainian Tomlinson 370
Reuben Droughns 369
Larry Johnson 343
Edgerrin James 337
Domanick Davis 337
Chris Brown 327
Steven Jackson 320
Michael Pittman 300
Marshall Faulk 291
Kevin Faulk 260

semantics my good pal...superior skills comapred to Caddy! Plus its his rookie year, thats pretty damn good for a rookie.

burger13
04-18-2006, 10:05 PM
i can make a case as to why Dunn, Williams, and McGahee shouldnt really be up there.... but

L. Johnson is DEFINATLY not a top 5 RB. he is so overrated its not even funny.

also, ronnie has to play an entire season as the #1 Rb before he can be put into the top 10.

EDIT: my list:
1) L.T.
2) Alexander
3) Priest (when healthy)
4) Barber
5) R. Johnson
6) E. James
7) Portis
8) L. Johnson
9) McGahee
10) L. Jordan

I called Larry Johnson overrated since his senior year of college....i argued that he was overrated right up to and through the draft.....through his rookie year, I proclaimed that I was right........

I was completely wrong.

I would really like to hear why you think LJ is so overrated, but yet Priest is the 3rd best back in the league.

burger13
04-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Who do you think are the top 10 backs in the NFL?

1.) Shaun Alexander- Won rushing title this year, missed it by a single yard (or a bad call) last year, broke the TD record, and all around was amazing. Hands down the most dominent RB last couple of years.

2.) LaDanian Tomlinson- Some people can argue that LT should be #1- and they can make a good arguement becuase of all the things LT can do. Can break away and take it to the house any given play. Can line up as a wide out and be great. Great speed and strength. And that gets him this spot. But the difference is that LT can do these things. Alexander is doing them. LT hasn't broken 1500 or been a top 5 rusher since his 2003 season. Can't rightly put him #1.

3.) Edgerrin James- Work horse. Granted he was blessed with an amazing pass attack for relief, but that also takes away from him being the focus. He is a proven every down back and year after year he can deliver and carry a team. He will get his shot to be the center of a team in AZ.

4.) Larry Johnson- Don't be surprised to see him as #2 or even #1 next year. He got 1750 (#3 overall) yards in NINE starts. Yes he's blessed with the best OL in the league, but all backs have their blessings and curses. Avg 5.2 yards a carry the most from any of the 1000 yard rushers. 20 TD! TWENTY! That's more than what LT had with 16 starts. This kid is going places. He had one stellar year, but that's the problem. It's just one. Consistency is important, especially if you are to be in the top 3.

5.) Tiki Barber- Everyone says he's underrated. Well if everyone knows it then he must not be. 1860 is a hell of an amount to rush for. Solved his fumbling problem. Not much of a TD machine though. 5.2 rush avg is supurb. He does carry that offense.

6.) Clinton Portis- 3/4 season he's rushed for 1500 yards. That IMO, would put him in the top 5. However his rush avg has seriously dropped since he left denver (from 5.5 to 3.8,now 4.2). Someone had to be left out of the top 5, and I chose CP. He has yet to establish himself as the push of the team like that other top 5 have. The first threat you think about nuetralizing on the Skins is Moss.

7.) Rudi Johnson- The other back to have a top 5 WR (in yards) last year along with CP. Has proven he can carry the load and can carry it to the house. But like CP he falls he is not the guy that you think of stopping first. With two 1450+ seasons, he clearly is a big factor of the Bengals offense.

8.) Warrick Dunn- It hurts me to put Dunn here. But with 1400+ yards last year and 5.1 avg he is a top 10 back. Believe it or not, he (like Rudi) is the real horse that pulls the team, not Vick. What's the defense everyone uses when up agaisnt the Falcons? "Force the pass", in other words "Stop the run", in other words "Stop Dunn".

9.) Carnell Williams- ROY, shoes in the HOF, most rushing yards in 3 starts than any other back in history. All while behind one of the most porous lines in the league. Was thrown into the scene his rookie year, with no time to learn, and he matured beautifully. Still young, and still has much to prove.

10.) Willis McGahee- His top ten rushing numbers (yards) puts him in my top 10. Has put up 2 1000 yard seasons. Reason why he's barely on here is only 5 TDs and a measly 3.8 avg. He will need to show up big next year and prove he can carry this team on his shoulders. Reason why he's up here: I belive he can. He can carry this team, he'll have to.

So Deuce McAllister isn't in the league any more????

djfresh47
04-18-2006, 11:19 PM
1. LT
2. Shaun Alexander
3. Tiki Barber
4. Edge
5. Larry Johnson
6. Clinton Portis
7. Rudi Johnson
8. Thomas Jones
9. Warrick Dunn
10. Carnell Williams

I think Jones is vastly underrated but he was a difference maker for a one dimensional Chicago Bears team last year. It's crazy because this time last year Curtis Martin probably is top 10 as is Willis McGahee and Bryant Westbrook. I think a few guys will join the list like McGahee, Jackson, Brown will be on the list by the end of next season as will Reggie Bush. Larry Johnson probably will put up the best statistics if he is healthy but I think I could run behind the KC offensive line and gain 1000 yards will relative ease. Priest Holmes does not belong on the list he has been too banged up the last few years. It'll be interesting to see what Edge does in Arizona, they've got talent but they're the Cardinals so I still see them coming in with 6-10 regardless of who they have on their team.

unifiedtheory
04-18-2006, 11:33 PM
I called Larry Johnson overrated since his senior year of college....i argued that he was overrated right up to and through the draft.....through his rookie year, I proclaimed that I was right........

I was completely wrong.

I would really like to hear why you think LJ is so overrated, but yet Priest is the 3rd best back in the league.

I still think Johnson is overrated.

I'm convinced that there are 100 running backs that would gain 1,200 yards behind the Chiefs offensive line.

dlockz
04-19-2006, 03:07 AM
Caddy in the top ten already? You can tell this dude is a Bucs homer.

Let me give you a little something, something over the Brown-Williams debate shall I......

Brown- He is a complete back. Teams would love to have a back that can run well, catch well and block well. He has a better average then Caddy when running the ball and he didn't miss a handful of games like he did aswell. Oh and did I forget to mention that Brown had more yardage then what Caddy had in his rookie year?.....I guess I did.

Caddy- He is a better runner, but that's about it. He can't block from what I've seen and he is no threta in the passing game like what Brown is.

I would rate Caddy as better at this point and when they were on the same team guess who was the featured back. If Auburns coach thought Ronnie was better he not have ran Caddy 80 more times than Ronnie in 2004 and 150 more times in 2003. You can say all the what if's about Ronnie but Caddy did a good job his rookie year and was clearly his teams primary runningback.
To say he is a better runner and thats it, thats what really counts at runningback. When you talk about the best back in the league does anyone discuss Alexander's or Tomlinson's blocking. I'm not knocking ronnie but we just refuse to give caddy any credit on this board.

PressCoverage
04-19-2006, 06:36 AM
How Dominick Davis isn't in anyone's list is baffling to me... Certainly above a few guys i see....

RedHotCulpepper
04-19-2006, 09:33 AM
I still think Johnson is overrated.

I'm convinced that there are 100 running backs that would gain 1,200 yards behind the Chiefs offensive line.

You're wrong.....While it's true that myself running behind that Chiefs line could produce a 1000 yard season. When you watch Larry Johnson run you can see his pure skill, the moves he makes, how he reads the holes, how he is elusive and quick. He's definetly a top 5 RB in the NFL, and he will be a big star over the next few years no matter who's blocking for him.