PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 01:46 PM
My Criteria: Production. Consistency. Playmaking. Explosiveness. Dependability. Chemistry. Off the field.

#1- Marvin Harrison: Marvolous Marvin, IMO, is easily the best WR in the league right now. Granted he's old, but that just makes it more amazing. Some of the surest hands, if not THE surest, in the league. Top gun speed, great route running, and smarts. In the pass 7 years have all been 1000+ yards, 10+ TDs, 14+ 20yrd or more catches. Imagine a more athleticly talented Chris Chambers with a brain.

#2- Randy Moss: Yes, the FREAK. Granted he had a wrecked season, and still got 1005 yards. He's avg a sick 16 ypc through his career. Health has never really been an issue except for last season when he got double teamed and pile drived. He can make up for a QB like no other WR. When a pass is off, short, long, he'll go to it and make it look like it was all perfect (See Culpepper). When your on the 20, one play, who you want? A corner jump ball to Moss, easy. No one can jump with this 6'4 freak. You can argue a bad case of dependability and chemistry, true. But his bad side usually comes out when the games already lost, he doesn't make it a lost.

#3- Terrel Owens: TO. The most physical WR in the league. The reason why WRs have a break tackle rating in Madden. Can make something good into something great. People might make a case for him being #1 "When he's on the field", but he can't GET on the field! People might consider that off-field issues, I don't. The Love Boat is off field, a DUI is off field, Drug Chargers are off field. When you piss on your coach and he walks onto the field and you don't, that's dependability and chemistry. Last chance in big D, TO.

#4- Torry Holt: Poor Holt has had 6 or 7(maybe more) QBs throwing him the ball throughout his career. This past season he had Marc Bulger, Jamie Martin and Ryan Fitzpatrick, yuck! But he's still put up 1300+ yards the past SIX seasons. If he actually had a premire QB, he'd be like a mini-Marvin. Big-Play-Holt is just that, with 147 20+yrd grabs in just 7 seasons. That's 21 per season, higher than all the top 3. Was #1 WR in 2003.

#5- Chad Johnson: Use to be my personal favorite before this season, now he's everyone's personal favorite. Besides what you may think, he's a real student of the game. Spends endless hours studing game film, many times sleeping over at the Bengals training facility. With out the Media influence, his production earns him a top 5 spot. If he wants to get any higher he will need to dominate all other WRs on the field. He only broke into the top 3 WRs (in yards) this year. Was quitely here at #5 all along, even before his celebrations. But even with them, I still feel that this is where he stays.

#6- Steve Smith: The future clearly belongs to him and CJ. However a frail 5'9 185lbs frame that cost him the 2004 season leaves him out of the top 5. Yes, he was the #1 WR last year. He had the most explosive and most productive season than any other wide, but again, with only two 1000+ yard seasons he's going to have to still prove he can produce year in and year out if he wants to move up.

#7- Hines Ward: Who says possession WRs can't be great? This guy is there in the clutch, and he can explode too. As Pitt WRs begin to be stripped away, first Plax, now Randel El, they know who to keep. Super Bowl MVP, Ward. No better attitude in the NFL. Makes everyone around him better. Big reason for Big Ben developing the way he has. Sadly he got the rough side of fortune with Maddox, and an inexperience Ben. When Ben hits his prime (IMO, he hasn't) it might be too late for Ward.

#8- Joe Horn: The guy everyone has forgotten. I think it's more than fair to not count last season for any Saint, really. 2004, he was explosive falling short and being in the shadow of the rejovinated Muhammad by only 6 yards. Still, this guy is one of the few motors that keeps the Saints above water, and stays healthier than most NFL WRs, missing only 4 games in NO.

#9- Anquan Boldin: With a record setting rookie season and the best comeback from a sophmore slump you can possibly ask for he's proven himself. Great talent, and skill, and he will only get better. 1402 yards last season with a Holt avg of 21 20+yard catches. This kid has yet to reach his full potential and will be a cornerstone for AZ for years to come. If they can actually get themselves a premier QB (please don't be a bust Cutler), you will see this guy on the top of the chart for years.

#10- Isaac Bruce: The diffinition of Veteran. Like Holt, he was on a QB carousel last year, only he doesn't have youth to make lemonade out of lemons anymore. Still, IMO, a top 10 guy. Big part of Holts rise, and the Rams being the offensive powerhouse their known as. (or were known as). A top 5 WR just two years ago. Give him a stable QB, not even a good one just a stable one, and he's locked for 1000. Makes everyone around him better and is totally selfless. Old school and complete opposite of today pre-Modonna WRs. My hat goes off to you Bruce.

TotoreMexico
04-17-2006, 02:03 PM
:confused: Dude where's Chambers, he deserves to be in the top 10

byroan
04-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Bruce does not belong in the top 10 anymore. Joe Horn is also getting to the point where he doesn't belong in the top 10.

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Bruce does not belong in the top 10 anymore. Joe Horn is also getting to the point where he doesn't belong in the top 10.
You're talking about the #2 and #5 WRs of 2004.

Receiving Yds
1. M. Muhammad CAR 1405
2. J. Horn NO 1399
3. J. Walker GB 1382
4. T. Holt STL 1372
5. I. Bruce STL 1292

So they didn't match their performances of 2004 in the 2005 season. IMO, that doesn't mean their washed up.

However, I do believe that they now depend on their QB a lot more than they use to, and probably a lot more than any of the other Top 10. But that still doesn't make them washed up. I'm not saying they need a Manning or Brady or Palmer to be good, that's just silly. Just an average QB, they'll give you the numbers.

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 02:33 PM
:confused: Dude where's Chambers, he deserves to be in the top 10
You're kidding right?
Incase you missed it one quality all my Top Ten share is MULTIPLE 1000 yard seasons. IMO, Chambers just became a #1 WR this year. And he's not in the top 10.

Look at the Criteria I used to judge. He leaves a lot to be desired in Production, Consistency, and Dependability. You can argue that his QB situation has been rough. But a real Top Ten WR (like Moss, Holt, and Boldin) still put up great producation with a rough QB situation. That's what a real Top Ten does.

Wagon Circler
04-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Ok before anyone does it, Chambers doesn't deserve a sniff at the top 10 so don't even try to convince yourselves he does.

King Felix
04-17-2006, 03:04 PM
1.harrison
2.moss
3.to
4.holt
5.smith
6.johnson
7.ward
8. santana moss
9.boldin
10.fitzgerald

Wagon Circler
04-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Dude, you are the biggest Bills homer in the planet.

Chambers is top 5 for active receivers in the league for TDs/season and just made the probowl. He may not be top 5 but he is certainly top 10.
I'm the homer? Wow, how do you even figure? A homer builds their own team or players up. Have I said anything about the bills? Nope.

I'm just doing a preemptive strike for you glue bottle Miami fans who see everything through teal and orange glasses.

Chambers isn't top 10 wr and he has never been top 10 at any point in his career.

dominizzo
04-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Chambers IMO is 9 0r 10

wazzy
04-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I think Bruce should be off that list because he is on a pass happy team and he has a lot of 1 on 1s because Holt takes so much attention. No doubt he is the type of player that could deliver when asked and thats extroadinary for a veteran I just think he doesn't make the top ten anymore.

After last season and Horns age catching up to him I think he is slipping out of the top ten! You can make a good argument that he should be in the top ten but there are to many other wide recievers that you can argue that need to be there and have done really well. Ex. Fitzgerald, Santana Moss and even possibly Chambers because even though he hasn't crushed it in the yards Department if you look at his overal stats since being drafted and compare it to others that were drafted around the same time he is right up there!

If I had to choose to replace those 2 guys out of your list I would put in Moss and Fitzgerald with Horn and Chambers having honorable mentions!

byroan
04-17-2006, 03:32 PM
You're talking about the #2 and #5 WRs of 2004.

Receiving Yds
1. M. Muhammad CAR 1405
2. J. Horn NO 1399
3. J. Walker GB 1382
4. T. Holt STL 1372
5. I. Bruce STL 1292

So they didn't match their performances of 2004 in the 2005 season. IMO, that doesn't mean their washed up.

However, I do believe that they now depend on their QB a lot more than they use to, and probably a lot more than any of the other Top 10. But that still doesn't make them washed up. I'm not saying they need a Manning or Brady or Palmer to be good, that's just silly. Just an average QB, they'll give you the numbers.
Well heck, if we're going back to 2004. Let's talk about Daunte being the best QB in the league. :rolleyes:

If you're going by 2004 stats, where is Moose on your list?

Dolfan984
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm the homer? Wow, how do you even figure? A homer builds their own team or players up. Have I said anything about the bills? Nope.

I'm just doing a preemptive strike for you glue bottle Miami fans who see everything through teal and orange glasses.

Chambers isn't top 10 wr and he has never been top 10 at any point in his career.

Well as far as scoring production goes he's definately top 10. After I made my post I went and looked at the WRs in the league, and I have him at about 12th best in the league. maybe not 10 top, but certainly sniffing it. I meant Bills homer as in you think every single player on the Dolphins is garbage.

Wagon Circler
04-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Well as far as scoring production goes he's definately top 10. After I made my post I went and looked at the WRs in the league, and I have him at about 12th best in the league. maybe not 10 top, but certainly sniffing it. I meant Bills homer as in you think every single player on the Dolphins is garbage.
Garbage? Nope. Just doesn't have a sniff at the top 10. I'm not a Miami fan so this is easy for me to see.

Nappy Roots
04-17-2006, 04:33 PM
1. TO
2. Randy
3. Steve Smith
4. Chad Johnson
5. Holt
6. Harrison
7. Horn
8. Santana Moss
9. Boldin
10. Fitz

Prime
04-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Chambers is sneaking in there, but I don't think he is top 10 yet. We need to see if he can do the samething in 06 that he did in 05.

Shula Come Back!
04-17-2006, 05:04 PM
1.s smith
2.harrison
3.c johnson
4.ward
5.r moss
6.s moss
7.chambers
8. holt
9.boldin
10.TO

ch19079
04-17-2006, 05:13 PM
1) TO
2) R. Moss
3) Harrison
4) Smith
5) Johnson
6) Ward
7) Holt
8) Boldin
9) S. Moss
10) Bruce

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 06:01 PM
1.s smith
2.harrison
3.c johnson
4.ward
5.r moss
6.s moss
7.chambers
8. holt
9.boldin
10.TO
LMAO! You wow, talk about homering. You have some balls putting Chambers before HOLT who has put up 1300+ yards the past SIX seasons and was the #1 WR in 2003. And in front of TO... which I don't think I need to say anything about.

Chris Chambers has NEVER cracked Top 10. NEVER. He was #12 with 1118 yards and that's the highest he's ever gotten.

All the WR I've listed (with the exception of the SB MCP) have been in the Top 5 at some point in their careers. All of them except Hines and Marvin have been in the top 5 in the last TWO years! And your going to tell me Chris Chambers, Mr #12 at best, is in the same group?

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Well heck, if we're going back to 2004. Let's talk about Daunte being the best QB in the league. :rolleyes:

If you're going by 2004 stats, where is Moose on your list?

Totally off arguement there. Daunte had a DISATEROUS season before he got an awful injury and was out for the season. He has no one else to blame for his season but himself.

Both Bruce and Horn were healthy and don't have health issues. Bruces had a less productive year, not a disaterous one, and with a QB carousel. He's more than proven.

And you can't compare Daunte and Horn either, last time I check Minnasota wasn't underwater for the season.

Grow up and make a real case.

Ronnieisabeast
04-18-2006, 06:08 PM
The one thing nobody is mentioning in these lists is blocking. Just like Ronnie, Chambers is one of the best blockers of his position. Stats aren't everything.

byroan
04-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Both Bruce and Horn were healthy and don't have health issues. Bruces had a less productive year, not a disaterous one, and with a QB carousel. He's more than proven.
:sidelol: If you're going to make such a bold statement, you should at least know what you're talking about.

Bruce only played in 11 games last season, only starting 10. He scored 3 TD's and had only 36 catches.
Horn played in only 13 games. Scoring only ONE TD. ONE!!!! :rofl: But yet he's a top 10 WR.

Grow up and make a real case.
Try looking in the mirror sometime. You're the one who is bringing up 2004 stats and then making stuff up.

You never did answer my other question, but that's okay, I'll let you ignore it. Joe Horn and Isaac Bruce don't belong in a top 10 list.

Shula Come Back!
04-18-2006, 06:27 PM
LMAO! You wow, talk about homering. You have some balls putting Chambers before HOLT who has put up 1300+ yards the past SIX seasons and was the #1 WR in 2003. And in front of TO... which I don't think I need to say anything about.

Chris Chambers has NEVER cracked Top 10. NEVER. He was #12 with 1118 yards and that's the highest he's ever gotten.

All the WR I've listed (with the exception of the SB MCP) have been in the Top 5 at some point in their careers. All of them except Hines and Marvin have been in the top 5 in the last TWO years! And your going to tell me Chris Chambers, Mr #12 at best, is in the same group?

First off, this is a DOLPHINS site, so we are entitled to a little homering. Second, I would consider TO to be the #1 WR hands down when he is playing. I was answering as to players who have played currently and he hasn't played currently...plus he's an *******, so I put him at 10 as punishment. Also. Chambers was recently selected to the last Pro Bowl, so I chose him as a WR who is doing well currently instead of who is doing better the past five years. If we were doing a survey on QB's , would you put Favre at #1 because he is the current starter who has had the best career or would you put who is #1 right now?
Last, this thread is meant to see other people's opinions. If you wanted to see the top 5 WR's according to purely stats, you can just go to any sports page and just do a copy and paste. Here, I'll save you the trouble:
By yardage:
Steve Smith (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5521) CAR (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/car) 16 103 1563 97.7 15.2 80 7.9 70 12 3 61 20.3 33 0 27 286 10.6 44 0 1 0 Santana Moss (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5463) WAS (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/was) 16 84 1483 92.7 17.7 78 7.3 60 9 0 0 0.0 0 0 7 40 5.7 14 0 2 1 Chad Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5483) CIN (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/cin) 16 97 1432 89.5 14.8 70 3.5 74 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 Larry Fitzgerald (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6762) ARI (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ari) 16 103 1409 88.1 13.7 47 3.7 67 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Anquan Boldin (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6390) ARI (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ari) 14 102 1402 100.1 13.7 54 5.3 68 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 By receptions:
Larry Fitzgerald (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6762) ARI (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ari) 16 103 1409 88.1 13.7 47 3.7 67 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Steve Smith (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5521) CAR (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/car) 16 103 1563 97.7 15.2 80 7.9 70 12 3 61 20.3 33 0 27 286 10.6 44 0 1 0 Torry Holt (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4654) STL (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/stl) 14 102 1331 95.1 13.0 44 2.4 63 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 Anquan Boldin (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6390) ARI (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ari) 14 102 1402 100.1 13.7 54 5.3 68 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 Chad Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5483) CIN (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/cin) 16 97 1432 89.5 14.8 70 3.5 74 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 GEE THAT WAS FUN....IF WE ALWAYS DO COPY AND PASTE FROM SPORTS WEBSITES, WE MAY NOT NEED FINHEAVEN AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnieisabeast
04-18-2006, 08:42 PM

All the WR I've listed (with the exception of the SB MCP) have been in the Top 5 at some point in their careers. All of them except Hines and Marvin have been in the top 5 in the last TWO years! And your going to tell me Chris Chambers, Mr #12 at best, is in the same group?Hmm 12th is pretty good when you have Gus ferotte as your starting qb. I mean c'mon. I know Sims is bad,but even Gus is worse than Sims. Chambers made the pro bowl, ties for the second most receiving touchdowns in the nfl, and is one of the best blocking wrs in the nfl. He did this all with Gus and Sage at quarterback, and you still refuse to put him in your top ten wr list.:shakeno:

Shula Come Back!
04-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Hmm 12th is pretty good when you have Gus ferotte as your starting qb. I mean c'mon. I know Sims is bad,but even Gus is worse than Sims. Chambers made the pro bowl, ties for the second most receiving touchdowns in the nfl, and is one of the best blocking wrs in the nfl. He did this all with Gus and Sage at quarterback, and you still refuse to put him in your top ten wr list.:shakeno:

Thank you very much!! It's nice to see some Dolphin and Chambers fans on this site!

Alex44
04-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Mt top 10 its different than a lot of yours, and I will explain why everyone is where they are

1- Torry Holt- He is the most complete WR in the game, the best mix of speed, hands, route running and has NEVER been a problem in the locker room, he is currently on pace to break Jerry Rice's career reception record if he decides to play that long

2- Randy Moss- The best mix of Size, Speed, and Hands the NFL has ever seen, but he has a tendancy for injuries, taking plays off, and causing problems off the field, he could be the best ever if he had his head in the game

3- T.O - I hate the guy, but he does have a great mix of size and speed, he has above average hands, his drawbacks are all in his attitude

4- Marvin Harrison- No-one will ever call him the most talented WR, but he gets open and has great field presence, he comes down with every ball and has amazing hands

5- Steve Smith- The man is small but he can fly on the field, he has above average hands, and is as shifty as they come

6- Chad Johnson- He always seems to get open, has well above average hands, is as fast as they come, and has great chemistry with his QB, he has the size to be effective, when its all said and done he could be #1 on this list

7- Chris Chambers- Great leaper, Decent size, Great Speed, and has the hands to make the most difficult of catches, his main knock is consistancy, if he keeps his head in the game he and Chad Jackson could be #1 and #2 on this list in a few years

8- Larry Fitzgerald- Lacks the speed of a true great, but hands hands of glue to make up for it, a very good route runner and team player, you can count on him to give it his all every play, He finds ways to get open and even if he isnt he will still come down with the ball

9- Anquan Boldin- Another guy without blazing speed, but he has amazing hands and the heart of a champion, can break tackles like T.O, and has hands to match the best of them

10- Joey Galloway- Approaching the end of his career but the man can flat out fly, another steve smith type of player, not quite as explosive and can be prone to drops now and then, but any team would be lucky to have him

TotoreMexico
04-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Mt top 10 its different than a lot of yours, and I will explain why everyone is where they are

1- Torry Holt- He is the most complete WR in the game, the best mix of speed, hands, route running and has NEVER been a problem in the locker room, he is currently on pace to break Jerry Rice's career reception record if he decides to play that long

2- Randy Moss- The best mix of Size, Speed, and Hands the NFL has ever seen, but he has a tendancy for injuries, taking plays off, and causing problems off the field, he could be the best ever if he had his head in the game

3- T.O - I hate the guy, but he does have a great mix of size and speed, he has above average hands, his drawbacks are all in his attitude

4- Marvin Harrison- No-one will ever call him the most talented WR, but he gets open and has great field presence, he comes down with every ball and has amazing hands

5- Steve Smith- The man is small but he can fly on the field, he has above average hands, and is as shifty as they come

6- Chad Johnson- He always seems to get open, has well above average hands, is as fast as they come, and has great chemistry with his QB, he has the size to be effective, when its all said and done he could be #1 on this list

7- Chris Chambers- Great leaper, Decent size, Great Speed, and has the hands to make the most difficult of catches, his main knock is consistancy, if he keeps his head in the game he and Chad Jackson could be #1 and #2 on this list in a few years

8- Larry Fitzgerald- Lacks the speed of a true great, but hands hands of glue to make up for it, a very good route runner and team player, you can count on him to give it his all every play, He finds ways to get open and even if he isnt he will still come down with the ball

9- Anquan Boldin- Another guy without blazing speed, but he has amazing hands and the heart of a champion, can break tackles like T.O, and has hands to match the best of them

10- Joey Galloway- Approaching the end of his career but the man can flat out fly, another steve smith type of player, not quite as explosive and can be prone to drops now and then, but any team would be lucky to have him

I like this list

Roman529
04-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Chris Chambers I would put in the top ten...somewhere in the 8-10th position.

:dolphins:

miaD5499
04-18-2006, 09:15 PM
chambers is in the top 10 for sure you have to be joking me to say that hes not and especially if you take a look at the qbs hes worked with in the past...majority of the players that you guys have been naming on the top ten have had great qbs throwing to them which only makes you better...chambers is incredibly talented it doesnt take a bills fan to see that (15 receptions, 238 yards, 1 td).....not to mention CC was the only afc player in the pro bowl to catch a td and had another very athletic catch from trent green...it doesnt take much to say the chris chambers is in the top ten

miaD5499
04-18-2006, 09:18 PM
i mean after all the pro bowl is for the best players and if you dont think chris chambers isnt anywhere near there then where is he??????? and exactly what ronnieisabeast said "stats arnt everything" which 110% correct, chambers is a great team player and a great blocker not to mention what he can also do on the ground...and im also pretty sure that chambers leads the league in one handed catches if that were a stat

Shula Come Back!
04-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Thank you Thank you Thank you....It's nice to finally get some support in this thread!!!

miaD5499
04-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Thank you Thank you Thank you....It's nice to finally get some support in this thread!!!

no problem man i cant believe theres still so many chamber haters out there but if they really doubt him lets see what they will be saying after they see the numbers he puts up with daunte as his qb

RedHotCulpepper
04-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Ok before anyone does it, Chambers doesn't deserve a sniff at the top 10 so don't even try to convince yourselves he does.

I happen to agree.....He drops a lot of balls and is very inconsistent. However i do think he is a top 12-14 reciever in the league, and you have to give him some slack with the QB's he played with. Isaac Bruce and Joe Horn are still far better than Chambers too.

miaD5499
04-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I happen to agree.....He drops a lot of balls and is very inconsistent. However i do think he is a top 12-14 reciever in the league, and you have to give him some slack with the QB's he played with. Isaac Bruce and Joe Horn are still far better than Chambers too.

i know he had been very incosistent in the beginning of the season and was dropping a lot of balls but during the end of the year when we had our 6 game win streak he was very consistent and was playing out of his mind he had 3 straight 100+ yrd games and was racking up tds and wasnt dropping many balls...he even carried his end of the season success to the pro bowl where he scored a td and would of possibly of been the mvp of the pro bowl if the afc won....getting daunte will only make him better being that daunte is the most accurate qb in the nfl

Kev83
04-20-2006, 02:03 AM
1. T.O. (best athlete @ wr...when playing)
2. Steve Smith (great speed)
3. Torry Holt (complete & hard worker)
4. Randy Moss (game changer, great height and leaping)
5. Marvin Harrison (best routes and great hands)
6. Chad Johnson (moss prototype)
7. Santana Moss (best deep threat)
8. Anquan Boldin (great strength)
9. Hines Ward (all-around WR)
10. Larry Fitzgerald (consistent over the middle, deep, and near top of many wr stat boards)

just off the list: Chambers, Galloway, Bruce, & Roy Williams (great upside)...also, if he were playing, I believe Javon Walker would rank between 7-10.

burger13
04-20-2006, 10:56 AM
1.) T.Holt – unbelievable consistency – does everything well
2.) M.Harrison – same as above
3.) T.Owens – most overall talent, but stay on the field for a whole season
4.) R.Moss – most speed, athletsism, and hands….but needs do the ‘little things’ (like block at all) and stay healthy
5.) C.Johnson – the future (which may be now)
6.) S.Smith – IMO, the most exciting WR….may be going TO on us soon though
7.) L.Fitzgerald – if CJ isn’considered th league’s best in 2 years….it will be Fitz
8.) H.Ward – I’m probably underrating him
9.) S.Moss – I’m not big on him personally, but you can’t discount the season he had
10.) A.Boldin – best run-after-the-catch WR in football

Below are IMO the players poised to elevate to the top-10 level should any of the above WR’s falter:
NEXT(alphabetical): D.Branch, C.Chambers, L.Evans, A.Johnson, J.Walker, Roy Williams

In_Flames
04-20-2006, 12:01 PM
4.) R.Moss – most speed, athletsism, and hands….but needs do the ‘little things’ (like block at all) and stay healthy
7.) L.Fitzgerald – if CJ isn’considered th league’s best in 2 years….it will be Fitz
9.) S.Moss – I’m not big on him personally, but you can’t discount the season he had

Below are IMO the players poised to elevate to the top-10 level should any of the above WR’s falter:
NEXT(alphabetical): D.Branch, C.Chambers, L.Evans, A.Johnson, J.Walker, Roy Williams

I pretty much agree with this ranking...the only thing I would personally switch would be to knock Marvin up to #1 and Holt down to #2..

TX-FinFan
04-21-2006, 10:48 PM
I agree with the list in the 1st post based on the qualties mentioned. When Chambers puts up numbers like he did in 2005 for 3-4 yrs then he is on the top ten list.

Ronnieisabeast
04-21-2006, 11:06 PM
1.TO
2. Marvin Harrison
3.Torry Holt
4.Randy Moss
5. Steve Smith
6.Chad Johnson
7.Hines Ward
8.Larry Fitzgerald
9.Chris Chambers
10.J.Walker

dlockz
04-22-2006, 02:42 AM
You're kidding right?
Incase you missed it one quality all my Top Ten share is MULTIPLE 1000 yard seasons. IMO, Chambers just became a #1 WR this year. And he's not in the top 10.

Look at the Criteria I used to judge. He leaves a lot to be desired in Production, Consistency, and Dependability. You can argue that his QB situation has been rough. But a real Top Ten WR (like Moss, Holt, and Boldin) still put up great producation with a rough QB situation. That's what a real Top Ten does.

Chambers numbers were hampered as much by the run first mentality that we had with Wanny as Qb. He has always been a number one with a number three throwing to him while we pound the ball. Moss did not exactly set the world on fire with Kerry Collins as his QB.There are very few Wr's I would take over Chambers. I think anyone could justify Harrison, Holt, Moss, Fitzgerald,
and Chad Johnson but I would put up Chris's raw ability with anyone in the league. Lets also not forget that CHambers had the 29th rated passer in the NFL throwing to him most of the time and still was doing well due to the new nature of our offense.

dlockz
04-22-2006, 02:44 AM

Owens drops alot of balls too but noone mentions this with him. Marvin Harrison on the other hand doesn't miss much.

Gonzo
04-22-2006, 06:34 PM

I agree with yours, but I'm going to swap the last four around.
7) A. Boldin
8) H. Ward
9) L. Fitz.
10) S. Moss

C. Johnson, Boldin, Fitz. S. Moss, and all those in your NEXT list will all move up in the next couple of years and make up the Top 10 with Fitz. on top.