PDA

View Full Version : Im so close to buying a 360 right now ...

TheAnswer385
04-18-2006, 10:39 PM
i need to know things that are really needed. Whats the diff between core and Premium

Slappy8800
04-18-2006, 10:41 PM
a hard drive

TheAnswer385
04-18-2006, 10:46 PM
here is the package- Are you ready for the next generation of insane gaming? Then dive into the Xbox 360 Core Action Bundle and invite your friends over for some serious gaming. This bundle scores you the hottest gaming system around, the Xbox 360 Core System, two months worth of rentals from Gamefly.com (rental period begins when Gamefly.com rental card is activated, no additional purchase is required), a one-year subscription to OXM (subscription begins when Gamefly.com rental card is activated), one additional Xbox 360 Wired Controller, and two newly released "T" and "M" rated software titles to keep you busy until your thumbs go numb! In The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collector's Edition, gamer's will finally satisfy their appetite for role playing game as they explore a fantasy world filled with challenges, treasures and more than 1,000 non-player characters that make the world come to life. If action is what you are craving, The Outfit is right up your alley; from behind enemy lines in WWII, gamers will battle the Nazi War Machine using a revolutionary squad-based combat system. NOTE: Pricing and bundle components are tentative and subject to change based on availability. Product is limited and is not guaranteed. Orders are shipped on a first-come, first served basis.

Is that good or no?? for $483

finsrule84
04-18-2006, 10:55 PM
trust me, get a premium. you not only get the hard drive, but also a wireless controller, which is the only way to go in next gen.

oh and if you want to get a WWII game, get Call of Duty 2 instead. compared to COD, The Outfit is garbage.

TheAnswer385
04-18-2006, 10:57 PM
i can always upgrade right??

Slappy8800
04-18-2006, 10:58 PM
uuuh i dunno dude, im not into oblivion and heard outfit sucks..as for controller, i like my wired one cause i can pull the wire and pick it up when i throw it

Agent51
04-18-2006, 11:01 PM
i can always upgrade right??

Well, you can buy the stuff for the core system that the premium one already comes with, but it's a way better deal to buy it in the prmium package. You get a hard drive, which is $100 seperate, a wireless controller, which is $40 seperate, and a headset (not sure of the price seperate) all for $100 more than the core system. Oh also an ethernet cable and better AV hookups come with the premium package, so you basically get the ethernet wire, the upgraded AVs, a headset, and a wireless controller for free, because the hard dive itself is $100, so that is covered by the $100 price difference. Plus, you need the HD to play normal XBox games.

TheAnswer385
04-18-2006, 11:01 PM
uuuh i dunno dude, im not into oblivion and heard outfit sucks..as for controller, i like my wired one cause i can pull the wire and pick it up when i throw ityea controlers really dont matter to me

TheAnswer385
04-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Well, you can buy the stuff for the core system that the premium one already comes with, but it's a way better deal to buy it in the prmium package. You get a hard drive, which is $100 seperate, a wireless controller, which is $40 seperate, and a headset (not sure of the price seperate) all for $100 more than the core system. Oh also an ethernet cable and better AV hookups come with the premium package, so you basically get the ethernet wire, the upgraded AVs, a headset, and a wireless controller for free, because the hard dive itself is $100, so that is covered by the $100 price difference. Plus, you need the HD to play normal XBox games.I didnt have an xbox ...do you know where i can get a good deal on a premium??

lazareth
04-18-2006, 11:06 PM
I didnt have an xbox ...do you know where i can get a good deal on a premium??
i could be wrong but i don't think the price is going to get a whole lot better for a while yet...ever tried froogle?

Agent51
04-18-2006, 11:09 PM
I didnt have an xbox ...do you know where i can get a good deal on a premium??

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4861319

That is the premium system with an extra wireless controller and a play and charge kit, plus two games OF YOUR CHOICE for $589. I'd suggest picking the 2 most expensive games even if you don't want them, because they are sealed when you get em you can bring em back to wal-mart, or ANY store, for store credit, then you pick two games you want and you have the price difference in store credit. Especially because some of the cooler games AREN'T $60, so if you pick 2 $60 games (it doesn't effect the price) then you trade em and get 2 games that are 40 or 50, you have 20-40 free credit)

TheAnswer385
04-18-2006, 11:16 PM
What 2 games would you say -Oblivion and Call of Duty??

Agent51
04-18-2006, 11:19 PM
What 2 games would you say -Oblivion and Call of Duty??

I've heard those two are the absolute best so far, those and Fight Night 3, just depends on what you're into. If you don't want a package deal just get the normal premium system, only $400. Add a game and it's $460, although that package I linked you too is pretty good for $590

TheAnswer385
04-18-2006, 11:23 PM
I've heard those two are the absolute best so far, those and Fight Night 3, just depends on what you're into. If you don't want a package deal just get the normal premium system, only $400. Add a game and it's $460, although that package I linked you too is pretty good for $590Most def a good package ..thanks for the find .......im into sports but i heard good things about Oblivion (mor) I know i will like to play Call of Duty multi player so .......Fight Night 3 or Oblivion thats what im down to

TheAnswer385
04-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Orderd and will be here b4 May 3rd.. the 2 games i got were 2k6 baseball and Call of Duty

Slappy8800
04-19-2006, 12:36 AM
oh man im sorry...2K is sooooooooooooooooooooo bad

TheAnswer385
04-19-2006, 01:23 AM
oh man im sorry...2K is sooooooooooooooooooooo badGD it where were u an hour ago!!! :tantrum: :tongue:

Slappy8800
04-19-2006, 02:01 AM
we have a whole thread about it!

King Felix
04-19-2006, 02:01 AM
i have it for xbox and i actually like it........you might like it too

Agent51
04-19-2006, 04:16 AM
GD it where were u an hour ago!!! :tantrum: :tongue:

Dude I was gonna post that too, but then FinHeaven was being all screwy and going super slow, taking FOREVER to open the reply page.

Lol, we had a whole discussion about the 3 titles you were looking at, and that wasn't one of them, so how did it make the final cut?

And yeah, there was a whole thread about how crappy it is. To paraphrase and summarize it:
Apparently it freezes, one member hasn't even been able to play a complete game, the controls are horrible, very "delayed reaction" feel when both running for balls and diving/jumping. Also, apparently they had good gameplay ideas but really poor execution. Head over to xbox360.ign.com to check out reviews, or just look at the thread here about it. I have never personally played it so I can't give you any first-hand feedback.

All isn't lost though, just take my original advice and go to your local walmart or best buy or anywhere else that sells games and trade it in. It will be sealed, thus brand new. Just be like "I got this for my birthday (or as a gift, whatever) and I already have it. I don't have the reciept but can I just get store credit?" They will scan it and give you a gift card for what the value is. I used to be the assistant manager of my local KB Toys back when I was in high school, and people did that ALL the time. Another scam that would let you actually play the game and if you don't like it still get full credit would be this:

Bring it to one store that sells videogames and tell them you bought it and it was defective, can you have another copy. This is great for you in two ways. One, if they DON'T have any copies of that game in they have to give you store credit, and two, if they DO have any copies, they just give you another one, brand new, and SEALED, meaning you can either take it to a DIFFERENT store that sells games or wait til a different person is on a different day and go back to the same one (or have a friend do it) and do the "it was a gift but I already have it, but I don't have a reciept, can I just get store credit" thing and BAM, you get $60 (or whatever the cost of the game is) AND you got to test it out. That is a good "scam" for any games actually, so if you buy a crappy game just do that instead of trading it to EB or Gamestop and getting like $3 for your $60 game, lol.

*it should be noted that SOME stores policy is to OPEN the new copy they give you, probably to avoid said scam. I know it was ours at KB, except usually NOBODY follows through with that policy, except the really anal "company" men, you know, the brown-nosers who are 110% by the books. So while it SHOULD work anywhere, there IS a possibility that the "open game returned for full credit" scam (as I dubbed it when I was 9 and figured it out, lol, I used to have a 3 store ring that I would pull it off at, K-Mart, KB Toys, and Strawberries Music) may not work as planned.

TheAnswer385
04-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Dude I was gonna post that too, but then FinHeaven was being all screwy and going super slow, taking FOREVER to open the reply page.

Lol, we had a whole discussion about the 3 titles you were looking at, and that wasn't one of them, so how did it make the final cut?

And yeah, there was a whole thread about how crappy it is. To paraphrase and summarize it:
Apparently it freezes, one member hasn't even been able to play a complete game, the controls are horrible, very "delayed reaction" feel when both running for balls and diving/jumping. Also, apparently they had good gameplay ideas but really poor execution. Head over to xbox360.ign.com to check out reviews, or just look at the thread here about it. I have never personally played it so I can't give you any first-hand feedback.

All isn't lost though, just take my original advice and go to your local walmart or best buy or anywhere else that sells games and trade it in. It will be sealed, thus brand new. Just be like "I got this for my birthday (or as a gift, whatever) and I already have it. I don't have the reciept but can I just get store credit?" They will scan it and give you a gift card for what the value is. I used to be the assistant manager of my local KB Toys back when I was in high school, and people did that ALL the time. Another scam that would let you actually play the game and if you don't like it still get full credit would be this:

Bring it to one store that sells videogames and tell them you bought it and it was defective, can you have another copy. This is great for you in two ways. One, if they DON'T have any copies of that game in they have to give you store credit, and two, if they DO have any copies, they just give you another one, brand new, and SEALED, meaning you can either take it to a DIFFERENT store that sells games or wait til a different person is on a different day and go back to the same one (or have a friend do it) and do the "it was a gift but I already have it, but I don't have a reciept, can I just get store credit" thing and BAM, you get $60 (or whatever the cost of the game is) AND you got to test it out. That is a good "scam" for any games actually, so if you buy a crappy game just do that instead of trading it to EB or Gamestop and getting like $3 for your $60 game, lol.

*it should be noted that SOME stores policy is to OPEN the new copy they give you, probably to avoid said scam. I know it was ours at KB, except usually NOBODY follows through with that policy, except the really anal "company" men, you know, the brown-nosers who are 110% by the books. So while it SHOULD work anywhere, there IS a possibility that the "open game returned for full credit" scam (as I dubbed it when I was 9 and figured it out, lol, I used to have a 3 store ring that I would pull it off at, K-Mart, KB Toys, and Strawberries Music) may not work as planned.If it sucks then i wont open it and will take it back like you said and get fight night3.

No harm no foul.....Thanks Hi Hat you have been a help

King Felix
04-19-2006, 12:52 PM
get nba 2k6

TheAnswer385
04-19-2006, 12:58 PM
get nba 2k6it does look decent but basketball is almost over and i go with the seasons so thats why i was looking at baseball 2k6. I cant wait till Resident Evil 5!!!

King Felix
04-19-2006, 01:02 PM
if i was you i wouldnt be able to wait for madden 07 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand halo 3

TheAnswer385
04-19-2006, 01:18 PM
if i was you i wouldnt be able to wait for madden 07 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand halo 3as hard as it may be ..i never really was a halo fan.....then again i didnt have an xbox

Majpain
04-19-2006, 01:45 PM
as for controller, i like my wired one cause i can pull the wire and pick it up when i throw it

:lol:

AquaInferno
04-19-2006, 02:06 PM
uuuh i dunno dude, im not into oblivion and heard outfit sucks..as for controller, i like my wired one cause i can pull the wire and pick it up when i throw it

Self control is a good thing. It costs a lot less than whoopin a piece of plastic's ***. Wouldn't you agree?

mor911
04-19-2006, 03:29 PM
You need to buy Oblivion.

Agent51
04-19-2006, 05:46 PM
If it sucks then i wont open it and will take it back like you said and get fight night3.

No harm no foul.....Thanks Hi Hat you have been a help

Anytime man.

But I can't say from personal experience if MLB sucks or not, as I have never played, I just haven't seen any good reviews, from "experts" or fans. You could always either open it and try it and keep it or do my suggested scam, or just drop $5 more and rent it and then decide if you wanna open your copy and keep it or return it. You already spent $590 plus shipping, what's $5 more, lol. AND, I'm sure everyohne knows the Blockbuster scam, lol, if a game sucks you just bring it back and say it freezes and they give you credit towards another rental, so TECHNICALLY you could rent MLB for free too, :lol:

TheAnswer385
04-19-2006, 08:24 PM
You need to buy Oblivion.what wopld you compare that to??

Slappy8800
04-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Self control is a good thing. It costs a lot less than whoopin a piece of plastic's ***. Wouldn't you agree?

no

Dolfan11
04-19-2006, 10:02 PM
i need to know things that are really needed. Whats the diff between core and Premium

On another note. GREAT AVATAR!!!! Probably one of my top movies OF ALL TIME. Incredible, influential, dark, key film that delivers a story you will never forget, or stop thinking about.

Get it already if you can, your missing out.

Slappy8800
04-19-2006, 10:07 PM
i hated donnie darko

TheAnswer385
04-19-2006, 11:10 PM
On another note. GREAT AVATAR!!!! Probably one of my top movies OF ALL TIME. Incredible, influential, dark, key film that delivers a story you will never forget, or stop thinking about.

Get it already if you can, your missing out.THANKS...alot of people didnt get it and most people have no idea what my avy is... they say its disturbing :rolleyes2:D

TheAnswer385
04-19-2006, 11:12 PM
i hated donnie darkou must not of got it...i didnt get it the 1st time.

Slappy8800
04-19-2006, 11:19 PM
apparently not

Majpain
04-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Is donnie darko good?

TheAnswer385
04-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Is donnie darko good?most def worth a rent. i gave it an 8.5 out of 10 .....it does stick with you like Dolfan11 said.

TheAnswer385
04-25-2006, 12:57 AM
SWEET!! I just tracked my order and it sez it will be here 2moro or i guess you could say 2day!!!!! thats 2 days earlier than the earliest predicted time was. Amazing

Slappy8800
04-25-2006, 01:57 AM
enjoy ur paper weight ;)

Agent51
04-25-2006, 02:37 AM
enjoy ur paper weight ;)

Hopefully the paperweight thing works out better for him than it did for this guy

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/04/paperweight.explosion.ap/index.html

:sidelol: idiot

TheAnswer385
04-25-2006, 03:14 AM
Hopefully the paperweight thing works out better for him than it did for this guy

:sidelol: idiot:eek:

Slappy8800
04-25-2006, 04:15 AM
lmao!!

mor911
04-25-2006, 09:29 AM
You need to buy Oblivion.
:yeahthat: :yes:

UltraDol-Fan
04-25-2006, 11:12 AM

:sidelol: idiot

:lol: wow, Darwin award winner for sure

TheAnswer385
04-25-2006, 08:53 PM
:yeahthat: :yes:i got it and the system and game are amazing :D