PDA

View Full Version : New ESPN poll re:dolphin draft pick

NJPHAN
04-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Didn't see this posted but Espn has a new poll asking who Dolphins should pick at #16

link http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

scroll down to lower right side for poll.

NickJr.
04-19-2006, 12:41 PM
I voted for Sims. The guy can cover and really get after the QB.

Denverfinfan
04-19-2006, 12:42 PM
I voted for Sims as well, looks like most are looking at Hill though.

NJPHAN
04-19-2006, 12:47 PM
I also voted for Sims. I think more of an immediate impact player although I don't follow college football as well as some of you. Lets here your opinions

etsudolfan
04-19-2006, 12:48 PM
I voted for Sims too...we have some depth at CB...if we don't get Arrington, which I don't think we will because of his price...we need to get a quality LB. Sims fills this need..this guy can hit hard! and he's fast!

bigchub22
04-19-2006, 12:53 PM
one of the hardest hitters i have ever seen at that level he was the hardest hitting kid on the team as a freshman kid can fly too. I think if we dont have a quality safety left when our pick comes we should take him.

FSUDolphin
04-19-2006, 12:57 PM
voted for sims also...guy is a beast... FSU coaches kept him out of some summer contact drills last year cause he was hurting too many of our players...guy is a stud and would love for the dolphins to get him.. He was by far my favorite FSU player the last two years..

Finsfan79
04-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Sim isnt a 3-4 OLB Why are you voting for Sims??????

He doesnt fit our system at all. If you want a 3-4 OLB Wimbley, Lawson, Carpenter.

heck even greenway has better abilities and closer. Sims is too small, he would be a safety in our system. Bad bad pick dudes

DolphinzD
04-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Of the players listed, definitely Sims. If the Dolphins do not sign Arrington I think LB is more important at that spot than DB, and if Sims is there, grab him or a WR.

etsudolfan
04-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah he would be a great fit with Crowder and Thomas
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

ckparrothead
04-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Really strange set of choices. Bunkley, who will not be available. Then Sims, Wimbley, Whitner, and Tye Hill.

And Tye Hill leads the voting! Among Floridians, Ernie Sims leads the voting. Hardly anyone is voting for Brod Bunkley or Kamerion Wimbley (my choice).

Funny that the state of Ohio like all voted for Donte Whitner ;)

NJFINSFAN1
04-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Voted for Hill, we need CB's, Allen stinks!

If I didn't feel so strong about Allen stinking, I would have voted for Sims.

DrAstroZoom
04-19-2006, 01:04 PM
I'd love them to pick up Bunkley.

Bowl_Bound
04-19-2006, 01:05 PM
I voted for Kamerion Wimbley as well. It just seems that Saban likes versatility. Like the Ware guy Dallas drafted.

Finsfan79
04-19-2006, 01:06 PM
why would you vote for sims? did you ever look at his measurables?

do you plan on playing him as a safety?

Have you ever read a scouting report on him??? He isnt a 3-4 olb I dont get it.

MiamiMan147
04-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Sims would be undersized for our system. I voted for Bunkley, who in reality will be gone by the time we pick. He could play DE in our 3-4 alignment and combine with Wright to make for a truely frightening DL.

Finsfan79
04-19-2006, 01:08 PM
btw Kiper is doing a live chat right now

MiamiMan147
04-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Really strange set of choices. Bunkley, who will not be available. Then Sims, Wimbley, Whitner, and Tye Hill.

Yeah, I'd rather have Cromartie on that list instead of Hill. Bunkley will probably go in the top 10. Wimbley wont make it past Cleveland.

UCFinfan86
04-19-2006, 01:11 PM
i voted for whitner

DNADD
04-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Ernie Sims is a carnivorous beast who ate up everything in site. And are we really criticizing the guys size? I think all who follow the Dolphins know that size isn't everything. Thomas, Welker...

kpcane
04-19-2006, 02:08 PM
I want Lawson...but Wimbley was the best choice here. IMO, our secondary doesn't need as much help as people think it does. I'd still like us to draft some secondary, but if there's a top-tier OLB available, I say we go after him in the first.

Ghetti13
04-19-2006, 02:15 PM
I voted for Donte Whitner. He is an explosive football player who will become a Pro Bowl player very quickly at the next level. I expect him to get a long look at corner, and if that works, as I think it will, I expect Daniels to move to Free Safety.

Motion
04-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Strange list of choices. Surprised so many people picked Sims.

NorFlaFin
04-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Ernie Sims is a carnivorous beast who ate up everything in site. And are we really criticizing the guys size? I think all who follow the Dolphins know that size isn't everything. Thomas, Welker...

It's Saban who values size, the previous coach had a different criteria for his LB core.

Personally, I think the physical aspect is way over-rated(some positions anyway).

Avigatorx
04-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Strange list of choices.

I was looking for the "None of the above." choice.

IMO, Bunkley and Sims seem like the only guys worthy of a 16 pick.

Sorry all you Whitner fans, I just think he's over rated, one of those guys that shoots up the draftboard for no reason....

I picked Sims cause I think he is really the best "Football Player" on the list. Tell Zach and Nick Buoniconti about how Sims is undersized.

Where are the WR's?

Ghetti13
04-19-2006, 03:27 PM
Have you watched Whitner on tape?

I have three of his games and I have broken each one of them down. He is outstanding.

He line up over the slot, as the strong safety and even in the box. He is a player with the athleticism to dominate as a corner and the toughness to dominate as a safety.

He has unbelievable explosion and acceleration. His read and recognition skills are outstanding. He brings the wood and loves contact.

In my opinion, he is the second best defensive back in this draft behind Michael Huff.

Oh yeah, plus he tested through the roof at workouts.

There are plenty of reasons why he is rising up draft boards. Plenty.

Lee2000
04-19-2006, 03:49 PM
The only one I would vote on is Sims, but I honestly do not believe it will be any of the players mentioned. I think Jackson, Greenway, Holmes, or Demarco Ryans will be more realistic selections. I completely disagree with ESPN on defensive back and in particular safety. I do not believe a safety other than Huff would be selected by the Dolphins. I also disagree with those who argue offensive line. I believe NT, WR, or LB. I am firm on that, but I could be wrong.

Lee2000

Lee2000
04-19-2006, 03:50 PM
And I simply believe he if wrong this year.

Lee2000