PDA

View Full Version : what the denver trade means

InSabanWeTrust1
04-19-2006, 12:56 PM
the broncos just traded their 2nd first rounder pick to the 9ers for their 2nd n 3rd rounders. Now the broncos have one pick first round right before the fins(at pick 15). They have been projected to take jackson but i feel will now pass on him and grab their rb there. D.Williams is one possible way they can go. I originally thought they would try and get their rb at 22 but now that its gone theyll have no chance after the first round is over. So its what do they need more jackson or williams? They have rod smith and ashley lelie. at rb , tatum bell???? I'm hoping they grab their rb here and chad jackson with his 4.3 speed and big build falls to us. GO FINS GO GATORS

randy9
04-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Maybe denver is going to get that wr from green bay & this gives them a little more room to manuever?

DUB
04-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Maybe denver is going to get that wr from green bay & this gives them a little more room to manuever?

Good point. It is likely Javon Walker will be a Bronco. That may leave jackson there, but I see Nick going D, either safety or LB, in rd 1.

InSabanWeTrust1
04-19-2006, 01:11 PM
broncos have 7 piks in first 4 roudns. IF the packers are willing to trade walker, they could get an early 3rd for him. I dont believe they are willing though because he is part of their future and just b/c a player wants out doesnt mean you move him.

IF chad jackson is their at 16, you better believe saban thinks long and hard.
other options include wimbley, lawson, allen, whitner

calmrage
04-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I'd rather have the MUCH more polished Santonio Holmes at 16 than Jackson.

Bowl_Bound
04-19-2006, 01:12 PM
the broncos just traded their 2nd round pick to the 9ers for their 2nd n 3rd rounders. Now the broncos have one pick first round right before the fins(at pick 15). They have been projected to take jackson but i feel will now pass on him and grab their rb there. D.Williams is one possible way they can go. I originally thought they would try and get their rb at 22 but now that its gone theyll have no chance after the first round is over. So its what do they need more jackson or williams? They have rod smith and ashley lelie. at rb , tatum bell???? I'm hoping they grab their rb here and chad jackson with his 4.3 speed and big build falls to us. GO FINS GO GATORS

ESPN said Denver traded the 22nd overall to the niners...I thought.

InSabanWeTrust1
04-19-2006, 01:16 PM
thats what i said...........

Smoke
04-19-2006, 01:16 PM
ESPN said Denver traded the 22nd overall to the niners...I thought.

Yeah, its the 22nd overall pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2413928

PhinsRock
04-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Why would the 49'ers trade a higher 2nd and higher 3rd rounder for only a lower 2nd round pick? Doesn't make sense to me, I must be missing something.

In Saban We Trust!

InSabanWeTrust1
04-19-2006, 01:18 PM
thats wat i said 2nd first round pcik at #22

InSabanWeTrust1
04-19-2006, 01:19 PM
it was the 9ers 2nd and 3rd round picks for the #22 overall pick

FanMarino
04-19-2006, 01:25 PM
What is the Javon Walker asking price? if the Broncos
get him then the chances of us getting either Holmes or Jackson have just gone up dramatically IMO.

SR 7
04-19-2006, 01:26 PM
interesting trade, i think awesome trade for DENVER and stupid for 9ers. waht are the 9ers picks? waht spot? and i think they will GO jackson and draft in rd 2 for RB b/c remember they make later rd RB into great ones ala portis, anderson, gray or hwatever they are name wise looll. so htey'll go addai or something in rd 2 and jackson rd 1 bc/ there is talent there for RB but not WR compared to jackson/holmes

WISfinfan13
04-19-2006, 01:27 PM
If Denver was going to make a move for Javon why would they have traded their 1st round pick?? It is a known fact that the Packers arent going to trade Javon for anything but a first rounder. So if they trade for Javon they will have no first round picks.

InSabanWeTrust1
04-19-2006, 01:32 PM
the packers wont trade javon. he's the only guy on that offense besides rodgers and driver that have a future. hes a building block they cant let go of just b/c he is unhappy one offseason. if chambers was mad would we trade him this offseason and be left with booker and welker?? donnnt think so

SR 7
04-19-2006, 01:33 PM
the packers wont trade javon. he's the only guy on that offense besides rodgers and driver that have a future. hes a building block they cant let go of just b/c he is unhappy one offseason. if chambers was mad would we trade him this offseason and be left with booker and welker?? donnnt think so

dudde hav eyou even kept up wiht his situation? he has done ntn but say he will nevre play he hates it espn said he did so much damage verbally that now their is NO CHOICE but to trade him

InSabanWeTrust1
04-19-2006, 01:35 PM
i didnt hear there is NO CHOICE but to trade him. I knew he wanted out but still...the packers cant trade him for less than a first and they wont get that for a guy who had one good year and was just out for the season. If you can get culpepper and TO for 2nd round picks, javon is like a mid 3rd.

Jaj
04-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Basically the Fins have to hope Denver does get Javon Walker...

Although that makes them a monster of a team at the same time and I'd rather they get Chad Jackson and us Holmes than us Jackson and them Walker.

HEDAZHELAS24
04-19-2006, 01:46 PM
this could mean alot of things... i think this trade also could have happened in order to have more picks to work wtih in the trade for javon...like the second they just got from the niners and a fifth or sixth for javon...but if they dont trade for javon before the draft then its most certain that denver can use round one for jackson and round 2 for a rb..can lendale fall that far to the 37th overall i think he can

SR 7
04-19-2006, 01:49 PM
this could mean alot of things... i think this trade also could have happened in order to have more picks to work wtih in the trade for javon...like the second they just got from the niners and a fifth or sixth for javon...but if they dont trade for javon before the draft then its most certain that denver can use round one for jackson and round 2 for a rb..can lendale fall that far to the 37th overall i think he can

no b/c he wont make it past Pittsy

JFoxx
04-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Let's not forget that Denver is not just in the market for WR or RB, they've been not quiet about wanting to get a top tier TE (Vernon Davis). So I think this helps also. A Walker deal may have been or about to be done and this deal w/SF was positioning to give GB what they wanted from Denver. I don't think Denver wants that many picks in the early round (for cost/cap reasons), I think they want 2-4 impact players now to put them over the top (in their opinion). So I think GB and Denver will do a trade on draft day where several picks go to GB for Walker or a combo of trades for Walker and some GB picks. Regardless, I think it's good for us.

rayfinkle5
04-19-2006, 01:58 PM
You guys are missing a huge point...Lelie wants out of Denver so he can be a #1. Doesn't anyoneelse see Lelie and a draft pick going to Green Bay for Walker?

Ray Finkle

stroodlemaster
04-19-2006, 02:07 PM
i hope we can land either jackson or holmes at 16.....the more weapons for daunte the better

SR 7
04-19-2006, 02:13 PM
and i heard on ESPN that DENVER can possibly trade up to get Davis and now wiht this many picks a package of 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, and lelie for just walker and the 1st maybe

newlownorder
04-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Good point. It is likely Javon Walker will be a Bronco. That may leave jackson there, but I see Nick going D, either safety or LB, in rd 1.

ESPN radio is reporting that Denver will likely use the pick to trade for Javon Walker.

Lee2000
04-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Use both first round picks to move up and get Davis
Use first number 1 to get a wr.
Very doubtful they will use the first number 1 on running back.

Lee2000

SR 7
04-19-2006, 02:21 PM
nice ownt go S in rd 1 unless its huff. He will go S in rd 3 or 4.

SR 7
04-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Use both first round picks to move up and get Davis
Use first number 1 to get a wr.
Very doubtful they will use the first number 1 on running back.

Lee2000

they dont have 2 1sts so NO thats not it but number 3 sounds true. they ownt go RB in rd 1. most likely rd 2

Motion
04-19-2006, 02:37 PM
nice ownt go S in rd 1 unless its huff. He will go S in rd 3 or 4.

:confused: Dude, seriously, spellcheck is your friend. half your posts aren't even readable.

Motion
04-19-2006, 02:38 PM
You guys are missing a huge point...Lelie wants out of Denver so he can be a #1. Doesn't anyoneelse see Lelie and a draft pick going to Green Bay for Walker?

Ray Finkle

:yes:

Motion
04-19-2006, 02:38 PM
and i heard on ESPN that DENVER can possibly trade up to get Davis and now wiht this many picks a package of 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, and lelie for just walker and the 1st maybe

They would need ALOT more than that to get up to 5 overall. Thats pretty obvious.

Slaytallica
04-19-2006, 02:39 PM
the broncos just traded their 2nd first rounder pick to the 9ers for their 2nd n 3rd rounders. Now the broncos have one pick first round right before the fins(at pick 15). They have been projected to take jackson but i feel will now pass on him and grab their rb there. D.Williams is one possible way they can go. I originally thought they would try and get their rb at 22 but now that its gone theyll have no chance after the first round is over. So its what do they need more jackson or williams? They have rod smith and ashley lelie. at rb , tatum bell???? I'm hoping they grab their rb here and chad jackson with his 4.3 speed and big build falls to us. GO FINS GO GATORS
Why is everyone ripping on Tatum Bell? The guy ran for nearly 1,000 yards last season with over 5 yards a carry. I know he played with a great line and everything, but why would they need a upgrade?

I could see them taking a RB later in the draft or something, but I doubt they traded up to get a backup RB. They also still have Ron Dayne, who also had over 5 yards a carry on 53 carries.

FanMarino
04-19-2006, 02:43 PM

Ray Finkle
Walker is better than Lelie but what draft pick u talking about? Walker is miles better than Lelie IMO. Lelie hasnt shone and proved himself stella WR material.

Motion
04-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Walker is better than Lelie but what draft pick u talking about? Walker is miles better than Lelie IMO. Lelie hasnt shone and proved himself stella WR material.

Just a guess, but most likely either the 2nd or 3rd they just traded for.

SR 7
04-19-2006, 04:19 PM
:confused: Dude, seriously, spellcheck is your friend. half your posts aren't even readable.

that wasn't spell check issue, I wrote the wrong thing, i meant to say NICK WON'T my bad or at least i am assuming cuz it took me a while to figure out what i meant by it