I can't wait to play this game

http://sports.ign.com/articles/702/702305p1.html

Motion
04-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Sweet, always loved that franchise.

NCAA>Madden

HysterikiLL
04-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Looks like it's going to be the best sports game in history if it keeps at pace and provides all those benefits. I can't freakin' wait, except no more VY on UT :(

UCFinfan86
04-26-2006, 11:18 PM
seems really cool, i have never boguth an NCAA game thought b/c for me its a waste cuz when madden comes out i wont play it anymore, but it deffiently looks rent worthy

King Felix
04-27-2006, 01:53 AM
i like madden more cuz i dont know as many players as i do in NFL

Motion
04-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Madden has the edge for many as far as personel and names go, but if you compare by gameplay there is absolutely no contest.

PeaTearGriffin
04-27-2006, 11:14 AM
i get NCAA every year, its the best football game around, my only concern is it going to toned down like other sports games on the 360

Motion
04-27-2006, 11:18 AM
i get NCAA every year, its the best football game around, my only concern is it going to toned down like other sports games on the 360

:yes:

Agent51
04-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Madden has the edge for many as far as personel and names go, but if you compare by gameplay there is absolutely no contest.

Yea definately. I ALWAYS get both, because I'm one of those people who likes to name all the players properly and then create myself and friends and recruit myself to Texas (my favorite team) and let the computer recruit everyone else then I follow 'em into the NFL. I was excited last year because of the heisman/superstar mode, it seemed like a mode MADE for people like me, excep it was wretched, lol.

I hated how you couldn't pick your number if someone already had it, even though (on Texas anyway) there were like 2 #4s, 8s and 9s etc etc, that STARTED, lol. I at least figured you should be able to change your # in the offseason, since the guy with my # (21) graduted after my freshman year, but no. I did like how you could choose to walk-on at your favorite school if you didn't get the offer (Texas was ranked 4 last year and it was really hard to get an offer from them in the drills for RB, whch is what I play), but now that is gone this year. It says you can't choose to walk-on anymore but they do have more offers. I hope it's a LOT more, because I don't wanna redo spring drills 2098374 times to get a Texas offer, lol.

In terms of Superstar mode, cool idea, but it was horrible. First, I hated it off the bat because when I imported myself as a heisman player, who I created WHITE, since, you know, IM WHITE, lol, was black. Now at first I was like, no biggie, I'll just change the skin color back, but hey, go figure, you can edit everything BUT the skin color. Now it lost all it's "realism" feeling since I was now a black man, lol, so I basically wasted all that time playing 4 seasons in NCAA heisman mode (while I was playing my dynasty too), which I never woulda touched otherwise, because i like all the offseason crap, of which there WAS none in Heisman mode. I tried redoing it like 90 times and I came out black every time, haha.

Then I'm like, ok, whatever, I don't like SUperstar mode anyway, and I've still got myself in a draft class. So when it comes time for me to enter the draft, I make sure to scout myself. I know we have Ronnie and Ricky, but what the hell, I wanted to be a Dolphin, lol. Well, it's like 4 picks before us and I have the draft on slow speed, so I can see who is at the top of team's boards. All the sudden the 49ers are looking at me, lol, so I decide to make a trade. I got rid of Ricky, and a 2nd rounder to move up and grabbed myself. Well, guess what, I WAS BLACK THERE TOO!!!! And, of course, I couldn't change him. I KNOW I made myself white in BOTH NCAA modes, and now I was "dark", I when from light skin to dark, it didn't even move to medium, lol.

Now I start thinking Madden is racist and assumes all higher rated HBs are black so they auto change them, but this theory was shot down when 2 other friends that are HBs I created got drafted and stayed white, lol, and then a friend I created as a QB turned black. A black friend I created at WR also turned to medium. So of 11 friends I created, 3 changed color somehow. This never happened in the previous years of NCAA/Madden, hopefully they fix it for next year, or at least let you edit the appearance so in case it does change you can change it back. If you can change names and colleges and height and weight, why can't you change skin color and hair?

Medieval954
04-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Sweet, always loved that franchise.

NCAA>Madden

This man speaks the truth. I like Madden, but I love NCAA.