PDA

View Full Version : LB rd 1 if we dont get LA

SR 7
04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
If we dont get LA, what route would you guys wnat us to go in RD 1? I think signing him helps us tremendously cuz then we can go WR/DT in rd 1 or even OT but w/out him we prob cancel out one and go LB as 1st priority. i think S will be addressed rd 3 or 4 and that w/out LA we will prob go after LAWSON, SIMMS, or BUNKLEY/WIMBLEY. Lawson is a 4.4 man and M williams is a 4.8 man and that shows tremendously when you watched their vid's and see how unhumanly fast Lawson gets off the line. he puts M wiliams to shame and i heard that M WIlliams tends to take some plays off and isn't that consistent.
What LB would you guys want if we dont get LA in rd 1?

Motion
04-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Carpenter, Lawson, or Wimbley

jimthefin
04-20-2006, 02:02 PM
I am staring to really like Greenway at #16.

I like Whitner too.

I would be happy with either but would prefer a trade down to pick up later 1st and a #2 pick.

The Fins could still get a quality DB or LB in the 20's somewhere.

Motion
04-20-2006, 02:06 PM
I am staring to really like Greenway at #16.

I like Whitner too.

I would be happy with either but would prefer a trade down to pick up later 1st and a #2 pick.

The Fins could still get a quality DB or LB in the 20's somewhere.

I agree, trade down for more picks. There is great depth at LB and DB in this draft.

TotoreMexico
04-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Lawson or Greenway maybe?:confused:

bullseyeguy
04-20-2006, 03:43 PM
If we dont get LA, what route would you guys wnat us to go in RD 1? I think signing him helps us tremendously cuz then we can go WR/DT in rd 1 or even OT but w/out him we prob cancel out one and go LB as 1st priority. i think S will be addressed rd 3 or 4 and that w/out LA we will prob go after LAWSON, SIMMS, or BUNKLEY/WIMBLEY. Lawson is a 4.4 man and M williams is a 4.8 man and that shows tremendously when you watched their vid's and see how unhumanly fast Lawson gets off the line. he puts M wiliams to shame and i heard that M WIlliams tends to take some plays off and isn't that consistent.
What LB would you guys want if we dont get LA in rd 1?Would it be possible for you to make any more threads?

MiamiDolphins34
04-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Wimbley or trading down and getting Carpenter and Jon Scott/Gabe Watson in the 2nd

SR 7
04-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Wimbley or trading down and getting Carpenter and Jon Scott/Gabe Watson in the 2nd

i like the sound of that but dont ask why i just also would like to trade RW for den 37th overall and possibly a 5th or 6th b/c itll help us out on the long run AND b/c i doubt RW accoridng to him is going to be aorund for much longer. 1-2 years according to him

Miamibyrd_24
04-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Im starting to warm up to this guy Lawson, great size, and a real player.

SR 7
04-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Im starting to warm up to this guy Lawson, great size, and a real player.
check him out for yoruself....

http://www.twincitiesminnesotablog.com/2006/04/2006_vikings_dr.html

now dont tell me he donest put M williams and his 4.8 40 to AND off the line speed to shame

RunRickyRun34
04-20-2006, 07:16 PM
check him out for yoruself....

http://www.twincitiesminnesotablog.com/2006/04/2006_vikings_dr.html

now dont tell me he donest put M williams and his 4.8 40 to AND off the line speed to shame

Alright.. He doesn't put Mario Williams to shame :D

Seriously though, Lawson is a great player but you are watching a "Lawson Highlight Reel" so you will see every nice play Lawson made.

SR 7
04-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Alright.. He doesn't put Mario Williams to shame :D

Seriously though, Lawson is a great player but you are watching a "Lawson Highlight Reel" so you will see every nice play Lawson made.

ok adn then wetach M Williams video isn't as impressive as his.

phinfan_1
04-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I love DeMeco Ryans.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-20-2006, 11:25 PM
ok adn then wetach M Williams video isn't as impressive as his.
mario williams is much better than lawson.

Miamifin23
04-21-2006, 12:01 AM
If we go LB, I would stay at 16 and hope Wimbley falls, if not, I would consider drafting Ernie Sims, or trading down and getting Carpenter. I just think Carpenter is going to be a very good OLB in the 3-4 defense. Lawson is another strong possibility, but he'll be more work than say a Wimbley or Carpenter.

Jimmy James
04-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Carpenter.

I'm trying to think like I think Nick is thinking instead of my typical BPA mantra. I think Nick is looking for the best player available at the time who will fit as a component into what he wants to do. I think Bobby is that guy.

zodiak
04-21-2006, 01:07 AM
I wouldnt touch Simms he is like 5-11 if miami drafts OLB its to fill the SOLB spot and no 5-11 222lb LB will do IMO.

Now as for Lawson man I love his athletic ability however he is a reach at 16,
the other LB I really like is Carpenter ( he was used much like Taylor DE/LB )
again is 16 to high for Carpenter? donno.

I also dont see a trade down as a possablity...as I see the draft right now where would the trade partner come from?