PDA

View Full Version : Define "next-gen"

dQbell
04-20-2006, 05:07 PM
That phrase is being thrown around quite a bit in the gaming world these days. It has been the claimed reason to seek out an Xbox 360, but have we seen anything thus far that tells us we are in another league of gaming? I don't think so. I have seen some hints (GRAW/Oblivion), but even those lack in many ways.

No, I wasn't expecting all games to have the graphics equivilant of Shrek, but I did think it would be close. I'm still waiting for that one title to come along that says, "this is the next level."

I understand that developers need some time developing for the 360 and I am aware that this fall should have a strong line up, but what is it that you want to see from the next batch of games claiming to be next-gen? What's your definition?

UltraDol-Fan
04-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Next gen for me would be something original, like new ways to interact with the game. The Nintendo Revolution is definitley doing this with their new controller, the 360 so far hasn't really done anything except give games better graphics, but hopefully they will get better with time.

EDIT: the 360 has taken gaming to the next level online, with the marketplace and ability to be with your friends in almost every game. that is definitely next gen to me. the games just need to learn to utilize it better

Medieval954
04-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Define "next-gen"
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/04/revol1-1.jpg

:wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-20-2006, 11:23 PM
"next-gen" for me will always be the PSX, n64 and saturn.