PDA

View Full Version : Check out what Gus has to say

elite14eva
04-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Rams | Frerotte says Linehan is the same guy
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:58:02 -0700
Steve Korte, of the News-Democrat, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/34/nfl">St. Louis Rams backup QB Gus Frerotte (http://www.kffl.com/player/392/nfl), who worked with new Rams (http://www.kffl.com/team/34/nfl) head coach Scott Linehan (http://www.kffl.com/player/8300/nfl) in Minnesota and Miami, said he noticed no change in Linehan's personality since becoming a head coach. "He's the same guy," Frerotte said. "I think he is even more relaxed now. He looks great. He looks a lot younger for some reason. I guess it's just getting out of Miami."

InMyChambers
04-22-2006, 08:16 PM
?????? what's that mean?????

FanMarino
04-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Rams | Frerotte says Linehan is the same guy
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:58:02 -0700
Steve Korte, of the News-Democrat, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/34/nfl">St. Louis Rams backup QB Gus Frerotte (http://www.kffl.com/player/392/nfl), who worked with new Rams (http://www.kffl.com/team/34/nfl) head coach Scott Linehan (http://www.kffl.com/player/8300/nfl) in Minnesota and Miami, said he noticed no change in Linehan's personality since becoming a head coach. "He's the same guy," Frerotte said. "I think he is even more relaxed now. He looks great. He looks a lot younger for some reason. I guess it's just getting out of Miami."
Who cares if he wants to come out with comments like that. Linehan will have more pressure being a HC than an OC. Linehan did good for us and good luck to him. Hope u enjoy ya last season warming the bench Gus.

cnc66
04-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Miami wasn't nice to Gus or his family.

huck1974
04-22-2006, 08:19 PM
he probably just banged his head again

SR 7
04-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Who cares if he wants to come out with comments like that. Hope u enjoy ya last season warming the bench Gus.

he is just angry and has real problems. don't yall remember last game of the season he said I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS OR WHAT HAPPENS, I WILL BE BACK NEXT YERA AND BE THE STARTER! clearly he has some sort of issues to deal with its ok, leave the poor denialed freak alone. clearly that head butt against the concrete wall loosened some screws

like2god
04-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Gus is a
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

iDolFan
04-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Gus has no class....glad the turd is gone.

MexDolfan
04-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Maybe that's because here, they where under Saban.
Everybody knows that Nicktator's rules are very hard to satisfy, so they both lived under stress.
Now they'll have a lot of work to do, but a more relaxed one.

Montella
04-22-2006, 08:23 PM
gus who? :sidelol:

we have a 9-7 record without a quarterback, imagine what will happen with a healthy culpepper.... :D

CCMiamiDolphins
04-22-2006, 08:29 PM

I know fans booed him, but what happened to his family?

hestar
04-22-2006, 08:32 PM

:sidelol::sidelol:..Hell nah..I think he's just mad that we didn't keep him around and know he's gotta play back up for a garbage team...

like2god
04-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Oh it was an awful thing, his wife put the kids up for adoption, she shaved her head and moved to Buffalo and became a Bills fan. Even the dog had a hard time in Miami, the pressure was so great he threw himself into oncoming traffic. :tongue:

TotoreMexico
04-22-2006, 08:34 PM

:sidelol:

ShuggieOtis
04-22-2006, 08:37 PM
what is gus' deal, he always seemed so polite last year

Silverphin
04-22-2006, 08:38 PM

Some pathetic excuse for a phinfan made Gus's daughter cry.

dlockz
04-22-2006, 08:40 PM
I dont find anything wrong with his comments, he just has a lot of manlove for his coach. I just hope they keep thier office romance from affecting the team.

dahlmarino
04-22-2006, 08:40 PM

I wish you werent right. I always hoped Dolphins fans would show a little more class than your average drunken slobbering Browns fan. When some idiot feels the need to take their animosity towards Gus out on his daughter at a game, it makes me sick. I dont think anybody really wants to associate themselves with fans like that, and those are always the fans the players remember when they leave.

FanMarino
04-22-2006, 08:43 PM
what is gus' deal, he always seemed so polite last year
just a bit bitter i guess. He knows hes got no chance starting behind Bulger so he sees the end coming.

Silverphin
04-22-2006, 08:43 PM
I wish you werent right. I always hoped Dolphins fans would show a little more class than your average drunken slobbering Browns fan. When some idiot feels the need to take their animosity towards Gus out on his daughter at a game, it makes me sick. I dont think anybody really wants to associate themselves with fans like that, and those are always the fans the players remember when they leave.

Agreed. **** it, I'll come right out and say it: I admired every single last damn minute Gus was on the field. A lot of people bashed him. But he did an admirable job. And some dumb **** of a dolphins fan... a DOLPHINS FAN of all people... want to make the QB's daughter cry? Why doesn't he try to step in to Gus's shoes for just 13 plays.

FanMarino
04-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Some pathetic excuse for a phinfan made Gus's daughter cry.
Hope the fan was banned. No call for that.

like2god
04-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Wow, I honestly didn't know that happened.

feelthepain
04-22-2006, 08:45 PM
I think it's Gus's way of saying "I'm mad I not the starter in Miami". If you think about it, it's a compliment to the Fins organization. He knows this team is good and is gonna get better and it was a real chance for him to prove he can lead a team deep into the playoffs.

I'm not upset by his attitude and comments, after a long career as a backup he probably thought Miami was his legit chance to win and prove he's more then a backup if not to the league to himself. You can't deny Chambers never reached a probowl under any other QB since he's been a fin. I for one was satisfied with the way Gus played. I'm thrilled we have Pep, but Gus was a serviceable QB.

tory
04-22-2006, 08:49 PM
if he wanted to win so bad, take a paycut and stay here... atleast he'd have a better chance of getting a ring before it's all said and done.

and as for the fan that made his daughter cry, people everywhere can be jerks. anyone in a high-profile position on any sports team has to deal w/jerks. that's something him and his family should've gotten used to along time ago. especially when he played up in d.c. it's a shame people act like that, but i deal w/jerks on a regular basis. i learned along time ago, let it roll off your back. if one fan is gonna ruin his entire experience here in miami he really is a cry baby. jmo.

CCMiamiDolphins
04-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah, idk why he didnt stay, and didnt he say Miami would be his last stop cause he was tired of moving his family.

ShuggieOtis
04-22-2006, 08:54 PM
just a bit bitter i guess. He knows hes got no chance starting behind Bulger so he sees the end coming.

he would be the #3 i think, that Fitzpatrick kid looks good

Aqua4Ever04
04-22-2006, 09:11 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol: :lol: :lol: HAHA! Genious, what an idiot Gus is!

FinzFan
04-22-2006, 09:19 PM
sour grapes, that's all it is..

dlockz
04-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Hell. Stuff happens I am glad he is gone at least as a starter. I think he did the best he could but his best is not among the best. On the field Gus showed alot of guts and played tough but I will never mistake him for a good NFL QB. If the worst thing that happens to Gus is someone makes his daughter cry he will be ok in life. I do not condone or even know the details. Someone please elaborate. If someone was yelling Gus sucked and his daughter cried or was talking about his bad QB play, well Gus should know that stuff like that is possible and protect his daughter from fan's wrath by doing what most millionaire's do, put her in a luxury box. Now if the guy was attacking her verbally or directing the comments at her then that is totally classless but that is life. Is he to blame all of Miami because he is only good enough to be a backup or that one fan was an idiot then he has his own issues.

Van-Island Fins
04-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Oh it was an awful thing, his wife put the kids up for adoption, she shaved her head and moved to Buffalo and became a Bills fan. Even the dog had a hard time in Miami, the pressure was so great he threw himself into oncoming traffic. :tongue:

Haha lol too funny , wrong but funny

Phinman84
04-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Sounds like Gus has been hanging out with Childress. He just bitter cause we tossed him aside after we got Daunte. Linehan has been class guy all along and especially after he left, Maybe Gus could learn a thing or two from him. Gus was here a year or two max anyway, What did he think he was the future of franchise. Get a clue Gus:fire:

Anthony D.
04-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Yeah,Gus needs to shut his trap just like Childress.They should learn what class is and close their pie holes.

ATS16
04-22-2006, 10:57 PM
However bitter and petty Gus what's to come off as, the truth is Linehan's ability as a head coach will be directly related to how much he was able to learn from Saban in only 1-Year.

1Dolfan
04-22-2006, 11:01 PM
can someone please tell me what the fan did to make gus' daughter cry???????

utahphinsfan
04-22-2006, 11:03 PM
First, second, & third Childress and now Gus. I love the fact the people hate the Dolphins; Saban is doing something right.

phinman1
04-22-2006, 11:06 PM

Disagree. Miami gave him a starting job when nobody else would. Did he really think he'd be a starter in year 2 of the Saban regime?

Silverphin
04-22-2006, 11:06 PM
can someone please tell me what the fan did to make gus' daughter cry???????

Baically, he said her dad sucks.:tantrum:

indifin
04-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Gee then why did gus want to stay here?

cheyannefan
04-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Hell. Stuff happens I am glad he is gone at least as a starter. I think he did the best he could but his best is not among the best. On the field Gus showed alot of guts and played tough but I will never mistake him for a good NFL QB. If the worst thing that happens to Gus is someone makes his daughter cry he will be ok in life. I do not condone or even know the details. Someone please elaborate. If someone was yelling Gus sucked and his daughter cried or was talking about his bad QB play, well Gus should know that stuff like that is possible and protect his daughter from fan's wrath by doing what most millionaire's do, put her in a luxury box. Now if the guy was attacking her verbally or directing the comments at her then that is totally classless but that is life. Is he to blame all of Miami because he is only good enough to be a backup or that one fan was an idiot then he has his own issues.
I completely agree. Nicely said!

adamprez2003
04-22-2006, 11:17 PM
still can't figure the support the guy got from dolfans last year. Hated him from the day we acquired him

DolfanISS
04-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Agreed. **** it, I'll come right out and say it: I admired every single last damn minute Gus was on the field. A lot of people bashed him. But he did an admirable job. And some dumb **** of a dolphins fan... a DOLPHINS FAN of all people... want to make the QB's daughter cry? Why doesn't he try to step in to Gus's shoes for just 13 plays.

I agree. I think some fans are too quick to judge players and have ridiculous expectations for them. Gus is what he is, an average QB at best. With that being said I also think he did an admirable job back there. I however, never expected us to win the Super Bowl or lead the league in offense with Frerrotte at QB. I don't care what anyone says there were way less blatent bonehead mistakes from the QB position in 2005 than there has been since before 2000. Lots of posters here are way too sensitive. Every NFL player has the right to speak their mind about any franchise if they'd like. To me it's really no big deal, whether I agree with it or not. Any fan who verbally attacks a players young daughter is a piece of crap, Dolphins fan or not.

miaD5499
04-23-2006, 12:00 AM
gus could never face that fact that he just wasnt good and would never get this team to where we need to be....i use to have no hard feelings against gus but if hes going to go off making remarks such as this im glad he was let go and i cant wait until he see the sucess we have with daunte and joey as our back up, hes going to be wishing that he was the third stringer

KingNick88
04-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Why would anyone bash Gus after the season we had? It was Pitiful with Feely and Fiedler. Then we get a winning record and people still cry and blame it on the QB. I don't blame Gus for making these comments becuase he did not get treated with the respect that he deserved. I'm not saying all of us Dolphins fans are bad but there are a select few, including the moron that made his daughter cry. That person needs to be put in a mental institute. I would have hunted that person down if I were Gus. I am extremely happy we have Culpepper and not Gus, but give the guy a little respect. For his age, he had one hell of a season. Okay, I'm Done!:fire:

Bindog
04-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Screw Gus. Why are we wasting our time reading and writing about him?

When you think about it...half the people you know are below average. Gus just happens to be one of those people.

If we are really short on things to talk about why doesn't someone start a thread on fake boobs or something. Who cares about Gus? Screw Gus...Gus sucks.

Tpaddle
04-23-2006, 12:48 AM
I guess that's why Gus has been on so many teams during his career....
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifhttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifhttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/04/gussack_090698r-1.jpghttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/04/t1_frerotte_ap01-1.jpghttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifhttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifand now the Rams lol

Tpaddle
04-23-2006, 12:50 AM
Childress is a big BUM too..

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.giflol he looks funny

dlockz
04-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Why would anyone bash Gus after the season we had? It was Pitiful with Feely and Fiedler. Then we get a winning record and people still cry and blame it on the QB. I don't blame Gus for making these comments becuase he did not get treated with the respect that he deserved. I'm not saying all of us Dolphins fans are bad but there are a select few, including the moron that made his daughter cry. That person needs to be put in a mental institute. I would have hunted that person down if I were Gus. I am extremely happy we have Culpepper and not Gus, but give the guy a little respect. For his age, he had one hell of a season. Okay, I'm Done!:fire:

Well the rest of the league has no more respect for Gus than we do. If all 32 teams in the league decide that Gus is not starting material did we treat him bad or come to a realization. We gave GUs a chance and did not try to make him miss bonuses by sitting him. He should be happy, he made money and played. He is not a good QB so he is not the starter anymore.

Puka-head
04-23-2006, 01:10 AM
I would hope the other MEN in that section would quickly put a stop to such behavior. Lucky for him he didn't mess with my baby girl, she'd a kicked his mouth shut for him.

miaD5499
04-23-2006, 02:05 AM

im not trying to bash gus becasue i was one of the few who appreciated what he did for us last year and i understood fully what his roll was and i was upset when he left because i thought he could of have been a solid back up but you have to let things go i mean you dont have to bash the organization your gone, you've got a new job some where else but the fact is that he took it so harshly because he didnt want to come back if it wouldnt of had been to be the starter...he thought he deserved to be the starter and get more money which was out of the question because he obviously wasnt good enough to be a sb caliber if it wasnt for sage 2 of gus's wins would have been marked as losses...with all that said i guess the point im trying to make is that gus just has to move on because im sure that all of us dolfans have

MarinoForPres
04-23-2006, 02:31 AM
why does gus think he will be a top 5 qb in the nfl? hey gus i live in maryland i watch all the skins games b/c i have too and some b more games. do u remember how much u sucked a a skin???????? well u were teriable and for god sake you knocked yourself out by running into the wall!!!! so stop being so high on yourself and pray you even get 1 snap this year b/c the only reason you still are a round is b/c you know scotts offense. i thank the world you are out of miami after these comments you give about miami.

Dolphan23
04-23-2006, 02:31 AM

Yeah dude I totally agree with you on that. Gus demonstrated the type of player he really is when he has the opportunity to start under center. He definitely took on a lot of heat for the losses that were generated throughout the season. But I think the main thing to remember is that he went 9-6 as a starter. For the time that he was in Miami....I respected him and still do as a player. He also showed that he can be a leader on the field. Now aside from the whole situation, I am very thrilled to have Culpepper as our number one guy. However, it woulda been nice to see Frerotte stay for another year to finish out his career.

Califin
04-23-2006, 02:59 AM
?????? what's that mean?????

No idea.

Can't imagine anyone feeling under duress around jolly ol St Nick.

Califin
04-23-2006, 03:07 AM
Then again, I always wondered what Nick was looking at in this pic?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/04/nicky9ji-1.jpg

PhinGeneral
04-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Yes, Gus has a bit of sour grapes. But if some of you guys remember, there were a lot of rumors going around last year that Saban wasn't very happy with Linehan's offense, which subsequently led to the "feed the studs" mentality that the offense took the later part of the season.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Saban and Linehan weren't on the greatest of terms, which may have a great deal to do with why Gus said what he said.