PDA

View Full Version : A Baseball MMO?

Agent51
04-24-2006, 12:42 AM
http://www.ultimatebaseballonline.com/

Huh, this has GREAT potential for future sports games, however I don't know how fun BASEBALL will be, lol. But it is cool that you make a character and you only control that guy the whole time and then other players only control their guy and you all work as a team. It would be really fun for football, basketball, hockey, soccer in the future, all sports where eveyone is constantly moving, lol, but baseball? I guess it's just a test to see how the logistics work or something.

TheAnswer385
04-24-2006, 02:27 AM
Do you play that??

Agent51
04-24-2006, 02:46 AM
Do you play that??

No, lol, never heard of it before today, I was reading the new Sporting News and it was in there, figured I'd post it here because SOMEONE might like it.

I might be willing to play a football one, or maybe hockey or even basketball, but a baseball MMO seems EXTREMELY pointless and boring. Good idea, bad sport choice. I NEVER computer game, but I might be willing to if they come out with a football one of these though.

TheAnswer385
04-24-2006, 02:52 AM
No, lol, never heard of it before today, I was reading the new Sporting News and it was in there, figured I'd post it here because SOMEONE might like it.

I might be willing to play a football one, or maybe hockey or even basketball, but a baseball MMO seems EXTREMELY pointless and boring. Good idea, bad sport choice. I NEVER computer game, but I might be willing to if they come out with a football one of these though.I was willing to try er out if u had a team ....yea being an offensive lineman sounds really sweet :lol:

Agent51
04-24-2006, 03:37 AM
I was willing to try er out if u had a team ....yea being an offensive lineman sounds really sweet :lol:

I see tons of probs wth this though. Like what if a player got pissed at his team so he just sabotaged them, like, say he plays O-Line, he just keeps false starting til they are on the 1yd line, then on the play he totally blows his block and gets the other team a saftey, lol

UltraDol-Fan
04-24-2006, 10:16 AM
it does sound cool. I think to take care of the sabotage they could give XP or rank. It is an MMO afterall. Players could rank up based on play and wins.

Phinz420
04-24-2006, 01:58 PM
I remember seeing an early interview with the 2 lead developers of this. It definatly was far from impressing. The graphics are very weak, and honestly I give them credit in the innovation department- but come on, who really wants to sit out in the field not getting very much interaction. I even played in High School during my freshman year and little league many years before that, and this just does not sound that great to me. Now I dont know, if it was less of a simulation then you could possibly keep the interest of gamers, but from what I saw this was hardcore bent on simulation - and it wasnt even very good at that.

Maybe Im being harsh on an early view, but I was kind of disapointed to see such a poor implimentation on a new game concept.

Mindwarp
04-24-2006, 02:10 PM
what makes MMO's great is that you get to slay things you would not in real life with a bunch of people.

if you wanna play baseball in RL you can!!! GO OUTSIDE!!

mor911
04-24-2006, 02:22 PM
I actually installed and played this game last night. It's hard, but pretty cool. If we can assemble a whole team, this would actually be a lot of fun.

TheAnswer385
04-24-2006, 02:43 PM
I actually installed and played this game last night. It's hard, but pretty cool. If we can assemble a whole team, this would actually be a lot of fun.Im game :D

AquaInferno
04-24-2006, 04:47 PM
This idea would be bad for a football game, I think anyway. You ever try playing with just 1 person who's the WR. He pulls a TO or Keyshawn, "Throw to me on EVERY down regardless of how many guys are on me" I can only imagine an ENTIRE team like that. A Basketball game like this def. sounds doable and more fun.

Agent51
04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I actually installed and played this game last night. It's hard, but pretty cool. If we can assemble a whole team, this would actually be a lot of fun.

That is the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the TSN article, but then I checked it out and decided that, of all sports, BASEBALL isn't the best choice for a sport, lol. IDK, I'd be willing to try though.

Mor, can you describe to us more of what it's like?