iceblizzard69
12-21-2001, 11:42 PM
Who the **** cares!

miadphan13
12-22-2001, 12:01 AM
I gotta go with Ice on this one. :rolleyes:

dolfan25
12-22-2001, 12:09 AM
just for comedic relief anyways. I thought by the TV commercials that Zamfir was beloved.

iceblizzard69
12-22-2001, 11:31 AM
just for comedic relief anyways. I thought by the TV commercials that Zamfir was beloved.

That may be true in Canada. We have a lot of different commercials here in America.

panflutejedi
08-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

I think I can help you with this: Do an internet search for "The Pan Flute of Douglas Bishop", go to this website, then click on "The Hall of Panflutists" link in the lower right corner of the page.

This website makes one thing very clear, folks - More people care than you may have thought.

I would have to be honest and say that Zamfir has done the pan flute at least as much harm as good, in the sum of it all. He has always had a reputation for for cockiness and arrogance (even among other panflutists), and this has grown into full-blown megalomania as he has gotten older. But of course, the pan flute has a lot of history besides Zamfir. Take a look:

Do an internet search for "The Pan Flute of Douglas Bishop", go to this website, then click on "More Educational Resources" link in the middle right of the page. Finaly, click on the link, "A Worldwide History of the Pan Flute"

Anyway, I hope you all find this instructive!

Douglas Bishop

cnc66
08-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

I think I can help you with this, Dolfan: Do an internet search for "The Pan Flute of Douglas Bishop", go to this website, then click on "The Hall of Panflutists" link in the lower right corner of the page.

This website makes one thing very clear, folks - More people care than you may have thought.

I would have to be honest and say that Zamfir has done the pan flute at least as much harm as good, in the sum of it all. He has always had a reputation for for cockiness and arrogance (even among other panflutists), and this has grown into full-blown megalomania as he has gotten older. But of course, the pan flute has a lot of history besides Zamfir. Take a look:

Do an internet search for "The Pan Flute of Douglas Bishop", go to this website, then click on "More Educational Resources" link in the middle right of the page. Finaly, click on the link, "A Worldwide History of the Pan Flute"

Anyway, I hope you all find this instructive!

Douglas Bishop

this thread is 4 years old... holy cow. I liked how Tarantino used one in Kill Bill

panflutejedi
08-06-2005, 01:04 PM
this thread is 4 years old... holy cow. I liked how Tarantino used one in Kill Bill

Yes, Quentin Tarantino used a song that launched Zamfir's pop music escapades, "Einsame Hirte" (German = lonely shepherd).

Douglas Bishop

Noodle Arm
08-06-2005, 02:54 PM
I don't have a favorite pan flute player.

But I know who my favorite jazz flute player is...
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

byroan
08-06-2005, 03:01 PM
W...t....f....

d-day
08-06-2005, 03:36 PM
I don't have a favorite pan flute player.

But I know who my favorite jazz flute player is...

:chuckle: ...noodle is funny

Bobby Humphrey
08-06-2005, 03:50 PM
unknown

Roman529
08-06-2005, 04:41 PM
I dated a chick named Amanda who was a great flute player. :D

Predaphin
08-06-2005, 04:51 PM
who cares

unifiedtheory
08-06-2005, 05:22 PM
I dated a chick named Amanda who was a great flute player. :D

:lol:

Boone
08-07-2005, 12:21 AM

:spit:

ChrisKo
08-07-2005, 11:37 PM
How was Damian left off this Poll?

Some friends and I used to always wonder who would take over the Pan Flute spot currently held by Zamfir if he were ever in a plane crash. Then one day, we found our answer in Damian.

http://www.officialdamian.com/

zephon
08-08-2005, 04:12 PM
while zamfir is the greatest "just" pan flute player....Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull is a much better all around flautist....stick that in your pan flute and smoke it!

DrAstroZoom
08-08-2005, 04:24 PM
All this thread did was make me miss Michele. :cry:

Dolfan984
08-08-2005, 04:26 PM
All this thread did was make me miss Michele. :cry:

Me too bro :cry: