PDA

View Full Version : The Dolphins should boycott the 2006 season!

dean_siu
04-25-2006, 08:05 PM
The NFL's decision in the Ricky Williams matter is ludicrous and the organization should respond in a drastic manner. We should refuse to field a team as long as the league continues with it's stance of punishing an innocent player (and organization). Tags and the rest of the NFL has always had an agenda against Ricky and this decision reeks of discrimation against African-Americans, hippys, and Buddhists everywhere. By not playing any games this upcoming season, we will wreck havoc on the league...just as they are throwing our season into dissarray. They'd have to give in and do the just thing....let Ricky play and continue his assault on the NFL record books. If this Dolphins front office willingly accepts this decision and refuses to put up a stronger fight for Ricky (after everything he has done for us), it will be a major letdown to me and I wouldn't blame Ricky for never coming back to this team again.

Dors156
04-25-2006, 08:07 PM
:shakeno:

Ohio Fanatic
04-25-2006, 08:08 PM
I realize you're pissed off, I am too, but that is a stupid idea. Boycott our season, which can still be a great one if Ronnie stays healthy and we draft a RB, just for one player?

phinpunk14
If he broke the rule and took banned substances, he deserves it. Why should hold up the entire organization for one guy with a substance abuse problem?

Nublar7
:lol: Just accept it and move on. Sure it hurts, but it isn't a major blow to the team. Just a minor setback. Things still look good for this team.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-25-2006, 08:11 PM
The NFL's decision in the Ricky Williams matter is ludicrous and the organization should respond in a drastic manner. We should refuse to field a team as long as the league continues with it's stance of punishing an innocent player (and organization). Tags and the rest of the NFL has always had an agenda against Ricky and this decision reeks of discrimation against African-Americans, hippys, and Buddhists everywhere. By not playing any games this upcoming season, we will wreck havoc on the league...just as they are throwing our season into dissarray. They'd have to give in and do the just thing....let Ricky play and continue his assault on the NFL record books. If this Dolphins front office willingly accepts this decision and refuses to put up a stronger fight for Ricky (after everything he has done for us), it will be a major letdown to me and I wouldn't blame Ricky for never coming back to this team again.First of all you had to have an idea that this was coming. Also he is a repeat offender so they don't have anything against him, he put himself where he is today. We need to suck it up, and move forward!:wink:

Troysif
04-25-2006, 08:11 PM
:lol: Just accept it and move on. Sure it hurts, but it isn't a major blow to the team. Just a minor setback. Things still look good for this team.

yeah that^^^^^^

oodolphins
04-25-2006, 08:12 PM
The NFL's decision in the Ricky Williams matter is ludicrous and the organization should respond in a drastic manner. We should refuse to field a team as long as the league continues with it's stance of punishing an innocent player (and organization). Tags and the rest of the NFL has always had an agenda against Ricky and this decision reeks of discrimation against African-Americans, hippys, and Buddhists everywhere. By not playing any games this upcoming season, we will wreck havoc on the league...just as they are throwing our season into dissarray. They'd have to give in and do the just thing....let Ricky play and continue his assault on the NFL record books. If this Dolphins front office willingly accepts this decision and refuses to put up a stronger fight for Ricky (after everything he has done for us), it will be a major letdown to me and I wouldn't blame Ricky for never coming back to this team again.

Are you serious? :shakeno: The league made a decision (probably the right one) and the fans and the fins will have to move on. Refuse to field a team? What kind of crap is that? I am glad you are not in charge. :shakeno: You should really think before you post. Get over it buddy. You really have no other choice. :dolphins:

dominizzo
nonsense

Boone
Get a grip...Jeeeez! :rolleyes2

dolfn66

Ok, now you're getting carried away. Ricky did say in a statement that he's looking forward to returning to the team in 2007.

finfan32
04-25-2006, 08:13 PM
how about you boycott the season, that is the worst idea ive ever heard, ever.

FemaleFinFan
04-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Yeah, lets boycott the season, let our players get one year older, forgo any potential play off run all because Ricky couldn't follow the rules. Yeah that makes sense.
:sidelol:

Dors156
04-25-2006, 08:14 PM

yeah exaclty guys.i know im pissed as crap to that ricky got screwed but we gotta move on an get to the sb with ronnie as our back

dean_siu
How can everyone feel ok just abadoning Ricky now after everything he's done for this organization? This decision is probably the worst thing the NFL has done in the history of the league and we owe it to our franchise player to fight hard for his right to play!

DolphinDevil28
LOL.

Just.....LOL.

Nick13
04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
i agree with you that the front office should put up some sort of a fight, if for nothing else then as a show of support for Ricky. but boycotting the season would be ludicrous. look at the numbers ok. if we get no revenue from games, how do we pay our players? how do we pay our coaches? how do we pay for stadium upkeep? training facilities? etc....

DOLFANMIKE
04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Why are you surprised he failed another drug test and is banned for it? I mean, I understand hoping it was a mistake on the test and hoping for the best, but come on, he's got a substance abuse problem. You cant be all that surprised.

dean_siu
04-25-2006, 08:16 PM
LOL.

Just.....LOL.

I'm glad you find it funny that the NFL is showing their disdain for Ricky and the Dolphins by doing everything in their power to derail a possible Super Bowl run! F' those *******s....I refuse to watch a game at any point this season!

305TillIDie
04-25-2006, 08:17 PM
:lol: Just accept it and move on. Sure it hurts, but it isn't a major blow to the team. Just a minor setback. Things still look good for this team.:yes:

Bopkin02
Oh, I see. When the going gets tough, the tough...quit.
Hey Ricky, is that you posting on Finheaven? What's up dude? Bummer about your appeal.

DolphinDevil28
I'm glad you find it funny that the NFL is showing their disdain for Ricky and the Dolphins by doing everything in their power to derail a possible Super Bowl run! F' those *******s....I refuse to watch a game at any point this season!

I'm not laughing at the suspension.

Nublar7
So I guess you won't watch the draft this weekend?

NY Finatic
04-25-2006, 08:18 PM
This is a major overreaction. I loved Ricky and am quite upset by this turn of events, but the fact of the matter was that if he was guilty, he was guilty. It's not like he was arbitrarily suspended. He was already busted a number of times before for marijuana. Now, regardless of whether not this was an illegal drug, it was still something that the NFL banned. If you're going to be in the League, you have to know what you're putting in your body. Ricky had to understand he was taking a risk, and that if he got caught, there would be serious ramifications.

For you to take the stance that this is the worst thing the NFL has done in its history is ludicrous. They are merely enforcing a rule and a policy. You can take a stance against the policy, but the fact of the matter is that they aren't going to change it. It pretty much just happens that the NFL has one star player who can't stay clean from drugs and supplements. That player is Ricky, and he played for the Dolphins. It's terrible that it effects us so personally, but it's not the NFL's fault at all.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-25-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm glad you find it funny that the NFL is showing their disdain for Ricky and the Dolphins by doing everything in their power to derail a possible Super Bowl run! F' those *******s....I refuse to watch a game at any point this season!What you fail to realize is that Ricky put himself in this position, nobody else. This is self inflicted pain.

FemaleFinFan
04-25-2006, 08:19 PM

Sorry to hear that. Your gonna miss a great season dude.

My god, your like the spoiled 5 year old who holds his breath when he doesn't get his way! :shakeno:

NY Finatic
04-25-2006, 08:19 PM
In the five minutes it took me to post that reply, this thread got six other hits!!

Sethworld
04-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Ricky did this to himself, not the NFL, not the Dolphins, Ricky did this. He was given another chance and he blew it. He deserves this... he is a big negative for the team and I for one am not upset.

phinpunk14

Knock yourself out, killer.

dean_siu
So I guess you won't watch the draft this weekend?

I was planning to before today....but now I have more time for golfing.

I hope that next season I get a Nielsen TV diary at some point....so I can list all the hockey I'm watching. The NFL needs to pay a price for the crap they are pulling!

eric-in-tx
04-25-2006, 08:22 PM

jonkruse
04-25-2006, 08:24 PM

:sidelol: LOL..refuse to watch a game?..LOL

CPepp419
04-25-2006, 08:24 PM
i REALLLYYY hope this is a joke!! because it's the funniest thing I have heard all day. I am sure every dolphin fan, especially all the ones with their season tickets, want the dolphins to boycott the season. While your at it, maybe every single dolphin including Saban should just retire...Send a real, strong message:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

MustangFinFan
04-25-2006, 08:25 PM

son, what the hell is wrong with u?

Prime

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Bopkin02
Don't the Dolphins have some players besides Ricky worth watching? Why would you bail on your team because a known drug user got burnt? I'm a Dolphins fan first, player fan later.
Besides, word was Ricky was going to be traded anyway. We may have been watching him run in Colorado.

DrMultimedia
Four joints is enough to get you banned from your profession for a year. I'm sure all of you agree with that statement.

It doesn't really matter if someone is kicked out for drugs, is involved with a murder, pumps enough steroids to cause mental damage, or beats their wife (ok..only one of those is bad enough to get you out of the NFL), we are all creatures of the corporate conglomerate called football, and no one will miss a game of a team they follow.

I know I'll be watching every Fins game, even though I'm appalled at the rules currently associated with the NFL. Such is life.

GAphinfan55
04-25-2006, 08:27 PM
How can everyone feel ok just abadoning Ricky now after everything he's done for this organization? This decision is probably the worst thing the NFL has done in the history of the league and we owe it to our franchise player to fight hard for his right to play!

I do remember Ricky abandoning the Dolphins, the fans, and the league. He did this to himself. The NFL had nothing to do with his FOUR failed test.

finfan54
04-25-2006, 08:27 PM
If he broke the rule and took banned substances, he deserves it. Why should hold up the entire organization for one guy with a substance abuse problem?

yeah the only prob with your bright assumption is that there has been no reason giving for the suspension. So you assume he still has an abuse problem based on the all powerful NFL and their right to trample on peoples rights and then not explain there stance.

Noodle Arm
04-25-2006, 08:28 PM
When I saw the thread starter was dean_siu...I knew hilarity would ensue.

He has an unhealthy man-crush on Ricky Williams, I think it borders on stalkerish.

Nublar7
04-25-2006, 08:30 PM
http://www.moviewavs.com/0058493028/MP3S/Movies/Waterboy/ohnowesuckagain.mp3

Coral Reefer
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM

You again..... :shakeno:

Jay Fiedler in the Hall of Fame yet there dim siu?

As for the comment I highlighted.... get a grip man.
90% of the league is composed of African American players.
A statement as idiotic as they come.

DolfanISS
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
i REALLLYYY hope this is a joke!! because it's the funniest thing I have heard all day. I am sure every dolphin fan, especially all the ones with their season tickets, want the dolphins to boycott the season. While your at it, maybe every single dolphin including Saban should just retire...Send a real, strong message:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

I agree. I've said, "boycott the season, that's ridiculous" out loud about 5 times to my wife who really doesn't care. Then we can spend all year posting about not watching football. Sounds awesome.

like2god
04-25-2006, 08:34 PM
The NFL's decision in the Ricky Williams matter is ludicrous and the organization should respond in a drastic manner. We should refuse to field a team as long as the league continues with it's stance of punishing an innocent player (and organization). Tags and the rest of the NFL has always had an agenda against Ricky and this decision reeks of discrimation against African-Americans, hippys, and Buddhists everywhere.

Part of me wants to post the little smiley guy ROFL, but because I think you are serious, :shakeno: will do just fine.

dean_siu
04-25-2006, 08:36 PM

You're missing the point entirely....if the Dolphins just stated their intentions, the league would cave and allow Ricky to justifiably continue his career. Losing a team for 2006 would be a trainwreck to the NFL (much larger than what this ruling is for the Miami organization) and they would not allow it to happen. I'd hate to take this drastic of a measure....but the NFL leaves us no choice and if we are to rightfully contend for the Super Bowl with 100% of our arsenal intact, we need to make a bold move of this nature.

marinotoclayton
04-25-2006, 08:37 PM
I was planning to before today....but now I have more time for golfing.

I hope that next season I get a Nielsen TV diary at some point....so I can list all the hockey I'm watching. The NFL needs to pay a price for the crap they are pulling!

Grow up dude. there are 53 other players to watch on the Fins. What did they do to deserve your anger towards not watching them. If anything you should be angry with Ricky for being so stupid. Actually I for one hope that this nightmare that is Ricky will be over for us. Because all we have gotten lately from him is grief in some form or another.

How many times can one player affect a team so dramatically. He has screwed the team so many times it isn't even funny. When he retired he did it after the draft. When he came back it was after we drafted a running back. And now we are somewhat screwed again because we can't get anything for him and we are short a man.

But all will be ok I have faith in Nicky filling the holes.

J Tes
04-25-2006, 08:37 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhh

PhinPhan1227
04-25-2006, 08:38 PM

Since when it is a bad thing to pick on hippy's?:lol:

fearthefro933
04-25-2006, 08:39 PM
wow they let any r e t a r d pose an idea on this site huh

Coral Reefer
04-25-2006, 08:39 PM
yeah the only prob with your bright assumption is that there has been no reason giving for the suspension. So you assume he still has an abuse problem based on the all powerful NFL and their right to trample on peoples rights and then not explain there stance.

NFL trampling Ricky's rights! :lol:
You guys crack me up, seriously.

He failed a test..... AGAIN.

4 TIMES NOW!!!!

Neither you nor I know what the results were.
The NFL does know and had plenty of time to mull this over.

The NFL heard his appeal, allowed him representation to present his case fairly. IMO it would mean more for the NFL to have R. Williams back on the field so if they felt he deserves the suspension then he does.

As much as I would have wanted R. Williams back this year I can clearly see that Ricky only has himself to blame.

dean_siu
04-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Since when it is a bad thing to pick on hippy's?:lol:

If the hippy does nothing bad to deserve getting picked on, the pickee is nothing more than an a'hole for picking on the picker.

VAfin13
04-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Stop worrying about Ronnie, he avg. 4.7 yrds a carry the same as ricky last year. If Rickey wasn't available he could have played in the last two games and would have had over 1000 yrds. There are more pressing issues on this team.

Last year at this time you guys would have given your left nut to have Ronnie Brown, so rejoice he is ours.

Metal Panda
04-25-2006, 09:35 PM
let Ricky play and continue his assault on the NFL record books.

:sidelol:

wouldn't that entail him owning a series of records?

Metal Panda
04-25-2006, 09:39 PM
You're missing the point entirely

That's like chastizing a cabbie for driving into the Invisible Man--it's impossible to acknowledge what isn't there.

Alex44
04-25-2006, 09:45 PM

Yeah how dare the NFL suspend a player for using an Illegal substance :fire:

I hope you can all see the sarcasm in this reply.....

King Felix
04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
How can everyone feel ok just abadoning Ricky now after everything he's done for this organization? This decision is probably the worst thing the NFL has done in the history of the league and we owe it to our franchise player to fight hard for his right to play!:sidelol: :sidelol: yeah like screw us 2 years ago...

Sethworld
04-25-2006, 10:56 PM
You're missing the point entirely....if the Dolphins just stated their intentions, the league would cave and allow Ricky to justifiably continue his career. Losing a team for 2006 would be a trainwreck to the NFL (much larger than what this ruling is for the Miami organization) and they would not allow it to happen. I'd hate to take this drastic of a measure....but the NFL leaves us no choice and if we are to rightfully contend for the Super Bowl with 100% of our arsenal intact, we need to make a bold move of this nature.

Wow... looks like somone has gotten into RIcky's stash. Ricky failed, he failed himself, his teams, his coaches, his family. The guy has problems and the team is better off without him. He is a great running back, but he is a distraction that is unreliable at best. His off-filed drama has ruined one season already. His only value to this team at this point was as trade fodder and he couldn't even get his act together enough to do that. He may have been useful this season as a backup, but he couldn't even manage that. He needs help.