PDA

View Full Version : The NFL was built on drug addict stars. Lets name a few...........

Mark Higgins
04-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Mercury Morris: huge coke guy
Lawrence Taylor: huge crack guy with a major drinking problem, multiple DUI's

Hollywood Henderson: Actually played a super bowl with cocaine in his inhaler

Bruce Smith: cocaine / multiple DUI's

Lenord Little: major drinking problem, multiple DUI's, killed a man's family while driving drunk

Brett Favre: alcoholic / pill popper (percaset, vicadin)

Just seems a little ironic the NFL turns its back to Ricky. Feel free to add some more guys to the list.

Jamal Lewis: big time coke head / trafficer

Gardenhead
04-26-2006, 10:02 AM
The founding fathers of the great US of A owned slaves.

By your logic, it would be okay for Bush to own slaves.

The NFL has rules. Ricky broke them four times. End of story.

UltraDol-Fan
04-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Michael Irvin... almost the entire Dallas Cowboys for that matter

Dolfan73
04-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Lawrence Taylor? or how about murderer RaeRae Caruth, Ray Lewis.

PAFINFAN090
04-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Ricky broke the rules...numerous times. We would have been lucky if we got him back this season. He got what was coming to him. I think we were all niave to think he wouldn't betray us again. Don't bash the NFL, bash Ricky.

Mark Higgins
04-26-2006, 10:07 AM
The founding fathers of the great US of A owned slaves.

By your logic, it would be okay for Bush to own slaves.

The NFL has rules. Ricky broke them four times. End of story.

Uh, Bush does have slaves...............the American people

Mark Higgins
04-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Ricky broke the rules...numerous times. We would have been lucky if we got him back this season. He got what was coming to him. I think we were all niave to think he wouldn't betray us again. Don't bash the NFL, bash Ricky.

The thing is, no one knows what the rules are..............Randy Moss

Gardenhead
04-26-2006, 10:15 AM

We have found something we agree on!

FinFan72
04-26-2006, 10:42 AM
:shakeno:

DolfanDaveInATX
04-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Nate Newton - marijuana trafficker

Teenwolf
04-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Do steroids count? Then add nearly every player!!!

Seriously though, I dont think the NFL was built on addicts? Bart Starr, Jim Taylor, Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Fred Biletnikoff, Sammy Baugh, Red Grange, Raymond Berry, Earl Campbell, Larry Csonka, Tony Dorsett,Tom Fears, Joe Greene, Franco Harris, Jerry Rice, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Ronnie Lott, O.J Simpson - OOOPSS!

These are the real stars of the NFL!!!

wagz
04-26-2006, 10:31 PM
what can u do, some guys just cant gfet passed growin up rough a lotta guys u named probably grew up in a rough situation like jamaal lewis, he had 2 sell drugs its not somthin ppl who are on honor roll do maybe he wasnt smart enuf for a job n wanted money for college, it dosnt bother me, dan marino would get in trouble for havin coke on him 2marrow and id still love him, its not big thing

dominizzo
04-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Kerrry Collins big booooozer
mike Irvin Druggger
Onterrio Smith

RedHotCulpepper
04-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Cris Carter.....

BennyVW
04-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Koren Robinson- 1st round falling of the wagon talent.
Quincy Carter- Cocaine, Booze, Crack...Who knows...

nick1
04-27-2006, 01:53 PM
how about Bill Romanoski. a steriods user and dealer

but the NFL is the strictest sports league as far as drug use goes, I still can't get over how the MLB hasn't suspended more players for steriods. Bonds is still playing and you know there's lots of other guys on steriods

djfresh47
04-27-2006, 02:05 PM
how about Bill Romanoski. a steriods user and dealer

but the NFL is the strictest sports league as far as drug use goes, I still can't get over how the MLB hasn't suspended more players for steriods. Bonds is still playing and you know there's lots of other guys on steriods

MLB hasn't suspended more players because they have not tested positive.

nick1
04-27-2006, 02:08 PM
MLB hasn't suspended more players because they have not tested positive.
you beleive that? :shakeno:

djfresh47
04-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Koren Robinson- 1st round falling of the wagon talent.
Quincy Carter- Cocaine, Booze, Crack...Who knows...

Is Quincy Carter even on a roster? I'm not positive but Koren Robinson's drinking problem cost him his job with Seattle, I can't remember if he was ever suspended. I believe Jamal Lewis was suspended, Onterrio Smith will sit out atleast another year. So in theory the NFL turns it back on every player who tests positive for a banned substance and it's the NFL's fault that the players violate the drug testing policy? It's not like Ricky has not had chances either he failed three previous drug tests, have him own up to it and be accountable for his own actions.

djfresh47
04-27-2006, 02:19 PM
you beleive that? :shakeno:

Yes. I also think Bud Selig would like nothing more than to have Barry Bonds test positive so he does not have to do anything but suspend him and people will concentrate more on the actual games not the steroids issue.

nick1
04-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Yes. I also think Bud Selig would like nothing more than to have Barry Bonds test positive so he does not have to do anything but suspend him and people will concentrate more on the actual games not the steroids issue.
but the steriods issue is a big one, all of the big hitters used/uses them (Bonds, McGuire, Palmerio, Sosa, etc.) not all of them have been caught yet but there are ways to get by a test such as switch urine with someone. some drugs just don't show up on tests and thats how Bonds have gotten by undetected. players shouldn't be in the HOF if they cheated and steriods is cheating. not to mention steriods has also affected outcomes of countless games. sports should be about athletes competing fairly, they all have different talent levels but when one uses steriods they gain an unfair edge. the fair way to gain an edge is by working harder than someone else

RedHotCulpepper
04-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Well if you count steroids then you have guys like Lyle Alzado, Tony Mandarin (who PROBABLY did them if you ever looked at the guy) etc.

djfresh47
04-28-2006, 12:00 AM
but the steriods issue is a big one, all of the big hitters used/uses them (Bonds, McGuire, Palmerio, Sosa, etc.) not all of them have been caught yet but there are ways to get by a test such as switch urine with someone. some drugs just don't show up on tests and thats how Bonds have gotten by undetected. players shouldn't be in the HOF if they cheated and steriods is cheating. not to mention steriods has also affected outcomes of countless games. sports should be about athletes competing fairly, they all have different talent levels but when one uses steriods they gain an unfair edge. the fair way to gain an edge is by working harder than someone else

Only Palmeiro tested positive. Sports should be about atheltes competing fairly, but sometimes they're not. Homeruns are up this year and everybody wants to blame the hitters for using the juice but what about the pitchers? Ya wanna know how Bonds got by undetected? MLB didn't test when he was using the juice, allegedly. I'm a loyal baseball fan and always will be, but whose to say steroids weren't good for baseball? Alot of people left the game after the strike and the McGwire/Sosa balloon head homerun contest brought a ton of people back to the game, but nobody cared then. One of the biggest misconceptions about 'roids is that Alzado died from using 'roids but he died of brain cancer and I believe nothing was found to link them together. I want clean sports just like everybody else, but realistically it's not gonna happen.

nick1
04-28-2006, 07:29 AM
the MLB could be doing alot more to help prevent steriod use though