PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that sees us trading down on Saturday?

PassRush
04-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Think about it, there really is no "must have" player in the first round that will realisticly fall to us. The only first round player I am absolutly in love with is Micheal Huff and 1) He wont be there at 16 and 2) Even he is questionable. I hear increasing talk about Santonio Holmes but I just cannot justify a reciever in round one. We have very, very few picks which is unlike Saban. I could even see us trading out of the first round completely. Any thoughts?

Outrider01
04-26-2006, 08:00 PM
No one would likely want to trade into the 16th position, for reason's you've stated yourself

jnobes7
04-26-2006, 08:01 PM
yup

you are the only one

SCall13
04-26-2006, 08:03 PM
I'd love to trade down and accumulate more picks. It just doesn't seem realistic. There are alot of teams that probably want to trade down. So, with so many potential trading partners, you lose leverage, value, and - of course- possibilities.

Troysif
04-26-2006, 08:04 PM
ur not the only one, but i wouldnt be suprised if we didnt, I gotta go to my grandmothers 75th birthday so ill be watching the draft from a bar

finsgonewild
04-26-2006, 08:07 PM
ur not the only one, but i wouldnt be suprised if we didnt, I gotta go to my grandmothers 75th birthday so ill be watching the draft from a bar

how does that have to deal with trading down? I don't think the dolphins will be drafting a 75 year old grandma. :lol:

InSabanWeTrust1
04-26-2006, 08:07 PM
on draft day anything can happen. maybe guys want someone who falls a little further like a cutler, bunkley,wimbley, jackson,ngata. some of them have been rumored to be falling and i can see the chargers or steelers trading up if jackson or holmes is still there. especially the chargers they need weapons for drew brees. it would be very nice if we could trade down to the end of the first and would DEFINITELY still be able to choose one of these players: carpenter, cromartie, allen, whitner, williams, moss, wimbley, or lawson. i say 3 of them will be there if we trade down to like the 24-27th picks somewhere in there. we would grab someone who is worthy of a mid round 1st pick and hopefully pick up a 2nd or 3rd this year and like a 4th next.

CrunchTime
04-26-2006, 08:08 PM
That would be the best we could hope for.The problem is finding a trade partner.

IMO the best chance we have is if one of the two top WRs are still available at our pick.There is not much depth at the position so once the first one is gone there will be opportunities to trade down.

Saban has sold our interest in a WR very well so it could happen.

Troysif
how does that have to deal with trading down? I don't think the dolphins will be drafting a 75 year old grandma. :lol:

lol idk, i just thought id add that in there

finsgonewild
on draft day anything can happen. maybe guys want someone who falls a little further like a cutler, bunkley,wimbley, jackson,ngata. some of them have been rumored to be falling and i can see the chargers or steelers trading up if jackson or holmes is still there. especially the chargers they need weapons for drew brees. it would be very nice if we could trade down to the end of the first and would DEFINITELY still be able to choose one of these players: carpenter, cromartie, allen, whitner, williams, moss, wimbley, or lawson. i say 3 of them will be there if we trade down to like the 24-27th picks somewhere in there. we would grab someone who is worthy of a mid round 1st pick and hopefully pick up a 2nd or 3rd this year and like a 4th next.
drew brees is not on the chargers.. He is on the saints. Just to let you know

Troysif
04-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Drew Brees doesnt play for the chargers anymore:lol:, hes gonna be playing for the Saints bench next year

Marino2234
04-26-2006, 08:13 PM
yea i really hope we do and pick up manny lawson that would be my fav situtation

HysterikiLL
04-26-2006, 08:24 PM

I have six words for you:

Jamar Fletcher, Yatil Green, Lamar Smith.

:lol:

TarHeelFinFan
04-26-2006, 08:29 PM
If we trade down it won't be until we're on the clock and we decide there simply aren't any value players that fulfill team needs at our spot.

TarHeelFinFan
04-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Why was this thread moved? It's about the Miami Dolphins and it was a welcome respite from all the Ricky-lovers' complaining.

newlownorder
04-26-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm kinda confused of why you think you would be the only one to see us trading down in the draft. We have a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 3 7th round picks. Anyone who doesn't see us trading down is crazy.

phinMikeDC
04-26-2006, 08:41 PM
I have six words for you:

Jamar Fletcher, Yatil Green, Lamar Smith.

You must mean Sammy Smith...We didn't draft Lamar. Those three all had potential when they were picked. Ronnie Brown could get injured and end his career this preseason, and we would all be talking about him in 10 years and what a bust he was.

Please don't let that happen, of course.

Anyway, I really hope we find a partner to trade down with and pick up an extra third or 4th.

RHoffman
04-26-2006, 09:00 PM
that unless a suprise player is there at 16...that we won't try...
but I also think the trade has to match the draft value chart for Saban to consider it. I can't see him taking a lesser deal.

If I had to make a guess...I think a lot of time will come off that 15 minute clock...unless a guy like Huff inexplicably slips...

I am not as convinced as some are that trade partners will be so hard to find...I just think that it still has to be the right deal...which is the difficult part. If you deal down to say 27 with the Panthers...well then you should be pretty sure that a player you still want will be there. We are assuming that the players that go at that range are ones that Saban is interested in.

For example, I would like to target Nick Mangold around 27...or maybe like Josepth or Marshall...but if they aren't there and the staff is enamored with any one else...suddenly you are probably desperate to move down again.

RHoffman
04-26-2006, 09:01 PM
that we will try to trade down.