PDA

View Full Version : For those against the War with Iraq, a question...

PhinPhan1227
03-12-2003, 06:09 PM
...if the US gets the nine votes needed to get a new resolution giving Iraq ANOTHER deadline, and France or Russia veto that resolution, would that be enough to satisfy you that the UN was with us, but France and Russia's interests in Iraq prevent any effective UN action? The Permanent Member veto serves only to insure that UN actions don't infringe on the interests of the Permanent Members. By using their veto, those countries would be showing their hands in my opinion, and I wanted to get your views on the matter.

LeftCoastPhin
03-12-2003, 06:12 PM
France should go sit at the kiddie table. How can anyone give a crap what France thinks is beyond me. Second rate country with a 3rd rate power. Ungrateful bastards. I almost, ALMOST hope they get attacked by terrorists.

PhinPhan1227
03-12-2003, 06:17 PM
The way the UN is structured, if we're going to care about UN edicts, we have to care about what France thinks. Of course, if France is up to it's neck with Iraq, and would do just about anything to keep Saddam in power, it will be impossible to ever get that edict passed.

LeftCoastPhin
03-12-2003, 06:29 PM
I forgot to mention that I dont care about the UN. The UN is a total joke.

PhinPhan1227
03-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Agreed...it had potential, but it's fundamentaly flawed.

t2thejz
03-12-2003, 06:40 PM
the un is a joke but it could be fixed

iceblizzard69
03-12-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
France should go sit at the kiddie table. How can anyone give a crap what France thinks is beyond me. Second rate country with a 3rd rate power. Ungrateful bastards. I almost, ALMOST hope they get attacked by terrorists.

I don't like France either, but that is very harsh. You want to see innocent French people die? Thats really mean man.

t2thejz
03-12-2003, 06:59 PM
he said ALMOST

LeftCoastPhin
03-12-2003, 07:10 PM
Uh, dude, I even bolded ALMOST. But that would wake their punk a$$es up, but lives lost aren't worth it, obviously.

iceblizzard69
03-12-2003, 07:50 PM
Uh, dude, I even bolded ALMOST. But that would wake their punk a$$es up, but lives lost aren't worth it, obviously.

It would, you are right about that.

Miafan
03-12-2003, 09:39 PM
We're going in there, with or without UN approval. If we dont get the UN approval, then my guess would be that the U.S. would end up leaving. And without the U.S. (which provides more troops and money than any other nation), the UN will not last very long.

WharfRat
03-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Miafan
We're going in there, with or without UN approval. If we dont get the UN approval, then my guess would be that the U.S. would end up leaving. And without the U.S. (which provides more troops and money than any other nation), the UN will not last very long.

Nor would they have a place to call home... why keep the UN in NYC, if we're not a part of it?

t2thejz
03-12-2003, 10:37 PM
i doubt we will leave even if we dont get there improval

iceblizzard69
03-12-2003, 10:42 PM
This is ridiculous. The talk of leaving the UN is just crazy. It will never happen, we won't have any allies if it happens, all it will do is alienate the world. This talk is stupid, we may not get what we want from the UN but we will NEVER leave the UN.

t2thejz
03-12-2003, 10:43 PM
i wouldnt say never but we wont anytime in the near future

PhinPhan1227
03-13-2003, 11:02 AM

I doubt it, the French only dislike everyone else SLIGHTLY more than they dislike each other.:lol: