UltraDol-Fan
04-27-2006, 02:37 PM
woah, that is super lame

tucker
04-27-2006, 02:47 PM
lol

mor911
04-27-2006, 02:55 PM
That's gotta be one of the dumbest things they've done yet....

Please hold, very soon a hardcore Nintendo fan will enter the thread and defends it's new name to the death and somewhere in the mix they'll talk about innovation.

Motion
04-27-2006, 02:59 PM
That's gotta be one of the dumbest things they've done yet....

Please hold, very soon a hardcore Nintendo fan will enter the thread and defends it's new name to the death and somewhere in the mix they'll talk about innovation.

:yes: :lol:

UltraDol-Fan
04-27-2006, 03:34 PM
so when I get one you guys don't want to come over and play with my Wii?

Motion
04-27-2006, 03:47 PM
How do you even say that?

we? Y?

Miami 13
04-27-2006, 03:52 PM
It's pronounced Nintendo Wee. Yep Nintendo fails once again.

mor911
04-27-2006, 03:52 PM
The Article says "We" (I guess like WE as in US or Together)... Maybe it's Japanese for something... Either way... It's goddamn stupid.

IMO of course.

byroan
04-27-2006, 03:54 PM
:rofl:

I was a Nintendo fan through the N64. After that, it really got lame.

"Yo man, I got the We and 4 controllers, wanna come over and play?"

Phins28
04-27-2006, 04:11 PM
First the stupid controller and now the stupid name Wii :sidelol:, Nintendo it's going down.

UltraDol-Fan
04-27-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm still going to get one. No matter how lame the name sounds now I'm sure I'll get used to it. 360 is a stupid name and now I don't even notice...I'll probably end up still calling it the Revolution.

mor911
04-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm still going to get one. No matter how lame the name sounds now I'm sure I'll get used to it. 360 is a stupid name and now I don't even notice...I'll probably end up still calling it the Revolution.
While I always thought that Xenon was a much better name than the 360, I'd hardly compare that to the Wii. My god what have they done?

Mike13
04-27-2006, 04:48 PM
They must have gotten some of Ricky's stash when they thought that up, what a godawful name, the Revolution was a cooler sounding name.

nevadadolfan
04-27-2006, 05:14 PM
They must have gotten some of Ricky's stash when they thought that up, what a godawful name, the Revolution was a cooler sounding name.

Amen to that, I want to go work for Nintendo because they got some good smoke out there! Making them think of all kinds of crazy ish!! Playstations got it made they dont have to worry about all this name stuff, they can just slap a new number after the "PS" and their golden! Xbox has just got to know their degree increments and there good as well!

SkapePhin
04-27-2006, 07:19 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/04/136120576_d475482ad2_o-1.jpg

AquaInferno
04-27-2006, 07:53 PM
http://static.flickr.com/54/136120576_d475482ad2_o.jpg

Howard Dean :lol:

I wonder if Nintendo is gonna pretend online gaming doesn't exist on this console too :shakeno: Since it's only the year 2006 and all sports titles are online. If they ignore online gaming again then the Nintendo Wii will come prepackaged with a fork in it, cause it's done.

Link
04-27-2006, 08:22 PM
I am mad. I love Nintendo to death, but this is idiotic. I am sending them an email and giving them a piece of my mind. I wanted a "REVOLUTION"!

Medieval954
04-27-2006, 08:31 PM
My intial reaction = "Huh? How are you even supposed to pronounce that?"

Me after an hour = "Still sounds silly. 'Revolution' sounded a whole lot better"

Me now = "Oh well, I'm still getting one launch day :D "

The name does sound rather bland and childish at first, especially since we've been calling it the "Revolution" for almost 2 years. But I thought the same back in 1996 having to play video games on something called a "PlayStation" and in 2001 on something called an "Xbox". Both sounded dumb to me back in the day too. Not to mention "GameBoy" and "GameCube" sounds silly too. Anyway, I'll guess wii'll get used to it.

Riight?

:goof:

Slappy8800
04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
they could call it the box of death and id still buy it

Medieval954
04-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Promo clip of the name introduction on Nintendo's site.

http://revolution.nintendo.com/

Looks like they borrowed a page from Apple's playbook.

Logo looks nice with the two lowercase "i"s definitely influenced by the iPod. Video clip was nice and got its point across on why there is more than one "i". The name though...still gonna take a while to grow on me. Seems like they had the Japanese market more in mind when they decided on this name. Maybe they can call it Wii in Japan and Revolution in North America, kind of like NES and Famicon back in the 80's?

It's a good thing they revealed the name today instead of in 2 weeks at E3 though, or the backlash by the live North American press would've been bad for everyone on stage.

they could call it the box of death and id still buy it

I was hoping it would be Nintendo RS. But, that which let's me play Zelda, gets a purchase from me, no matter what they call it :D

mor911
04-27-2006, 10:57 PM
My intial reaction = "Huh? How are you even supposed to pronounce that?"

Me after an hour = "Still sounds silly. 'Revolution' sounded a whole lot better"

Me now = "Oh well, I'm still getting one launch day :D "

The name does sounds rather bland and childish at first, especially since we've been calling it the "Revolution" for almost 2 years. But I thought the same back in 1996 having to play video games on something called a "PlayStation" and in 2001 on something called an "Xbox". Both sounded dumb to me back in the day too. Not to mention "GameBoy" or "GameCube". Anyway, I'll guess wii'll get used to it.

Riight?

:goof:You mean the Gamecube doesn't sound stupid? :confused: :lol:

Medieval954
04-27-2006, 11:01 PM
You mean the Gamecube doesn't sound stupid? :confused: :lol:

Actually, I meant it does/did sound stupid. I guess I worded it wrong. :lol:

i'll edit it to make it more clear.

Link
04-28-2006, 05:59 AM
I am finally over the initial shock... Anyway, the name is starting to grow on me and its not really that bad... Plus its just a name, the system and games will still own.

TheAnswer385
04-28-2006, 07:45 AM
I am finally over the initial shock... Anyway, the name is starting to grow on me and its not really that bad... Plus its just a name, the system and games will still own.:rolleyes2 :tongue:

Samphin
04-28-2006, 06:46 PM
What a monumental brainfart. Seriously? Did I wake up and it was April Fool's again today? Wow. I am sorry, but that is horrid. I am, or at one time was a proud owner of NES, SNES, N64, GC, and GB, but this is awful?

What happens if you link two of them up together? Does that make it a WiiWii? Revolution was fine. Heck, here in America (where the country was founded due to a HUGE revolution) the marketing would have sold itself.

Opening TV ad:

Fade in from black to a CGI of Link looking forboding with hellish type background visuals. As it pans back, viewer's will be able to see tie richness of the graphics, the blazing flames that look so real that people will get hot. Have it pan out slowly, then a quick zoom to Link's eyes. Then, have it fade to black while the hollowed out version of the Beatles classic "Revolution," plays. Have it play the opening line hwile it fades out. "So you say you want a revolutiooooon."

Once it fades to black, have text that comes up that simply says, "Join the Revolution" followed by the release date.

Heck, you can similar type ads for Mario, Metroid and other Nintendo exclusives. It isn't that hard. Print ads are more of the same. Take hero shot of your character with a simple, "join the revolution" and the date of the release.

As you get closer to the actual release date, naturally you want to show more footage and actual gameplay footage to help peak the interest, but you get my point. No one is going to take any game seriously, no matter how dark the subject matter if it is followed by, "Only on Wii."

Just my two cents.

nevadadolfan
04-28-2006, 09:18 PM
What a monumental brainfart. Seriously? Did I wake up and it was April Fool's again today? Wow. I am sorry, but that is horrid. I am, or at one time was a proud owner of NES, SNES, N64, GC, and GB, but this is awful?

What happens if you link two of them up together? Does that make it a WiiWii? Revolution was fine. Heck, here in America (where the country was founded due to a HUGE revolution) the marketing would have sold itself.

Opening TV ad:

Fade in from black to a CGI of Link looking forboding with hellish type background visuals. As it pans back, viewer's will be able to see tie richness of the graphics, the blazing flames that look so real that people will get hot. Have it pan out slowly, then a quick zoom to Link's eyes. Then, have it fade to black while the hollowed out version of the Beatles classic "Revolution," plays. Have it play the opening line hwile it fades out. "So you say you want a revolutiooooon."

Once it fades to black, have text that comes up that simply says, "Join the Revolution" followed by the release date.

Heck, you can similar type ads for Mario, Metroid and other Nintendo exclusives. It isn't that hard. Print ads are more of the same. Take hero shot of your character with a simple, "join the revolution" and the date of the release.

As you get closer to the actual release date, naturally you want to show more footage and actual gameplay footage to help peak the interest, but you get my point. No one is going to take any game seriously, no matter how dark the subject matter if it is followed by, "Only on Wii."

Just my two cents.

:sidelol:
Count me OUT for the "WiiWii" session!

Majpain
04-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Stupidest name for a game syestem.Revolution was the best fit since they are going for gameplay over graphics and changing how you play video games.Wii=suckage.

Thank god Nintendo is dieing.I will own my first sony syestem soon :)

VanDolPhan
04-29-2006, 05:02 AM
So if you buy 2 do you say you have a "Wii Wii"?

That's just sad naming.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-29-2006, 09:01 AM
how can a company that made console video games what they are today fail to realize how stupid this name is? they must think they're invincible...

Samphin
04-29-2006, 11:42 AM
So if you buy 2 do you say you have a "Wii Wii"?

That's just sad naming.

You stole my joke. :fire: I said ti first read my post! :mad:

:sidelol: :goof:

UltraDol-Fan
05-01-2006, 02:48 PM
this is pretty funny

http://dontfearthewiiper.ytmnd.com/