PDA

View Full Version : heard a rumor from carolina

Wallace758
04-29-2006, 12:50 AM
our 1st for their 1st 27th and 2nd 58 i believe..just a rumor right now...heard it from a espn message board..

Roman529
04-29-2006, 12:53 AM
That would not be bad since we could likely get Mangold but the #58th pick is kind of late in the 2nd. :rolleyes:

Wallace758
04-29-2006, 12:55 AM
yea its just a rumor..just thought i'd share it...but it could work

Agent51
04-29-2006, 12:56 AM
That would not be bad since we could likely get Mangold but the #58th pick is kind of late in the 2nd. :rolleyes:

But it's still a second rounder, lol, it's better than the nonexistant one we currently have.

I wouldn't mind Tye Hill or Donte Whitner if we drop that far back in round 1

Wallace758
04-29-2006, 12:59 AM
its tough we pick 16th and they pick 27th and it actually works under the draft value chart...i would love to get a 2nd round pick...maybe this deal happens...who knows..

Agent51
04-29-2006, 01:04 AM
its tough we pick 16th and they pick 27th and it actually works under the draft value chart...i would love to get a 2nd round pick...maybe this deal happens...who knows..

I'd actually prefer this deal to picking at 16 and not at all in round 2. If you think about it the CB position is pretty deep in this draft, and I should hope that is the position we are looking at at 16 since that seemed to give us the most problens last year, and now Madison is gone so that's another hole to fill. We can still get a great corner at 27, and for CHEAPER than if we sign one at 16, and I actually prefer a guy like Tye Hill over a guy like Jimmy Williams. We'd get a cheaper DB (assuming that's the way we go in round 1) AND a 2nd round pick out of this deal, if it were to happen

Roman529
04-29-2006, 01:05 AM
I am sure Nick will be working the phones to see if we can trade down and try to get 2 picks for our 1....I think it depends on who gets taken #1-#15. If a great player drops to us I think we take him...if not then trade down.

Roman529
04-29-2006, 01:06 AM
I'd actually prefer this deal to picking at 16 and not at all in round 2. If you think about it the CB position is pretty deep in this draft, and I should hope that is the position we are looking at at 16 since that seemed to give us the most problens last year, and now Madison is gone so that's another hole to fill. We can still get a great corner at 27, and for CHEAPER than if we sign one at 16, and I actually prefer a guy like Tye Hill over a guy like Jimmy Williams. We'd get a cheaper DB (assuming that's the way we go in round 1) AND a 2nd round pick out of this deal, if it were to happen

You gonna have to get up at 6 am to see the draft in Hawaii huh? :lol:

PhinFan0202
04-29-2006, 01:11 AM
I would be down for that trade. Pick up someone like Manny Lawson in the 1st and get a DB in the 2nd. Works for me.

Agent51
04-29-2006, 01:11 AM
You gonna have to get up at 6 am to see the draft in Hawaii huh? :lol:

Yep, and it doesn't bother me one bit, lol. I took tonight off work just so I'd be nice and fresh for tomorrow, lol. If I had worked I probably wouldn't get home til draft time, lol. Club closes at 4am, then there's like an hour-ish to clean up and cash out, then I've got a 25-30minute drive home (20 if I speed, lol). I'd be up for the begining but probably fall asleep from exhaustion before Miami picks. I've gotta see the entire draft, from begining to end, it's a ritual.

PhinFan0202
04-29-2006, 01:13 AM
Yep, and it doesn't bother me one bit, lol. I took tonight off work just so I'd be nice and fresh for tomorrow, lol. If I had worked I probably wouldn't get home til draft time, lol. Club closes at 4am, then there's like an hour-ish to clean up and cash out, then I've got a 25-30minute drive home (20 if I speed, lol). I'd be up for the begining but probably fall asleep from exhaustion before Miami picks. I've gotta see the entire draft, from begining to end, it's a ritual.

That's a true dolfan taking of work to support his team.

Fresh
04-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Sinorice!

Agent51
04-29-2006, 01:30 AM
That's a true dolfan taking of work to support his team.

Yea, I just gave up like $700-$1,000 in tips :lol:

Motion
04-29-2006, 01:31 AM
Mangold and Simpson please

Agent51
04-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Mangold and Simpson please

Simpson as in Ko? That would be a sweet set of picks too.

SR 7
04-29-2006, 02:52 AM

dude MANGOLD IS NOT OUR TYPE OF C!!!!! why do pll keep bringing it up!!! he is a zone scheme C not ours!

Coral Reefer
04-29-2006, 02:56 AM
dude MANGOLD IS NOT OUR TYPE OF C!!!!! why do pll keep bringing it up!!! he is a zone scheme C not ours!

You've got to be kidding me with this! :lol: :shakeno:

Scheme lineman..... Classic!

SR 7
04-29-2006, 03:01 AM
You've got to be kidding me with this! :lol: :shakeno:

Scheme lineman..... Classic!

your laughing and shaking yoru head when you are wrong? how dumb does that make you look. he is NOT our type of CENTER. go ask ANY expert. he is the perfect C for the type of off line scheme the BRONCOS RUN! we dont run teh same type of line. Go ask boomer or anyoen taht has knowledge. He isn't our type of C but a ZONE center. we are NOT zone bro.

Coral Reefer
04-29-2006, 03:08 AM
your laughing and shaking yoru head when you are wrong? how dumb does that make you look. he is NOT our type of CENTER. go ask ANY expert. he is the perfect C for the type of off line scheme the BRONCOS RUN! we dont run teh same type of line. Go ask boomer or anyoen taht has knowledge. He isn't our type of C but a ZONE center. we are NOT zone bro.

I'm sorry I didn't no we don run teh saym line

I''ll ask anyoen taht has the know.

Lineman aren't the same as QB's.
You can sit and talk all day about QB's and what schemes their talents may limit them to but not OL.

Mangold is rated by many as the top C prospect having the physical and mental tools to play well in ANY blocking scheme.

Got anything of substance to add?

zodiak
04-29-2006, 03:15 AM
Manny Lawson wont be around at 27

SR 7
04-29-2006, 03:20 AM
I'm sorry I didn't no we don run teh saym line

I''ll ask anyoen taht has the know.

Lineman aren't the same as QB's.
You can sit and talk all day about QB's and what schemes their talents may limit them to but not OL.

Mangold is rated by many as the top C prospect having the physical and mental tools to play well in ANY blocking scheme.

Got anything of substance to add?

i am not the one that came up with this whole he isn't our type of C. I learned from SO MANY ppl not myself. Ask booomer, I'm sure he can clarify this for us.

SR 7
04-29-2006, 03:21 AM
Manny Lawson wont be around at 27
yea 27 and 58 are too alte if u ask me. the good OLB will be gone and Crom/j. williams and such will eb gone

MrClean
04-29-2006, 03:32 AM
i am not the one that came up with this whole he isn't our type of C. I learned from SO MANY ppl not myself. Ask booomer, I'm sure he can clarify this for us.
I've known Boomer for a long time and I seriously doubt that he ever said Nick Mangold would not work for our blocking scheme. He may have said that about Greg Eslinger however.

In the VIP today, he mentioned Nick as a possible pick for us. Here is Boomer quoted from his VIP mock draft in regards to Miami: "16. Miami - Manny Lawson - DE/OLB - NC State
I was VERY inclined to put Jimmy Williams or Demeco Ryans here. Dunno why. Just a feeling in my water. But the Saban quote about Taylor being a Hall of Famer has me. Cromartie has to be really close. And Mangold."

That pretty well squelches any idea that Boomer doesn't think Mangold is a good center choice for us.

SR 7
04-29-2006, 03:48 AM
I've known Boomer for a long time and I seriously doubt that he ever said Nick Mangold would not work for our blocking scheme. He may have said that about Greg Eslinger however.

In the VIP today, he mentioned Nick as a possible pick for us. Here is Boomer quoted from his VIP mock draft in regards to Miami: "16. Miami - Manny Lawson - DE/OLB - NC State
I was VERY inclined to put Jimmy Williams or Demeco Ryans here. Dunno why. Just a feeling in my water. But the Saban quote about Taylor being a Hall of Famer has me. Cromartie has to be really close. And Mangold."

That pretty well squelches any idea that Boomer doesn't think Mangold is a good center choice for us.

oo i guess. thanks for the info

Al13
04-29-2006, 03:51 AM
i really hope that we DON´T pick Mangold, with houck as our OL coach it would be a waste of a pick, IMO

Nick13
04-29-2006, 04:23 AM

forgot about that. makes me want Lawson even more. i'm getting super excited about tomorrow. i just hope i get to see us pick, i've got tickets to see my favorite band tomorrow afternoon!

Motion
04-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Simpson as in Ko? That would be a sweet set of picks too.
Yeah Ko.

Trade down.
1.Mangold
2.Simpson
3.Marshall
4.Jacobs
7s.BPA for the rest

:yes:

RUDEbyallMEANS
04-29-2006, 08:57 AM
Manny Lawson won't be around at #16.

t2thejz
04-29-2006, 09:11 AM
That sounds pretty good to me, Id like to see the point system on that though

PhinSoldia
04-29-2006, 09:15 AM
if we trade down i want Sinorice and Darnell Bing

Agent51
04-29-2006, 09:21 AM

How about Sinorice and Ko Simpson or Donte Whitner? I'm not sold on Bing, he's slower than the rest, he misses a lot of plays because he seems to try TOO hard to make a big play instead of just making THE place, he doesn't change directions well and he misreads a lot

Dolfan1000
04-29-2006, 09:43 AM

I am pretty sure you are thinking of Greg Eslinger out of Minnesota.

Dolfan4life!
04-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Manny Lawson won't be around at #16.
I would think that there's a very good possibility that he'll still be there at #16, but if he isn't then someone like Ngata or Wimbley would be there, and they aren't such bad options either.

Muck
04-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Using the draft value chart:

#16 = 1000 points
#27 + #58 = 1000 points

Perfect trade. And one I'd like to do.

GCD960
04-29-2006, 10:59 AM
We have to get used to trading at that number anyways.

Motion
04-29-2006, 11:20 AM

Ugh, I hope not.