PDA

View Full Version : Our 1st pick

PhinFan84
04-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Does anybody else want a speedy explosive wide receiver like Chad Jackson, Moss, or Holmes. I hope we pick a player like this to play opposite chambers. We have addressed a lot of issues in the offseason including db and o-line, im not saying that we dont need more help in those areas but I want us to draft a specialty player that can give daunte another great option........anyone else?

PCHD
04-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Does anybody else want a speedy explosive wide receiver like Chad Jackson, Moss, or Holmes. I hope we pick a player like this to play opposite chambers. We have addressed a lot of issues in the offseason including db and o-line, im not saying that we dont need more help in those areas but I want us to draft a specialty player that can give daunte another great option........anyone else?I am hoping for a D.T.

LtDan
04-29-2006, 12:48 PM
I want Holmes!!!!!

PhinFan84
04-29-2006, 12:51 PM
yeah i agree with that but i dont know if there is a DT that would be a real game changer except for maybe the kid from fsu.....i think we can pick up a DT later in the draft maybe in the third round.....i just want whats best available and i see a lot of depth at the WR spot.

Agent51
04-29-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm hoping for a trade down, to get a later 1st rounder and a second rounder, then I wanna take a DB with our (now later) 1st rounder, and THEN we could grab a WR in the second if we are to go that route. Maybe Derek Hagan from Arizona State, or Sinorice Moss if he happens to still be there, I doubt Holmes or Jackson would fall that far (to the second)

Nick13
04-29-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm hoping for a trade down, to get a later 1st rounder and a second rounder, then I wanna take a DB with our (now later) 1st rounder, and THEN we could grab a WR in the second if we are to go that route. Maybe Derek Hagan from Arizona State, or Sinorice Moss if he happens to still be there, I doubt Holmes or Jackson would fall that far (to the second)

Hagan is a reach in the 2nd. he's a third rounder most likely. and i wouldnt want to take a WR earlier than the 3rd round anyway.

Agent51
04-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Hagan is a reach in the 2nd. he's a third rounder most likely. and i wouldnt want to take a WR earlier than the 3rd round anyway.

Even better, we can go DB in round 1 the WR in round 3, assuming we don't trade down and grab a 2nd rounder in the process.

hestar
04-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Does anybody else want a speedy explosive wide receiver like Chad Jackson, Moss, or Holmes. I hope we pick a player like this to play opposite chambers. We have addressed a lot of issues in the offseason including db and o-line, im not saying that we dont need more help in those areas but I want us to draft a specialty player that can give daunte another great option........anyone else?

I second that..I've got 5 players I would love to see in a fins uniform (holmes,lawson,jackson,whitner,cromatire)...Unless a really good player slips :D

icephinfan
04-29-2006, 01:13 PM
WR-Santonio Holmes Ohio St. at #16:yes:

Dolphan23
04-29-2006, 01:14 PM
I'd like to have a DT that can become stationary for the 3-4 scheme. That'd be nice...also to have another DE in the mix would be nice too...but I'd also like to have a DB....(scratching head) dont know how to make up my mind on this :)

jason8er
04-29-2006, 01:16 PM
I second that..I've got 5 players I would love to see in a fins uniform (holmes,lawson,jackson,whitner,cromatire)...Unless a really good player slips :D
I saw a highlight video of Lawson and he looked like JT on speed. I was leaning WR until then.

PCHD
04-29-2006, 01:17 PM
If the two Q.B.'s stay's on the board our chance's improve to make a trade for our pick. I do believe somebody going to want one by our pick

jason8er
04-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I'd like to have a DT that can become stationary for the 3-4 scheme. That'd be nice...also to have another DE in the mix would be nice too...but I'd also like to have a DB....(scratching head) dont know how to make up my mind on this :)
It's like choosing door number 4 isn't it? :lol:

FinFan72
04-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Look at my sig nuff said:wink:

PhinFan84
04-29-2006, 01:34 PM
only 5 more picks till its our turn and these great players still available:

1)Chad Jackson WR
2) Santonio Holmes WR
3) Bunkley DT
4) Antonio Comartie CB
5) Jay Cutler QB (not that we really need him)
6) Wimbley DE

BSQX4
04-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Ngata could be sitting there when we pick. He'd be tough to pass on if he falls to #16.

Calvin Clean
04-29-2006, 01:53 PM
We need Chad Jackson!!

PhinFan84
04-29-2006, 02:11 PM
well Ngata and Wimbley are both gone.....so i hope we make the right choice because chad jackson is nasty and will be great in our offense

zephon
04-29-2006, 02:12 PM
I still think Saban will suprise and take Bing (IF...IF..we don't trade down). Pesonally, I like Wimberley (who likely won't be around) or Lawson but I can't help but think Saban is in love with the size/speed ratio Bing has. And late draft rumors have had Bing moving up.

All that said...If Allen's medical checked out well I could certainly see Jason as the pick. I just have my doubts about Saban taking a WR in the 1st round (but of course could be wrong.

Csonka39
04-29-2006, 02:20 PM
1st trade down with Pittsburgh we need a center pitt wants Alston if hes still there
Nick Mangold or Santonio Holmes we pick up pitts 3 rd and a 5th

ADDICTED-19
04-29-2006, 02:21 PM
bunkley or dangelo williams