PDA

View Full Version : Newest Miami Dolphin

Aqua4Ever04
04-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Jason Allen it is. How do you guys feel about this selection?

culpepper#8
04-29-2006, 02:41 PM
it might have been better but allen is alsome

Marino13fanboy1
04-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Allen, when healthy is a top 10 pick......and probably the safest thing out there. He should start day 1 at FS.

mia4ever
04-29-2006, 02:46 PM
wE HAVE OUR NEW SAFETY

HysterikiLL
04-29-2006, 02:47 PM
I'll be honest. I'm pissed. I would've much rathered Jimmy Williams or Cromartie at safety. I would've much rathered Greenway or Carpenter or Lawson in the core.

jcaponio
04-29-2006, 02:48 PM
I'll be honest. I'm pissed. I would've much rathered Jimmy Williams or Cromartie at safety. I would've much rathered Greenway or Carpenter or Lawson in the core.

Williams and Cromartie arent safeties. Good thing you arent out GM....

HysterikiLL
04-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Williams and Cromartie arent safeties. Good thing you arent out GM....

They both have the size to play safety. Williams has played safety before.

TarHeelFinFan
Not a great pick. Hopefully he turns out to be a beast.

sixzero

That doesn't matter. What matters is we got our guy and starter next year! Is there anything we can do to get a 2nd?

Tigers2003
04-29-2006, 02:51 PM
I like it. A dream draft would have been to get Huff who is the best safety in the draft. He just did not drop and we did not have enough amo to trade up. But this is a nice second best. Greenway is going to be a good LB but Safety was a higher need.

dob72
04-29-2006, 02:54 PM
i dunno i guess he knows something we ndon't

miamiron
That doesn't matter. What matters is we got our guy and starter next year! Is there anything we can do to get a 2nd?

NO CHANCE NOW

MiamiRon

Spiff
I like it. A dream draft would have been to get Huff who is the best safety in the draft. He just did not drop and we did not have enough amo to trade up. But this is a nice second best. Greenway is going to be a good LB but Safety was a higher need.
Saban however does not draft for need but Best Player Available

NYinBostonFin
I'm not in love with the pick, but I don't hate it either.

I wanted Greenway.

Aqua4Ever04
Not a great pick. Hopefully he turns out to be a beast.

How can you say that's not a good pick? We filled our biggest hole and hasn't Nick already had a good draft history? I don't see how you guys can complain before the guy even steps on the field.

neuce
04-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Well we all could have been more excited about a number of players but Saben is the coach and obviously knows a lot more about the NFL and these players than any of us on this chatboard.

I trust Saban's pick. I'm mainly just dissappointed that we couldn't trade down and get more pics.

Sucks to be done for the day with so many good players out there. Allen sounds like a great pic.

BennyVW
04-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Good pick!!!!!

Dors156
04-29-2006, 02:59 PM
god i hope we trade down and get a 2nd.i absolutelty hate the pic

Ludacris
04-29-2006, 03:04 PM
love the pick!

Aqua4Ever04
04-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Sucks to be done for the day with so many good players out there.

Hey we still have a 3rd. But I do agree, this is a draft where you would love to have a lot of draft choices early. I am a little dissapointed we didn't get a deal done to recieve another first day pick. Nonetheless, I am happy with our selection and can't wait to see Jason get on the field.

Our secondary now looks a lot better and more clear
CB- Will Allen
CB- Will Poole or Travis Daniels (loser being the nickle
FS- Renaldo Hill
SS- Jason Allen

We also have tons of depth:
Backup CBs- Andre Goodman, Daniels/ Poole
Safety- Tavares Tillman, Deke Cooper Yerimiah Bell

Our 2 biggest weaknesses heading into the offseason look a whole lot better at quarterback and in the secondary.

nighttrain76
04-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey we still have a 3rd. But I do agree, this is a draft where you would love to have a lot of draft choices early. I am a little dissapointed we didn't get a deal done to recieve another first day pick. Nonetheless, I am happy with our selection and can't wait to see Jason get on the field.

CB- Will Allen
FS- Renaldo Hill
SS- Jason Allen

Our 2 biggest weaknesses heading into the offseason look a whole lot better at quarterback and in the secondary.

Great Post!!!! I feel the same way!!!!

trainwreck
04-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Not a bad pick, I'm not gonna second guess Saban...
Hope we go either DT, LB or Wr with our next pick...
It will be a little bit of a wait...

Dolphan23
04-29-2006, 03:12 PM
I bet you guys were thinkin the same thing when we drafted Travis Daniels...the doubters that is....give the guy a chance....lets see what happens this year...we addressed the problem that was needed the most.

Dolfan32323

CB- Will Allen
FS- Renaldo Hill
SS- Jason Allen

Plus we signed a few O-linemen this offseason

trainwreck

CB- Will Allen
FS- Renaldo Hill
SS- Jason Allen

Yep, our secondary is lookin' sweeeeeet..

Dolfan4life!
04-29-2006, 03:15 PM
I like the pick. Some will feel that it was a reach to take him at 16 and his name wasn't floating around with the likes of Winston Justice and Chad Greenway but that is only because he got injured during the season and missed the last 6 games. He would have been top 10 (easily) if not for the injury and I'm sure our staff has made sure he's fully recovered. He wasn't much of a reach even with the injury concerns anyways, he wouldn't have gotten past Dallas picking two spots behind us.

Dolphan23
04-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Just got this article off of the Herald..

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14461575.htm

trainwreck
04-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Just got this article off of the Herald..

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14461575.htm

Nice work 23... looks like Nick did his homework.:D

Roman529
04-29-2006, 03:44 PM
He wasn't my first pick but we now have the Allen and Allen show in the defensive backfield.