PDA

View Full Version : Which TEams is having the best draft?

Majpain
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
My vote goes to Denver,Pats and Packers so far.

Crowder52
04-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Unfortunately, New England and the Jets so far.

LtDan
04-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Jets are gonna have a nasty O-line!!

Roman529
04-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Yep, Jets drafted two starters on the 0-line...too bad they don't have a QB.
:lol:

Pats, and Broncos have done well.

TotoreMexico
04-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Yep, Jets drafted two starters on the 0-line...too bad they don't have a QB.
:lol:

:sidelol: Yeah I feel bad for them...

Nahhhhh, not really

Rick 1966
04-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Broncos.

CanadianFish
04-29-2006, 05:53 PM
I hate saying this but Jets Arizona then the pats....

Marino13fanboy1
04-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Jets still need a healthy Pennington and Curtis Martin is 100 yrs. old, so we'll see what the line does for them THIS year........but they are 2 good anchors for the future.

Just think if the Jets got Winston Justice in the 2nd round.

InSabanWeTrust1
04-29-2006, 06:09 PM
if u count walker trade, broncos, jets(but are the same b/c they replaced guys the lost in fa), pats(future replacement for dillon and replacement for givens), and packers

Regan21286
04-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Arizona has a good thing going for them. Adding Leinart, a possible Tom-Brady QB, with his fellow USC lineman, Lutui, who's a great run-blocker. Unfortunately, the Jets and Pats have a better draft day than us so far.

Roman529
04-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Arizona has a good thing going for them. Adding Leinart, a possible Tom-Brady QB, with his fellow USC lineman, Lutui, who's a great run-blocker. Unfortunately, the Jets and Pats have a better draft day than us so far.

The day aint over yet. :tantrum:

DolfanDaveInATX
04-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Denver
Arizona
Green Bay
San Francisco
New England

finfan75
04-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Packers got rid of disgruntled Walker for a 2nd round pick and sent that pick to the falcons for 3 picks. A 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. That is great on their part. We may have gotten something like that for Ricky.

fastball83
04-29-2006, 06:23 PM
agree it's not good for us but jets and pats do good things today

Der Philth
04-29-2006, 06:31 PM
How about Philly getting Bunkley and Justice.

King Felix
04-29-2006, 06:33 PM
jets pats broncos packers 49ers and cards

Huscroft6
04-29-2006, 06:36 PM
NE unfortunately has some big times weapons/gamebreakers. You talk about Brady, Maroney, Watson, Branch and Jackson. Let alone anything from Dillon will be a plus. Hate to admit it, but they and the Jets did very well. Also Philly did well. Just sucks not having many picks. Yes I know we got Daunte and Wright for some picks but still, sucks on draft day when the other teams are getting help like they have.

Toneboy
04-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Definitely not Buffalo. :lol:

orlandodolphin
04-29-2006, 06:53 PM
how bout the titans, white and young, thats not bad

J Tes
04-29-2006, 06:59 PM
if u count walker trade, broncos, jets(but are the same b/c they replaced guys the lost in fa), pats(future replacement for dillon and replacement for givens), and packers
If you're going to count trades you have to include Culpepper.

Miamifin23
04-29-2006, 07:03 PM
New England, Arizona, Jets, and the 49ers have made some very nice moves. Hate to say it, but New England getting Jackson in the 2nd was an absolute steal.

PhinstiGator
04-29-2006, 07:05 PM
So far the Phins are having a very good draft...

1) Jason Allen, DB / versitile, hard hitting, excellent size with long arms, good speed, strong character...fills a real position of Need for the Dolphins.

2) Daunte Culpepper, QB / proven pro-bowl talent with leadership and serious athletic skills. Recovery from major injury is only thing that knocked him to the second round.

3)

4)

5) Manuel Wright, DT / Great size and quickness off the snap. Came out early w/ some work ethic questions and academic failure. Has the raw materials to be an effective force on the line.

6) Cleo Lemon, QB / Backup QB with athletic talent. Developmental prospect with a good upside.

7)

7)

7)

orlandodolphin
04-29-2006, 07:07 PM
jackson=overrated. Enough said. Wouldn't be a 4th rounder if there actually some good WRs in the draft this year. He wasn't even popular until he ran a good 40. Im kind of sick of people calling jackson a steal, i know we have some bias gators fans here.

ih8brady
04-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Denver
San Fran
NE
San Diego
Jets(mainly b/c of D'Brick but Mangold is impressive. Clemens Clemens? lol)

I think tennessee is heading in the wrong direction, two high picks on players I think are overrated. JMO, call it woman's intuition.

unifiedtheory
04-29-2006, 07:16 PM
The Jets are having a great day. They have picked the two most important offensive line positions and set themselves up in those spots for the next decade. Clemens is a good developmental Q.B.

I REALLY like what the Cardinals have done so far as well...

The Bills are having a bad day....and I truly weap for them...:lol:

unifiedtheory
04-29-2006, 07:17 PM
I think the Titans are having a bad day as well. Drafting Vince Young was a brutal move.

ih8brady
04-29-2006, 07:18 PM
I think the Titans are having a bad day as well. Drafting Vince Young was a brutal move.

I'm not alone.:wink:

Dolfan4life!
04-29-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm not alone.:wink:
Not by a long shot.

Aqua4Ever04
04-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Good thing we dominated free agency! :)

nepaica
04-29-2006, 07:37 PM
My vote goes to Denver,Pats and Packers so far.

Dolphins:

1. Allen
2. Culpepper

Dolfan4life!
04-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Carolina seems to have some pretty good players slide right to them so far in need areas, especially as late as their drafting:
1. Deangelo Williams, RB
2. Richard Marshall, CB

nolefin
04-29-2006, 07:47 PM
49ers-vernon davis, manny lawson

Coral Reefer
04-29-2006, 08:03 PM
San Diego

and

Pitt.

Pitt moved up an nabbed an immediate impact player.
Holmes will make them even more dangerous.
No way should they have been able to land a player of that caliber picking dead last rd. 1. They moved up and made it happen.

Paul 13
04-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah, not Buffalo is right, wow are they all over the place... nothing against Whitner either, he's a solid player, just not at 8!

Gotta throw in the Saints getting Bush, and replacing their C with Faine. They've had a nice draft...

Huffer
04-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Houston is looking nice after the 2 olinemen they just picked up. Of course after passing on Bush...... well I guess that's debatable.

PSU Cane
04-29-2006, 08:24 PM
I agree. Houston just picked up 2 solid OLinemen in Spencer and Winston to go with Mario Williams and Ryans (1st round grade in top of round 2). Their draft has been solid, althought not picking Bush will come back to haunt them.

PSU Cane
04-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Green Bay is having a great draft too thus far. After getting Hawk, a tackling machine, they just got Abdul Hodge, another tackling machine. Both guys are also from cold weather, hard-nosed programs and should fit in nice up there in Lambeau. Add to them Daryn Colledge at OT and Jennings at WR, the Pack is looking nice.

gator_sensation
04-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Texans and Jets are having a great draft day one.

Huffer
04-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Green Bay is having a great draft too thus far. After getting Hawk, a tackling machine, they just got Abdul Hodge, another tackling machine. Both guys are also from cold weather, hard-nosed programs and should fit in nice up there in Lambeau. Add to them Daryn Colledge at OT and Jennings at WR, the Pack is looking nice.

Agreed. The LB's they aquired in this draft should give them a solid defensive core to build a top 10 defense on.

gator_sensation
04-29-2006, 08:44 PM

The funny thing about Young is that the "experts" are saying its good he is there because of McNair. We all know that McNair won't be their come the start of the season.

SECfootball
04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Philly and Houston

djfresh47
04-29-2006, 10:57 PM
I really like what Carolina and Arizona did. I like LenDale White in the 2nd rd to the Titans but taking Vince Young when right now they've got Billy Volek projected to be their starter does not make sense. I'm guessing Chow/Fisher wanted Leinart but Reese wanted Young. Fisher is a damn good coach but I think this will be his last season with the Titans. Denver made themselves alot better not only for next year but for the future, I think Linehan is having a very good draft in St. Louis. New England is having a great draft but I like Carolina's a little more right now.

Gator Mike
04-30-2006, 12:10 AM
I just looked it up... New England has three of the first 40 picks on Day Two, as well.

AtticusFinz
04-30-2006, 12:11 AM
Denver seems to be pulling off sh1t you only see happen in Madden.

Agent51
04-30-2006, 12:40 AM

Man, Arizona is looking GOOD. They take Leinart, who I'm not sold on, as a stud QB anyway, I'm sure he will be a capable QB who can win games, I just don't know about Pro Bowler. Plus he's reunited with Lutui. They also grabbed Leonard Pope, he's a great TE prospect, so there's another weapon to add to the already impressive lineup of Fitzgerald and Bouldin at WR and James at RB.

I also thinks the Jets have had a great draft (for once, lol). The Pats are't making me very happy with their draft either dammit, they have grabbed three great players. I love (or hate, lol) the Thomas pick. I follow the Longhorns just as religiously as the Dolphins and this kid can play, and he is SO clutch. ALWAYS comes up with the big play or the first down when needed. He had a few big catches in the Rose Bowl (not big as in "long" but big as in importance).

I'm liking our draft a lot. I like Allen, he's a GREAT talent that slipped because of the injury, which appears to be a non-factor now, which is very good. I would have liked to trade down and grabbed him a little later and gotten another pick, but I guess we couldn't find a suitable trade partner, and if Saban was still willing to take him at 16 then he MUST have a great upside. I'm excited for Hagan too, I wanted him in the 3rd (and called that we would take him in the 3rd way back when round 1 was still in prgress) we needed another good WR, to either open up Chambers even more, or to throw to when Chambers is double-covered. I hope Hagan becomes liek Reggie Wayne in Indy, he is brough in to open up Marvin yet he ends up being almost MORE valuable than Marvin, maybe Hagan will break out like that.

The one thing I DISLIKE this draft is our lack of pics. Saban was always very vocal and adamant (sp?) about not trading away picks etc etc and yet we have no 2nd, 5th, or 6th this draft. I don't know WHY we gave SD our 6th with AJ for Lemon. It has yet to be seen whether Wright is worth a 5th rounder, and I DEFINATELY don' like the Culpepper trade. I have said it a bunh before, I'm so sick of another teams trash becoming our treasure. Yeah, Cupepper is different than all the other QBs since Marino in the sense that he has been a Pro Bowler, but I'm not sold. I was never sold on him in Minnesota. Not to mention he was WRETCHED last year, BEFORE going down with a serious season-ending knee injury. If he were brought in to run the team while grooming a new, young QB then I wouldn't mind, but it seems he has been brought in to be our new "QB of the future". Well, for how long, what, 4 or 5 years TOPS, then we have to go through the same old "finding a QB" routine again? I just want a young talent that can sit for a year or two, even three, behind a veteran, and then tak over the team and be our QB for like a decade.

Other than that, great draft so far, lol

Mexican Buc
04-30-2006, 01:41 AM
49ers- IMO, had the best 1st round. Davis and Lawson? Sick picks.

Jets- Totally stuck with fundementals, did a rare thing and drafted smart, and now should have a way better OL that can gell well for years. Max Jean-Gilles (sp?) is still on the board so they may not be done yet. Clemons is a very polished guy and should be starting in a couple of years.

Cards- WOWEE! Idiots on the cardinal forums are complaining and whining when they got the biggest steal in the drat. Matt will be a stud there and he walked into a great situation. Pope will really help him out. And they improved their OL with Duece. Great draft thus far.

Eagles- Some people had the Eagles picking Winston Justice.... well they were right, just a round late. Both their players fell farther then they should've and they can both produce from the get go. Chris Gocong is a lesser known pick but I can't speak of him I've never seen him play.

Texans- Accepting the fact that they just made the biggest mistake in NFL history, they did have a great 1st day. Granted switching Mario for Bush would make it better, but even so it was great. Mario is the best DE (though IMO overpaid), Ryans can come in and start, Eric Winston (who many had penciled in as 1st in the 2nd round) fell beautifully to them in the 3rd along with OT Spencer. They addressed with OT needs, and got two defensive starters that could be top players in the NFL. Still shouldve gotten Bush though.

**Denver- Move up down up down and getting everything in between. I think both their main moves, Cutler and Walker, are for over rated players. But maybe they can work well together and be a great combo. But as of now I think people are making too much of it.

dominizzo
04-30-2006, 03:17 AM
jets patsisies