PDA

View Full Version : Bills=Worst in draft??????

orlandodolphin
04-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Do you consider the bills to have the worst draft so far?

SEAFinFan
04-29-2006, 08:30 PM
It's between the Bills and the Vikings.

Rocky Raccoon
04-29-2006, 08:31 PM
no way. They picked two really good DB's. I don't see what everyone's problem is. Whitner may have been taken early, but he's the player they wanted, he's a stud.

orlandodolphin
04-29-2006, 08:32 PM
not always who you get, but how and when you get it.

Doakle
04-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Well they reached, but the players they picked are still pretty decent. They just could have probably gotten a lot more value if they could have worked some trades, particularly for the 8th pick. They still have a hatful of needs they've completely missed out on helping though.

ih8brady
04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
no way. They picked two really good DB's. I don't see what everyone's problem is. Whitner may have been taken early, but he's the player they wanted, he's a stud.

uh, 1st rounder McCargo was a reach by several rounds.

Rocky Raccoon
04-29-2006, 08:34 PM
uh, 1st rounder McCargo was a reach by several rounds.

yea they had one bad pick...doesn't make them the worst

flsportsfan83
i agree the bills look bad.

Crowder52
I saw Mccargo going in the first in a few mocks.

unifiedtheory
04-29-2006, 08:35 PM
The Bills win worst in show.

Whitner is a damn good player but a reach and they could have had him AND extra picks AND saved money by moving back.

Aqua4Ever04
04-29-2006, 08:36 PM
They got 2 studs in the secondary. I don't necessarily agree with McCargo, but I really wanted Donte Whitner in aqua and orange next year.

CalDolFan10x14
04-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Whitner's a solid player, no doubt; but the Bills definitely took him too early.

PSU Cane
04-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Not really. I heard the Giants were looking at McCargo in the late 1st round and other teams were looking at him early in the 2nd. It was a reach at that point, but i don't think by several rounds. I love Whitner, but they could have traded down if someone wanted to trade up, and still gotten him before Baltimore and Miami.

I think the worst draft so far is Kansas City or the Giants. KC needed DB help and took Hali in the 1st instead of a Joseph, Williams or Kelly Jennings. Then, in the 2nd, they pass on Tim Jennings and Marshall and take Pollard? Ugh. That's why their defense always stinks.

The Giant on the other hand took a guy in round 1 that they can't even play b/c they already have 2 great DEs. Then, the Giants go and trade up for Moss, who they could have taken in round 1. Doesn't make sense.

djfresh47
04-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Youboty in the 3rd was a good value pick but so far they've been terrible. They trade up and reach for McCargo and fail to trade down at 8. Unless they thought that Detroit was gonna take Donte Whitner they should've traded down.

DolfanISS
04-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Well one negative for us is I like what New England has done. They now have a young RB and WR to join Deion Branch (young), Ben Watson (Young and Daniel Graham (Young) and of course Brady. Looks like the Pats have built a good offense for awhile.

HysterikiLL
04-29-2006, 08:42 PM
I actually think they got 3 studs. If they're studs, does it matter where they go? IMO, they should've gone Justice instead of McCargo.

CC Coach
04-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Tampa Bay has taken 2 OL that were both projected later.
Donte Whitner is a stud. They picked him over Ngata, because Ngata didn't play hard all the time. Saban would have jumped all over Whitner.

ih8brady
04-29-2006, 08:44 PM
I actually think they got 3 studs. If they're studs, does it matter where they go? IMO, they should've gone Justice instead of McCargo.

it depends, Ken O'Brien was a pro bowler but him over Marino? no,no I think Whitner has a bright future but thats it.

dlockz
04-30-2006, 01:26 AM
Well if Whitner was a reach at 8, Allen was a reach at 16 coming off from injury. I do not like the Mccargo pick.

AtticusFinz
04-30-2006, 01:28 AM
Bears&Bills

simbaboxer
04-30-2006, 01:30 AM
The Bills feared losing Whitner to the Lions, who didn't get Michael Huff (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2006&id=9281) at No. 9.

I think the Bills had Dave and Rick in their war room....:sidelol:

AtticusFinz
04-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Well if Whitner was a reach at 8, Allen was a reach at 16 coming off from injury. I do not like the Mccargo pick.
Allen wasnt a reach he is at 100% and had overall one of the best combines for a DB..

If the guy didnt dislocate his Hip last year he would have been the #1DB taken in the draft

Majpain
04-30-2006, 01:47 AM
It's between the Bills and the Vikings.

Hardly Vikes had a good draft.I would have to say the skins not very impressed.

HiOctaneBills
04-30-2006, 01:53 AM
McCargo was the next best DT in the draft after Bunkley and Ngata. They had to snag him when they could. I wanted Huff, but Whitner is right beind him. Youboty is a steal. Another note is that they are all juniors, so theres a lot of great potential there. Although it still would've been nice to have Bunkley, Justice and Youboty.

dlockz
04-30-2006, 02:07 AM
Allen wasnt a reach he is at 100% and had overall one of the best combines for a DB..

If the guy didnt dislocate his Hip last year he would have been the #1DB taken in the draft

And if Aj Nicolson had not been accused of rape he would be a second round pick. I'm sure Huff still would have went over Allen. Doing well at the combine tells u very little if he can play safety as well after his injury. Many teams had concerns on Allen as far as recovery. Whitner played lights out this year so if you think Allen should have went ahead of Huff then Whitner is not much of a reach at 8.

didier1121
04-30-2006, 03:06 AM
Ok i have a question what is better for a team drafting 4 players and cutting one before the season begins because he doesnt fit into your system (this assumes you get your top3 picks) or trading away 2 picks to assure you get the three guys you want. Remember you only get 53 players to be on the team.
I dont think that buffalo thought that youboty would drop that far and when he did they couldnt resist him. But the other two picks are the player they wanted they didnt want to risk trading down and losing one of the players (Whitner) and they didnt want to wait and see if the second fell to them (McCargo)

dlockz
04-30-2006, 03:08 AM
Ok i have a question what is better for a team drafting 4 players and cutting one before the season begins because he doesnt fit into your system (this assumes you get your top3 picks) or trading away 2 picks to assure you get the three guys you want. Remember you only get 53 players to be on the team.
I dont think that buffalo thought that youboty would drop that far and when he did they couldnt resist him. But the other two picks are the player they wanted they didnt want to risk trading down and losing one of the players (Whitner) and they didnt want to wait and see if the second fell to them (McCargo)

Bills had a very underrated draft and got players they wanted and a bonus in youboty that makes up for reaching for Mccargo.

rickd13
04-30-2006, 08:13 AM
And if Aj Nicolson had not been accused of rape he would be a second round pick. I'm sure Huff still would have went over Allen. Doing well at the combine tells u very little if he can play safety as well after his injury. Many teams had concerns on Allen as far as recovery. Whitner played lights out this year so if you think Allen should have went ahead of Huff then Whitner is not much of a reach at 8.

So you think you know more about Allen's medical history than Saban and Miami's staff of trainers and doctors? You do not have faith that the sitiuation was looked into thoroughly? Does Saban strike you as the type of guy that would leave anything to chance? The injury is a non factor if the staff and Saban say so. Allen said he is 100% and will be ready to go at minicamp in a couple of weeks. Enough with the injury concerns.

popularwar
04-30-2006, 08:20 AM
McCargo was the next best DT in the draft after Bunkley and Ngata. They had to snag him when they could. I wanted Huff, but Whitner is right beind him. Youboty is a steal. Another note is that they are all juniors, so theres a lot of great potential there. Although it still would've been nice to have Bunkley, Justice and Youboty.
As much as I hate to admit it.... Yuoboty in the third was a steal for you guys. That was a hell of a pick up.
I do think your first two picks were a bit of a reach though, and whitner wasn't even the best DB on the board with the #8 pick. Them being juniors goes both ways, they're younger and might play longer but also lack experience. We'll have to see how it all pans out this season.