PDA

View Full Version : Hagan

InSabanWeTrust1
04-29-2006, 08:58 PM
woot

MustangFinFan
04-29-2006, 08:59 PM
with KO Simpson, Gabe Watson, Orien Harris, Max Jean Gilles.....we decide to take Derek Hagan???

Aqua4Ever04
Great pick! This guy fell for bad reasoning. I watched him play in the Pac-10 and he is going to make us very happy guys!

phinian
Yep that should make all the guys screamin for a wr happy.

SpencerFS
04-29-2006, 09:00 PM
i really like this pick

TotoreMexico
:woot:

PhinsRDbest
with KO Simpson, Gabe Watson, Orien Harris, Max Jean Gilles.....we decide to take Derek Hagan???
Thats what

tartan y fronts
wow. don't think anyone saw this coming

PhinsRDbest
Thats what Im saying man Im so mad I double posted.

HysterikiLL
I'm not going to be selfish and close-minded over the not getting Scott. Hagan is a great pick. I'm happy.

orlandodolphin
04-29-2006, 09:01 PM
im officially pissed at our draft

Aqua
04-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Why draft a WR with questionable hands? Having the 'drops' never goes away

Fresh
WR run coming.......

I wanted Orien Harris, Derek Hagan, or Ko Simpson so I am happy.

Honus Joglund
Beauty pick. NFL.com's profile grades him a 6.4... a very good starter, expected to be a 1st or 2nd rounder.

Saban's done well getting value picks the last two years.

Fresh
04-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Beauty pick. NFL.com's profile grades him a 6.4... a very good starter, expected to be a 1st or 2nd rounder.

Saban's done well getting value picks the last two years.

yes - EVERYBODY had him a top 5 WR; most had him #4 right after Jackson, Holmes, & Moss

Dolphin1184
im officially pissed at our draft

officially? :lol:

Dolfan32323
The commentators on ESPN seem mixed on him. Forget them lol :ally:

finsrule84
I love the Hagan pick

orlandodolphin
What do we need on our team. A WR who drops balls.

ooooooo yeahhhhhhhhhhh

MustangFinFan
04-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Derek Hagan IS a great receiver.....BUT we coulda done better. i think the Javon Walker trade influenced this....if we got Walker, we wouldnt have picked Hagan. We dont need KO Simpson, but still....there is Max Jean Gilles, Orien Harris, and Gabe Watson still available...i really hope we trade one of our picks next year to grab another 3rd rounder...if we can grab Max Jean Gilles, and then Harris or Watson in the 4th.....then Degory in the 7th.....we will be complete.

sfinp
04-29-2006, 09:04 PM
YESS!!!!!! I love this guy. You will all see, he runs very good routes (very shifty) and has ubelievable body control, similar to Chambers. You will all love him!

PhinsTD
04-29-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm not excited about the pick, he's just a guy to me.

He might be able to one day be a younger Marty Booker (today's Booker, not the Pro Bowl Booker)

He does fill a need, however.

Aqua4Ever04
04-29-2006, 09:05 PM

He may drop a few but he set the record for catches in a season for the Pac-10. So he must catch the ball every once in a while. GREAT PICK!

kpcane
04-29-2006, 09:06 PM
I hope we can somehow manage to get Scott in the 4th.

orlandodolphin
04-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Im not pissed off about the actual person as much as the position. I just think we have a lot of position needs, Wr not being one of them.

Dolfan4life!
04-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Great value. Wr's have been undervalued in this draft. Great pick.

SECfootball
STRONG POINTS

Hagan is a big, physical receiver who knows how to use his size to his advantage very well. He jolts and defeats the jam easily and can shield the cornerback from the ball to make the catch with a cornerback on his back consistently. He's a very smooth and fluid receiver who can get in and out of his cuts quickly and can contort his body to adjust and make tough catches seem routine. His hands are outstanding; he can pluck the ball when he needs to, does not drop the easy pass, and makes the catch on the most important plays. He has proven to be a clutch receiver throughout his entire college careeer. His size and strength help him to break tackles and keep his feet despite hard hits while running after the catch.

Did something happen over the past year to make people think he has bad hands?

phinian
Friggin Kiper is blabbing about how his hands are not that good.. Check out the profile on Nfl.com The guy caught 94% of the balls thrown to him.. Nice number 3 reciever... May replace booker after this season.

PALMA
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/hagan_derek

His hands are not the question, it is his explosiveness of the line that is a question.

Dirtywater
04-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Guys,

I may be way off base here, but if Saban runs his ship anything like Belichicks, you won't always take the sexy pick, or the pick that has the commentators excited. But you will take quality guys who perform in the NFL.

I mean Mankins?! Everyone laughed. Guy stepped right in and played great. I think this is a good pick for you guys, and I bet Saban knows something about this guy that made him choose him over the bigger names.

In the end, I bet the Pats, Jets and Fins all have good drafts.

Dolfan11
w00t! Great pickup.

Dolfan32323
I am excited about this pick. Welker is an OK reciever but now we have a sure 3rd option for WR (if we don't get Lelie). Saban IMO is one of the best (if not the best) coaches in scouting in the NFL

Dolfan32323
04-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Guys,

I may be way off base here, but if Saban runs his ship anything like Belichicks, you won't always take the sexy pick, or the pick that has the commentators excited. But you will take quality guys who perform in the NFL.

I mean Mankins?! Everyone laughed. Guy stepped right in and played great. I think this is a good pick for you guys, and I bet Saban knows something about this guy that made him choose him over the bigger names.

In the end, I bet the Pats, Jets and Fins all have good drafts.
As hard as it is to agree with a Pats fan, I agree with you :)

Finsfan79
04-29-2006, 09:12 PM
demetrius williams???? Why Hagan instead? His intangibles are much much better grrr

PhinsTD
04-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Nice size, speed ratio. If his hands are ok, this will be a good pick.

Probably not a star, but not every pick can be a star.

FinfanInBuffalo
04-29-2006, 09:15 PM

This is from Gil Brandt on NFL.com:

He did not drop a pass at Arizona State

Miamibyrd_24
04-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Man, hope we can still get Max Jean Giles.

Samphin
04-29-2006, 09:21 PM
The ONLY reason these guys are saying he has questionable hands is because they ONLY saw him at the combine and the Senior Bowl. Those two instances he wasn't the best. However, when he plays in actual GAMES, he is awesome. As a Pac-10 follower, I am happy to see him come here. He is a big body that can run and catch.

Think about how we will use him. 3rd downs and red zones come to mind. Think of the corners in our division as well. I cannot think of a tall corner that comes to mind. Can you?

Derek Hagan is over 6'1" and has a vertical of nearly 40". Not to mention the fact that he runs a 4.46 40. I can see him being our third wideout at the start of the season. I like the pick, a lot.

Samphin
04-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Man, hope we can still get Max Jean Giles.

Saban has already said he feels that he addressed the o-linein free agency. It doesn't sound like he is planning on spending our fourth on Giles.

uga3406
04-29-2006, 09:24 PM
i think i would of perferred Williams from oregon instead. Not a huge fan of Hagans. Oh well

dolfanmark
04-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Hagan's bad hands reputation comes mostly from a poor showing at the combine and the Senior Bowl. His performance at ASU was pretty solid with regard to his hands. He's the all time PAC10 leader in catches, so his hands can't be that bad.
He also has a reputation as a great character guy and a leader. He runs great routers and is a very willing blocker. You have to like his size and the things he does well.

uga3406
04-29-2006, 09:45 PM
i gotta be honest i hate the players we drafted. This is looking like a awful draft for us. Look at the jets , pats and bills. They have done well so far.

Dolphin1184
04-29-2006, 09:45 PM
i gotta be honest i hate the players we drafted. This is looking like a awful draft for us. Look at the jets , pats and bills. They have done well so far.

:shakeno:

Dolfan4life!
04-29-2006, 09:51 PM
i gotta be honest i hate the players we drafted. This is looking like a awful draft for us. Look at the jets , pats and bills. They have done well so far.Haven't you been chased away in 3 or 4 different threads already? Glutton for punishment, huh?

uga3406
04-29-2006, 09:59 PM
i just can't help myself. I want these teams to hurry back to the glory teams when Marino was here. Im want the best for this team but imo i hate Allen and Hagans.There are plenty of others who agree with me. Just look around and read if ya dont believe me

Dolphin-One
04-29-2006, 10:00 PM

I think your opinion is partially based on the fact the jets, pats and bills have used a full complement of draft choices this 1st day while the dolphins had two first day picks. The jets had five first day picks; bills had three first day picks; and the pats had three first day picks.

YES, if the team had not traded for Culpepper, Saban would have had a 2nd round pick - and a full complement of draft choices this first day.

I look at this year's draft this way - Saban has drafted two quality players that the team did not have previously. It will be up to Saban and his staff to prepare them to play.

==========
In My Opinion
==========

Dolphin1184
04-29-2006, 10:03 PM
i just can't help myself. I want these teams to hurry back to the glory teams when Marino was here. Im want the best for this team but imo i hate Allen and Hagans.There are plenty of others who agree with me. Just look around and read if ya dont believe me

And a plethora of people and our own coach who would disagree with you. Don't believe me? Just look around and read.

WharfRat
04-29-2006, 10:08 PM

ooooooo yeahhhhhhhhhhh

From NFL.com

Hagan is a big, physical receiver who knows how to use his size to his advantage very well. He jolts and defeats the jam easily and can shield the cornerback from the ball to make the catch with a cornerback on his back consistently. He's a very smooth and fluid receiver who can get in and out of his cuts quickly and can contort his body to adjust and make tough catches seem routine. His hands are outstanding; he can pluck the ball when he needs to, does not drop the easy pass, and makes the catch on the most important plays. He has proven to be a clutch receiver throughout his entire college careeer. His size and strength help him to break tackles and keep his feet despite hard hits while running after the catch.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/hagan_derek

ooooooo yeahhhhhhhhhhh

LtDan
04-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Good Pick!

Agent51
04-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Woohoo, I called Derek Hagan in the 3rd (in the "who do you wanna see in a dolphins uni in the 3rd" thread).

I like our picks a lot. Jason Allen wasn't my first choice, but I am definately not dissappointed, he's a top 10 talent and a hard hitter, should be great. I like Hagan, I'm glad we grabbed him, he'll be a nice addition to our WRs.

LtDan
04-29-2006, 10:12 PM

ooooooo yeahhhhhhhhhhhFeel free to find a team with receivers who don't drop balls. He caught 94% of balls in college. So zip-it already:shakeno:

LtDan
04-29-2006, 10:41 PM
i gotta be honest i hate the players we drafted. This is looking like a awful draft for us. Look at the jets , pats and bills. They have done well so far.The Bills?? Kidding right?!!!

ohall
04-29-2006, 10:45 PM
The ONLY reason these guys are saying he has questionable hands is because they ONLY saw him at the combine and the Senior Bowl. Those two instances he wasn't the best. However, when he plays in actual GAMES, he is awesome. As a Pac-10 follower, I am happy to see him come here. He is a big body that can run and catch.

Think about how we will use him. 3rd downs and red zones come to mind. Think of the corners in our division as well. I cannot think of a tall corner that comes to mind. Can you?

Derek Hagan is over 6'1" and has a vertical of nearly 40". Not to mention the fact that he runs a 4.46 40. I can see him being our third wideout at the start of the season. I like the pick, a lot.

Thx Sam, I was starting to wonder. Most reports grade his hands as good.

tucker
04-29-2006, 10:54 PM
pple are never satisfied...and how can you whine about draft picks already when they havent even started playing...this uga guy sounds like a clown

MiamiMan147
04-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Im not pissed off about the actual person as much as the position. I just think we have a lot of position needs, Wr not being one of them.

WR is as much of a need as any other.

DwayneWade
04-29-2006, 11:58 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2005-05-04-draft-preview-2006_x.htm.. they got him drafted 20th overall... sounds like we got a steal to me!

HybridPHIN 23
04-30-2006, 12:01 AM
just read my sporting news issue which actually features him in the WR preview catagory. Looks like a player we (Saban and our All-star staff) could easily make a Solid, if not, KiLLeR #2 guy for a loong time.

Agent51
04-30-2006, 12:15 AM
http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hagan_derek00.html

The first line pretty much sums up his talent and potential:

"Finished his career as perhaps the greatest receiver in ASU and Pac-10 Conference history...is the Pac-10's all-time leader in career receptions with 258, and finished second in conference history with 3,939 career receiving yards..."

PhinFan0202
04-30-2006, 12:20 AM
He reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson or Mushin Muhammed. He's a big receiver that knows how to use his lengthy body to his advantage. We got a major steal.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-30-2006, 01:11 AM
i see reggie wayne in him.

Agent51
04-30-2006, 01:36 AM
i see reggie wayne in him.

ME TOO! I said that earlier in another thread ( I think it was the "who is having the best draft" thread). Reggie was brought in top open up Harrison more, or to be another target should Harrison be double covered, but then it turns out Wayne is a star in his own right, almost MORE valuable than Harrison, and I see Hagan filling that same role here. I see him being used as a way to open up Chambers, but should they continue to doub;e cover CHambers, Hagan can step up and make the clutch plays. GREAT pick IMO.

tonto_phin
04-30-2006, 01:40 AM
the ESPN book compares him to Tory Holt

me likey

Nick13
04-30-2006, 01:44 AM
wow. don't think anyone saw this coming

i did. check my mock. i had Hagan in Rd 3.

Tar Phin
04-30-2006, 02:03 AM

Whatever dude. I guess you are entitled to your opinion but I think the Bills stunk it up and I trust Sabans judgement over yours.