PDA

View Full Version : Jets Draft

Agent51
04-29-2006, 10:06 PM
I have to say that I'm actually pretty impressed with their draft for once, lol. I would have loved them to get Bush. Not only would he have been a blast to play against, but they would have given up SO much for him, lol.

Ferguson, Mangold, Clemens, and Schlegel are some pretty impressive picks. I am not too familiar with Eric Smith so I can't really comment on him.

Dors156
04-29-2006, 10:08 PM
im not going to lie but all of our division rivals had good drafts today.

DallasDolfan
04-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah....look where they were picking

DallasDolfan
04-29-2006, 10:18 PM
We got a Pro Bowl QB with our 2nd round pick.

ChambersWI
04-29-2006, 11:00 PM

meh. Bills reached on every pick but Youboty (but Whitner will be a good player). I don't know about the other two.

Pats did have a good draft, as did the Jets, but only because of Ferguson and Mangold

MiamiMan147
04-29-2006, 11:02 PM

Not quite, Buffalo's draft was a clusterf***.

nolefin
04-29-2006, 11:06 PM
to be honest i think the jets draft sucked look were they were picking, how can you give up lienart? they could have got a center later, not good considering all the picks they had. bills draft sucked also they reached big time, imo i would have dumped jp and got a real qb (cutler). pats had a real good draft, maroney and jackson and the te from texas now thats a real draft.

tucker
04-29-2006, 11:06 PM
well when you have a crappy season, you usually have a good oppurtunity of picking some real good players

MiamiMan147
04-29-2006, 11:08 PM
I give a high priority to OL and DL, so I'd say they had an awesome 1st round. If they pick Max Jean-Gilles in the 4th they'll have snagged the best Tackle, Center, and Guard in the draft. The Clemens pick was interesting, he may very well be there QB of the future. Schlegel I'd never heard of, but that pick was universally lambasted by our draft gurus.

I'm not sure how I feel about NE's draft. Maroney wasn't the best RB left, IMO. Chad Jackson may have appeared to be a steal in the 2nd, but that's generally where he would have gone before the combine inflated his draft stock.

Amars
04-29-2006, 11:09 PM
they are going to have a solid line.

Huffer
04-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Mayock and Chavous both thought the Jets last 2 picks were under valued. In other words both guys were projected to go later than where the Jets picked them.

I liked what the Pats did. I thougt the Pats, Denver, and Greenbay were all right at the top of the heap when the smoke cleared on day one.

However if you factor in Daunte as our second RD pick you can't be to disapointed with what this draft is putting on our roster.

jdang307
04-30-2006, 05:20 PM
ROFL did you guys just see that special on ESPN where they were flashbacking the jet's first round picks? Man I've never seen so many disappointed fans haha.

culpepper#8
04-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Jason taylor is going crush D'brick week 4

Motion
04-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Not quite, Buffalo's draft was a clusterf***.

They may have reached and not filled needs but they are gonna have one HELL of a secondary for years to come. Too bad they won't be able to stop the run to save their lives though.

Philter25
04-30-2006, 05:32 PM
I do like Buffalo's players they got, however BOY did they reach for Whitner and McCargo. In the end though, they reached for McCargo and Whitner, but stole Youboty and Simpson. I guess it evens out.

Doakle
04-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Jets did pretty well, one big negative though is that to get Mangold, they lost John Abraham, their one true game changing defensive player. The number of game changing defensive players they drafted this weekend? Zero.

maddendude
04-30-2006, 07:33 PM
yea Jets had a monster draft. Probably the best.

But the bills tanked. Patriots had some good picks. WE made the most out of nothing though. No 2nd round pick, no 6th, 3 7th round picks, and we still did well.

Eshlemon
05-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Here's my opinion on the draft.

Buffalo: C
Good value with CB Youboty, FS Simpson, DT Williams but not SS Whitner & DT McCargo. Know this isn't precise, but if they kept picks and went DT Ngata/Bunkley, SS Bullocks (assuming passing on SS Whitner makes a domino effect on SS, otherwise the pick SS Manning), DT Dvoracek/other...I would probably graded them an A- or A depending on what they did with the Dvoracek pick.

Jets: A-
Like most everything unfortunately. Exception is not getting a 3-4 OLB. There was a lot of quality depth at OLB and DE/OLB hybrids, and they should have used one of their 10 picks on the position. Especially after losing Abraham.

New England: B
Like picks RB Maroney, WR Johnson, & TE Miller, but not the next 2 (another TE & K). Also like OL O'Callaghan in the 5th.

Maimi: B
Like DB Allen and good value for WR Hagan, DT Wright, & WR Aromashodu. Don't think so good with OT Toledo. Don't want to jinx, but hopefully DT/3-4 DE Wright pans out the same way as Ogunleye.