PDA

View Full Version : Omar Jacobs or Ko Simpson

Ronnie Brown23
04-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Man we should get 1 of these guys in the 4th i've seen the guy play he is awsome , cuz i thought we were gunna get brodie croyle, but i think we should get ko simpson or omar jacobs that would be our best bet in the 4th if we get one of them.

Thoughts?????:confused: :confused:

elite14eva
04-29-2006, 10:54 PM
saban could go with jacobs but who knows.

AtticusFinz
04-29-2006, 10:55 PM
was Micheal Robinson from PennState taken?

wazzy
I would like Jacobs in the fourth that could be a real steal!

Bjorn
was Micheal Robinson from PennState taken?

No, it's still early IMHO. I think 5th is the earliest he will go.

GEORGIA FIN
04-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Omar for sure. He's been criticized for his throwing motion, but he's an accurate passer with a good ability to find the open receiver. Good insurance in case Millen holds up the Harrington deal.

Coral Reefer
04-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Man we should get 1 of these guys in the 4th i've seen the guy play he is awsome , cuz i thought we were gunna get brodie croyle, but i think we should get ko simpson or omar jacobs that would be our best bet in the 4th if we get one of them.

Thoughts?????:confused: :confused:

Neither one IMO.

We have other areas of need which some good prospects have slipped.

Giles or Scott are OL that would be great pick ups for us.

Wright is a good DL still avail.

I don't know of any OLB off the top of my head.

I say we go OL or DL myself.

I'm not a fan of O. Jacobs anyway. I really hope someone picks him before us so I don't have to sweat out the possibility that we take a gamble on him.

Ronnie Brown23
04-29-2006, 10:59 PM
I would like Jacobs in the fourth that could be a real steal!

We can only hope, its in Sabans hands now......but honestly we could have gotten Brian Calhuaun RB from Wisconsin, im from Kenosha Wi that's why i wanted him, but dont get me wrong im a die hard fin fan!

Please Saban Omar Jacobs in the 4th :pray: :pray:

postermaster
04-29-2006, 10:59 PM
My personal draft rankings for tomorrow:

1.- QB Omar Jacobs
2.- C Mike Degory
3.- OT/G Max Jean-Gilles
4.- DT/LB/DE Gabe Watson
5.- DT/LB/DE Kai Parham

Ronnie Brown23
04-29-2006, 11:01 PM

1.- QB Omar Jacobs
2.- C Mike Degory
3.- OT/G Max Jean-Gilles
4.- DT/LB/DE Gabe Watson
5.- DT/LB/DE Kai Parham

gotta love it except we could maybe squeeze ko simpson in there IF we are lucky IMO thats a big IF

AtticusFinz
04-29-2006, 11:04 PM

1.- QB Omar Jacobs
2.- C Mike Degory
3.- OT/G Max Jean-Gilles
4.- DT/LB/DE Gabe Watson
5.- DT/LB/DE Kai Parham

thats one to many 2nd day picks

remeber we used a 6th on Lemon and a 5th on Manny Wright..

Alex44
I think with the signing of Peterson the O-line is set guys, you dont want to shake it up to much. So unless its in round 7 I dont think were taking an offensive lineman, but I could be wrong

I think Omar Jacobs is a very real possibility

airtime70
How about Gabe Watson or Rod Wright? I would take a chance on a runstuffer like Watson in the fourth.

postermaster
04-29-2006, 11:05 PM
We can only hope, its in Sabans hands now......but honestly we could have gotten Brian Calhuaun RB from Wisconsin, im from Kenosha Wi that's why i wanted him, but dont get me wrong im a die hard fin fan!

Please Saban Omar Jacobs in the 4th :pray: :pray:

I wanted him in the third, but now that we have picked Hagan I only can prey for 2 things:

*Omar Jacobs get undrafted in the next 16 picks...

*Nick Saban takes him on tomorrow's 17th pick overall (17th pick from the 4th round, 114th overall in the 2006 draft)

Paul 13
I think we're waiting until the 7th round to take a qb, if at all... if the Harrington thing gets done, then we won't have to worry about it, question is when...

IAFINFAN
I wish we knew if Harrington was on board or not. Yes Joey is saying he is a Fin but until he suites up anything can happen. If we can't get value at LB than we should really draft a QB to cover our arse. Just think about the draft being over and Joey ends up somewhere else. I am starting to think QB with rd. 4.

Alex44
04-29-2006, 11:07 PM
I wish we knew if Harrington was on board or not. Yes Joey is saying he is a Fin but until he suites up anything can happen. If we can't get value at LB than we should really draft a QB to cover our arse. Just think about the draft being over and Joey ends up somewhere else. I am starting to think QB with rd. 4.

I think even if we get Joey we still draft a guy like Jacobs

Chances are Joey would only be here 1-2 years while he re-establishes himself in the league

Coral Reefer
04-29-2006, 11:07 PM

Rookie QB does nothing for this team this year.

If we go into the season with a rook starting the first quarter of the season you can pretty much write of any chance of a division title.

Rookies just don't come out of the gates after their first training camp as quality starting QB's.

Harrington is a must.

postermaster
04-29-2006, 11:08 PM
thats one to many 2nd day picks

remeber we used a 6th on Lemon and a 5th on Manny Wright..

Yes, I know, thats an insurance, I mean, if one of the top of the list get drafted by other team, we keep going down the list...

tonto_phin
04-29-2006, 11:10 PM
we signed 8 DB's, drafted 1 and we should take another?

postermaster
04-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Rookie QB does nothing for this team this year.

If we go into the season with a rook starting the first quarter of the season you can pretty much write of any chance of a division title.

Rookies just don't come out of the gates after their first training camp as quality starting QB's.

Harrington is a must.

We might get both, Joey to start this season if Culpepper can't (Culpepper could also start the season, who knows, that option is not discarded...), and having a solid backup QB 1 or 2 years until Omar Jacobs absorbs the system and the way he must play in the NFL...

Must people could say that Jacobs will never be a solid QB due to he is not in the firs 90 picks overall, but just remember Brady pick #99 overall (I hate him, but he is damn good...), Matt Hasselbeck #197 - 199 overall I don't remember wel..., but the case is that he is a superbowler and Brady is a 3 time superbowl winner...

:dolphins:

postermaster
04-29-2006, 11:21 PM

9?, Andre' Goodman, Renaldo Hill, Deke Cooper, Will Allen and drafted Jason Allen is a total of 5 - 4 that we left go, Sam Madison, Lance Schulters Tebucky Jones and Kiwaukee Thomas that means we are 1 DB over last year's season finale...

So if Ty Law comes very, very, very, very cheap because he realizes he is to expensive, we should ink him...

finfanlover
04-29-2006, 11:31 PM
I Forgot Kai Parham was still on the board, Me personally would like to draft Max Jean-Gilles first, but if he is gone the positions we should look at are offensive tackle- Ryan Occallagan or John Scott
dt-Gabe Watson,Babinotu Oshinowa, or Rod Wright.
lb-There are lots of options Stanley Mclover, Parys Haralsyn, Mark Anderson, Spencer Havner, Ray Edwards, Kai Parhaim, or A.J Nichcolson
SS-Darnell Bing or Greg Blue
Those are quality day one players that I would take any of them and the amazing thing is we are or should get a player that couldl have easily went in the second or third round.

DolfanDaveInATX
04-29-2006, 11:32 PM

We're not taking Ko Simpson. Once we took Jason Allen, every other DB got taken off our draft board.

DolfanDaveInATX
04-29-2006, 11:35 PM
9?, Andre' Goodman, Renaldo Hill, Deke Cooper, Will Allen and drafted Jason Allen is a total of 5 - 4 that we left go, Sam Madison, Lance Schulters Tebucky Jones and Kiwaukee Thomas that means we are 1 DB over last year's season finale...

So if Ty Law comes very, very, very, very cheap because he realizes he is to expensive, we should ink him...

At corner, we have Will Poole, Will Allen, Travis Daniels, Andre Goodman, and Shirdonya Mitchell.

At safety, we have Jason Allen, Yeremiah Bell, Renaldo Hill, Deke Cooper, and Travares Tillman.

We're fully loaded in the secondary.

saves
04-30-2006, 12:03 AM

Harrington is not on board officially yet. I think we may be waiting to see if we can get a better value in this draft before agreeing to send away a future pick.

playmaker1
04-30-2006, 01:09 AM
I think we should draft Simpson. Him and Allen would be great. Would beef up our secondary for years to come!

playmaker1
04-30-2006, 01:11 AM
At corner, we have Will Poole, Will Allen, Travis Daniels, Andre Goodman, and Shirdonya Mitchell.

At safety, we have Jason Allen, Yeremiah Bell, Renaldo Hill, Deke Cooper, and Travares Tillman.

look at some of those guys... really I think we are far from loaded. I think another safety would be a good look

Crowder52
04-30-2006, 01:21 AM

Honestly, re-read that statement. We're looking better, but not even close to "fully loaded".

FinAtic8480
04-30-2006, 01:37 AM
I honestly think Jacobs goes undrafted, we were the only team to visit with him..... If he goes undrafted we sign him, but chances are with all the slides in this Draft Omar Jacobs does not get Selected, In my opinion Marcus VIck, Michael Robinson and the Qb from Georgia all get selected before Omar. Im not trying to knock Omar, I love the guy but I think he goes undrafted.....

LoneWulF
04-30-2006, 02:07 AM
#1. Darnell Bing -too tempting to build a dominant young secondary in one draft. he should have gone late 1st early second. here is the Channing Crowder of our draft
2. Giles- ya hed be a steal at 4th pick
3. Ko Simpson - very underrated, will we a starter in the NFL. Can never have enough corners.
4. Greg Blue - I only have him this low because I think if Bing is there we have to take him, but Blue is a monster, roy williams type hitter

TotoreMexico
04-30-2006, 03:05 AM
I think we should draft Simpson. Him and Allen would be great. Would beef up our secondary for years to come!

Agreed, could be a great combo

swampfox
04-30-2006, 03:10 AM
I would prefer a NT or Haralson in the fourth and use a 7th to take Elliot (QB).

Bjorn
04-30-2006, 03:15 AM
I think Gilles, Bing, Simpson, and Watson will all be gone before we pick. Otherwise I'm all for one of them.

Jaj
04-30-2006, 03:22 AM
It'll be Babatunde Oshinowo, I'm almost convinced of it.

1stDownRBrown
04-30-2006, 06:50 AM
Whatever happened to Omar being a sure-thing first rounder.. what about Brodie Croyle or Charlie Whitehurst, are they still on the board?

jaxdolfan
04-30-2006, 08:59 AM
How about Gabe Watson or Rod Wright? I would take a chance on a runstuffer like Watson in the fourth.

I was just looking at available DT's and Rivals has this guy rated #39 overall...ahead of Claude Wroten.

Since Saban wanted Ngata so bad, you have to think this woul dbe his guy.

6'4" 331 lbs. Big guy.

jaxdolfan
04-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Whatever happened to Omar being a sure-thing first rounder.. what about Brodie Croyle or Charlie Whitehurst, are they still on the board?

Whitehurst and Croyle were taken already.

Motion
04-30-2006, 09:36 AM

Omar was NEVER a sure 1st rounder.

I'm amazed Simpson is still available. I definitely see us going front 7 in the 4th. Watson or Oshinowo possibly.