PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Vick

Fresh
04-30-2006, 12:35 PM
I'd trade 2 7th's to go nab Marcus Vick in the 5th or 6th. Seriously.

I really, really want Marcus Vick. That kid is a "Coach Saban" type + a few years of development behind Culpepper away from being a real superstar QB. Think of a Michael Vick who can actually pass the ball at a very high level. Let him mature with great leaders/character guys like Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Chris Chambers, etc. who can keep him away from the WRONG choices. Also, he is going to be inspired by the NFL, believe me. You can see the desire from his ESPN interview yesterday.

Look at it this way; Culpepper is 29-years old with potentiall 4-5 good years left of him, hopefully more. Marcus Vick is a young prospect, just turned 22 in March, who would take this as a learning experience and maybe develop into a very solid QB in the next 3-5 years. To me, it's not even a matter of "developing"...if he keeps it together and matures properly, he will be a player in this league.

Marcus Vick is the 100% definition of "BOOM OR BUST" and that's the type of prospect you look for in the mid-later rounds of the draft. :cooldude:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dolphan13
04-30-2006, 12:38 PM
DUDE ME TO. I REALLY want Marcus Vick I say trade 2 7th rounds to go up and snag vick. Please!!

Silverphin
04-30-2006, 12:38 PM
I'd trade 2 7th's to go nab Marcus Vick in the 5th or 6th. Seriously.

I really, really want Marcus Vick. That kid is a "Coach Saban" type + a few years of development behind Culpepper away from being a real superstar QB. Think of a Michael Vick who can actually pass the ball at a very high level. Let him mature with great leaders/character guys like Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Chris Chambers, etc. who can keep him away from the WRONG choices. Also, he is going to be inspired by the NFL, believe me. You can see the desire from his ESPN interview yesterday.

Look at it this way; Culpepper is 29-years old with potentiall 4-5 good years left of him, hopefully more. Marcus Vick is a young prospect, just turned 22 in March, who would take this as a learning experience and maybe develop into a very solid QB in the next 3-5 years. To me, it's not even a matter of "developing"...if he keeps it together and matures properly, he will be a player in this league.

Marcus Vick is the 100% definition of "BOOM OR BUST" and that's the type of prospect you look for in the mid-later rounds of the draft. :cooldude:

http://espn.starwave.com/media/ncf/2005/0715/photo/i_vick_412.jpg

Seriously, I'd take him if Saban, proverbially speaking, drives his foot up his ***.

RalphX19X
04-30-2006, 12:40 PM
why would you trade 2 7's when you can get him in the 7th?

Marino13fanboy1
04-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Too many character issues with Vick.

MustangFinFan
04-30-2006, 12:46 PM

Saban will make him cry

TotoreMexico
04-30-2006, 12:48 PM
why would you trade 2 7's when you can get him in the 7th?

My guess is that he's not going to get drafted

Dors156
04-30-2006, 12:49 PM
yea guys i want him to but we can get him in the 7th

MustangFinFan
04-30-2006, 12:50 PM
teams arent drafting QBs, merely because nobody needs a QB. we dont NEED one, its just drafting one in the 7th would be a good idea.

Dors156
04-30-2006, 12:50 PM
i wish we can trade for another fourth to get omar jacobs but it aint happenin:mad:

phinpunk14
04-30-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm not opposed to drafting him, but how is he a "Coach Saban type player."

Huffer
04-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Man I hope we don't take this kid. IMO he isn't a very good qb and his character is questionable at best. I could understand bringing in a questionable character for a talent like TO. But for some punk who hasn't really shown much ability as a qb? I'd say let someone else take the chance on him. But that's just my opinion on it. If we were going to get him though I'd pick him up in free agency after the draft. I wouldn't waste a pick on him. If he's drafted I'd be surprised.

postermaster
i wish we can trade for another fourth to get omar jacobs but it aint happenin:mad:

Yes! absolutely!!, are we the only persons crying for Omar Jacobs' services in our team?

Rixon
i think the guy is a moron. have you heard him speak? hes going to end up in jail very soon

FinFan72
04-30-2006, 01:25 PM
:yes:

In_Flames
04-30-2006, 01:29 PM
forget Vick, I say if we go after a QB at all we should trade up and go after Jacobs...

SpencerFS
04-30-2006, 01:52 PM
if he is in the 7th i say we take him

GRT8
04-30-2006, 01:55 PM
i live in Va and am in Vick territory.....trust me this guy is a bust.

MAJOR character issues ansd his ability is in question too. Against Miami in a huge game for tech, he played extremely poor. He is not worth a cent.

miamiron
04-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Simple One Word Answer

no

In_Flames
04-30-2006, 01:56 PM

MAJOR character issues ansd his ability is in question too. Against Miami in a huge game for tech, he played extremely poor. He is not worth a cent.

agreed...

Metal Panda
Marcus Vick?

This should be in the SPAM forum. Sorry. That's a joke. Waste a pick on a kid with character issues who may never see the field in the NFL, and if he does, maybe not even as a starter. And you're suggesting to TRADE UP for a guy who may not even get drafted.

Huge waste of time and money. And there's no need to take a QB in this draft anyway.

dolfan4eva
We can get him with a 7th. If he doesn't work out so what we wasted a 7th.

Metal Panda
04-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Saban will make him cry

The problem with the fanboys on this board is they think Saban is a superman. Believe it or not, there are players no coaches can reach. Marcus appears to be one of them. Pass.

You really want Vick/Lemon to be the heir apparents to Daunte if Daunte's not ready at the beginning of the season. God that makes me sad :(

Metal Panda
04-30-2006, 01:59 PM
We can get him with a 7th. If he doesn't work out so what we wasted a 7th.

7ths are where you can take risks on other need positions and possibly come up with a late sleeper steal. Marcus Vick is a surefire failure.

I wouldn't be surprised if nobody drafted him. That way somebody can sign him to a cheap contract after the draft.

My friend thinks he's going to the Arena League and that wouldn't surprise me :)

Roman529
04-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Stay away from Vick....send him the message that his screw ups won't be tolerated by any team in the NFL....next job for Vick: The drive up window at Wendys.

dolfan4eva
04-30-2006, 02:02 PM

Miami had the second best defense in the nation last year. A lot of people played bad against them.

normaldude
04-30-2006, 03:48 PM
People only talk about him because of his last name.

SkapePhin
04-30-2006, 03:53 PM
I would vomit on myself if we drafted Vick..

He is about as spoiled and bad character as you can get.. Plus, he isnt much of a QB as evidenced by his disastrous night against the only REAL challenged he face in college, Da U.