PDA

View Full Version : Best players still avaliable.....

paskerbrandon
04-30-2006, 03:27 PM
1) Charles Gordon CB - (WTF why has noone take him?, GET HIM SABAN)

2) Rodrique Wright DT - (WTF)

3) Stanley McClover DE

4) Anwar Phillips CB

5) Greg Eslinger (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/47839.html) C

6) Fred Matua (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/47854.html) OG

7) Hank Baskett (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/606.html) WR

HOW IN THE NAME OF THE LORD ARE THEY STILL ON THE BOARD? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? CAN SOMEONE SERIOUSLY EXPLAIN TO ME? INJURIES? OFF-FIELD ISSUES? PICK THEM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nublar7
04-30-2006, 03:28 PM
As a Penn State fan, I would love to see us get Phillips. :)

FanMarino
04-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Another CB? I suppose depth doesnt hurt but im dissapointed not to see an OLB on that list.

Nublar7
04-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Another CB? I suppose depth doesnt hurt but im dissapointed not to see an OLB on that list.
7th round is a time to take chances on players. Odds are none of them will pan out, so you definitely take value over need in the 7th.

Dors156
04-30-2006, 03:32 PM
i think we should get gordon,reid,and vick i doubt webb will still be there but i hope he will

XXXSURTAINXXX
04-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Gerrick McPhearsonHeight: 5-10
Weight: 191
40 Speed: 4.21 V
Position: Cornerback
College: Maryland
Final Grade: I 6.2

SUMMARYMcPherson is an exciting player because of his tremendous 40-yard dash time, but the fact that he was only Maryland's No. 3 cornerback as a junior is troubling. Never showed the consistent production as a senior to make people believe he will ever play up to his 40 time. At nearly 5-foot-10 and 190 pounds, he has adequate size and is without question an explosive athlete, but he needs to translate his athleticism into on-field production. He is a competitive cornerback who has shown a willingness to make hard tackles in run support and will hit the receiver to break up passes. Has the hips and athleticism to turn and run with the receiver without losing a step, and can run with fast receivers deep down the field. Does not consistently transition out of his backpedal to close fast enough and break up passes in front of him. Does not consistently read the quarterback quickly and he ends up allowing too many catches. Overall, McPherson has the physical tools to be a good starting cornerback in the NFL, but he has not converted his athleticism into production yet, and most of the time cornerbacks do not change in that regard once in the league.
STRONG POINTSMcPherson is a very quick and explosive athlete. He has shown the ability to plant, drive and close fast on passes in front of him, and can use his front arm to break up the pass well. Also has shown willingness to make a hard hit right after ball arrives to break up the pass. Has the acceleration and speed to stay on receivers down the field on deep routes and has the hips to turn, run and stay with receiver in the red zone. Usually comes up quickly in run support and is willing to make good tackles out in space.

G-Force
04-30-2006, 03:37 PM

SUMMARYMcPherson is an exciting player because of his tremendous 40-yard dash time, but the fact that he was only Maryland's No. 3 cornerback as a junior is troubling. Never showed the consistent production as a senior to make people believe he will ever play up to his 40 time. At nearly 5-foot-10 and 190 pounds, he has adequate size and is without question an explosive athlete, but he needs to translate his athleticism into on-field production. He is a competitive cornerback who has shown a willingness to make hard tackles in run support and will hit the receiver to break up passes. Has the hips and athleticism to turn and run with the receiver without losing a step, and can run with fast receivers deep down the field. Does not consistently transition out of his backpedal to close fast enough and break up passes in front of him. Does not consistently read the quarterback quickly and he ends up allowing too many catches. Overall, McPherson has the physical tools to be a good starting cornerback in the NFL, but he has not converted his athleticism into production yet, and most of the time cornerbacks do not change in that regard once in the league.
STRONG POINTSMcPherson is a very quick and explosive athlete. He has shown the ability to plant, drive and close fast on passes in front of him, and can use his front arm to break up the pass well. Also has shown willingness to make a hard hit right after ball arrives to break up the pass. Has the acceleration and speed to stay on receivers down the field on deep routes and has the hips to turn, run and stay with receiver in the red zone. Usually comes up quickly in run support and is willing to make good tackles out in space.I thought he was a solid corner and think he would be a steal but I don't think we need another cb.

G-Force
04-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah lets get Vick and make him a RB. He has speed if nothing else.

iDolFan
04-30-2006, 03:38 PM
1) Charles Gordon CB - (WTF why has noone take him?, GET HIM SABAN)

2) Rodrique Wright DT - (WTF)

3) Stanley McClover DE

4) Anwar Phillips CB

5) Greg Eslinger (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/47839.html) C

6) Fred Matua (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/47854.html) OG

7) Hank Baskett (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/606.html) WR

HOW IN THE NAME OF THE LORD ARE THEY STILL ON THE BOARD? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? CAN SOMEONE SERIOUSLY EXPLAIN TO ME? INJURIES? OFF-FIELD ISSUES? PICK THEM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wright from UT would be a great pick-up! WTF is right!!!... I can't believe he hasn't got picked yet!

And I know Marcus Vick has had some off-field problems, but as a 7th round pick, I think it would be worth the risk. I mean, why not? Who was the last 7th rounder to make an impact? the 7th round sucks anyway, imo.

COMEBACKRICKY
04-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Rod Wright Is Still Avalible?!?!?! Wtf No Way!

Alex44
I missed most of day two

Did anyone take Zemitis (sp) the corner from....I believe Penn State?

Spicy Henne
McClover or Rod Wright seem great off that list.
I seriously can't understand how noone ahs taken Wright by this point. Man has he fallen in the last year

Nublar7
04-30-2006, 03:40 PM
I missed most of day two

Did anyone take Zemitis (sp) the corner from....I believe Penn State?
He went to Tampa.

Alex44
04-30-2006, 03:41 PM
He went to Tampa.

Thanks.....I kind of slept in untill 3 today and missed most of day two :lol:

MadLib
If Rod Wright is there, I really hope we grab him. I remember seeing a couple 2006 projected drafts last year and both had him going top 15. Now after one season, he could potentially be a 7th rd draft and just might go undrafted. I think he could turn out to be one of the steals of the draft under the right guidance and there isnt a better defensive coaching combo than Saban and Capers to get the best out of him.

HysterikiLL
If we got Rod Wright in the 7th, I'd collapse.

MustangFinFan
gerrick mcphearson.....wouldnt be CB, he'd be a punt/kick return guy for us. altho with a 4.21 time, i wouldnt mind giving him a shot in the nickel or dime. definetely special teams ace.......omg thats fast!

Nev_FSU30
Rod Wright please!

He is one of the biggest risk-reward prospects in the 2006 draft class, but Wright's tremendous upside makes him worth the early-second round gamble.

HysterikiLL
.....the good collapsing......

dolphan13
Marcus Vick QB

MustangFinFan
04-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Marcus Vick QB

lol ur obsessed with that guy

RunRickyRun34
Stanley Mcclover Pleaseeeeeeeee

HysterikiLL
Rod Wright please!

He is one of the biggest risk-reward prospects in the 2006 draft class, but Wright's tremendous upside makes him worth the early-second round gamble.

I think that there's a chance he falls to us. He has probably gone off a lot of boards as a ton of DTs have gone and we haven't taken any.

Just a question of whether he was on our board at all. Saban never watched him workout at UT's pro timing day.

iDolFan
04-30-2006, 03:43 PM
oh, and my friend Taurean Henderson, from Texas Tech :D

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifTaurean HendersonHeight: 5-10
Weight: 203
40 Speed: 4.63*
Position: Running Back
College: Texas Tech
Final Grade: G 5.8

SUMMARYHenderson is not the typical small scat-back, he has surprising toughness and overall production. He is a very quick-footed back who is remarkably good at avoiding tacklers in the backfield -- he can change directions quickly and bursts in the other direction to get away. He has the playing speed to get the corner and his quickness, vision and instincts enable him to make the sharp cut-back when he starts out trying to get the corner. Despite looking more like a third-down back, he runs aggressively between the tackles, keeps his feet vs. hard hits, runs through arm/grab tackles and consistently gains yards after contact. He is a very good receiver out of the backfield who not only catches the ball very well, but is a dangerous runner in the open field (He is the all-time NCAA leader in catches by a running back). He is quicker than he is fast, and lacks the premier explosiveness and playing speed that is wanted in a smaller running bacsk. Henderson would be mis-cast as a 25 carry a game running back in a power offense, but he will be a good starting running back if used like Brian Westbrook. As a rookie, he will be able to contribute as a third-down back because of his receiving and pass blocking ability.

Paul 13
04-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Rod Wright... gotta believe there's a serious red flag on this guy that we don't know of...

Nicky Napoleon
At this point I think the best guy available is Anwar Phillips, love the guys size at 6'0 192 lbs he isnt a burner but a 4.5 he isnt slow. He uses that side step that alot of Penn State CB use and will have to adapt to a true backpedal. If you go to NFL.com and pull him up and look at his grade they grade him out as a very productive starter. Wouldnt be bad for a late 6th if we had to trade up to get him.

COMEBACKRICKY
yeah i was at work today so i missed day two also. Im pissed we didnt get elvis dummervillein the fourth (should have traded up) but i was under the assumption Rod wright was already taken in the 3rd. this guy has dominated for Texas all year. i cant belive he hasnt been taken yet. he is a lot like richard seymore and we must trade up to get him

RunRickyRun34
Spencer Havner is still out there

unifiedtheory
Rod Wright was a first round pick last year...and now we arte talking about him being there in the 7TH for us this year...

Talk about costing yourself money by going back to school...

Alex44
04-30-2006, 03:45 PM
gerrick mcphearson.....wouldnt be CB, he'd be a punt/kick return guy for us. altho with a 4.21 time, i wouldnt mind giving him a shot in the nickel or dime. definetely special teams ace.......omg thats fast!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Your kidding right?

Thats like......WOW

COMEBACKRICKY
04-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Rod Wright... gotta believe there's a serious red flag on this guy that we don't know of...

how bad could it be?! i mean he dindt serve beer to minors or step on an opponents leg or anything. there is now way he could have done something serious without the public knowing.

postermaster
Greg Eslinger was just picked...

Silverphin

STRONG POINTSMcPherson is a very quick and explosive athlete. He has shown the ability to plant, drive and close fast on passes in front of him, and can use his front arm to break up the pass well. Also has shown willingness to make a hard hit right after ball arrives to break up the pass. Has the acceleration and speed to stay on receivers down the field on deep routes and has the hips to turn, run and stay with receiver in the red zone. Usually comes up quickly in run support and is willing to make good tackles out in space.

4.21 in the 40?! :eek:

Roman529
Hank Baskett of New Mexico would be nice...I saw him play against Air Force...he is solid.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/04/hank_baskett-1.jpg

Hank Baskett Grade: 3.45 Position: WR (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/breakdowns/by_position/wr.html)
Class: Sr
School: New Mexico (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/breakdowns/by_school/newmex.html)
Conference: Mountain West (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/breakdowns/by_conference/mwest.html)
Ht., Wt.: 6-3, 224
40 Time: 4.5

Grading System (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/grading_system/)

BIO: All-Conference performer the past two seasons, posting 67/1,071/9 as a senior after 54/908/3 the prior year.

POSITIVES: Consistent pass-catcher who flashes the ability to break games open. Reliable, displays outstanding timing as well as eye/hand coordination. Gets vertical and makes the acrobatic reception with defenders draped on him. Stays on his feet and displays the ability to create when running after the catch. Nicely uses the sidelines and his large frame to shield opponents away. Finds the soft spot in the defense. Aggressive blocker effective anywhere on the field.

NEGATIVES: Long, loping runner who lacks a sudden burst of speed. Must improve his route-running footwork.

ANALYSIS: A natural receiver with soft, consistent hands, Baskett possesses top size/speed numbers and has the production to go along with it. Offers the potential to eventually develop into a second receiver on an NFL level.

PROJECTION: Early Fifth Round

Paul 13
04-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Paul Pinegar in the 7th round, qb fresno state...

beejay05
Dwyane SLay S Texas Tech.....special teamer, can block kicks, and its like a monster truck....

MustangFinFan
people are saying Greg Eslinger isnt a MIAMI Guy

MadLib
04-30-2006, 03:48 PM
The red flag is that some believe his work ethic shows that he doesnt have the desire to play football at the next level. He's a major underacheiver considering he has all the physical tools to be the top defensive tackle in this draft.

Paul 13
04-30-2006, 03:49 PM
how bad could it be?! i mean he dindt serve beer to minors or step on an opponents leg or anything. there is now way he could have done something serious without the public knowing.
I know, just trying to make sense of him not being drafted yet... "does not make sense!" someone is going to get themselves a heck of a player here soon...

Roman529
04-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Damn, Broncos just took Greg Eslinger, Center. :rolleyes:

Nev_FSU30
04-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Rod Wright is rated #5 DT on ESPN. 6'5" 300 5.13

Strengths: He has a huge frame and terrific quickness. Shows flashes of rare big play potential. Has good initial burst and mobility when fresh. Can out-quick and overpower OL at times. Shows good mobility and overall athleticism for his size. Has played in two-gap and one-gap schemes but he looks much more natural as a one-gap player. He would fit perfectly as a three-technique in the NFL, where he could even slim down a bit and utilize his quickness and natural athletic ability at his size to disrupt versus the run and penetrate as an interior pass rusher. Showed increased versatility playing NT, DT and DE as a senior.

Weaknesses: He must improve his consistency. He has great natural tools and flashes massive NFL potential, but he does not give a steady enough effort  on the field or in workouts. Is somewhat of an underachiever at this point. Needs to work harder off the field to improve conditioning and stamina. He plays too high at times and allows blockers to get into his body too often. He must also improve his array of pass rush moves and ability to get off of blocks once he has been locked-on by a defensive lineman. Durability is just a minor issue because of his lingering ankle injury in 2004.

Overall: Wright's uncle, Elmo, was a first round pick of the Chiefs in 1971 and his cousin, Cedric Woodard, is a defensive tackle with the Seahawks. Wright finished his sophomore season in 2003 with 80 total tackles, including 12 for losses and 7.5 sacks. Wright missed one game because of an ankle injury that lingered as a junior in 2004, when he wasn't nearly as productive, finishing with 36 tackles, seven QB pressures and one sack. Wright was named a consensus first team All-America as a senior in 2005, when he started all 13 games and finished with 46 tackles, 13 TFL and 4.5 sacks. Wright has the overall physical tools, including the size, power and quickness, to develop into a pro bowl defensive tackle in the NFL. However, Wright also has the potential to get lazy once he starts collecting paychecks as a professional. He played with a more consistent motor when he was healthy as a senior and he also showed more versatility playing DT, NT and even DE throughout the course of the season. He is one of the biggest risk-reward prospects in the 2006 draft class, but Wright's tremendous upside makes him worth the early-second round gamble.

Bjorn
04-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Stanley Mcclover Pleaseeeeeeeee

:yes: Stanley with the first pick and Dee Webb with the second, and a QB with the 3rd.

Paul 13
04-30-2006, 03:52 PM
The red flag is that some believe his work ethic shows that he doesnt have the desire to play football at the next level. He's a major underacheiver considering he has all the physical tools to be the top defensive tackle in this draft.
They say that all the time about players (IE Gardener and Bowens) yet they got drafted high...

Nicky Napoleon
04-30-2006, 03:54 PM
If Matua is there I would lose sleep with that pick either, he is listed by nfldraftcountdown as the 7th best OG in the draft. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/fredmatua.html

MadLib
04-30-2006, 04:02 PM
They say that all the time about players (IE Gardener and Bowens) yet they got drafted high...
Gardner was good and even great at times, but for most of his career he pretty much showed that lack of desire.

MiamiDolphins34
04-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Mcclover,Rod Wright and Haralson/Woods/Leon Williams.

Bjorn
04-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Mcclover,Rod Wright and Haralson/Woods/Leon Williams.
Parys Haralson was drafted in the 3rd or 4th. Leon Williams was drafted too I believe.

miadfins
04-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Devin Aromashodu is there and i really wanted eslinger. i dont see many olbs i would want maybe havner if he there
(http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/aromashodu_devin)

iDolFan
04-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Dwyane SLay S Texas Tech.....special teamer, can block kicks, and its like a monster truck....

Good Call..... He definitely looks to put a hurtin on WR's who dare to come over in the middle!

keithjackson
04-30-2006, 04:44 PM
i cant believe these recievers that remain: greg lee, davin aromasadu, hank baskett, and my number one player out there is Martin Nance:

Martin Nance WR 6’4 213 Miami(OH)
By: Robert Davis
NFL Combine Stats: 40-yard dash - 4.58
When people started to take notice of Ben Roethlisberger his junior year, people had no choice but to notice Big Ben’s top target, sophomore Martin Nance. He absolutely exploded onto the college football map that year with 90 catches for 1,498 yards and 11 touchdowns. As a junior, he was off to another fast start. In the first four games of the 2004 season, Nance had 25 catches for 337 yards, and a touchdown. On the first play of the 5th game that season however, Nance injured his knee and missed the rest of the season. He came back this season looking to re-establish himself. Nance did just that, finishing with 81 receptions, 1,107 yards, for 14 touchdowns.
Martin Nance is a flat out playmaker. At 6’5, with great athleticism, and jumping ability, he is nearly unstoppable in one on one situations. He’s not just big though, he has good straight-line speed. He can get deep, and make plays vertically. Some people questioned if his success in 2003 was due to Roethlisberger, but he showed early on in 2004, and has shown again this year that he is a talent.
Even though he is showing he is back from the knee injury in 2004, it is something teams will look into. Even though the MAC has gained some respect nationally, it still is not the most talented conference out there. With just over two years of experience on the field, he has not faced the most talented corners in college. Nance fits the mold of the big, tall, athletic receiver teams have become enamored with lately. He has all the talent to develop in the NFL. Nance struggled at the combine, running a 4.58 40 and struggling to catch the ball in drills, and that hurt his stock. He should still hear his name called on the first day of the draft

BennyVW
04-30-2006, 04:52 PM
On the clock!

BennyVW
04-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Dee Webb? Hackney, vick?

Blackshade
04-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Dwayne Slay is slower than molasses for a safety, I might invite him as a UFA

Roman529
04-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Rod Wright?

finresurrection
04-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Devin Aromashodu it is

finresurrection
04-30-2006, 05:12 PM
great picks, all 3, in the 7th rd by Saban.