PDA

View Full Version : haha jets got D- from NFL

InSabanWeTrust1
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
. N.Y. Jets selects: D'Brickashaw Ferguson (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/406400), OT, VirginiaGradehttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/jets_smL-1.jpg This is the worst pick of the draft so far. How can this team, with no star quarterback, pass on Matt Leinart? It's unreal. He would have been a star in New York with Eli Manning. Ferguson is overrated. He's not the next Walter Jones.D-

Alex44
04-30-2006, 08:28 PM
The Jets had the best draft in our Divison I wouldnt be laughing

T tes
04-30-2006, 08:36 PM
yeah they got solid players in the draft

Miamifin23
04-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Both the patriots and jets had very very strong drafts. Bills wasn't so bad if you take out the fact they traded up for a guy in the 1st that isn't really worth the pick. They tend to do that a lot I guess, they traded up to get Losman a few years ago, which wasn't very smart.

King Felix
04-30-2006, 08:39 PM
lol they did have the best draft

unifiedtheory
04-30-2006, 08:42 PM
The Jets got 2 starters for their O-line that will solidify that position for the next 10+ years and they get given a "D-"?

Whoever gave them that grade should get an "E".

I thought the Jets had a solid draft. I'm not crazy about the Schlegel pick but you can't hit on everything.

Getting both Mangold and Ferguson was a great move for them.

In_Flames
04-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Getting both Mangold and Ferguson was a great move for them.
:yes: and not so good for us...

BleedinGreenNC
04-30-2006, 09:08 PM
. N.Y. Jets selects: D'Brickashaw Ferguson (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/406400), OT, VirginiaGradehttp://images.sportsline.com/images/football/nfl/2001/helmets/jets_smL.jpg This is the worst pick of the draft so far. How can this team, with no star quarterback, pass on Matt Leinart? It's unreal. He would have been a star in New York with Eli Manning. Ferguson is overrated. He's not the next Walter Jones.D-

Worst pick of the draft?? How long have you been following football?

Sethworld
04-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Dolphins got a B-

Prime
04-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Worst pick of the draft?? How long have you been following football?

He got that from another website.

But that writer doesn't know **** about players. Now I hate the Jets, but giving them a D- is a bunch of bull****.

The writer did give us a B- on the Jason Allen pick though.

InSabanWeTrust1
04-30-2006, 09:15 PM
yeah it was just encouraging that some guy gave that pick a D. but btw.....you can have the greatest line in the world but a 40 year old curtis martin and partick ramsey with who at wr and te?? aren't gonna do Sh*t. they are gonna need playmakers all over the field on offense and defense. who are their des now that abraham is gone? ellis? they have decent linebackers and a bad secondary. Now, they just have a sick line for awhile and its not even guaranteed b/c every pick has bust potential.

COMEBACKRICKY
04-30-2006, 09:17 PM
he gave them a d- because he says that dbrick is overatted and is basicly a bust. great o line are hard to come by, and just cuz you get picked early doenst automaticly make you a great nfl player. in fact, im pretty sure most starting nfl linemen came from picks other than the first round.

SEAFinFan
04-30-2006, 09:20 PM
The Jets got Kellen Clemens who could be really could.

BMulkey
04-30-2006, 10:37 PM
I don't think the Jets had as great a draft as some are saying. D'Brick is good but overrated in my eyes...takes more than great reach to be an elite offensive lineman. Mangold should be good, and he better be, because using a first-round pick on a center that isn't elite would be stupid. Clemens is an interesting pick and that might turn out well, though he really needs to work on his pocket presence.

So the first part of their draft looks pretty average in my eyes, and then you get down to Schlegel, Brad Smith, Leon Washington, some midget corner from TCU...oy.

No one in our division had an outstanding draft. New England did fairly well in terms of talent, but failed to address the need at LB while taking an H-Back and kicker in the middle rounds. The Dolphins made good selections with the picks they had, but didn't have enough picks to make this a very strong draft. Buffalo...well, Ko Simpson and Kyle Williams are nice picks, but the rest was a disaster.

tonto_phin
04-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Prisco is an angry Jets fan

he should recuse himself

Majpain
04-30-2006, 10:48 PM
Is NFL.com onn crack now?

dlockz
05-01-2006, 02:11 AM
he gave them a d- because he says that dbrick is overatted and is basicly a bust. great o line are hard to come by, and just cuz you get picked early doenst automaticly make you a great nfl player. in fact, im pretty sure most starting nfl linemen came from picks other than the first round.

Most of the best linemen are high picks though.

Eliot
05-01-2006, 05:15 AM
Have you really read his article? He rated the Jets with a B!!!

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9408807/5

FansinceJan'72
05-01-2006, 07:05 AM
Well I would trade Allen & Culpepper for Ferguson & Mangold right now but I doubt I would a year from now.