PDA

View Full Version : Ken dorsey vs leinart

H-CanePlayMaker
05-01-2006, 10:11 PM
They hold the 2nd 3rd most winningest qb in collgege history

i think theyre tied

anyway dorsey was a good qb they said he no arm strenght i dont know about that but leianrt doesnt have a stronger arm either

they both had good talent around them evne though leinart had better talent at the rb spot

so what was the scouting difference between these two?
why one in the 7th and one in the 1st?
whats the difference?

Alex44
05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
haha I said this a while ago

Leinart has a little more arm than Ken, but I dont like Leinart as a QB. Arizona was the perfect place for him to go because he wont need great arm strength to be successful there

Personally Id take Dorsey over Leinart if a had a choice of one of the two <----- let the bashing begin

kpcane
05-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Dorsey had Portis and McGahee and Andre Johnson. But I guess you're right, USC's talent may prove to be slightly better than that. Well, I'm not sold on Bush being better than McGahee just yet...but we'll see.

PSU Cane
05-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Nah, Leinart is much better than Ken was. I'm a die hard Canes fan and Dorsey was one of my favorite of all time, but i have to be honest here and say that Leinart is a better QB. Both were REALLY smart guys, students of the game. Dorsey supposedly studied a little more, but he had to b/c he had to make up for his lack of arm strength and mobility. Leinart has a stronger arm, is more accurate, throws with better touch and timing, is bigger, and more mobile. Dorsey's arm has gotten stronger and he has put on weight since turning pro, which is the only reasons he's still in the NFL. But coming out, Leinart was a much better player.

unifiedtheory
05-01-2006, 11:31 PM

Leinart has a little more arm than Ken, but I dont like Leinart as a QB. Arizona was the perfect place for him to go because he wont need great arm strength to be successful there

Personally Id take Dorsey over Leinart if a had a choice of one of the two <----- let the bashing begin
You showed your colors a LONG trime ago on Leinart Alex. Remember, you're the one you said "Leinart should try and be more like me"....worst comment ever uttered on a message board.

Chris Mortensen said during the draft that 20 of the 26 G.M.'s he spoke to had Leinart as the #1 Q.B. on their draft boards. I guess they are all wrong and you're right.

Dorsey was a 7th round pick. He'll never be a Q.B. in the NFL that does ANYTHING more then hold a clipboard.

Matt Leinart was thought of by 70% of KNOWLEDGABLE football people as the BEST Q.B. in the draft and by all rights should have gone #3 in the draft. The only reason he dropped to #10 is because the Titans reached for Vince Young. Leinart still went 10th.

Leinart does'nt have a rifle for an arm but, comparing his arm to Dorsey's is LAUGHABLE.

I'd also like to remind you...after their junior seasons Vince Young had 1 National Championship...Leinart had 2 AND a Heisman Trophy.

Then again, you're also the same kid who thinks Tom Brady is overrated...I happen to think he's the best player in the NFL regardless of position.

I'm glad I'll never have to have this discussion with you again though. Young will flounder on the bench in Tennessee and then show he is a one read and run Q.B. that will fail in the NFL....Leinart will learn for a little while and probably play this year considering Kurt Warner's fragility and FLOURISH in Dennis Green's Q.B. friendly system.

Ken Dorsey over Matt Leinart...:sidelol:

Alex44
05-01-2006, 11:34 PM
You showed your colors a LONG trime ago on Leinart Alex. Remember, you're the one you said "Leinart should try and be more like me"....worst comment ever uttered on a message board.

Chris Mortensen said during the draft that 20 of the 26 G.M.'s he spoke to had Leinart as the #1 Q.B. on their draft boards. I guess they are all wrong and you're right.

Dorsey was a 7th round pick. He'll never be a Q.B. in the NFL that does ANYTHING more then hold a clipboard.

Matt Leinart was thought of by 70% of KNOWLEDGABLE football people as the BEST Q.B. in the draft and by all rights should have gone #3 in the draft. The only reason he dropped to #10 is because the Titans reached for Vince Young. Leinart still went 10th.

Leinart does'nt have a rifle for an arm but, comparing his arm to Dorsey's is LAUGHABLE.

I'd also like to remind you...after their junior seasons Vince Young had 1 National Championship...Leinart had 2 AND a Heisman Trophy.

Then again, you're also the same kid who thinks Tom Brady is overrated...I happen to think he's the best player in the NFL regardless of position.

I'm glad I'll never have to have this discussion with you again though. Young will flounder on the bench in Tennessee and then show he is a one read and run Q.B. that will fail in the NFL....Leinart will learn for a little while and probably play this year considering Kurt Warner's fragility and FLOURISH in Dennis Green's Q.B. friendly system.

Why cant the other 6 be right?

If I had to pick the best place for Leinart to go it was Arizona and If I had to pick the worst place for Young to go it was Tennesse

Vince Young will stare adversity in the face yet again and come out a winner

BTW over the last few years who ran the 49er offense best, I'll give you two hints, it wasnt Tim Rattay or Alex Smith

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-02-2006, 12:45 AM
actually it WAS tim rattay.

dorsey was never as accurate as leinart and never made as good of decisions as leinart. during his senior year actually, dorsey made a ton of mistakes. leinart didn't make mistakes.

Alex44
05-02-2006, 12:49 AM
actually it WAS tim rattay.

dorsey was never as accurate as leinart and never made as good of decisions as leinart. during his senior year actually, dorsey made a ton of mistakes. leinart didn't make mistakes.

Like the INT in the rose bowl? And the other INT that was dropped? Or throwing the ball out of bounds with 0 seconds left on the clock? I dont care what anyone says about that, you NEVER throw the ball out of bounds with no time left when your losing, at least toss it up and hope someone catches it

Leinart makes plently of mistakes, they are just covered up by the rest of the talent at USC

HysterikiLL
05-02-2006, 02:37 AM
:lol:

playmaker1
05-02-2006, 03:56 AM
dorsey ... :sidelol: :sidelol: ... nuf said

dominizzo
05-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Matt Leinart looks NFL ready to me!! I think he will do fine

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Like the INT in the rose bowl? And the other INT that was dropped? Or throwing the ball out of bounds with 0 seconds left on the clock? I dont care what anyone says about that, you NEVER throw the ball out of bounds with no time left when your losing, at least toss it up and hope someone catches it

Leinart makes plently of mistakes, they are just covered up by the rest of the talent at USC :lol:

the first INT was a bad throw, not a mistake. the 2nd one was a mistake. he threw the ball to jarrett on the sidelines at the end of the game.

one mistake is all you could come up with...

Nappy Roots
05-02-2006, 10:26 PM

wow Alex. youve made some quality posts lately and i had began to like you as a poster........this knocks you all the way back to the bottom bro. thats a damn shame.

tylerdolphin
05-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Why cant the other 6 be right?

If I had to pick the best place for Leinart to go it was Arizona and If I had to pick the worst place for Young to go it was Tennesse

Vince Young will stare adversity in the face yet again and come out a winner

BTW over the last few years who ran the 49er offense best, I'll give you two hints, it wasnt Tim Rattay or Alex Smith
Ever since the before Rose Bowl all you have done is bash Leinart and praise up Young. The Ken Dorsey statement was the most foolish thing I have ever read here.

@@@
05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
The Ken Dorsey statement was the most foolish thing I have ever read here.:yeahthat:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-04-2006, 01:14 PM
wow Alex. youve made some quality posts lately and i had began to like you as a poster........this knocks you all the way back to the bottom bro. thats a damn shame.
it's threads like these in general that make me stay in the VIP.

nick1
05-04-2006, 01:23 PM
although I don't like Leinart I will admit that he is much better than Dorsey

kpcane
05-04-2006, 05:42 PM
I haven't watched Leinart play that much, but he has never really impressed me. He seems like a left-handed Tom Brady when he won his first super bowl. Don't get me wrong, I think Tom Brady has come to be the 2nd best qb in the league now, but he didn't do much but dump-off passes in his first year with "nice touch". So maybe if Leinart gets in the right system it could work out for him. I don't think he has the arm strength to be that successful at the pro level. I'm also not sure how seriously he'll take the NFL. I mean come on...the Titans, Jets, Raiders, Lions, and Bills all passed on this guy. He'll be better than Dorsey will ever be though. But he's definitely not as cool as Dorsey.

Retnuhrace
05-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Leinart has better arm strength than Dorsey, and has better accuracy. Leinart has a short, compact, accurate throwing motion, while Dorsey has a long, wind-up type of motion that leads to a lot of erratic throws. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Canes fan, but come on... Leinart is a much better QB than Dorsey.

Motion
05-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Dorsey is one of the, if not thee, most overrated QBs in college football history IMO.

nick1
05-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Leinart has better arm strength than Dorsey, and has better accuracy. Leinart has a short, compact, accurate throwing motion, while Dorsey has a long, wind-up type of motion that leads to a lot of erratic throws. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Canes fan, but come on... Leinart is a much better QB than Dorsey.
I'm not sure if he has more arm strengh, Dorsey has a strong arm and Leinart's is considered weak

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-05-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure if he has more arm strengh, Dorsey has a strong arm and Leinart's is considered weak
okay, time to close the thread. :sidelol:

@@@
05-05-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure if he has more arm strengh, Dorsey has a strong arm and Leinart's is considered weak:sidelol:

Tupac Shakur
05-05-2006, 11:12 AM
ken dorsey and i blazed a swisher together

M14M1F4N
05-05-2006, 03:55 PM
They hold the 2nd 3rd most winningest qb in collgege history

i think theyre tied

anyway dorsey was a good qb they said he no arm strenght i dont know about that but leianrt doesnt have a stronger arm either

they both had good talent around them evne though leinart had better talent at the rb spot

so what was the scouting difference between these two?
why one in the 7th and one in the 1st?
whats the difference?

They were both SYSTEM quaterbacks. I'd take Dorsey over Leinart though. Leinart is too worried about his future Hollywood image.

M14M1F4N
05-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Dorsey is one of the, if not thee, most overrated QBs in college football history IMO.

And Meyer is THE most overrated coach. What's new?

kpcane
05-05-2006, 05:13 PM

How so? He really only lost his first game as a starter, and technically lost his last game. In between...all wins, 1 NC. And don't forget the madness that was created when they didn't get in the NC game his first year. But since we aren't USC we didn't get a share of that title. That still makes me laugh. USC really only won 1 national championship during Leinart's years there. LSU won the BCS national championship game period, so there's no splitting involved. The AP poll was part of the BCS, it has no right to claim its own national champion. Then the coaches poll, and every computer poll could also do the same thing.

djfresh47
05-05-2006, 10:43 PM
How so? He really only lost his first game as a starter, and technically lost his last game. In between...all wins, 1 NC. And don't forget the madness that was created when they didn't get in the NC game his first year. But since we aren't USC we didn't get a share of that title. That still makes me laugh. USC really only won 1 national championship during Leinart's years there. LSU won the BCS national championship game period, so there's no splitting involved. The AP poll was part of the BCS, it has no right to claim its own national champion. Then the coaches poll, and every computer poll could also do the same thing.

Oklahoma should have never been in the title game vs LSU. A team that wasn't a conference champion should not be playing for a national champion. I think USC would have rolled up LSU but because of system that has obvious flaws we will never know. Ken Dorsey was a 7th rd pick I believe and Matt Leinart was a top 10 pick so if they do have similarities most NFL GM's didn't think so.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-06-2006, 12:00 PM
dorsey isn't an overrated college QB. now if someone said he's good in the NFL, then he'd be overrated.

kpcane
05-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Oklahoma should have never been in the title game vs LSU. A team that wasn't a conference champion should not be playing for a national champion. I think USC would have rolled up LSU but because of system that has obvious flaws we will never know. Ken Dorsey was a 7th rd pick I believe and Matt Leinart was a top 10 pick so if they do have similarities most NFL GM's didn't think so.

I agree that Oklahoma had no business being in that game, but I don't think USC would have "rolled up" LSU. But it doesn't matter. They didn't play in the national championship game, so they can't consider themselves the national champions just because one poll (a poll that contributes to the national championship game formula) says so. Leinart won one national championship in my eyes. We'll see how good Leinart is in the NFL. IMO, he is in the absolute best place he could be, so there are no excuses. Don't get me wrong though, I think he could be something.

DBoston80
05-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Lienart didnt fold under pressure when he finally played a defense that got pressure w/o blitzing (2002 Nat'l chmp game) :D

..actually in all honesty Lienart can make more throws than Dorsey can..he basically is just more physically gifted.

kpcane
05-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Lienart didnt fold under pressure when he finally played a defense that got pressure w/o blitzing (2002 Nat'l chmp game) :D

..actually in all honesty Lienart can make more throws than Dorsey can..he basically is just more physically gifted.

I think the only difference is that Leinart didn't play OSU in a national championship game. Oh yeah, Reggie Bush didn't have his knee amputated in the national championship game either.

DBoston80
05-12-2006, 08:55 PM
I think the only difference is that Leinart didn't play OSU in a national championship game. Oh yeah, Reggie Bush didn't have his knee amputated in the national championship game either.

oh..I see...so why did our slow white QB outrush him for 3 quarters??? Oh..EXACTLY!! :sidelol:

jonanthans
05-12-2006, 09:37 PM

Leinert only has 1 National Championship, period. The BCS, whether anyone likes it or dislikes it, is the only legit National Championship. The NCAA does not recognize the AP poll as being the legit National Championship. That is fact. That said, I believe Leinert will be a solid starter for Arizona and Dorsey will be a solid clipboard guy.

unifiedtheory
05-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Leinert only has 1 National Championship, period. The BCS, whether anyone likes it or dislikes it, is the only legit National Championship. The NCAA does not recognize the AP poll as being the legit National Championship. That is fact. That said, I believe Leinert will be a solid starter for Arizona and Dorsey will be a solid clipboard guy.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-13-2006, 10:58 AM
actually he has two.

DBoston80
05-14-2006, 10:08 AM

agreed...by the way love your avatar!

Motion
05-15-2006, 11:51 AM

:yes: I agree, Saban was holding the Crystal football that year, not Leinart.