PDA

View Full Version : Who will go first in the 2007 NFL DRAFT?

PHANTASTIC 13
05-02-2006, 10:08 PM
The experts say it will be Brady Quinn the QB from Notre Dame which comes as no surprise since he had a great year last season. I look for him to have another outstanding season and be in the race for the Heisman trophy.

The player I think should be the number one pick is Ted Ginn Jr. WR from Ohio State. He can do it all... catch the long ball, take a reverse the distance and he also can take it to the house on punt and kick off returns. In my opinion, he is the most exciting player in college football and is a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball.
Keep an eye on him this year and you will see just how dangerous he is...
I wish there was some way the Dolphins could trade up to get him, he would look great in aqua, orange, navy and white. :wink: :dolphins:

CitizenSnips
05-02-2006, 10:09 PM
it won't be brady quinn, not when its all said and done. he's an interesting prospect for sure, but things just never workout that way.

PHANTASTIC 13
05-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Check out CBS article on the 2007 draft, they have Quinn going first overall, as does ESPN and most draft publications.
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9411057

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-02-2006, 10:16 PM
brady quinn easily. he really has no negatives.

CitizenSnips
05-02-2006, 10:18 PM
brady quinn easily. he really has no negatives.

once upon a time, the world said that about lienart...

Caps
05-02-2006, 10:27 PM
It all depends on who has the first pick.

nick1
05-02-2006, 10:30 PM
once upon a time, the world said that about lienart...
Leinart sucks, he is going to be a bust and that why he didn't get drafted until tenth overall. teams see that he's not all that he's cracked up to be. Quinn is the real deal, he's not a product of an NFL team in college. he can hit the deep ball unlike Leinart

PHANTASTIC 13
05-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Let's not forget that they don't have Ted Ginn Jr. listed because he will be a junior next year and we have to wait to see if he will enter the Draft...he could be number one.
Look at his stats in the Fiesta Bowl against none other than Notre Dame...

Rushing he had 2 attempts for 73 yards for an agerage of 36.5 per carry and 1 TD.

Receiving he had 8 receptions for 167 yards for an average of 20.9 per catch and 1 TD.

Totals he had 240 yards and 2 TD's.

That's a big WOW!!! :D :dolphins:

RunRonnieRun23
05-02-2006, 10:37 PM
After Quinn wins the heisman he'll be the first pick...2 bad we wont have a shot atem.. hes gonna be the real deal.:dolphins:

Nappy Roots
05-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Calvin Johnson

PHANTASTIC 13
05-02-2006, 10:45 PM
After Quinn wins the hiesman he'll be the first pick...2 bad we wont have a shot atem.. hes gonna be the real deal.:dolphins:
I wouldn't mind seeing Brady Quinn at QB in Miami, but I still would rather have Ted Ginn Jr., the guy is awesome.

LIQUID24
05-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Leinart sucks, he is going to be a bust and that why he didn't get drafted until tenth overall. teams see that he's not all that he's cracked up to be.

That doesn't make any sense. If he sucks so much, why did he go in the top 10 at all? And why did 20 out of 25 GM's rate him as their #1 QB (according to Mort)?

Anyway, I don't think Ginn has any shot whatsoever to be the #1 pick. Top 10 maybe, but not #1.

Brady Quinn is obviously the frontrunner.

Other guys that have a legit shot at #1 are Brian Brohm, Joe Thomas, Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson.

Jimmy James
05-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Calvin Johnson

If we think the Niners are going to pick first (and they'd be a popular choice for that), Calvin Johnson is a lock. Same goes for just about any team that has taken a QB high in the past two drafts.

If the team is in need of a QB, it would probably be Quinn.

beejay05
05-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Calvin Johnson
Agreed, and even more so considering the first pick could easily go to Green Bay, 49ers, BUffalo, Tennessee, or the Texans....all of which could really use a reciver, save the Texans.

Roman529
05-02-2006, 11:34 PM
You guys are forgetting Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma.

Phins28
05-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Adrian Peterson

dominizzo
05-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Calvin Johnsone 1000%

agree

Majpain
05-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Quinn.

Miamifin23
05-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Please stop. If Adrian Peterson comes out it will probably be him. It all depends on how everyone does next year in college. There will be some guys that no one has heard of that will step in to the top 10.

nick1
05-03-2006, 10:39 AM
That doesn't make any sense. If he sucks so much, why did he go in the top 10 at all? And why did 20 out of 25 GM's rate him as their #1 QB (according to Mort)?

Anyway, I don't think Ginn has any shot whatsoever to be the #1 pick. Top 10 maybe, but not #1.

Other guys that have a legit shot at #1 are Brian Brohm, Joe Thomas, Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson.
Leinart isn't as good as people think. why do you think Tenn. took Young over Leinart? because Young is better and why did teams in need of a QB like NYJ and OAK pass on Leinart? he's overrated and will be a bust

Philter25
05-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Tennessee is going to be picking 1st overall. Vince Young was thrown into a HORRIBLE situation. McNair will be gone and he can learn from Billy Volek. :lol: If Tennessee decides to play trial by fire with Young, they wont win 4 games this year.

I would say Peterson but that depends on how LenDale White does this year. They wont take Brady Quinn because they pretty much had to take Vince Young and cant give up on him after 1 year.

Therefore I think they take whoever is the top impact player thats NOT a QB or RB. :lol:

nick1
05-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Tennessee is going to be picking 1st overall. Vince Young was thrown into a HORRIBLE situation. McNair will be gone and he can learn from Billy Volek. :lol: If Tennessee decides to play trial by fire with Young, they wont win 4 games this year.

I would say Peterson but that depends on how LenDale White does this year. They wont take Brady Quinn because they pretty much had to take Vince Young and cant give up on him after 1 year.

Therefore I think they take whoever is the top impact player thats NOT a QB or RB. :lol:
do you hate Vince Young? Young is a very good QB but still you down him. he has done nothing but great things on the football field. Young would have a great year if he started as a rookie. he will make some great plays, just you watch

Philter25
05-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Leinart isn't as good as people think. why do you think Tenn. took Young over Leinart? because Young is better and why did teams in need of a QB like NYJ and OAK pass on Leinart? he's overrated and will be a bust

says the man who doesnt think Vince Young has mechanics problems. Tennessee took Young because he has upside. They are not looking to be competitive for a good 2-3 years. Young has great athleticism but a TON of problems that need to be worked on for 2-3 years. Leinart is more polished coming out of college and could jump in a system and succeed MUCH faster than Young could.

Tennessee sees his athleticism and his problems and knows he needs a good 2-3 years of work to correct his mechanics, ability to make more than 1 read, ability to play in different formations. etc. etc. etc.

They view him in the LONG TERM as having more potential than Leinart. With Leinart, what you see is what you get, he isnt as rough around the edges. With Young, they think that he has the chance to be better with a LOT of work. Only time will tell if it will be a good pick or not.

Personally, I think they both struggle and Cutler is the best QB of the bunch.

Philter25
05-03-2006, 11:10 AM
do you hate Vince Young? Young is a very good QB but still you down him. he has done nothing but great things on the football field. Young would have a great year if he started as a rookie. he will make some great plays, just you watch

I dont hate Young but anyone who thinks he is in a good situation in Tennessee is GREATLY mistaken. He was one of my top 5 fav college players to watch. If Young starts as a rookie, he will NOT have a great year. :lol: Read my other post. Im not going to even attempt to debate and explain why to you because I know from previous debates its a lost cause. :lol:

nick1
05-03-2006, 11:14 AM
I agree Cutler could be better than both of them, he has the arm strengh that Leinart doesn't have and he is accurate and mobile

Noodle Arm
05-03-2006, 11:18 AM
I personally don't care since the Dolphins won't be even close to choosing first :tongue:

Seriously though all the names being thrown around so far are good choices

Ginn: EXCELLENT receiver, not sure he'd be #1 though. Receivers aren't usually chosen as the first pick, but many people said that about defensive ends...and look what happened.

Calvin Johnson: I said it on here during his freshman season...I feel Johnson is going to have an impact in the NFL much like Randy Moss did his rookie season. NO I'm not saying he'll be as great or have a record breaking season like Moss did, but I think 5-6 years from now teams will be saying "we want to draft a Calvin Jackson type of WR." I think he's that good.

Adrian Peterson: I know people are down on him after a "disappointing" sophomore season, but I've seen Peterson do things that other runningbacks can't do...in college AND the NFL. He's a special talent and will be a stud RB as a pro.

Quinn: Without a doubt the top choice at QB. Excellent size, cannon arm, good football smarts...should be a franchise QB.

@@@
05-03-2006, 12:22 PM

Other guys that have a legit shot at #1 are Brian Brohm, Joe Thomas, Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson.Can't argue with that, thats all the guys i'd throw in at this stage

ibemacin
05-03-2006, 01:44 PM

YUP

Jimmy James
05-03-2006, 01:56 PM
YUP

NOPE

If Reggie Bush can't even go first, what makes any of you think Peterson will? :shakeno:

Finsrage
05-03-2006, 03:26 PM

that would be my guess. all depends whos picking first.

Mike13
05-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Quinn or Peterson

BE GOOD
05-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Of course you say Quinn, but things never work out like they expected to.

djfresh47
05-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Depends who has the 1st pick. If it's a Qb the obvious choice is Quinn but if Brian Brohm returns from his knee injury I think he could challenge to be the top Qb taken.

Shula Come Back!
05-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Right now the obvious pick is Quinn (assuming the #1 pick belongs to a team that needs a QB), but there is a long time and a lot can happen between now and then.

newlownorder
05-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Quinn to the Buffalo Bills #1 overall....lol........no they will reach on a player.

NorFlaFin
05-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Greg Carr WR FSU 6'6" with speed. A fomer basketball player just throw it up and he comes down with it.
As soon as he learns what a pass route is..........

SEAFinFan
05-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Calvin Johnson

:yes:

This kid is what Reggie Bush was called (a man playing with boys) however he's doing it on a team that is not very good.

Psychosikes
05-03-2006, 08:37 PM
i think it will be someone not even on our radars at the moment... but what do we care? We'll be picking late and I would absolutely love the guy they have at #32 (coincidence?) tom zbikowski. I kinda thought he was going pro in boxing, but if he doesn't...

djfresh47
05-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Quinn to the Buffalo Bills #1 overall....lol........no they will reach on a player.

I actually think the Bills will be in contention for the top pick. If they ended up picking 1st overall it would be Joe Thomas.

djfresh47
05-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Please stop. If Adrian Peterson comes out it will probably be him. It all depends on how everyone does next year in college. There will be some guys that no one has heard of that will step in to the top 10.

Adrian Peterson is great when he's on the field he has had some injury issues and seems to run straight up; those are probably his two biggest flaws.

CRAZYDOLFAN305
05-03-2006, 11:35 PM
The experts say it will be Brady Quinn the QB from Notre Dame which comes as no surprise since he had a great year last season. I look for him to have another outstanding season and be in the race for the Heisman trophy.

The player I think should be the number one pick is Ted Ginn Jr. WR from Ohio State. He can do it all... catch the long ball, take a reverse the distance and he also can take it to the house on punt and kick off returns. In my opinion, he is the most exciting player in college football and is a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball.
Keep an eye on him this year and you will see just how dangerous he is...
I wish there was some way the Dolphins could trade up to get him, he would look great in aqua, orange, navy and white. :wink: :dolphins:

You got that right..He's a monster..

randy9
05-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Another thing Quinn may have going for him is he was able to preform at a high level even through system/coaching changes. Too often a player becomes great because of the system he's in an then flops in the nfl.

Montella
05-15-2006, 10:33 PM

yeah, if he declares for next years draft...

saves
05-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Let's not forget that they don't have Ted Ginn Jr. listed because he will be a junior next year and we have to wait to see if he will enter the Draft...he could be number one.
Look at his stats in the Fiesta Bowl against none other than Notre Dame...

Rushing he had 2 attempts for 73 yards for an agerage of 36.5 per carry and 1 TD.

Receiving he had 8 receptions for 167 yards for an average of 20.9 per catch and 1 TD.

Totals he had 240 yards and 2 TD's.

That's a big WOW!!! :D :dolphins:

Yea...only if he learns how to run a route other than the fade and a screen.

Boik14
05-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Based on ability and positional value to a team it should be quinn. If a team like SF gets that 1st pick though its going to be Johnson since sf already has their qb for the next 10 years.

dominizzo
05-16-2006, 01:56 AM
How Bout Calvin Johnson

DonShula84
05-16-2006, 02:12 AM
I dont see Ted Ginn as the #1 overall pick. He doesnt seem like a #1 WR to me, more like a great deep threat, home run hitter. But he has a lot to prove before he can be considered #1 overall pick imo

PeaTearGriffin
05-16-2006, 09:07 AM
lets not forget that last year was only teddy's 2nd year as a WR...he came to OSU as a CB(which i would like to see him play someday, but i understand why they won't put him there)

but i still don't see him as the number 1 pick, i would take calvin johnson over him

Batman13
05-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Without a doubt, Calvin Johnson is the best option. He is at least as good of a prospect as Fitzgerald was.

FinaticalOne
05-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I don't think Brady Quinn will be the first pick because the choice will be based on team need. The potential teams that will end up having the #1 pick are: San Fran (Alex Smith), Houston (David Carr), GB (Aaron Rodgers), Oak (Aaron Brooks), New Orleans (Drew Brees), Det (Josh McCown & Jon Kitna), NYJ (Chad Pennington & Patrick Ramsey), and Tenn (Vince Young). Now if you look at these teams, all but two team has recently invested an early #1 pick on a QB. The other two have invested big contracts this year on young experienced QBs. Having said that, I don't see Quinn #1 next year. My early choices for the #1 pick are:

1. Calvin Johnson - The idea WR in todays NFL. He can do it all. I like Ted Ginn, but I like Johnson more.

2. Adrian Peterson - He will rebound this year from his injury, and will win the Heisman.

Boomer
05-16-2006, 01:58 PM
The top pick will of course depend on the team that's picking. But you'd have to make a pretty strong case for Quinn, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas if healthy and one of the defensive ends. But if Peterson has a similar year to his freshman campaign, it'll be very hard to see him getting picked anywhere other than 1st. He was monstrous in the spring and is back to full health.

Boomer
05-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Adrian Peterson is great when he's on the field he has had some injury issues and seems to run straight up; those are probably his two biggest flaws.

What do you mean 'straight up'? In that he's an upright runner or he runs only in a straight line?

djphinfan
05-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Adrian Peterson that dude is one baaaaad mo fo

Kdawg954
05-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Yea man, Peterson is just as explosive as Reggie Bush at the position, just with a prototype NFL RB body . . . if he can prove is durability this year and avoid being injured, he has to be the pick. Quinn is nice but 2 things he needs to do this year and one of those things he can't do. Improve from last year . . which even if he duplicates what he did last year, that will be amazing. Secondly prove that he is not a system QB . . . he won't be able to show that its more Charlie Weiss's system that has him successful than anything else. It's not a major issue, but its a question on him. Overall I just feel Peterson is like a Bo Jackson type of RB, and u cant pass that up.

Alex44
05-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Calvin Johnson

I second that

That kid is nasty, he will be a better WR than either Larry Fitzgerald or Braylon Edwards

Mark my words

basaltrock
05-29-2006, 11:37 AM
In NCAA Football 2006 for me, Ted Ginn Jr. won 3 straight Heismans and broke every college receiving record. If that doesn't make him an auto 1st pick, I dunno what will!

Kdawg954
05-29-2006, 01:07 PM
In NCAA Football 2006 for me, Ted Ginn Jr. won 3 straight Heismans and broke every college receiving record. If that doesn't make him an auto 1st pick, I dunno what will!

Ginn is the one guy that could make huge strides this year . . he looked like he was comming on late, if him and Troy Smith are on the same page this year, he could do some real nice things year for the Buckeyes. I would never take him out of number one pick talk . . . too much potential there.

Static387
06-02-2006, 11:42 AM
I recall hearing Ted Ginn Sr. will not let Jr. leave early for the NFL.

PhinsRock
06-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Doesn't matter, we'll be drafting 32nd next year!

In Saban We Trust!

305TillIDie
06-02-2006, 01:14 PM
yeah..calvin jackson

hes big and he has nice speed..i wouldnt be suprised if he went #1..after seeing him in person vs miami at the orange bowl last year, that kid is the real deal

305TillIDie
06-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Doesn't matter, we'll be drafting 32nd next year!

In Saban We Trust!dont jinx us:wink:

HybridPHIN 23
06-27-2006, 12:20 AM
i just looked up Calvin johnson only to learn that Kelly Campbell is GTs all-time leader in every significant WR stat.

fins5423
06-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Well I think it will be Quinn, unless some juniors come out.....

Louiville - Brian Brohm
Michigan - Chad Henne

Dr.Rad
07-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Marshawn Lynch is so dogg, its not even funny... I think he could be #1. Calvin Johnson-WR (GT) is also in the mix too, but WRs generally don't go #1 overall. Brohm?? I'll veto. Peterson is nasty too, but I like Lynch better.

finfan27
07-03-2006, 03:27 AM
brady quinn

Dors156
07-03-2006, 09:43 AM
its to early to tell but i say either quinn or jarret.i would say jarrett definately but i hesitated becuase of the QB situation at usc.

Boomer
07-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Brady Quinn would have to have a mediocre year for him not to go 1 unless of course the team picking 1st is set at QB.

Peterson is better than Lynch.

Johnson is better than Jarrett