PDA

View Full Version : Flight 93

NewEra8
05-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Just got done watching it with my girlfriend and I just have to say, it's a movie that everybody should see. An eye opener to say the least and something that reminds us of what the country went through which a lot of us have already forgotten... I deffinitely recomend you watch it... It's on DVD for like $9...

Slappy8800
05-02-2006, 11:38 PM
on DVD? it was just released last week

i refuse to watch this movie...its still too fresh in my mind...had too many sleepless nights because of it.ill keep my 9.50

NewEra8
05-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Yeah it's on DVD for 9 dollars... I'll admit, I cried...

Slappy8800
05-02-2006, 11:42 PM
what the? where? it has to be a bootleg

NewEra8
05-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Walmart, CircuitCity... everywhere... I believe its a non-profit movie or somethin' along those lines...

Cool Calm Mike
05-03-2006, 12:01 AM
He's talking about the TV movie.

dominizzo
05-03-2006, 12:13 AM
I wonnnt watch it Its too sad

NewEra8
05-03-2006, 12:27 AM
He's talking about the TV movie.
It might be, Im not sure... but its still a great DVD

Clark Kent
05-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Also, A&E did a flight 93 (the same name) movie awhile back. It's not going to be any different.

Slappy8800
05-03-2006, 12:28 AM
ok i knew it couldnt be the one that just came out

Buddwalk
05-03-2006, 01:03 AM
its A&E made for tv movie...I saw it the night it was released

Very Very Good...I highly recommend it as well

I made a thread monthes ago when it was released actually

CharlestonPhan
05-03-2006, 09:21 AM
on DVD? it was just released last week

i refuse to watch this movie...its still too fresh in my mind...had too many sleepless nights because of it.ill keep my 9.50

the version that is out on DVD is the straight to cable (A & E network i believe), released earlier this year. from what ive heard the theatrical movie is better.

everyone should watch these movies. IMO we should never forget, and even be slapped in the face with the reality of what happened that day from time to time.

oops i see several others beat me to it... my bad.

UltraDol-Fan
05-03-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm not going to see it either. Still too soon for me.

DrAstroZoom
05-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Believe it or not, these two movies are VERY different in their approach. I've seen both.

"Flight 93" (the A&E movie) is told from the point of view of several of the more-celebrated passengers (Todd Beamer, etc.). They are shown getting ready for the flight, talking to their loved ones after the hijacking, etc. It has much more of a Hollywood feel because of the focus on characters.

"United 93" on the other hand, is told in very much a documentary style. It is shot in virtual real time. It also places Flight 93 more in the context of the entire day's events, as we are given extensive glimpses into the FAA's process of determining what was going on, as well as its frustrating attempts at coordinating information-gathering with the military.

Remarkably, several air traffic controllers play themselves, and the then-head of the FAA, Ben Sliney (whose first day on the job was 9/11) plays himself as well.

mor911
05-03-2006, 10:50 AM
The Mor refuses to watch this movie... There was a big thing at work the other day about this. I said, screw that movie... Nobody should profit on those people's stories or deaths. The folks at work said, "The family of the victims is urging everyone to see it so you can see what really happened and that they're heroes..." Well, The Mor asks you... Who do you think sold the story to the movie studios? Who do you think get's rich when the movie sells out every weekend... The same "family" that's urging the american populace to see the movie.

I'm not watching it.

DrAstroZoom
05-03-2006, 10:58 AM
The fact is that these events are integral to the history of our country. You might as well say no one should have made a movie about Pearl Harbor or the Holocaust.

Well ok ... "Pearl Harbor" shouldn't have been made, but you get the gist.

UCFinfan86
05-03-2006, 11:47 AM
last night i tried to Download United 93, but i downloaded somethign else that showed a bunch of clips and was a very very very persuasive movie. It showed GREAT evidence that the government planned this and that a plane didn't hit the pentagon. Idk what to beleive but i was just wondering if any one else caught this? I use bearshare and it was the first one that came up when i typed in United 93

Buddwalk
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
The Mor refuses to watch this movie... There was a big thing at work the other day about this. I said, screw that movie... Nobody should profit on those people's stories or deaths. The folks at work said, "The family of the victims is urging everyone to see it so you can see what really happened and that they're heroes..." Well, The Mor asks you... Who do you think sold the story to the movie studios? Who do you think get's rich when the movie sells out every weekend... The same "family" that's urging the american populace to see the movie.

I'm not watching it.

Sorry mor dont take this anyway offensively just making a point

Im sure you've watched movies on pearl harbor, wwII, wwI, and other wars...Those movies were all profitting from peoples deaths but Im sure you've atleast a couple. Jeesh the movie the Schindler's List is about the halocaust and spielberg didnt give any of the proceeds to any jewish families.
You cant stop hollywood from making a movie...atleast a good ammount of the proceeds are going to families of 9/11...instead of being directly pocketed like other movies

Buddwalk
05-03-2006, 12:30 PM
last night i tried to Download United 93, but i downloaded somethign else that showed a bunch of clips and was a very very very persuasive movie. It showed GREAT evidence that the government planned this and that a plane didn't hit the pentagon. Idk what to beleive but i was just wondering if any one else caught this? I use bearshare and it was the first one that came up when i typed in United 93

Best thing to do would be to maybe upload it on a free filesharing website like www.putfile.com (http://www.putfile.com) or www.myfilestash.com (http://www.myfilestash.com) and share it with us :wink: :wink: :wink:

UCFinfan86
05-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Best thing to do would be to maybe upload it on a free filesharing website like www.putfile.com (http://www.putfile.com) or www.myfilestash.com (http://www.myfilestash.com) and share it with us :wink: :wink: :wink:

damn i already deleted it, it takes liek 4 hours to download, im in the process of downloading the real movie that is in thetaers now(i hope), but if i get a chance ill download it again and put it on one of those websites. I only watched for the first 45 minutes cuz i was disappointed that it wasnt the one i was looking for but the first 45 minutes were very persusive

UCFinfan86
05-03-2006, 12:49 PM
hmm nevermind its still in my recycle bin. let me try one of those websites

UCFinfan86
05-03-2006, 01:06 PM
holy **** its going to take like a day to upload the file. its 750,000 KB and it says 25MB takes 50 minutes

UCFinfan86
05-03-2006, 02:26 PM
ok forget that, its taking forever. The new one i downloaded is the same one as the first. i cant find it anywhere. Does anyone know where i can get a bootleg version of that movie or any movie?

Buddwalk
05-03-2006, 02:30 PM
ok forget that, its taking forever. The new one i downloaded is the same one as the first. i cant find it anywhere. Does anyone know where i can get a bootleg version of that movie or any movie?

Finheaven in no shape or form is involved or will be involved with any advice or direct direction of any illegal p2p programs where you can download music, movies, and programs. :wink: :wink: :wink:

DrAstroZoom
05-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Sorry mor dont take this anyway offensively just making a point

Im sure you've watched movies on pearl harbor, wwII, wwI, and other wars...Those movies were all profitting from peoples deaths but Im sure you've atleast a couple. Jeesh the movie the Schindler's List is about the halocaust and spielberg didnt give any of the proceeds to any jewish families.
You cant stop hollywood from making a movie...atleast a good ammount of the proceeds are going to families of 9/11...instead of being directly pocketed like other movies

Get Buddwalk preaching the Gospel of Zoom!