PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive Unlimited (XBox 360)

Agent51
05-03-2006, 10:34 AM
This game looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I really don't know what else to say about it, except that I can't friggin wait til June!!!!

Here is a 6 page article on it (it's more like 2 1/2-3 pages of reading, because there are huge screen shots breaking up the reading):

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=5233&page=1

And here is the IGN preview, with TONS of screen shots and videos:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/704/704398p1.html

FINALLY a game with REAL "real world" locations, not like Midnight Club where their "real world" locations were just a place with a bunch of random streets and highways and then they throw in a few notable landmarks and then call it that location. This is ACTUALLY real, it's satellite-mapped and topographically correct (think True Crime LA/NY except with exotic cars). The best part is that it's real mapped to O'ahu, MY Island in Hawai'i!!!!. I cannot wait. Anyone else here with XBox can buy or rent this game and then cruise around Hawai'i in a Ferrari or a Lambo, and it won't cost you $1,000 a day like it does to rent them here :lol:. I wonder if I will be able to drive like into my own driveway, or if it is exactly like True Crimes where all the streets are there 100% but every single building isn't 100% recreated, it's more like it's just a representation and then all the famous landmarks are there. IDK, check it out guys, I've NEVER been this excited over a friggin video game before (not even the recently-announced Guitar Hero II http://ps2.ign.com/articles/701/701726p1.html), lol.

Pagan
05-03-2006, 11:48 AM
WOW!!!! Man, I'll be getting this as soon as I can!

The only thing I don't like is that - like with alot of other driving games - you can slam into something at 150 mph and keep driving. :wall:

UltraDol-Fan
05-03-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm definitely picking this up too, the multiplayer should be awesome

dQbell
05-03-2006, 02:45 PM
I too really like the concept of being able to "walk into a bar" and chat with people before races etc. It's a neat touch. However, Test-Drive hasn't made an above average game (IMO) for some time now.

dQbell
05-03-2006, 02:51 PM
I was just watching the videos at IGN, and one of the drivers had someone in their passenger seat. I wonder if you can join someone online like that. That'd be cool.

Agent51
05-04-2006, 10:11 AM
I was just watching the videos at IGN, and one of the drivers had someone in their passenger seat. I wonder if you can join someone online like that. That'd be cool.

Someone on the IGN message board asked that, like if you could ride along with someone and stuff, but then they were like "what would the point be?" lol. It WOULD be cool to be the passenger in a friends car while he does soem crazy driving, but I just don't see that being put in the game, it would be a waste of space, and they say the Island itself takes up 4-4.5GB of space

Pagan
05-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Now if they'd allow you to get laid in the back seat....:lol:

Agent51
05-04-2006, 06:21 PM

That would be IMPOSSIBLE in a Ferrari or Lambo, so they'd have to let you get out and use the hood :D

dQbell
05-04-2006, 07:15 PM

lol..

Seriously though, I always wondered when we would see a real life crime game. Something with the GTA theme running through it. Complete with druglords, driveby shootings. A MMO gangster movie would be pretty wild.

Agent51
05-04-2006, 08:41 PM
lol..

Seriously though, I always wondered when we would see a real life crime game. Something with the GTA theme running through it. Complete with druglords, driveby shootings. A MMO gangster movie would be pretty wild.

True Crime? That's pretty much what it is, you just get to do good guy missions too. You can take any cars you want, you an shoot from the cars, you can kill/rough up people on the street, and the cops will come after you, the worse you get the more they come. There are druglords in the storylines, and if you choose you can arrest people and be a good cop too, plus it's set in real settings. It's pretty much what you described. I agree though, I want GTA but in a real place, like TRUE CRIME real, not like "based on" real

dQbell
05-04-2006, 08:52 PM
True Crime? That's pretty much what it is, you just get to do good guy missions too. You can take any cars you want, you an shoot from the cars, you can kill/rough up people on the street, and the cops will come after you, the worse you get the more they come. There are druglords in the storylines, and if you choose you can arrest people and be a good cop too, plus it's set in real settings. It's pretty much what you described. I agree though, I want GTA but in a real place, like TRUE CRIME real, not like "based on" real

Was True Crime online? I didn't think it was (never gave it much attention) I was thinking of an online experience.

Agent51
05-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Was True Crime online? I didn't think it was (never gave it much attention) I was thinking of an online experience.

Oh, lol, I misread that online part. No, True Crime wasn't online. I'd like to see GTA just in a real place and online, so you can make gangs and stuff like that, like a MMO GTA. It's be cool to wanna join a gang and have to get beat in, where there is a time limit and everyone just beats on you and you have to keep your health til the end. They could do SO much with GTA online.

Slappy8800
05-04-2006, 10:28 PM
i want a realistic cop game...where you patrol and stuff. give out tickets and stuff

Agent51
05-04-2006, 11:16 PM
i want a realistic cop game...where you patrol and stuff. give out tickets and stuff

Let's take it one step further and make it SO realistic that you can be a meter maid. Just walk up and down the same block for 8 hours and write tickets for expired meters and deal wth people screaming, and then have that guy from MTV's "Jackass" randomly pop out here and there in his ballerina/fairy outfit and go fill the meters and you have to chase him away.

This thread got SO off-topic :lol:

Pagan
05-05-2006, 07:03 AM
That would be IMPOSSIBLE in a Ferrari or Lambo, so they'd have to let you get out and use the hood :D
I did that on a '77 Trans Am once...."put ya butt on da bird, baby!" :lol:

Oh man, off topic again....:wink:

Agent51
05-05-2006, 09:57 AM
I did that on a '77 Trans Am once...."put ya butt on da bird, baby!" :lol:

Oh man, off topic again....:wink:

:lol:, car sex is awesome. I've done it on the hood of an Aston Martin in the POURING, and I mean POURING, rain out here. I've also done it over the hood of a car back in Rhode Island during a BLIZZARD. That wasn't as fun as the pouring rain on a $70,000 car in Hawai'i, lol, but not many people can say they had sex on the hood of a car in a blizzard :cooldude: