PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi Man vs American Teenager - WAR DEBATE

Muck
03-16-2003, 09:47 PM
This little girl gets OWNED!! Everyone who's involved in the war debates needs to listen to this.

http://komo1000news.com/audio/kvi_aircheck_031003.mp3

Kamikaze
03-16-2003, 09:53 PM
I'm on 56K, can you give me the jist until I can download this?

Muck
03-16-2003, 10:42 PM
In a nutshell, this girl has been on a radio show for about 45 minutes talking anti-war. Then this Iraqi man challenges her to explain how exactly leaving Saddam in power promotes peace and justice in Iraq......and she can't fire back. She can only muster a "innocent people will die". He responds with "yes, a small amount will. My cousins might die. But 2 million already have by Saddam's hand. And you are guaranteed civilian deaths under Saddam"

This is a man who lived in Iraq under Saddam's regime and fled to America. He continues to call her out and she skirts the question. This girl has NO BUSINESS lecturing a man from Iraq on what needs to be done.

He also adds that the Iraqi people are ready for change and will welcome America's help with open arms.....and that Saddam is a "pretend Muslim".

Kamikaze
03-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Muck
In a nutshell, this girl has been on a radio show for about 45 minutes talking anti-war. Then this Iraqi man challenges her to explain how exactly leaving Saddam in power promotes peace and justice in Iraq......and she can't fire back. She can only muster a "innocent people will die". He responds with "yes, a small amount will. My cousins might die. But 2 million already have by Saddam's hand. And you are guaranteed civilian deaths under Saddam"

This is a man who lived in Iraq under Saddam's regime and fled to America. He continues to call her out and she skirts the question. This girl has NO BUSINESS lecturing a man from Iraq on what needs to be done.

He also adds that the Iraqi people are ready for change and will welcome America's help with open arms.....and that Saddam is a "pretend Muslim".

Unfortunately we won't know for sure how the Iraqi people will react to American occupation until our tanks and soldiers are in the streets of Baghdad.

I haven't yet listened to this, but unless this person who challenged this girl is proven to be Iraqi, I'd be concerned of whether or not he pretended to be Iraqi for propaganda purposes. If he is truly Iraqi, then I'd definitely like to know when he fled the country and what he did while he lived there. For all we know he could have had some personal grudge against Saddam, and now is going to feel vindicated by a war. If the man didn't especially care about his people then, he probably won't now, and thus any casualties to seek revenge would be justified in his mind. If the man really is was regular old Iraqi civillian, who fled fairly recently, then I'll take his opinion more seriously. If the man wasn't an Iraqi citizen, or fled two decades ago, I'm not going to as much.

If my questions aren't answered after listening to this, I'll remain skeptical until someone can prove me otherwise.

Muck
03-16-2003, 11:56 PM
That's kind of a weak argument, Chi. Even if the guy wasn't an Iraqi, he still brought concrete points to the table. Iraqi or not, that girl couldn't answer his question....nor could any poster on this board. You're addressing everything except the point......just like that girl on the radio. This is a major problem I have with a lot of the stuff I hear and read from the "Pro-Peace" side of the fence.

As for personal grudges against Saddam, that's a "grasping for straws" tactic if I ever saw one. I think most of the planet bears a personal grudge against Saddam. Especially his own people. Surely you can't be serious.

This guy cares about his people. He said "Allah forbid" when speaking of potential casualties his family may suffer. But like he said, they've already lost 2 million. You're going to continue to lose civilians anyway. But by doing so in an invasion, you prevent further casualties in the future.

ohall
03-17-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by chicagodolphan
Unfortunately we won't know for sure how the Iraqi people will react to American occupation until our tanks and soldiers are in the streets of Baghdad.

I haven't yet listened to this, but unless this person who challenged this girl is proven to be Iraqi, I'd be concerned of whether or not he pretended to be Iraqi for propaganda purposes. If he is truly Iraqi, then I'd definitely like to know when he fled the country and what he did while he lived there. For all we know he could have had some personal grudge against Saddam, and now is going to feel vindicated by a war. If the man didn't especially care about his people then, he probably won't now, and thus any casualties to seek revenge would be justified in his mind. If the man really is was regular old Iraqi civillian, who fled fairly recently, then I'll take his opinion more seriously. If the man wasn't an Iraqi citizen, or fled two decades ago, I'm not going to as much.

If my questions aren't answered after listening to this, I'll remain skeptical until someone can prove me otherwise.

No offense, but I'm always amazed how your mind works. It seems you question everything on our side and make excuses for everything on the other side. I find that fascinating, really.

Oliver...

Muck
03-17-2003, 12:06 AM
People love to point at America's "other" reasons for invading Iraq. But they also love to ignore France's reasons for NOT doing so.

Wanna know why Spain is an allie and not France?? Because Spain is not economically tied to Iraq.

ohall
03-17-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Muck
People love to point at America's "other" reasons for invading Iraq. But they also love to ignore France's reasons for NOT doing so.

Wanna know why Spain is an allie and not France?? Because Spain is not economically tied to Iraq.

I think that's a main reason, but also I think they are looking to gain favor with us. Something France wouldn’t understand the 1st thing about. For some odd reason France still thinks itself relevant, and a world power. This is the quickest way to become without a doubt irrelevant.

All France has done for 12-years is reject anything that involves Iraq being held accountable to the cease fire and the UN resolutions that allowed us to go along with the Gulf war cease fire.

What's also amazing is how Clinton went along with the Blixx approval in the UN. Blixx is more concerned with global warming, and that is not new news when it is concerning Blixx. It's a shame Clinton didn’t fight when he should have fought, he simply caved in and allowed Russia and France to get their guy in there. What a shame for the UN.

Oliver...

Scrap
03-17-2003, 09:27 AM
Yeah, yeah... another Clinton sucks post......Yawn.

ohall
03-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by va dolfan
Yeah, yeah... another Clinton sucks post......Yawn.
Very true, it was quite a boring and obvious time in history.

Oliver...

Scrap
03-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Good comeback.;)

PhinPhan1227
03-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by chicagodolphan

One thing to consider Chi is that in Iraq you have a minority ruling a majority. Any time you have that situation, you're almost always going to have numerical support for change. Ask yourself whether the majority of South Africa's population would have supported a regime change prior to the end of Aparthied.

t2thejz
03-18-2003, 06:43 PM
so far every iraq citizen ive seen talk has wanted us to go to war against iraq

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by t2thejz
so far every iraq citizen ive seen talk has wanted us to go to war against iraq

You mean ex-Iraqi Citizen.. I doubt anybody that is still stuck there would openly admit to beeing anti-saddam for fear of what he'd do to them and their families.

But I get what your saying and agree wholeheartedly.

PhinPhan1227
03-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Barbarian
You mean ex-Iraqi Citizen.. I doubt anybody that is still stuck there would openly admit to beeing anti-saddam for fear of what he'd do to them and their families.

But I get what your saying and agree wholeheartedly.

Not disagreeing, but expounding....if you listen to Iraqi citizens in areas that we control(not speaking of Kurds, but Iraqi citizens in the north), they are VERY much in favor of change.

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Not disagreeing, but expounding....if you listen to Iraqi citizens in areas that we control(not speaking of Kurds, but Iraqi citizens in the north), they are VERY much in favor of change.

Good point.