PDA

View Full Version : Mmmmmm .... Rum!!

WharfRat
05-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Hungary workers get shock at bottom of rum barrel

BUDAPEST (Reuters) - Hungarian builders who drank their way to the bottom of a huge barrel of rum while renovating a house got a nasty surprise when a pickled corpse tumbled out of the empty barrel, a police magazine website reported.
According to online magazine www.zsaru.hu, workers in Szeged in the south of Hungary tried to move the barrel after they had drained it, only to find it was surprisingly heavy and were shocked when the body of a naked man fell out.
The website said that the body of the man had been shipped back from Jamaica 20 years ago by his wife in the barrel of rum in order to avoid the cost and paperwork of an official return.
According to the website, workers said the rum in the 300-liter barrel had a "special taste" so they even decanted a few bottles of the liquor to take home.
The wife has since died and the man was buried in a proper grave.

http://reuters.iwon.com//article/20060504/2006-05-04T134922Z_01_L04689509_RTRIDST_0_ODD-HUNGARY-DC.html

Drink Up everyone!! :drinker:

dolphinkev
05-04-2006, 02:41 PM
well at least now they know what the special taste was.

UltraDol-Fan
05-04-2006, 02:55 PM
gross

TotoreMexico
05-04-2006, 03:06 PM
:barf:

ponchovilla
05-04-2006, 03:08 PM
:shakeno:

TJamesW_phinfan
05-04-2006, 04:27 PM
:eek: :barf:

NaboCane
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM

BUDAPEST (Reuters) - Hungarian builders who drank their way to the bottom of a huge barrel of rum while renovating a house got a nasty surprise when a pickled corpse tumbled out of the empty barrel, a police magazine website reported.
According to online magazine www.zsaru.hu (http://www.zsaru.hu/), workers in Szeged in the south of Hungary tried to move the barrel after they had drained it, only to find it was surprisingly heavy and were shocked when the body of a naked man fell out.
The website said that the body of the man had been shipped back from Jamaica 20 years ago by his wife in the barrel of rum in order to avoid the cost and paperwork of an official return.
According to the website, workers said the rum in the 300-liter barrel had a "special taste" so they even decanted a few bottles of the liquor to take home.

http://reuters.iwon.com//article/20060504/2006-05-04T134922Z_01_L04689509_RTRIDST_0_ODD-HUNGARY-DC.html

A few years ago, a Vietnamese friend introduced me to a health tonic popular in his country; it is grain alcohol, in whose bottle a small snake had been inserted, then the bottle left out in the sun to ferment. After that, it is taken inside and aged for a number of years (can't recall how many).

The reason I tell you this is that there is a correlation; the bottle we tasted from had cost him quite a lot, because the stuff had aged considerably - if it had been cognac, it would have been XO.

And the snake? Well, the snake consisted at that point of a skeleton, the skin...and a pile of organic material that had once been the snake's flesh and organs at the bottom of the bottle. It was little more than dust, with some larger, juicier chunks still present.

And of course, he shook the bottle before we poured. On that day, I became a man.

Point: The condition of that man's body after 20 years in the sweet, pungent rum would be somewhat like that snake's, although certainly not as bad, since they were able to tell that it was human; but I'm sure there was, shall we say...plenty of him to go around.

:yes:
</IMG>

Roman529
05-04-2006, 05:39 PM
The first time I ever drank rum was when I was a kid and this girl I knew had poured some rum into a coke she got at 7-Eleven. I almost puked after taking a big swig of it. It burned going down. Rum is great to mix with other stuff, but I still prefer Vodka, and Bourbon. That is funny how the corpse gave the Rum a special taste. :lol:

Ohio Fanatic
05-04-2006, 06:10 PM
A few years ago, a Vietnamese friend introduced me to a health tonic popular in his country; it is grain alcohol, in whose bottle a small snake had been inserted, then the bottle left out in the sun to ferment. After that, it is taken inside and aged for a number of years (can't recall how many).

The reason I tell you this is that there is a correlation; the bottle we tasted from had cost him quite a lot, because the stuff had aged considerably - if it had been cognac, it would have been XO.

And the snake? Well, the snake consisted at that point of a skeleton, the skin...and a pile of organic material that had once been the snake's flesh and organs at the bottom of the bottle. It was little more than dust, with some larger, juicier chunks still present.

And of course, he shook the bottle before we poured. On that day, I became a man.

Point: The condition of that man's body after 20 years in the sweet, pungent rum would be somewhat like that snake's, although certainly not as bad, since they were able to tell that it was human; but I'm sure there was, shall we say...plenty of him to go around.

</IMG>

1) It's still really frigin gross even though it was probably fairly antiseptic

2) People eat snakes, who eats people?

Bobby Humphrey
05-04-2006, 07:21 PM

</IMG>

Ya, I saw that stuff ….. but I wasn’t man enough to drink it …….. maybe someday I shall be a man …… but not today.

Agent51
05-04-2006, 07:26 PM

According to online magazine www.zsaru.hu (http://www.zsaru.hu), workers in Szeged in the south of Hungary tried to move the barrel after they had drained it, only to find it was surprisingly heavy and were shocked when the body of a naked man fell out.

Maybe they just wanted to make rum more "manly" than tequilla, like "Oh yea, a friggin' worm huh Tequilla, you think you're so cool, watch THIS...." and we all know the rest thanks to this article.

Timmy54
05-04-2006, 07:50 PM
and you thought the worm in the bottom of tequila was bad

NaboCane
05-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Ya, I saw that stuff ….. but I wasn’t man enough to drink it …….. maybe someday I shall be a man …… but not today.

Yeah, I was a man who puked intensely violently for what seemed like an eternity after that. That's the other part of the tale...truth is I slugged it down, and immediately my stomach lurched to get rid of it...I kept my cool though, until a few seconds later I became aware of a stench that was coming from inside me, it was in my throat, my mouth, it was a vapor in my sinuses. It was similar to the stench of a rotting animal, only it was...inside.

I threw up before I even knew I was going to, and vomited until I couldn't anymore. The stench stayed for hours.

You haven't lived until you've vomited little bits of pickled Vietnamese snake through your nose.

Majpain
05-05-2006, 01:49 AM

</IMG>

Freaking gross man :shakeno:

Rocky Raccoon
05-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Yeah, I was a man who puked intensely violently for what seemed like an eternity after that. That's the other part of the tale...truth is I slugged it down, and immediately my stomach lurched to get rid of it...I kept my cool though, until a few seconds later I became aware of a stench that was coming from inside me, it was in my throat, my mouth, it was a vapor in my sinuses. It was similar to the stench of a rotting animal, only it was...inside.

I threw up before I even knew I was going to, and vomited until I couldn't anymore. The stench stayed for hours.

You haven't lived until you've vomited little bits of pickled Vietnamese snake through your nose.

then I don't think I want to live

Buddwalk
05-05-2006, 01:53 AM
eww :nono:

inFINSible
05-05-2006, 08:04 AM
yummy rummy full of tummy (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/04052006/80-132/hungary-workers-shock-bottom-rum-barrel.html)

ooops, is that what I meant??

yes, unfortunately, yes....

Agent51
05-05-2006, 08:15 AM
yummy rummy full of tummy (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/04052006/80-132/hungary-workers-shock-bottom-rum-barrel.html)

ooops, is that what I meant??

yes, unfortunately, yes....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=140795

:wink: :tongue:

but yes, that is so gross. I can't even imagine what my reaction would be....:shakeno:

inFINSible
05-05-2006, 08:17 AM
:mad:

tucker
05-05-2006, 10:06 AM
1)

2) People eat snakes, who eats people? people eaters?

Noodle Arm
05-05-2006, 10:40 AM
What these workers didn't know was that the man was a voodoo priest...and they are now all under his spell since a part of him is now inside them all. He will force them to commit murders and other heinous acts.

Well...at least that's what'll happen in my script after I steal this story and use it in it.

Miamian
05-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Jeffery Dahmer may be thirsty.

Amars
05-05-2006, 11:34 AM
cannibal juice

Celtkin
05-05-2006, 11:40 AM
I was looking through Yahoo headlines today and I found this from Snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/tapping.asp

FinaciousOne
05-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Actually, I'll bet that rum tasted pretty good.
It had a lot of body.

d-day
05-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Actually, I'll bet that rum tasted pretty good.
It had a lot of body.

:lol: - i can always count on finacious for a good 2 liner

FinaciousOne
05-05-2006, 12:06 PM
:lol: - i can always count on finacious for a good 2 liner

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
I don't do coke!:mad:

cnc66
05-05-2006, 12:12 PM
people eaters?

one eyed ,one armed, flyin' PURPLE people eaters...