PDA

View Full Version : History Buffs

Roman529
05-04-2006, 05:10 PM
I just got a brochure in the mail from the History Book Club....they have lots of great History books (covering the Civil War, Military History, American History, Ancient/Medieval). I love reading about the Civil War. They have some books over 1000 pages long with maps of Battles at places like Gettysburg, Vicksburg, Antietam, etc). You can order 4 books for $4....and you never have to order another book...just pay for shipping and handling, and taxes if applicable. Here is the site, looks like a great deal:

www.joinhistorybookclub.com (http://www.joinhistorybookclub.com)

Online Code: 2TG6K4

Gonzo
05-04-2006, 05:30 PM
4 for 4 is an awesome deal. Not sure if I would keep it after that though. Their selection is really slim. The two best books I have read (both for class) on the Civil War were Battle Cry of Freedom by James McPherson and Shelby Foote's Civil War Narrative (or something along those lines). If you haven't read those, definetly check them out. Unfortunately, I couldn't find them in the club.

Roman529
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM
I love Shelby Foote's work. I started reading his books after the Civil War special on PBS a few years ago. I am hoping I can go visit some more battlesites. I have seen a few in Northern Virginia.