PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the closed thread

LeftCoastPhin
03-17-2003, 01:12 PM
I only got to page 4 before I realized I couldn't read anymore because I was becoming nautious. From being offended because of racist comments? No. It was from thin skinned posts. How is towlhead racist? Do they or do they not wear towls on their heads? It's not racist, it's fact. Who said wearing a towel on your head is a bad thing? I can see how it can be taken as racist, but c'mon, is being called a towlhead really that bad? Someone complained because he thought he was being called horse puckey. LMAO, that is not name calling, that is another way of saying BS. Talking about the POST, not the POSTER.

I understand it is not fair to label the whole group because of the actions of others. At the same time, it is undisputable the kinds of horrible things that go on within that group. And it's not like it's a few occurences, it's prevalent and it's been that way for thousands of years. I feel one side of the argument should concede a lot of fact, but is in denial. I feel the other side could be a little more tolerant and could watch thier choice of words a little better as well.

In closing, I say this to the older guys. Remember when you were a teenager and THOUGHT you knew it all......lol, try to relax and take it with a grain of salt. To be fair, it should be commended that the younger generation is at least trying to get educated on current affairs. One last thing, I fear for the future when some words are taken so literal and to heart that they cause offense. People as a whole need to toughen up. There are worse things then being called names, buck up. Let some things slide, choose legitimate times to be offended and you will be taken more seriously.

Justasportsfan
03-17-2003, 01:24 PM
I believe the politically correct word is turban.

poornate
03-17-2003, 01:38 PM
...and it should be spelled towel.....

LeftCoastPhin
03-17-2003, 01:50 PM
And I dont blame AJ for stepping in, he's got to protect the integrity of the site. One suggestion: until people can lighten up a bit and grow a little skin, AND until people could be a little more sensitive and watch what they say, then maybe political, religious, and that sort of stuff should not be talked about.

Also, I did say IMO that I wouldn't be offended by towlhead. I should be fair and say this: even though Dolfan06 is a very good friend of mine, he should of know better not to say towlhead on a message board! C'mon man! I'm not trying to speak or apologize for 06, but I just want to say that he's a great guy and sometimes his words are misunderstood. He's not a hateful person.

poornate
03-17-2003, 02:23 PM
People are too sensitive for kidding these days. If anyone ever sat around and listened to me and my friends talk they would really think poorly of us. We rag each other about our own religions, race, ethnicity, stereotypes, etc., etc., all day. You would think insensitivity was our job.

I'd like to see some of our posters toughen up a little.

poornate
03-17-2003, 02:23 PM
...and by the way it's still spelled towel...

PhinPhan1227
03-17-2003, 02:35 PM
As long as someone has "re-opened" that thread so-to-speak, I'd just like to point out that while there were several mentions of the Crusades as evidence that the Muslim religion is more peace loving than the Christian religion, it should be noted that the spread of Islam across North Africa and into Southern Europe was not accomplished by individuals chanting peace slogans and waving flowers. It was accomplished at the point of a sword. Islam has the potential to be a peaceful religion, but only in the sense that the phrase "we'll get along fine so long as you do what I say" is an overture for peace. In general, it's a religion which is even LESS tolerant that Christianity, which is saying a lot. There HAVE been enlightened secular leaders within Islam, but since the fall of Saladin, they've been the exception rather than the rule.

Marino1983
03-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin

Also, I did say IMO that I wouldn't be offended by towlhead. I should be fair and say this: even though Dolfan06 is a very good friend of mine, he should of know better not to say towlhead on a message board! C'mon man! I'm not trying to speak or apologize for 06, but I just want to say that he's a great guy and sometimes his words are misunderstood. He's not a hateful person. [/B]

I agree 100% LC about dolphin06 ..... And if I know 06 (and I do) he would not tolerate anyone apologizing for him,,, especially if he feels he has nothing to apologize for !!:D Marino1983

Barbarian
03-17-2003, 11:03 PM
This is just really sad.

And as for thickness of skin, I've been over there, watched friends die over there during operations against Iraq (In Operation Desert Fox) and again against the Taliban (In Enduring Freedom) so don't give me that bullsh!t about thin skin. Next you'll be trying to come up with a reason why calling a black man a n!gger isn't racial Bullsh!t.

Rationalise the racism all you want. It doesn't change what it is.

dolfan06
03-18-2003, 01:12 AM
Also, I did say IMO that I wouldn't be offended by towlhead. I should be fair and say this: even though Dolfan06 is a very good friend of mine, he should of know better not to say towlhead on a message board! C'mon man! I'm not trying to speak or apologize for 06, but I just want to say that he's a great guy and sometimes his words are misunderstood. He's not a hateful person. ok, i admit i shouldn't have said towelhead, but then i didn't label a religion until somebodty put there 2 cents in. also, if i can't say that, then why does chicago get to keep his title, hell his whole sig is an insult to our government!:yell:

dolfan06
03-18-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Barbarian
This is just really sad.

And as for thickness of skin, I've been over there, watched friends die over there during operations against Iraq (In Operation Desert Fox) and again against the Taliban (In Enduring Freedom) so don't give me that bullsh!t about thin skin. Next you'll be trying to come up with a reason why calling a black man a n!gger isn't racial Bullsh!t.

Rationalise the racism all you want. It doesn't change what it is. and you know who uses that N word more than anybody? a black man. yet if a white man uses it, we're talkin fight!:rolleyes:

dolfan06
03-18-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
and you know who uses that N word more than anybody? a black man. yet if a white man uses it, we're talkin fight!:rolleyes: what i'm trying to say, words don't mean a thing. it all depends on who's saying it and who they're saying it to!;)

Barbarian
03-18-2003, 05:50 AM
what i'm trying to say, words don't mean a thing. it all depends on who's saying it and who they're saying it to!;)

And the manner in which it's used.

If somebody said something like, "I work with this Arab guy, and I'll tell you that towelhead is the funniest guy I ever met, I love that guy." I would wince in the same way that I do when a black guy uses the N word.

If they say something like, "Those Towlheads should all be nuked back to the stoneage."

Well, That evokes a slightly different response.

But both responses are negative, just varying in degree. One is ignorant (Like when my grandfather said that one of his best friends is a ni__er) and the other is just plain racist.

ohall
03-18-2003, 08:16 AM
ok, i admit i shouldn't have said towelhead, but then i didn't label a religion until somebodty put there 2 cents in. also, if i can't say that, then why does chicago get to keep his title, hell his whole sig is an insult to our government!:yell:

Sorry D-06 I call them that all the time, I have also heard ppl who could be called towel heads call those who attacked us on 9/11 towel heads. I think this is PC gone wild. After what happened on 9/11 you would think ppl around here would let some of these things go.

I don't want good Muslims gone or attacked in this country. And I don't think someone calling a Muslim or Arab a towel head is going to start a riot or a lynching.

Some ppl just don't have a sense of humor is all. I'm scared for our future generations, they are getting to the point that everything that is said puts them in a bad mood or pisses them off. At some point other ppl just need to leave other ppl alone. Talk is cheap is what I'm saying.

Oliver...

Scrap
03-18-2003, 10:25 AM
If I was of middle eastern decent, the word "towelhead" would be very offensive to me, considering the post 9/11 attitude.

iceblizzard69
03-18-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by va dolfan
If I was of middle eastern decent, the word "towelhead" would be very offensive to me, considering the post 9/11 attitude.

Agreed.

I also agree with Barbarian and all of his points.

The term "towelhead" is very offensive to a Muslim, which is why I consider it to be an "insensitive remark."

Dajesus
03-18-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by poornate
People are too sensitive for kidding these days. If anyone ever sat around and listened to me and my friends talk they would really think poorly of us. We rag each other about our own religions, race, ethnicity, stereotypes, etc., etc., all day. You would think insensitivity was our job.

I'd like to see some of our posters toughen up a little.

My fraternity brothers used to play a game "called the face punch game", but I wouldn't go up to a perfect stranger, and punch him in the face. Everyone has had freinds where they were able to over step normall boundries of edicut, but thats why they are your freinds. There are always strangers, and first time posters on this board. How would you like be a man who happens to have Pakistanian decent, and also happens to be a Dolphan, and he shows up at a Dolphan forum hopeing to talk some serious football and the first post he sees is someone debateing the phrase "towel head?"

My point is if you have ever heald down a job or even left your house you will know that a different set rules apply in everyday society, than the rules you have when putting back a few Buds with your close freinds.

Chauncey
03-18-2003, 01:56 PM
Thanks for showing leadership and good judgement, AJ. :up:

LeftCoastPhin
03-18-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Dajesus
My fraternity brothers used to play a game "called the face punch game", but I wouldn't go up to a perfect stranger, and punch him in the face. Everyone has had freinds where they were able to over step normall boundries of edicut, but thats why they are your freinds. There are always strangers, and first time posters on this board. How would you like be a man who happens to have Pakistanian decent, and also happens to be a Dolphan, and he shows up at a Dolphan forum hopeing to talk some serious football and the first post he sees is someone debateing the phrase "towel head?"

My point is if you have ever heald down a job or even left your house you will know that a different set rules apply in everyday society, than the rules you have when putting back a few Buds with your close freinds.

That is an excellent point, Dajesus.

Jaydog57
03-18-2003, 04:54 PM
There is a derogatory label for every race of people in the world. It's been that way since the beginning of time. What better way to offend someone verbally than to degrade their entire race? There's always gonna be different names for races of people and they're always gonna be people that push the limit on what names to use. The best thing you can do is don't worry about it. Yeah, you can explain to a kid that it's not right to use racist terminology, but to a 30 or 40 year old person, it's like teaching an old dog new tricks. Let them know it offends you if you want to, and leave it at that. If they have any ounce of human decency, they will respect your wishes, apologize, and not say those things in your presence. If they don't, then perhaps you should just feel sorry for them because their mind is that much smaller and limited in thinking than yours. Peace.....:cool:

poornate
03-18-2003, 06:10 PM
The point I was trying to convey is that people ARE over sensitive. I can see that someone could take offense to the name. What I'm saying is deal with it. I would say that most posters here are adults. I'm sure that it wasn't the worst thing anyone here has ever heard. You said yourself that -"Everyone has had freinds where they were able to over step normal boundaries of etiquette". So since everyone has had that experience then it stands to reason that you do have the ability to let it roll off your back. I'm just saying that social barriers have gotten out of control. RELAX. I've never been a person who will tolerate racism. Nor did I read the original thread. But I do know the situation and think it could have been resolved differently. I also do not think 06 meant it as a racist term. Nor does the act of wearing a turban make someone a muslim if you want to be real technical about it. Sikhs wear turbans. So do Indians in general. So do some areas in South America. I do not think that the term is racist. Angry? Sure. But there is nothing different in it than refering to people from WV as inbreds or Canadians walking around saying Aye all the time. It is merely a stereotype.

t2thejz
03-18-2003, 06:23 PM
well said poor nate

poornate
03-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Going to war without France is like going duck hunting without your
accordion." -- Donald Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense

Cowardice is a French stereotype. Do you think my sig means Rumsfeld hates the French?

Justasportsfan
03-18-2003, 07:52 PM
I guess what people are trying to say is that since the word "towelhead" is a remark pretaining to a pertaining to a specific race wherein they take offense to it could be deemed a racist comment.

I don't take offense to it even though I wear a towel over my head but it isn't the head over my shoulders. :D

themole
03-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by poornate
The point I was trying to convey is that people ARE over sensitive. I can see that someone could take offense to the name. What I'm saying is deal with it. I would say that most posters here are adults. I'm sure that it wasn't the worst thing anyone here has ever heard. You said yourself that -"Everyone has had freinds where they were able to over step normal boundaries of etiquette". So since everyone has had that experience then it stands to reason that you do have the ability to let it roll off your back. I'm just saying that social barriers have gotten out of control. RELAX. I've never been a person who will tolerate racism. Nor did I read the original thread. But I do know the situation and think it could have been resolved differently. I also do not think 06 meant it as a racist term. Nor does the act of wearing a turban make someone a muslim if you want to be real technical about it. Sikhs wear turbans. So do Indians in general. So do some areas in South America. I do not think that the term is racist. Angry? Sure. But there is nothing different in it than refering to people from WV as inbreds or Canadians walking around saying Aye all the time. It is merely a stereotype.

It's nice to see that there is some degree of sanity here!

I...Themole, am the accomplice to 06 in causing that thread to be closed. In my opinion unjustly so. We were accused of making "Racist" remarks. There were no racist remarks made!

The American Heritage Dictionary defines racism as: The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Nowhere in our post was it mentioned that one race was superior to another!

I will concede that there was some disdain shown for a particular group...not because of their "race" but because of their belief.

This leads me to a point I would like to make and it's all about words. Yes words! Words are magical things that give us the ability to paint pictures in anothers mind as vividly as the master painter. I make no claim to be a master painter! While I have seen thoughts put into words on this board that are very good and have done an excellent job of "painting" pictures on the mind, no one hear can claim to be the master painter yet.

There are sins of commission and sins of omission. In this instance, I believe it to be a sin of omission. I did indeed speak harshly and fervently about the religion of Islam! Which by the way is not a race! My sin was that of condeming the " Whole body of Islam" by omitting the Word "Militant" so allow me to rephrase and insert "Militant Islam" into all of my post where just the word "Islam" was used.

On this corrected point I stand FIRM!

To those that were offended by this omission I do humbly apologize.

BUT....Militant Islam, is a scourge unto all the earth and must be hunted down and killed wherever it can be found! Before it takes the life of one more American.

Poornate, LeftCoastPhin, PhinPhan1227, Marino83, Oliver, Dejusus And jaydog57. You have done a very good job of bringing a voice of reason to this matter and I thank you for it.

Justasportsfan
03-18-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by themole

Poornate, LeftCoastPhin, PhinPhan1227, Marino83, Oliver, Dejusus And jaydog57. You have done a very good job of bringing a voice of reason to this matter and I thank you for it.

I take it you didn't like my wearing a towel comment ? :D

themole
03-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by justafan
I take it you didn't like my wearing a towel comment ? :D

:lol: Please add justafan, et al. to the list of those who know how to engage in a good debate without dehydrating due to over active tear ducts.

Chauncey
03-19-2003, 12:31 AM
I think it's great that AJ left the thread up for all to see.

I seem to remember a bunch of BS posts from 06, 25 & Co. earlier in the year where remarks equally (if not even more) racist directed towards Native Americans were included. Unfortunately the threads were deleted, so they're not up for public viewing. 06 tried the same tired rationalization strategy as he did in the recently closed thread.

Pattern of behaviour ? You bet!

poornate
03-19-2003, 12:44 AM
More lamenting....

dolfan06
03-19-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Chauncey
I think it's great that AJ left the thread up for all to see.

I seem to remember a bunch of BS posts from 06, 25 & Co. earlier in the year where remarks equally (if not even more) racist directed towards Native Americans were included. Unfortunately the threads were deleted, so they're not up for public viewing. 06 tried the same tired rationalization strategy as he did in the recently closed thread.

Pattern of behaviour ? You bet! i know your dreaming now, i KNOW, i've never insulted native americans. i'm sure glad you get plenty of exercise, jumping to conclusions is your favorite pastime!:rolleyes:

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 01:27 AM
There are sins of commission and sins of omission. In this instance, I believe it to be a sin of omission. I did indeed speak harshly and fervently about the religion of Islam! Which by the way is not a race! My sin was that of condeming the " Whole body of Islam" by omitting the Word "Militant" so allow me to rephrase and insert "Militant Islam" into all of my post where just the word "Islam" was used.

On this corrected point I stand FIRM!

To those that were offended by this omission I do humbly apologize.

BUT....Militant Islam, is a scourge unto all the earth and must be hunted down and killed wherever it can be found! Before it takes the life of one more American.

Thnk you for the clarification.. and on that point I will agree with you, that the Millitant Islamics are a bunch of whakos that this world could do without. (Of course the same could be said for millitants of any religeon, but that just goes back to my inherant distrust of organised religeon in general)

dolfan06
03-19-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
There is a derogatory label for every race of people in the world. It's been that way since the beginning of time. What better way to offend someone verbally than to degrade their entire race? There's always gonna be different names for races of people and they're always gonna be people that push the limit on what names to use. The best thing you can do is don't worry about it. Yeah, you can explain to a kid that it's not right to use racist terminology, but to a 30 or 40 year old person, it's like teaching an old dog new tricks. Let them know it offends you if you want to, and leave it at that. If they have any ounce of human decency, they will respect your wishes, apologize, and not say those things in your presence. If they don't, then perhaps you should just feel sorry for them because their mind is that much smaller and limited in thinking than yours. Peace.....:cool: thats for sure, i've head so many jokes about scots, my ears are about to fall off. i don't believe i was ever offended though!:rolleyes:

Chauncey
03-19-2003, 07:51 AM
i know your dreaming now, i KNOW, i've never insulted native americans. i'm sure glad you get plenty of exercise, jumping to conclusions is your favorite pastime!:rolleyes:

Deny, deny, deny :down:

dolfan06
03-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Deny, deny, deny :down: don't have to, nothing is deleted, if its there its in the mod/admin forum. if what you say is true, the word indian is in the thread and i'll have AJ get back to you!:tongue:

Justasportsfan
03-19-2003, 09:53 AM
:lol: Please add justafan, et al. to the list of those who know how to engage in a good debate without dehydrating due to over active tear ducts.

I have to admit that I have an over active duct , but it's not the one that produces tears. :lol: Which reminds me ....I shall join my woman in the shower............and she can "towel" dry me after :D

Scrap
03-19-2003, 10:02 AM
Sorry to hear about the diarreah Justafan.

Justasportsfan
03-19-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by va dolfan
Sorry to hear about the diarreah Justafan.

I still don't know why that guy in your avatar is staring at his..... :D I guess he's frustrated that he can't have that babe in you signature.

themole
03-19-2003, 10:07 AM
[B]I think it's great that AJ left the thread up for all to see.

Pattern of behaviour ? You bet!
/B]

Do NOT....in anyway misinterpret what I was saying in my apology! 06 did nothing wrong nor did I.

I repeat there were no racist remarks made.

I'm German, Irish and Creek. I'm quite proud of my heritage but in no way will I side with any of them on any issue concerning lineage!
I am American First and above all.

Anybody have any good jokes concerning the above mentioned lineage? If you do please share for a good laugh!

PhinPhan1227
03-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Thnk you for the clarification.. and on that point I will agree with you, that the Millitant Islamics are a bunch of whakos that this world could do without. (Of course the same could be said for millitants of any religeon, but that just goes back to my inherant distrust of organised religeon in general)

Quite honestly, those who commit evil acts in the name of "religion" are rarely if ever following the true tenets of that religion. You CAN'T be a Christian and kill natives because they won't accept your God. You can't be a Muslim and knock down the World Trade Center because you are in fact killing other Muslims along with "infidels". "Militant" by it's very nature denotes aggressiveness and therefore hatred. No well established religion that I know of actively preaches hatred in it's doctrine. Actually, that's not entirely true, several of them seem to preach hatred of women, but that's more from a repression standpoint than a violent one.

Scrap
03-19-2003, 10:10 AM
I still don't know why that guy in your avatar is staring at his..... :D I guess he's frustrated that he can't have that babe in you signature.

I'd be frustrated too.You can't blame him.

Justasportsfan
03-19-2003, 10:11 AM

I'm German, Irish and Creek.

Moe ,Larry and Curly . :D :jk:

iceblizzard69
03-19-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Quite honestly, those who commit evil acts in the name of "religion" are rarely if ever following the true tenets of that religion. You CAN'T be a Christian and kill natives because they won't accept your God. You can't be a Muslim and knock down the World Trade Center because you are in fact killing other Muslims along with "infidels". "Militant" by it's very nature denotes aggressiveness and therefore hatred. No well established religion that I know of actively preaches hatred in it's doctrine. Actually, that's not entirely true, several of them seem to preach hatred of women, but that's more from a repression standpoint than a violent one.

The terrorists who blew up the WTC on 9/11 aren't real Muslims. They killed a lot of Muslims in those attacks, and it is against Islam and the Koran to kill innocent people of any religion.

Justasportsfan
03-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The terrorists who blew up the WTC on 9/11 aren't real Muslims. They killed a lot of Muslims in those attacks, and it is against Islam and the Koran to kill innocent people of any religion.

We have a winner!

They were terrorists who try to make this a religious thing just so that they can get the full support of the entire Muslim religion. Indonesians are Muslim too, should we label them as terrorists as well?

PhinPhan1227
03-19-2003, 10:36 AM
We have a winner!

They were terrorists who try to make this a religious thing just so that they can get the full support of the entire Muslim religion. Indonesians are Muslim too, should we label them as terrorists as well?

Actually, there are also terrorist cells in Indonesia as well. The fact that they are muslims has little to do with making them terrorists, it's more to do with their economy, and development level. Look at what Catholic priests were able to feed peasants in the 14th-15th centuries. The people couldn't read for themselves, so when a priest in France told them to go out and slaughter heathens or heretics in order to "do Gods will", they had no alrternative but to believe them. In many muslim nations, poor, illiterate people are taught by Muslim clerics Islamic laws that have nothing to do with TRUE Muslim doctrine. If we want to end terrorism(reduce actually, it will never end), we need to educate people as to what they're truly doing.

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 10:38 AM

Well, your talking to a Pagan, and realise that I have personnally delt with some serious hatred directly from church officials because of my beliefs, so yes, there are organised religions that preach hatred.

I can write up a huge list of "official" examples of christianity being twisted by those in charge (note, I am blaming the organisers, and not the believers)

This is were my fear (yep, fear is an accurate word) of organised religeon comes from. And no, it's not just christianity, but all organised religeon that frieghtens me.

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Actually, there are also terrorist cells in Indonesia as well. The fact that they are muslims has little to do with making them terrorists, it's more to do with their economy, and development level. Look at what Catholic priests were able to feed peasants in the 14th-15th centuries. The people couldn't read for themselves, so when a priest in France told them to go out and slaughter heathens or heretics in order to "do Gods will", they had no alrternative but to believe them. In many muslim nations, poor, illiterate people are taught by Muslim clerics Islamic laws that have nothing to do with TRUE Muslim doctrine. If we want to end terrorism(reduce actually, it will never end), we need to educate people as to what they're truly doing.

And a ray of light shines through the darkness. :)

Thank you.

Justasportsfan
03-19-2003, 10:48 AM
Guess who those s-called Muslim terrorist in Indonesia killed a few weeks back? Muslims. That was my point. You can't judge an entire people or religion based on a few bag eggs.

PhinPhan1227
03-19-2003, 10:59 AM
And a ray of light shines through the darkness. :)

Thank you.

Of course, the corolary to that concept is that we must first be ABLE to educate those individuals. BEfore we overthrew the Taliban, that was impossible.... and the same is true for Iraq.

themole
03-19-2003, 12:08 PM
Of course, the corolary to that concept is that we must first be ABLE to educate those individuals. BEfore we overthrew the Taliban, that was impossible.... and the same is true for Iraq.

:lol: Nice work 1227!

PhinPhan1227
03-19-2003, 12:21 PM
:lol: Nice work 1227!

Lol...what, "flyers" won't do the trick?...:rolleyes:

LeftCoastPhin
03-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Not to add fuel on the fire, but I forgot to add something. Originally when referring to towlheads, I do believe it was in reference to the bastards that attacked New York, and terrorists like them. So now, we are hunting them down and killing them in thier caves. So, it's cool to KILL them, but we cant call them names? Perspective anyone? Not trying to get things started again, as I still agree we should choose our words more carefully but we should call those bastards we're trying to kill any damn name we want!

themole
03-19-2003, 12:44 PM
Not to add fuel on the fire, but I forgot to add something. Originally when referring to towlheads, I do believe it was in reference to the bastards that attacked New York, and terrorists like them. So now, we are hunting them down and killing them in thier caves. So, it's cool to KILL them, but we cant call them names? Perspective anyone? Not trying to get things started again, as I still agree we should choose our words more carefully but we should call those bastards we're trying to kill any damn name we want!

:lol: LCF...a bastard by any other name is still....A BASTARD!

06 and myself have been stand up enough to admit WE DID IT! Gulity by omission of a word. Militant Muslim, Militant Islam.
The thinskins and squawkers are all to ready to set themselves on fire at the slightest hint of a wrongdoing. But they think nothing of branding someone as racist.
What is ironic, is the discussion was about religion not race.:lol:

LeftCoastPhin
03-19-2003, 01:26 PM
Well, Mole, check out the recent thread regarding fear of terror and you might see some credibility go down the drain. Thin skinned might be a compliment!

themole
03-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Well, Mole, check out the recent thread regarding fear of terror and you might see some credibility go down the drain. Thin skinned might be a compliment!

I see now! :eek: said the blind man. Thickness...was never the issue. BTW what color are the no passing zone stripes in Cali?:evil: :lol:

LeftCoastPhin
03-19-2003, 06:23 PM
I believe they are colored cowardly. (New PC word for yellow) HA

themole
03-19-2003, 07:22 PM
I believe they are colored cowardly. (New PC word for yellow) HA

FOLLOW.. follow.. FOLLOW.. follow.. FOLLOOOW...., FOLLOW the YELLOW BRICK ROAD.:lol:

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 11:03 PM
Agreed, fortunately Iraq is a fairly westernised nation to begin with (comparatively speaking) so yeah.. I would imagine that once we take out the Government (AKA: Saddam and his sons) and get things settled, that the education can and likely will begin. I'm looking forward to seeing a free and educated Iraq.