PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Mock Draft

DonShula84
05-04-2006, 10:21 PM
I know it's early, but thought some might want to see it. If this actually happens I'll cry, Quinn can not go to a team I hate!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.nflmockdraft/content.9.html

Roman529
05-04-2006, 10:49 PM
After the Bills draft last week, which many said was the worst in the NFL, why do you think the Bills would go after Quinn? Also, Quinn could turn into a bust......just like Omar Jacobs who everyone thought was going to have a great senior year.

DonShula84
05-04-2006, 10:51 PM
After the Bills draft last week, which many said was the worst in the NFL, why do you think the Bills would go after Quinn? Also, Quinn could turn into a bust......just like Omar Jacobs who everyone thought was going to have a great senior year.

Quinn is more talented than Jacobs, plays in a pro offense and has great coaching. He may end up dropping from where they have him, but he wont be Jacobs.

Miamifin23
05-05-2006, 12:35 AM
2007? We havent even started 2006. Peterson and Lynch are gonna be the 2 best players in next years draft.

HysterikiLL
05-05-2006, 01:11 AM
There are some monsters in that class.

DonShula84
05-05-2006, 01:42 AM
2007? We havent even started 2006. Peterson and Lynch are gonna be the 2 best players in next years draft.

Check the year again and get back to me. And that mock has Peterson going 1, Lynch going 8th

Troysif
05-05-2006, 03:31 PM
um IMHO Quin is not gonna be that good under a different coach, b.c he wasnt that good before Weis got there IMO

DonShula84
05-05-2006, 04:32 PM
um IMHO Quin is not gonna be that good under a different coach, b.c he wasnt that good before Weis got there IMO

He was a young player on a team that wasnt very good. Check his stats, he got better every year before Weis got there. Weis runs a pro offense, so it isnt like he is using a system that is just gimickie to help out the qb - Spurrier's offense for example.

ch19079
05-05-2006, 04:45 PM
i know this is a little off topic but, the #2 overall pick... come on.

GCD960
05-05-2006, 04:52 PM
if the Texans pick a RB with their 1st then someone is high in Texas

kpcane
05-05-2006, 05:07 PM
He was a young player on a team that wasnt very good. Check his stats, he got better every year before Weis got there.

So what you're saying is he did better his sophomore year than his freshman year.

kpcane
05-05-2006, 05:10 PM
i know this is a little off topic but, the #2 overall pick... come on.

The Bills could definitely have the #2 overall pick next year. The draft they had isn't going to drastically improve them this year, and they lost Moulds. The only thing they have going for them is that guy who's running the ball for them. I think the Jets will have a better record than the Bills, and I think a lot of the teams in this year's draft improved themselves to not be so terrible next year. I think it's a toss-up between the Titans, Bills, and 49ers.

Dol-Fan Dupree
05-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Well they do have the Jets adn the Bills as the worst teams in the league

DonShula84
05-05-2006, 06:17 PM
So what you're saying is he did better his sophomore year than his freshman year.

Yeah, and then better his Junior than his Sophmore. Progress...

Mike13
05-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Quinn is the second comming of Tom Brady.

kpcane
05-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Yeah, and then better his Junior than his Sophmore. Progress...

Yeah, but you said before Weis came, and Weis came his Junior year, so all you said was that he did better his sophomore year than his freshman year.

I'm just saying that because I also believe he's a product of the system. But you never know, Tom Brady was a product of a system and then fluorished into a great QB, as did Joe Montana. Quinn will not win himself a national championship this year, but he's very likely to get another BCS game, and become a top 5 pick in the draft next year. If he goes to a team like Buffalo or Detroit, he will not succeed. His best chance would be to go to a team like Cleveland, where they have a great coach and could put in a great west coast offense. A lot of times being a great QB is just being in a great system.

DonShula84
05-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah, but you said before Weis came, and Weis came his Junior year, so all you said was that he did better his sophomore year than his freshman year.

I'm just saying that because I also believe he's a product of the system. But you never know, Tom Brady was a product of a system and then fluorished into a great QB, as did Joe Montana. Quinn will not win himself a national championship this year, but he's very likely to get another BCS game, and become a top 5 pick in the draft next year. If he goes to a team like Buffalo or Detroit, he will not succeed. His best chance would be to go to a team like Cleveland, where they have a great coach and could put in a great west coast offense. A lot of times being a great QB is just being in a great system.

I agree w/ that. When people say he is a product of a system though it seems like they are saying he isnt that good, it's just Weis, and he wont wont be very good at the next level. ND thows the deep ball a good amount though, it isnt like he just dink and dunks down the field

I'm not saying he is the next Brady or Montana. But I'd rather not see my favorite college player, who has a ton of potential go to a team I hate in the pros.

dominizzo
05-05-2006, 09:30 PM
ID love Miami to get Paul Posluzny

Dors156
05-05-2006, 10:45 PM
that would suck if the bills got quinn

djfresh47
05-05-2006, 10:50 PM
I think the Bills have made some terrible decisions this offseason. Having the 2nd pick in the draft is a possible but it's way too early to know how any team will finish. If the Bills do have a very high pick I think they would go with Joe Thomas. I have no idea what direction that franchise is going in if they were going to hire a retread coach I think Sherman would have been a better choice. Hiring an 80 year old GM is an odd decision and I think Ralph Wilson just wanted somebody who he could trust as GM. If I had to guess neither Marv or Jauron will be with the Bills for over two years.

Pocoloco
05-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Quinn is better than all the QBs in this year's class, all of them. Just a hunch on my part, but I think the kid could be Elway-esque on the right team (decent pass blocking offensive line, top 10 running back, at least one big reciever willing to go across the middle). Going to the Bills could net a big pay-day, but might ruin his career

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-06-2006, 11:59 AM
quinn has everything you want in a pro QB.

randy9
05-15-2006, 12:45 PM
ID love Miami to get Paul Posluzny
I'd second that, Poslunszy's gonna be a good one. Reminds me of Zack in his work ethic and being a student of the game.

saves
05-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Quinn is better than all the QBs in this year's class, all of them. Just a hunch on my part, but I think the kid could be Elway-esque on the right team (decent pass blocking offensive line, top 10 running back, at least one big reciever willing to go across the middle). Going to the Bills could net a big pay-day, but might ruin his career

Wait...so the Bills don't have a top 10 RB? Or maybe not big, but at least 1 productive lighting fast reciever? I just can't see them giving up on a young first rounder already though, but they have proved over again they are not the smartest team.

I like Quinn's size and toughness, but I really think Weis has MUCHO to do with his success. I definatly need to see more of him, and will in the next year, but my initial impression isn't that great.

His deep ball seems to flutter and gets underthrown alot, and he'd always be throwing to one of his monster recievers downfield who somehow had 1-1 coverage (Weis). Maybe he was told to throw the deep ball like that, because Samardja (sp?) can win a jump ball match 9 out of 10 times, but I was never impressed by his arm strength.

When they played Stanford he underthrew it, and the Stanford DB's were so out of place actually trying to defend a deep ball that his recievers would just stop and come back to it and make the reception. Who he thows to always seems to have 1-1 coverage though. Is it Quinn's smarts or Weis's system?

I'm not saying he won't be good, but I think there are question marks, enough to keep me from making the lofty comparisions I've been seeing.

And is ND going to join the Big 11 yet?? Or are they too infatuated with that fat ABC contract to give it up and join a leauge?