PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates: "I Wish I Wasn't So Rich"

Agent51
05-05-2006, 07:19 AM
REDMOND, Wash. (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates said Wednesday he wished he were not the world's richest man.

"I wish I wasn't. There is nothing good that comes out of that," said Gates, whose personal fortune sank by billions (http://money.cnn.com/2006/04/28/technology/microsoft_stock.reut/index.htm) since last week when the software giant disappointed investors by saying new investments would crimp earnings.................

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/04/news/newsmakers/gates.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

Wanna trade places Bill? Actually, I'll just take the money off your hands, I'm pretty content with my life, lol, I don't wanna move to Seattle and run Microsoft.

This article gives me an idea, but I'll just keep it in with this thread instead of starting a whole new one:

What would everyone do with Bill Gates' money?

I would build a huge mansion on the North Shore, and a pretty decent size house at each of my favorite breaks all over the world.

I would start a Ferrari collection, buying one of each of my favorite model (including my dream car, the F-430).

I would buy a 747, John Travolta style, so that I could fly to all of my favorite surf spots anytime I want, and bring a bunch of friends. I'd settle for a learjet, but I'm assuming they aren't big enough to hold like 20+ friends AND like 5 or 6 boards a piece. Plus I'm assuming a 747 has much better range than a learjet.

I'd also buy tickets to EVERY Dolphins game for life (not just the home games, but all 16 regular season ones plus post season). I'd have my own jet, so I could fly to whatever city the game is in.

I would also use said jet to fly EVERY cool member of FinHeaven to my new mansion on the North Shore for like a 2 week long rager, and I'd pay quadruple what everyone's work pay would be for the time they will be missing, plus every expense out here would be on me, from the club nights to going out to eat to shopping, whatever, it's all on me.

I'd give a huge amount of money to FinHeaven.

I'd also build nightclubs in every hotspot in the world, since my life goal is to own a nightclub(s) anyway.

The rest (which would still be in the Billions knowing Bill's money) would just be given out to anyone and everyone who I think needs it.

I would obviosuly set my family and close friends up REAL nice for the rest of their lives, and I'd give millions upon millions to charities. I'd probably start my own charity for something that means a lot to me, which I'd rather not get into details about here.

Also, I'd have some contest or something for people who have business ideas but don't have the means to fund it. They'd have to present their ideas and everything and the winner, which would be the one who not only has a good idea (obviously, lol), but the one who has the most well thought out plan, and who needs the money the most. The winner would get all the funding to start the business, and kep it running smoothly, and would have to pay NOTHIGN in return. I wouldn't be an "investor" that wants a return once profits start coming in.

I could keep going with things I'd do with all that money, but I'm gonna stop there for now. If this thread takes off and people keep responding with what they'd do, I'll continue to add to mine.

ASCII
05-05-2006, 07:55 AM
The thing that gets me is the dude gets massively beat by the ugly stick........yet can have any chick he wants....:boohoo:

Agent51
05-05-2006, 08:18 AM
The thing that gets me is the dude gets massively beat by the ugly stick........yet can have any chick he wants....:boohoo:

Yea, but he COULDN'T if he didn't have money, and that's all you need to remember, lol.

tucker
05-05-2006, 10:02 AM
I'd give a huge amount of money to FinHeaven.

I was with you until you said this? unless you meant the pple of finheaven which means it includes me

mor911
05-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Two chicks at the same time.

Agent51
05-05-2006, 11:49 AM
I was with you until you said this? unless you meant the pple of finheaven which means it includes me

Well I MEANT to the site, to keep it up and running wth top notch servers and everything, FOREVER, lol, and to use to buy CRAZY prizes for any contests they run, like All expenses paid trips to the game of your choice etc etc.

And I said a few lines above that that when my mansion is complete there will be a FinHeaven party at it that will last two weeks and I will not only fly everyone out to Hawai'i but I will also pay them 4 times what they would have made at work for those 2 weeks, plus EVERYTHING would be on me, food, drinks, hell, even SHOPPING.

Agent51
05-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Two chicks at the same time.

Mor, I'm dissappointed :shakeno:. I've seen the stories of your adventures with the opposite sex. You mean to tell me you need Bill Gates-esq money to sleep with two chicks at the same time? Just come visit Hawai'i, it's commonplace to leave the clubs with two girls :wink:

FinaciousOne
05-05-2006, 11:58 AM
FinaciousOne: "I Wish I Wasn't So Good Looking":boohoo:

For Gates being such a smart man, that wasn't a very bright statement. It is a wish that he could easily grant himself, but obviously doesn't. Did he honestly think he would get sympathy from the masses. "Oh, poor Gates, all that money, what a cross to bear!":sidelol:

mor911
05-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Mor, I'm dissappointed :shakeno:. I've seen the stories of your adventures with the opposite sex. You mean to tell me you need Bill Gates-esq money to sleep with two chicks at the same time? Just come visit Hawai'i, it's commonplace to leave the clubs with two girls :wink:
Poor little 51... :shakeno:

The Mor was quoting Office Space... One of the greatest movies of our time.

Clark Kent
05-05-2006, 01:36 PM

I think that went way over your head...

I'll play along. Two chicks at the same time? You don't need a million dollars to do that mor.

d-day
05-05-2006, 01:38 PM

I'll play along. Two chicks at the same time? You don't need a million dollars to do that mor.

:lol: - especially from a guy who's favorite show revolves around references...

Nappy Roots
05-05-2006, 01:38 PM

:D

actually, he said that after the other guy said, "nothin"

d-day
05-05-2006, 01:40 PM
:D

actually, he said that after the other guy said, "nothin"

yeah, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Just take a look at my cousin, he's broke, don't do ****.

Philter25
05-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Two chicks at the same time. Lawrence rules. :lol:

I quote office space alllllll day long at work. :lol:

Agent51
05-05-2006, 01:48 PM

You know what, lol, I realized it was prolly an Office Space quote AFTER I wrote and submitted the response, but then I didn't feel like editing it (I'm super tired, haven't been to sleep in forever), so I figured I'd see how it panned out, but all it got me was D-Day making fun of Family Guy :fire: :lol: .

d-day
05-05-2006, 01:51 PM
You know what, lol, I realized it was prolly an Office Space quote AFTER I wrote and submitted the response, but then I didn't feel like editing it (I'm super tired, haven't been to sleep in forever), so I figured I'd see how it panned out, but all it got me was D-Day making fun of Family Guy :fire: :lol: .

:lol: - i won't lie, i loved the first 2 seasons of the show but then the novelty wore off... but i knew that would get you :evilmod:

Agent51
05-05-2006, 01:57 PM
:lol: - i won't lie, i loved the first 2 seasons of the show but then the novelty wore off... but i knew that would get you :evilmod:

It's ok, I didn't piss outside with two bike cops sitting RIGHT there :lol:

What ever happened with that anyway? When is court?

d-day
05-05-2006, 01:58 PM
It's ok, I didn't piss outside with two bike cops sitting RIGHT there :lol:

What ever happened with that anyway? When is court?

3days 18hours 2minutes and counting...

Roman529
05-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I don't think Bill Gates was saying he was unhappy being the world's richest man. He just feels being the world's richest man makes him a "target," and that being the richest man is pretty much what most people think of him, rather than being the inventor of Microsoft and the person who made personal computers available to everyone. I have to respect Bill for the billions of dollars he has given to charity. He also has said he won't be leaving most of his money to his kids. Smart man. :wink:

Agent51
05-05-2006, 02:00 PM
3days 18hours 2minutes and counting...

....until you go to the joint, :sidelol:

That was SO funny when you came into the 3am thread and said that.

*EDIT* Didn't even notice the countdown in your sig, lol, wow, I AM exhausted

Agent51
05-05-2006, 02:03 PM
I don't think Bill Gates was saying he was unhappy being the world's richest man. He just feels being the world's richest man makes him a "target," and that being the richest man is pretty much what most people think of him, rather than being the inventor of Microsoft and the person who made personal computers available to everyone. I have to respect Bill for the billions of dollars he has given to charity. He also has said he won't be leaving most of his money to his kids. Smart man. :wink:

He has done a lot with chairty. When I was in high school in my junior year my art class got like 20 brand new PCs donated to us for graphic design and animation studies by one of his funds.

Also, as far as not leaving his kids the money, that is smart, and I heard he said he wants to teach his kids about hard work and to make something from nothing, like he did, and doesn;t want them to jsut be lazy and live off his money, but can you IMAGINE being the kids? Your dad is worth BILLIONS and then he dies and you get nothing (well prolly not "nothing" but certainly not a fortune)? I'd BE PISSED.

PassRush
05-06-2006, 03:33 AM
I would give a third to charity, take a third to Vegas, with the other third I would do everything Agent said, only buy a few parking garages to run in my family so the money would never run out entirly.

That and two chicks at the same time

bullseyeguy
05-06-2006, 03:48 AM
He has done a lot with chairty. When I was in high school in my junior year my art class got like 20 brand new PCs donated to us for graphic design and animation studies by one of his funds.

Also, as far as not leaving his kids the money, that is smart, and I heard he said he wants to teach his kids about hard work and to make something from nothing, like he did, and doesn;t want them to jsut be lazy and live off his money, but can you IMAGINE being the kids? Your dad is worth BILLIONS and then he dies and you get nothing (well prolly not "nothing" but certainly not a fortune)? I'd BE PISSED.Id kill him in his sleep...I mean before he died...

Alex44
05-06-2006, 06:43 AM
Id buy the world and end war :lol:

Agent51
05-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Id buy the world and end war :lol:

That's very "Miss America" of you Alex22 :lol:

Alex44
05-06-2006, 08:45 AM
That's very "Miss America" of you Alex22 :lol:

No No :lol: I changed my mind on why I want the world

See if I owned the world I would own everything within the world.....I could make my own rules, and everyone would have to obey them

'Guys go jump off a cliff, girls come to my house'

spydertl79
05-06-2006, 10:38 AM

Not one of... THE greatest movie of all time.