PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!!!!

Agent51
05-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Today, "no later than 3pm" I will have my BRAND NEW 2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000! This will be my second bike, as I currently own a 2004 GSX-R600. This 1000 is a pretty big power upgrade, lol. It is SO friggin fast. My 600 ws plenty fast, this one is just RIDICULOUSY fast. My 600 is yellow and black, this one is blue and grey and white, for now anyway. I don;t liek the color at all, but there were only 3 color choices for the 2006 1000s so I just picked one and I am going to get a custom paintjob on it within a week. For some reason the 2006 1000 series doesn't come in the yellow/black scheme. Anyway, here is my new bike:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I can't WAIT til they call me. I haven't been to sleep yet, I'm too excited to sleep. It's only 6:30am here, I have to wait SO long, lol. I could have taken it home yesterday, when I signed all the paperwork to fnance it, but they have this thing where THEY will go register it for you and get the plates and stuff at the DMV, so I let them do it cuz I HATE the DMV, lol. Figured waiting one extra day is well worth not having to deal wth the DMV. Anyway, I'm sitting here, super ancy (like when yuo were a little kid and you were trying to go to sleep on Xmass Eve). They said I will get the call to come get it no later than 3pm. I can't wait to cruise it up the Kamehameha Highway, which is a coastal Highway with the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other, literally FEET from the road. Think the PCH highway in California, except the road isn't up on a cliff, it's at sea level (for the most part).

TotoreMexico
05-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Congrats man! :clap:

Pagan
05-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Nice ride bro! :up:

Watch yourself out there! :lol:

UCFinfan86
05-05-2006, 12:48 PM
that looks sick

dreday
05-05-2006, 12:54 PM
The ladies love these 51.Nice find.:cool2:

Agent51
05-05-2006, 12:57 PM
that looks sick

It is dude, like I said, my 600 is nasty, and this thing destroys it. When I took it on the test drive it took me about 4 seconds to decide it was final, I was buying it. Those 4 seconds came when I merged onto the highway and gunned it. I almost crapped my pants, lol, the difference in power between the too was shocking. I honestly don;t see why you'd NEED more than 600ccs for just everyday riding, but hey, they make up to 1000 (in the GSX model) so I'm not complaining, lol.

And thanks for the congrats Totore and Pagan, I'll be carefull, lol. I'll prolly take it for a quick ride up to the North Shore today, then go home and crash because I'm goin on like 24+hrs of no sleep, lol.

Agent51
05-05-2006, 12:59 PM
The ladies love these 51.Nice find.:cool2:

Hell yea they do, especially when you take one of these up the coastal highway. I can't even begin to tell you how many how tourist chicks butts have been on the bakc of my 600 for a ride up the coast, lol :wink:

dreday
05-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Hell yea they do, especially when you take one of these up the coastal highway. I can't even begin to tell you how many how tourist chicks butts have been on the bakc of my 600 for a ride up the coast, lol :wink:
Cool..I know youll have some pics for us when you break it in.:wink:

GreenMonster
05-05-2006, 01:08 PM
It is dude, like I said, my 600 is nasty, and this thing destroys it. When I took it on the test drive it took me about 4 seconds to decide it was final, I was buying it. Those 4 seconds came when I merged onto the highway and gunned it. I almost crapped my pants, lol, the difference in power between the too was shocking. I honestly don;t see why you'd NEED more than 600ccs for just everyday riding, but hey, they make up to 1000 (in the GSX model) so I'm not complaining, lol.

And thanks for the congrats Totore and Pagan, I'll be carefull, lol. I'll prolly take it for a quick ride up to the North Shore today, then go home and crash because I'm goin on like 24+hrs of no sleep, lol.

Very nice Agent, its a big step up.. My friend has one of the fastest 1000's in the Atl, he should he has spent a ton on it.. He has the older black, yellow, silver one.. The new 1000's look sweet, have fun riding today..

Agent51
05-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Very nice Agent, its a big step up.. My friend has one of the fastest 1000's in the Atl, he should he has spent a ton on it.. He has the older black, yellow, silver one.. The new 1000's look sweet, have fun riding today..

Yea, HUGE step, it's like a "Neil Armstrong on the moon" step, lol. I did some upgrades to my 600, but I'm not sure if I am going to do anything (aside from new paint, because the color is gross, lol) to this one. It honestly might be TOO fast for my own good already, aftermarket parts to make it faster is just ASKING for trouble. Right now anyway. Once I've had it for awhile and the newfound power and speed upgrade that comes with jumpinf from 600 to 1000ccs loses it's novelty a little bit and it just feel like another normal bike to me, then I may consider the upgrades. It would be stupid, and a death wish, for me to do any of that right now. I'm an adrenaline junkie, and making this thing faster than it already is would not be in my best intrest for the time being, lollol.

GRAPEAPE
05-05-2006, 01:16 PM
What kind of helmet laws do they have on the islands??

Agent51
05-05-2006, 01:25 PM
What kind of helmet laws do they have on the islands??

Under 18 you have to wear a helmet, over 18 it's your own discretion, but if the motorcycle doesn;t have a windscreen then you are technically supposed to wear glasses or goggles or some other form of eye protection, but they don't enforce that one strictly, as I see people with sportbikes ride all the time with no glasses or anything. I ALWAYS wear sunglasses when I ride. I have ever since I lived in Rhode Island. I got my first bike there and I was riding along the beach road and a gnat went in my eye, and I almost dumped the bike. Ever since I have worn at LEAST sunglasses.

d-day
05-05-2006, 01:27 PM
congrats on the new ride 51 :dday: - i have no clue how to ride a motorcycle...

:couch:

Megatron
05-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Sick ride man, be safe, and get some scrumph.

GreenMonster
05-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Under 18 you have to wear a helmet, over 18 it's your own discretion, but if the motorcycle doesn;t have a windscreen then you are technically supposed to wear glasses or goggles or some other form of eye protection, but they don't enforce that one strictly, as I see people with sportbikes ride all the time with no glasses or anything. I ALWAYS wear sunglasses when I ride. I have ever since I lived in Rhode Island. I got my first bike there and I was riding along the beach road and a gnat went in my eye, and I almost dumped the bike. Ever since I have worn at LEAST sunglasses.

When I get some money up I will probably get a 600.. Most of my friends have bikes, although I have resisted the urge so far, it has been so nice to ride lately and I barely know how.. I would love to tour the islands on a bike..

ChrisKo
05-05-2006, 01:43 PM
RIDE SAFE!!!! And take it slow the first few months!

My friend went from a Yamaha R6 to a GSX-R1000 and it took him exatly 3 weeks before he dropped the bike and totalled it. He quickly realized he really wasn't ready to jump to that big of a bike.

Hope everything works out better for you.

Nappy Roots
05-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Today, "no later than 3pm" I will have my BRAND NEW 2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000! This will be my second bike, as I currently own a 2004 GSX-R600. This 1000 is a pretty big power upgrade, lol. It is SO friggin fast. My 600 ws plenty fast, this one is just RIDICULOUSY fast. My 600 is yellow and black, this one is blue and grey and white, for now anyway. I don;t liek the color at all, but there were only 3 color choices for the 2006 1000s so I just picked one and I am going to get a custom paintjob on it within a week. For some reason the 2006 1000 series doesn't come in the yellow/black scheme. Anyway, here is my new bike:
http://www.mcnews.com.au/Wallpaper/Suzuki/GSXR1000/2006/blue-white_rhf_1024.jpg

I can't WAIT til they call me. I haven't been to sleep yet, I'm too excited to sleep. It's only 6:30am here, I have to wait SO long, lol. I could have taken it home yesterday, when I signed all the paperwork to fnance it, but they have this thing where THEY will go register it for you and get the plates and stuff at the DMV, so I let them do it cuz I HATE the DMV, lol. Figured waiting one extra day is well worth not having to deal wth the DMV. Anyway, I'm sitting here, super ancy (like when yuo were a little kid and you were trying to go to sleep on Xmass Eve). They said I will get the call to come get it no later than 3pm. I can't wait to cruise it up the Kamehameha Highway, which is a coastal Highway with the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other, literally FEET from the road. Think the PCH highway in California, except the road isn't up on a cliff, it's at sea level (for the most part).

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

damn man! this summer im going to get a GSX-R600, which is going to be PLENTY of bike for me. i honestly might **** myself on the 1000, and then wreck. that would be to much for me.

Congrats on that man! and be careful on that big *** thing

Agent51
05-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Thanks everyone, I can't friggin wait for the phone call.

Yea, the 600-1000 jump is HUGE, hence me not adding any performance parts for a LONG time, if at all. Like I said, I almost crapped myself when I got onto the freeway and gunned it, I wasn expecting a lot more power, but not THAT much, lol. The 600 is great, and I still have it. That is honestly plenty of power, but I have always wanted a 1000 (I have no clue why, lol, it's just this "feeling" I have) and I didn't wanna go buy a 750 just to take baby steps towards the 1000 because then in a year or two I'd buy the 1000 and have wasted $10,000 on the 750, lol. I think I am going to avoid the highways for awhile with this one, the big ones anyway. The coastal highway is only one lane on each side, so it's not really a "highway" even though they call it one. but as far as the freeway, like the H1 and H3, I think I'm gonna steer clear until I am super comfortable on the bike and with it's power, only because I can see it now, I'll get on the highway, with all the straight aways and just have that urge to gun it.

TJamesW_phinfan
05-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Very nice! Congrats! :)

Roman529
05-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Congrats and be careful with that thing. I haven't ridden a motorbike since I had a Honda 50 when I was about 10. :wink:

Timmy54
05-05-2006, 05:27 PM
now i am jelous of that ride!! i want one!!