PDA

View Full Version : It's now time. (merged)

dolfan87
03-17-2003, 05:00 PM
I know this is off-topic, but our off-season is about to become a tad more stressful. President Bush is giving a speech tonight at 8 pm est., letting us all know that the war will begin in the next day or so.

I just want to say right now that I back our guys, and gals, who are risking their health and very lives with the protection of our country.

We all know of the weapons Saddam has in his arsenal, and I just pray that we are able to fully protect all the troops from his chemical, and biological assualt.

This thread is for supporting our troops, and also for us to just have a place to let our feelings out. I know this can get ugly fast, so I am asking all of you to moderate yourselves as much as you can, and please observe all TOS rules.

God Bless our Troops, and may this end quickly.

87 :patriot:

LeftCoastPhin
03-17-2003, 05:02 PM
I agree. I dont want war, but I support the decision to go to war if it comes to that. Most of all, thanks and prayers to our troops, the finest in the world.

Penthos
03-17-2003, 05:06 PM
As far as foreign policy goes... I support our troops... Thats about it.

HofCityFan
03-17-2003, 05:53 PM
does anybody else feel like me were in a no win situation cause if we do goto war we know what everbody else thinks of that Idea, but if we don't go in a get rid of him, you know, when he does use his weapons the same countries who did't want us to stop him will be the first ones crying how th US show of done something to prevent it

iceblizzard69
03-17-2003, 06:02 PM
I support the war but I would rather see this resolve peacefully, but that isn't going to happen now. Hopefully this will be as quick a war as I think it will be.

Predaphin
03-17-2003, 06:04 PM
Bomb now ,Inspect later!!!! I support our troops,president and country!!!

LeftCoastPhin
03-17-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by HofCityFan
does anybody else feel like me were in a no win situation cause if we do goto war we know what everbody else thinks of that Idea, but if we don't go in a get rid of him, you know, when he does use his weapons the same countries who did't want us to stop him will be the first ones crying how th US show of done something to prevent it

I hear that. In this case an ounce of prevention is worth more then a pound of cure.

DrAstroZoom
03-17-2003, 06:21 PM
The one thing that's been lost in all this -- and it's a position I hold very strongly -- is that sometimes the right thing to do is not the most popular thing in the world. Simply saying "War is wrong because everyone thinks so" is not reason enough to abandon a course that is hard, to be sure, but just.

Let's hope the war ends soon and that democracy takes root in Iraq.

DeDolfan
03-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
I know this is off-topic, but our off-season is about to become a tad more stressful. President Bush is giving a speech tonight at 8 pm est., letting us all know that the war will begin in the next day or so.

I just want to say right now that I back our guys, and gals, who are risking their health and very lives with the protection of our country.

We all know of the weapons Saddam has in his arsenal, and I just pray that we are able to fully protect all the troops from his chemical, and biological assualt.

This thread is for supporting our troops, and also for us to just have a place to let our feelings out. I know this can get ugly fast, so I am asking all of you to moderate yourselves as much as you can, and please observe all TOS rules.

God Bless our Troops, and may this end quickly.

87 :patriot:

My stance ever since 9/11 was that being war was declared on terrorism (of any kind) the ultimatun should have been laid down then, The "either you're with us or you're against us" is not the same. It leaves some doubt as did the November resolution with "Sadom" having to disarm immediately or face serious consequences. They should have said "or we'll come in and kick your ass" in real terminolgy and not "politically correct" terminolgy. Anyway, this is all hindsight, but last year, it should have been laid out that any country that aids any terrorists group in any way will be dealt with forcefully in a manner deemed necessary. If you can not take care of the problem yourself, ask for help. We'll be glad to help. However, if you stand by and do nothing, then we'll come and take care of the whole lot of you. it would only take once or twice and all the "questionable nations" would fall in line real quick.
Fast forward to the present. I was against going into Iraq, period cuz I thought there are other ways to get rid of "Sadom". However, when he said the other day that if we attack Iraq, then he will carry the war ANYWHERE in the world. How?? Well folks, when he said that, IMO he may have just as well said that "I support and engage in terrorism". Iraq cannot carry a war anywhere outside of where it is, therefore it would have to be by terrorism itself that he can carry out anything elsewhere. So my feeling now is for "Sadom" should bend over and stick his head up his ass and kiss it goodbye. He done F***ed by big time now.

Anyway, godspeed to any and all of our great people having to deal with this. Trust me, I know how they feel.

DD...........................................

dolphan39
03-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I support the war but I would rather see this resolve peacefully, but that isn't going to happen now. Hopefully this will be as quick a war as I think it will be. hopefully we can beat Israel's record of 6 days, but highly unlikely when you are conquering a country instead of defending yours. I am pulling for the Iraqi people, particularly those in the military to realize that they are going to be sacrificed and to surrender in droves.

:patriot:

Amars
03-17-2003, 06:27 PM
I don't agree with war and killing lives. Let the inspectors do there job.

inFINSible
03-17-2003, 06:29 PM
All I can think about is watching those towers come down and I want some retribution for that.....I don't know what happened to OBL, he seems to be a forgotten man right now, but I also believe that SH is responsible for as much if not more terrorism than OBL and if we can't find OBL....Saddam will do..........

I also believe that this war will not be like the Gulf War.....oh sure we will be far Superior and likely roll into Baghdad within months but I think before it's all said and done Hussien will cause or be responsible for a least one horrible act against humanity. Whether it be nuclear, or biological, or chemical I don't know but SOMETHING will happen and many lives will be lost.....After that....anything could happen......It could be just the dieing breath of an evil dictator or it could draw others into the conflict and result in WWIII......If that happens.....I don't think there will be a WWIV....

I'm truely torn on this issue........ I want retribution but I think the ramifications of war could be catastrophic.

I'm not scared but, I'm real nervous.

ckparrothead
03-17-2003, 06:43 PM
I won't shed a tear when Saddam gets a bullet in the back of the head. He's a genocidal maniac who declared war on many peoples and used genocidal tactics on the kurds in the north of his country.

But I also don't think war is necessarily the answer. I question the timing of this war. I question the feeble attempts to link Saddam Hussein with a man like Osama bin Laden. Just because we believe them both to be evil, doesn't mean they are in cahoots. The fact of the matter is they hate each other because Osama supports the Kurds and Saddam has been at war with the Kurds as much or more than any other group including Israel and the US.

You say we all know they have chemical and biological weapons. I say, how do I know? I don't know that. I know what this administration is telling me, but I also know what this administration has said in the past that has turned out to be flat out lies particularly Dick Cheney.

Bottom line with me is we're waging an aggressive war on a country and leader who has done no more wrong than a dozen other countries in the world, but since this was Big Bush's previous target, it became Little Bush's next likely target when the Afghan war started to get boring enough to the American people that they started to pay attention to the economy a little bit and came on the brink of realization that we're headed toward recession. Whoops, better occupy them with another war....at the cheap price of only a trillion dollars and thousands of american lives not to mention tens of thousands of those pesky subhuman muslims.

Read a funny editorial not too long ago that figured out what the price would be of dropping tons of IOU's all over the Iraqi population that were checks for like $5000 redeemable at the nearest American P.O.W. camp. Not to go into details but it would actually cost less than this war.

But whats the good of spending billions upon billions for new war toys if ya don't get to use them every now and then in the name of "justice"

iceblizzard69
03-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by dolphan39
hopefully we can beat Israel's record of 6 days, but highly unlikely when you are conquering a country instead of defending yours. I am pulling for the Iraqi people, particularly those in the military to realize that they are going to be sacrificed and to surrender in droves.

:patriot:

My prediction, with this whole "1,000 bombs in 24 hours" thing, is that the war will take 3-4 days. Iraq is a lot weaker than they once were, and I don't think this is going to be a hard war to win.

aquaman
03-17-2003, 06:54 PM
The thing is that we as a country feel wounded and vundrable due to what happened on 9-11. We were attacked and SH probably opened a bottle of camel piss in celebration. We have to let our enmies know that now we are going after you if we get info that you are up to no good.. we are not just waiting around. this is a statement war and the statement is DO NOT F WITH US .This guy is scum, he is a roach that does not belong in this world and must be dealt with. All these actors and activist can say that they do not ant war and blah blah but if things get ugly they're the first ones wondering why we did not prevent it and getting all emotional on 20/20 and dateline. Screw them .. we go in we blow up some a-holes and get out as fast as possible. WE ARE ALL ONE!! and even if you do not support the war you live here and enjoy all of this countrys fruits so be glad we are preventing you from having to grow breads and wear brukas. GOD BLESS OUR BOYS AND GIRLS and GOd BLess The USA.

ckparrothead
03-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Thats pretty much a myth dude. Its just the kinda thing that people who don't like anti-war people would like to believe about them but it has no basis in reality. All this "the ones who decry the war are the first ones to complain blah blah blah" is just a bunch of nonsense.

aquaman
03-17-2003, 07:05 PM
Ck.. its not true.. I have seen it 1st hand . I have seen people go from oh we so bad we're so wrong and then the Crap hits the fan and they are the 1st ones saying why did we let this happen. If you dont believe it just look at that country 90 miles off of Florida. they stood around and got fleeced and still to this day people who supported a revolution are wondering why it happened and why nothing was done to stop it. I am glad GWB has some cojones and Tony Blair says Fu to the UN. This war needs to happen in order to rid the earth of a cancer that can infect a great deal of our brothers and sisters sharing this planet. I hope SH dies in a cloud of mustard gas.

mikefan22
03-17-2003, 07:33 PM
NICE CALL 87!!

dolfan87
03-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by mikefan22
NICE CALL 87!!

:hitself: Well, now I am starting to wonder if it was...lol

I would like to throw a few things in here.

First of all, to me this thing has to do with Saddam, and not OBL. Saddam also backs terrorist groups, and in fact has said (as an earlier poster commented on) that he will take this war around the world. That's terrorism.

Now if he doesn't have chemical, and biological weapons, then why is he as of right now (my source is fox news network) arming his elite fighters with chemical weapons? He has in fact brought almost all of his best army troops into Bahgdad (sp?).

This is either because he is going to release some serious stuff farther to the north in order to try and stop us there, and further protecting his troops (while also killing more Kurds much to his delight) or he is going to go out in a blaze of glory right there in his capital.

I sure hope it's the latter.

He had 12 years to disarm. Didn't do it, and only now after the threat of force does he even begin to show some token disarming. He invaded another country, killed 5000 of his own people with chemical gas, did not allow a single inspector in for years, and now it has come to this.

Anyone with children will understand how you deal with a bratty kid. Telling them you are going to punish them, over and over, and over again, does not get them to stop. It's only when you back your words with actual punishment, that the child learns you mean business.

Time for Saddam to get a spankin. ;)

AntMarino13
03-17-2003, 08:00 PM
There's only 1 good thing about going to war; getting our economy out of this slump

T-ROCK
03-17-2003, 08:08 PM
When we're done in Iraq we should then go directly to France...

I wish there was an alternative to war, but there is not...

dolfan87
03-17-2003, 08:17 PM
The French are good for nothing but saying "we give up". It's sad that when you bail a country out twice, they still pull this crap.

iceblizzard69
03-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by AntMarino13
There's only 1 good thing about going to war; getting our economy out of this slump

That is a myth. This war won't help our economy, it will really raise gas prices, the only companies who benefit are the ones who provide to the military. The only war that really ever helped the economy was WW2.

I support the war, but I don't think the short term effects on the economy will be good, in this case it may help the long term because of oil.

ckparrothead
03-17-2003, 08:54 PM
A major world war that lasts years can cause the country to begin to expand its production abilities. That will not happen here and has not happened since WWII. All that will happen here is to expend the amount of resources we've gathered up. The Gulf War did not get us out of a slump, it put us in one.

We bailed a lot of countries out during WWI and WWII. And in WWII the Russians helped bail us out, without them we probably would not have won that war to the degree that we did. Does that mean we have to play slave to the Russians? Does that mean every country in Europe has to bow to our wishes?

When you do a favor, its called a favor because you don't expect repayment. If we went in there and saved them and in return expected them to bow to our will for the next century, I don't call that a favor. No better than the Germans.

ckparrothead
03-17-2003, 08:59 PM
By the way does anyone else find it rather ironic that we're painting Saddam to be such an evil man because he has the same kinds of weapons that we've been producing and outfitting various military equipment with for decades?

To my knowledge the only country in the world to use weapons of mass destruction in a war is...you guessed it, us. Oh, and if we didn't use the Atomic Bomb in WWII, there's documentary evidence that the next option was outfitting our forces with gas weapons that would have killed even more innocents.

The use of warfare to solve world problems (especially non-critical ones such as this) just shows a remarkable lack of creativity. We go in there alone and we pay the price.

dolfan87
03-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Ck, I appreciate your point of view on this thing, and I understand how you feel.

However what difference does it make if it is war time or not? Gassing 5000 Kurds, attacking Kawait, harboring, and aiding in terrorist activity...plus having the entire world tell him he no longer is allowed to posses these weapons. Are these reasons not enough to remove the man from power?

The use of warfare to solve world problems (especially non-critical ones such as this) just shows a remarkable lack of creativity. We go in there alone and we pay the price.

We are not going alone, we have the Aussies, Brits, Spain, and Polish going with us.

It's the French. We would have had ten countries pass a new resolution, however France's promise to veto caused several of those countries to back out knowing full well it wouldn't matter what they voted, and why risk political persecution.

I am for getting this over with, and removing Saddam from power.

BSQX4
03-17-2003, 10:09 PM
Godspeed to all of our Military Personnel in harms way. May our attack be decisive and successful, our mission accomplished and may the world be ridded of Saddam forever. I always favor the peaceful solution when possible but this guy has laughed in our faces for too long. Saddam and his sons still have 48 hours to leave Iraq and avoid the inevitable. Let's hope he is smart enough to do so. If not I pray for a very percise military exercise and a swift end to the conflict. God bless all of us.

Bodzilla29
03-17-2003, 10:35 PM
since this is a football mb i will keep this as un-political as possible:

peace to all the innocents; f@ck EVERYBODY else

T-ROCK
03-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ckparrothead

To my knowledge the only country in the world to use weapons of mass destruction in a war is...you guessed it, us.

In defense of ourselves, after being dragged into a war not of our making...

There is no comparison between those events and the current situation in Iraq...

As for us being the only ones:

Hitler...

or do you not consider the attempted extermination of a people NOT AT WITH WITH A COUNTRY using weapons of mass destruction???

T-ROCK
03-17-2003, 10:39 PM
not sure if I am right on this, but wasn't France the only country that actually said they would veto??? didn't the others just say they didn't support us unilaterally...

Kamikaze
03-17-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm not here to debate, just make some brief remarks.

I remain steadfast in my opposition to this war. My avvy and title reflect this. Given America's track record in "installing democracy" I've no reason to feel we'll do the same here. However, I'm holding out hope that somehow, as few people as possible die, that we actually make Iraq a democratic nation, and that terrorism is greatly subdued. IMO there is a 99.9% chance that WON'T happen, but if it does, I promise to take back most of the nasty things I've said about Shrub. Right now, let's plan for the worst-case scenario and hope for the best-case scenario.

I will always support our young men and women serving (they're my peers after all) and I hope they all come home safe and sound. I also support the people of Iraq and their fighting men as well, they don't deserve to die either. I will never support Bush nor Hussein for once again proving the world is run by greedy old men, and using our young people to fight their battles.

Barbarian
03-18-2003, 12:36 AM
That is a myth. This war won't help our economy, it will really raise gas prices, the only companies who benefit are the ones who provide to the military. The only war that really ever helped the economy was WW2.

Actually heres the facts. With regards to oil, only a very tiny portion of Iraqi oil is out in the market right now. A successful war will result in a dropping of the blockade, and allowing Iraq to place it's oil back into the market.

Economics 101: What happens when supply increases? Thats right, prices go down.

And The uncertainty over the war is the driving factor of many (note, many, not all) of the negative economic statistics that we have seen recently. (allthough an incompetant President has alot to do with it as well). With the coming and relative quick ending of the war, those fears and uncertainty will be eased, thus freeing up people to get back to buisiness as normal. (the other problem we will have to wait untill the next election to take care of. ;) )

I support the war, but I don't think the short term effects on the economy will be good, in this case it may help the long term because of oil.

It depends on what your definition of short term is... over the next month? Your probably right. But over the next 3-6 months I would say that there should be a significant positive effect.

dolfan87
03-18-2003, 12:45 AM
Too support your theory Barbarian, if everyone will notice, with the President announcing we are going to war, the DOW jumped 283 points.

Something to ponder.

Jaj
03-18-2003, 02:05 AM
I support every man and woman who will serve in the war against Iraq. I think this is the only option left. I am so sick and tired of the French and their dealings with Iraq. They have a lot of oil contracts with them. Time to go is what I say.

Won't take long. I say two weeks with a less than a thousand casualties. Slightly more than the Gulf War, but not too much. Note I have nothing against the French people themselves...

The U.N. is bull****. A sad attempt at keeping peace.

Nato on the other hand is what I see as the meaning of power. You just can't have peace without some sort of fear of being disobedient.

I think we will be seeing gas price around 90 cents or so a gallon soon.

Godspeed to those who will fight against Iraq.:patriot:

HofCityFan
03-18-2003, 02:11 AM
I agree with you Jaj on the reason France is so opposed and Russia and Germany to a less degree is who do you think has been selling the the things that Iraq needs to them.

dolfan06
03-18-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by HofCityFan
I agree with you Jaj on the reason France is so opposed and Russia and Germany to a less degree is who do you think has been selling the the things that Iraq needs to them. of course france is worried, france helped build iraq's power plants, if a new regime takes over, they don't have to recognize that debt! FRANCE LOSES! not that saddam will pay them anyway!:rolleyes:

Jaj
03-18-2003, 02:23 AM
I can't stand this bull****. I just can't. We helped the French twice. They were in deep **** two times. When they helped us in the Revolution we kept making fair deals with them and supporting them. We still think of them as heros in the American Revolution in some ways.

Germany to me is a strange one. I love their work ethic. They really are very intelligent people, but are just really afraid of another big war. They were crushed economically after both wars(more in the first offcourse).

Russia is the animal. Sounds strange now, but I see them changing their view once their oil deals are kept and prices are lowered in their country.

I see them as our greatest ally twenty years from now. Sounds strange? What would George Washington think of our greatest ally being the British?

This thing about allies bugs me. They are just their to garner support. The only one who could help us a little with their air force is Britain.

Ducken
03-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Too support your theory Barbarian, if everyone will notice, with the President announcing we are going to war, the DOW jumped 283 points.

Something to ponder.

I agree with this whole theory also. and I would think the market will be up 125- 180 today. And Iraq has the 2nd largest oil reserves in the world. so that oil can be used to rebuild iraq, thus lessoning the cost dramaticly, to the U.S.

Oh almost forgot, that big whooosh you all heard lastnight alittle after 8 pm eastern, was the sound of Sadam's A$$ sucking in air as his pucker factor blew off the charts.:evil:

Also keep in mind that his troops have alrready started surrendering to the Brits last week.

DeDolfan
03-18-2003, 10:09 AM
:hitself: Well, now I am starting to wonder if it was...lol

I would like to throw a few things in here.

First of all, to me this thing has to do with Saddam, and not OBL. Saddam also backs terrorist groups, and in fact has said (as an earlier poster commented on) that he will take this war around the world. That's terrorism.

Now if he doesn't have chemical, and biological weapons, then why is he as of right now (my source is fox news network) arming his elite fighters with chemical weapons? He has in fact brought almost all of his best army troops into Bahgdad (sp?).

This is either because he is going to release some serious stuff farther to the north in order to try and stop us there, and further protecting his troops (while also killing more Kurds much to his delight) or he is going to go out in a blaze of glory right there in his capital.

I sure hope it's the latter.

He had 12 years to disarm. Didn't do it, and only now after the threat of force does he even begin to show some token disarming. He invaded another country, killed 5000 of his own people with chemical gas, did not allow a single inspector in for years, and now it has come to this.

Anyone with children will understand how you deal with a bratty kid. Telling them you are going to punish them, over and over, and over again, does not get them to stop. It's only when you back your words with actual punishment, that the child learns you mean business.

Time for Saddam to get a spankin. ;)

87, as I said before, I now support a war with Iraq because "Sadom" has all but used the words that he supports terrorism. IMO, that's enought to go in. However, it doesn't mean that we couldn't fight "fire with fire" and use terrorists tactics to take him out. The only difference would be S"adom" that is terrorized and not the innocents. A few well trained sniper teams in a covert operation could do possible wonders. The end result would be the same, ie rid of the bastard plus we save the billions spent blowing the joint up and then use those funds to help build their infrastructure w/o having to aquire additional billions. That would be the biggest win/win scenario of all. plus terrorists groups may think twice in knowing that we'll use their same tactics.........against THEM tho.
Anyway, IMO, the timing is bad. If Boy George started this a year ago then we may be doing this with the rest of the world's "blessing" perhaps. Granted, he has botched up the diplomatic means but then again, I've not ever been much of a diplomatic type anyway. IMO, it's just usually a kiss ass approach anyway and at least W has the gonads to not back down from his convictions. he [finally] set a deadline and stuck to it !!

stay tuned for part II............time and place to be determined later !!! :)

DD..............................................

iceblizzard69
03-18-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Barbarian
Actually heres the facts. With regards to oil, only a very tiny portion of Iraqi oil is out in the market right now. A successful war will result in a dropping of the blockade, and allowing Iraq to place it's oil back into the market.

Economics 101: What happens when supply increases? Thats right, prices go down.

And The uncertainty over the war is the driving factor of many (note, many, not all) of the negative economic statistics that we have seen recently. (allthough an incompetant President has alot to do with it as well). With the coming and relative quick ending of the war, those fears and uncertainty will be eased, thus freeing up people to get back to buisiness as normal. (the other problem we will have to wait untill the next election to take care of. ;) )

It depends on what your definition of short term is... over the next month? Your probably right. But over the next 3-6 months I would say that there should be a significant positive effect.

I think the short-term effects on the economy will last one month or even less, mainly because I think this war will be extremely short and after that the oil prices will stay up for a while. After that, the oil prices will signifigantly drop, which will really help the economy. Opening up Iraqi oil to the world will really help Europe more than us, however, because they get more of their oil from the Middle East than we do. However, I think after this war, we will start to get more oil out of Iraq to help their new government.

fin-atic
03-18-2003, 04:20 PM
Let the record show I officially agree with CKParrothead on this. A rare agreement between he and I.

I think the link between Al Queda and 9/11 has not been made. I think if there is overwhelming evidence about Iraq and its weapons programs then it needs to be made public. I believe that there is a greater agenda to this war and I believe it has to do with salvaging a Presidency that is in trouble at home, it has to do with awarding big defense and rebuidling contracts to lobbyist as well as having access to the oil. The whole thing wreaks and I don;t like the feeling of it.

That being said, I support our troops. The day the first bomb drops I will start flying the flag at home until Saddam falls. I will pray for a quick and efficent attack that will result in the minimum loss of life.

Then Dubya can focus at home and see if the economy responds to the post war era surge that usually occurs.

MNFINFAN
03-18-2003, 07:01 PM
My prediction, with this whole "1,000 bombs in 24 hours" thing, is that the war will take 3-4 days. Iraq is a lot weaker than they once were, and I don't think this is going to be a hard war to win.

Didn't they say that about Vietnam??

I personally think that this war hasn't anything to do with Sadamm as it has to do with getting one back for Big Bush and getting the Oil for Big Ears, Cheney and Condoleeza.

I mean the Bush's are the biggest crooks out there
http://www.campaignwatch.org/details.htm#SCHEIM

What happened to OBL?? Wasn't he the priority?? Funny how 6 months after 9/11 he no longer was.... He is the one responsible for taking down the towers, I mean lets gut and destroy the people who attack us, North Korea is the bigger threat right now, they are led by another loony, have a N-Bomb and not only that have rockets that can hit the Western US. Iraq's rockets can get 30 feet before the freaking camel dies of exhaustion!!! He should not be a priority, lets follow the laws that are set up in place and follow the UN resolutions.

Really if you think about it if the US goes to war w/o UN agreement, hey what is to stop them from putiing Sanctions against the US? The National Debt is going towrds the trillion$ amount again, this means we import a **** load of stuff, personally my company will go down the crapper if this ever happens and sanctions are enforced against the US.

I will support the troops and I feel very bad for them, I have a friend that was sent over 2 weeks ago and I pray for him and his wife and kids. Lets hope there is a peaceful resolution and that all troops involved are able to return to their loved ones.

badfoot
03-18-2003, 07:02 PM
We need not connect saddam to anyone else besides himself and his (unbilievably)more sadistic twisted sons. This is not about binladen... Its about a man who is very dangerous and has shown that he is insane enough to enforce his sick will on an entire country ... NOW is our country doing this for our own capitalistic little ideals? YES I hate bush but as asinine as he is he realizes that saddam needs to be removed from any posistion of power . and of course the obvious benefits of oil and easing an already volitile area of the world ...He could come out smelling like a rose if the armed forces can wipe that sob out quickly .. and i for one believe they will god bless all those who fight for the rights that allow us to be on this board and express our INDIVIDUAL opinions .

mike_vee
03-18-2003, 09:05 PM
I SUPPORT THE U.S. IN ALL THIS AND I'M VERY EMBARASSED , AND DISGUSTED WITH MY GOVERNMENT OF CANADA , THEY ARE A BUNCH OF WIMPS . IF IT WASN'T FOR THE U.S US CANADIANS WOULD HAVE NOTHING BUT OUR COLD WINTERS HERE , GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL THE TROOPS IN IRAQ , LETS GO OUT THERE AND KICK SOME IRAQIE ASS !!!!!!!!! :mad:

dolfan87
03-18-2003, 09:10 PM
MNFIN, the world needs the U.S. more than the U.S. needs the world. The European economy is in the toilet right now, (worse than us if you can believe that) and adding economic sanctions against the country who buys and sells the most to the entire world, not to mention loans money, and supports several countries, would not happen. Not right now.

We have over 40 countries backing us as of today, and the French announced that if Saddam uses any kind of chemical, or biological weapons, they will be adding to our forces.

This war is a scary thing to me, considering Saddam might have several sleeper terrorist cells hiding anywhere, with anything from dirty bombs to chemical, or biological stock piles.

My biggest fear is that the S.O.B. HAS a nuke, draws our troops into Baghdad, and since he is going out anyway...pops his own capital in order to take us with him.

Even through all of my fears, I know this is something we need to do. Osama is being chased, and we still have a legit force over there hunting him down. Saddam is just the next step in this war on terrorism.

N Korea might be next, but we have to do what we have to do to take care of ourselves.

You can be damn sure that if Moscow had two planes take down a couple buildings like how we had done to us...they would be a huntin.

iceblizzard69
03-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by mike_vee
I SUPPORT THE U.S. IN ALL THIS AND I'M VERY EMBARASSED , AND DISGUSTED WITH MY GOVERNMENT OF CANADA , THEY ARE A BUNCH OF WIMPS . IF IT WASN'T FOR THE U.S US CANADIANS WOULD HAVE NOTHING BUT OUR COLD WINTERS HERE , GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL THE TROOPS IN IRAQ , LETS GO OUT THERE AND KICK SOME IRAQIE ASS !!!!!!!!! :mad:

:up:

Thanks for the support man!

Bodzilla29
03-18-2003, 11:18 PM
the W stands for "Warlord"

Baz
03-19-2003, 03:43 AM
I'm with CKparrothead and fin-atic. Personally, I think this is a war for Bush to save face. He has done a lot of nothing since being elected. He has had the economy fail under him. He needs things to turn around, and quick. What do you do? War has historically shown to improve the economy (or so history 121 told me), and improve support for the president. He needs economy and support. What makes me mad is that he is willing to sacrifice America's youth to help his approval rating. One of my good friends is being deployed, along with a few coworkers of mine. What I fear most right now is being drafted. I do NOT want to go and fight an almost meaningless war (my opinion). If we were being attacked ot invaded, they'd have to hold me back from grabbing the damn gun, but not with a war over oil......

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 05:44 AM
Baz... I wouldent worry about the draft man... There is a better chance of it raining donuts than the government re-instating the draft. And even if they did, you are a college student if I recall correctly, so you get off scott free there as well.

We could be at war with all of europe and you wouldent get drafted (unless the war lasted untill after you got out of college.. but thats another story.)

Oh, and to whomever compared this war to Vietnam... trust me man, I've been over there and this is definately no vietnam. If this war lasts 2 months (the actual war, not the occupation) I'll eat my shorts.

and you can quote me on that and I'll even post pictures.

dolfan87
03-19-2003, 09:51 AM
I have to give our president the benefit of the doubt on this Iraq thing. He has information we are not privy too, and to assume that this whole thing is over oil, or simply to improve our economy...well I want to give the man a chance to prove his point.

Also I want to point out that it was 9-11 that put this country into trouble. How was that Bush's fault? Also if removing an asshole like Saddam from power, freeing a country from a murderous dictator, and lowering oil prices to boot, solves our economy problem...so much the better.

Losing American men to battle is the one HUGE negative. I only hope that we have a complete and total knockout, that includes zero American loss.

I know...wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

DeDolfan
03-19-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by MNFINFAN
Didn't they say that about Vietnam??

I personally think that this war hasn't anything to do with Sadamm as it has to do with getting one back for Big Bush and getting the Oil for Big Ears, Cheney and Condoleeza.

I mean the Bush's are the biggest crooks out there
http://www.campaignwatch.org/details.htm#SCHEIM

What happened to OBL?? Wasn't he the priority?? Funny how 6 months after 9/11 he no longer was.... He is the one responsible for taking down the towers, I mean lets gut and destroy the people who attack us, North Korea is the bigger threat right now, they are led by another loony, have a N-Bomb and not only that have rockets that can hit the Western US. Iraq's rockets can get 30 feet before the freaking camel dies of exhaustion!!! He should not be a priority, lets follow the laws that are set up in place and follow the UN resolutions.

Really if you think about it if the US goes to war w/o UN agreement, hey what is to stop them from putiing Sanctions against the US? The National Debt is going towrds the trillion$ amount again, this means we import a **** load of stuff, personally my company will go down the crapper if this ever happens and sanctions are enforced against the US.

I will support the troops and I feel very bad for them, I have a friend that was sent over 2 weeks ago and I pray for him and his wife and kids. Lets hope there is a peaceful resolution and that all troops involved are able to return to their loved ones.

;) ;)

DD................................

MNFINFAN
03-19-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian
Oh, and to whomever compared this war to Vietnam... trust me man, I've been over there and this is definately no vietnam. If this war lasts 2 months (the actual war, not the occupation) I'll eat my shorts.

and you can quote me on that and I'll even post pictures.

Actually I was referring to the over in three days, and that when we get overconfident and start predicting things we are usually way off. (See our last season). Can't wait to see the pics :D

So what happens when we go in without UN support and kick out Saddam, ok, is the US willing to have troops on the ground there for the next 3-5 years with no outside support. My problem with this war is that it is an act of unsanctioned aggression. there does not seem to be a justified reason to go after Saddam when there are other areas of Foreign Policy that should be looked into.

There does not seem to be a game plan drawn up for the end of and then after the war, it was never explained to the UN how the US and Britain were palnning on keeping peace and installing a democracy and then maintaining it for the long run. This whole agenda has been rushed to satisfy the top people in the Government, it seems to me to have been planned really in depth for the reasons to start but not what the reprecussions are going to be after the war and that scares me.

Dolfan0025
03-19-2003, 11:24 PM
WE ARE AT WAR PEOPLE! PRAY FOR OUR SOLDIERS!:fire: :eek:

imbondzz
03-19-2003, 11:33 PM
I have to give our president the benefit of the doubt on this Iraq thing. He has information we are not privy too, and to assume that this whole thing is over oil, or simply to improve our economy...well I want to give the man a chance to prove his point.

Also I want to point out that it was 9-11 that put this country into trouble. How was that Bush's fault? Also if removing an asshole like Saddam from power, freeing a country from a murderous dictator, and lowering oil prices to boot, solves our economy problem...so much the better.

Losing American men to battle is the one HUGE negative. I only hope that we have a complete and total knockout, that includes zero American loss.

I AGREE!
Our President looks haggard and without sleep. Hope he is able to rest soon.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and OUR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolfan0025
03-19-2003, 11:41 PM
WE JUST BOMBED HUSSIEN AND HIS LEADERS IN A AIR ASSAULT! HOPE HES DEAD!

poornate
03-19-2003, 11:42 PM
want to post. have to keep watching news.

Dolfan0025
03-19-2003, 11:44 PM
WHOS NOT?

dolfan06
03-20-2003, 12:22 AM

87 i heard 17 iraqis surrendered when the deadline passed and before the attack!

dolphan39
03-20-2003, 03:01 AM
Former NFL player Tillman may be enroute to Iraq (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-tillman20mar20,0,7754320.story?coll=sfla%2Ddolphins%2Dfront)

dolfan06
03-20-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by dolphan39
Former NFL player Tillman may be enroute to Iraq (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-tillman20mar20,0,7754320.story?coll=sfla%2Ddolphins%2Dfront) i guess being 56 is not all bad!:D

Jaydog57
03-20-2003, 06:06 AM
is that, that self righteous, S.O.B. has gotta be brought down from power. The majority of the Iraqi people are not for Saddam, and only do so because they don't want to be extinguished, along with their families, a lot like Nazi Germany. Saddam is like the little bastard on the school bus who screws with people, you smack him in the head, and he backs off for awhile. But then, like a pain in the ass, he gets his friends to back him up, and comes right back and does it again. Sometimes they never learn. He's an evil tyrant who gets off on nothing more than controlling people and that's what he has created, a world, within himself, that he controls, and says who stays and who goes. Who has the right to have that much power? Not that piece of sh!t. He's gotta go down, and no matter how many people think Bush is out of line, the only way to do it is by force. Regardless if Bush is doing it for votes, I'm tired of seeing a worthless guy like Saddam with that much power, and he needs to back off. Words aren't doing it, so by force it must be. I pity the Iraqi people who have no say in this, and there's not much I can do, but we can't exactly yank them out of harms way and blast his ass to Kingdom Come. Hopefully there will be a minimum of civilian lives lost, but enough is enough. Saddam must be banished from power, and at this point, force is the only way I see fit for that to happen. :cool:

Dolfan0025
03-20-2003, 06:14 AM
Thank you

poornate
03-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Bombing again. Live on CNN.

poornate
03-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Cnn is crazy right now.

iceblizzard69
03-20-2003, 02:16 PM
What?

I am watchin the NCAA Tourney :cool:

gottahavefootba
03-20-2003, 02:19 PM
yeah what's goin on?

iceblizzard69
03-20-2003, 02:21 PM
I changed the channel to see, we are bombing them right now....

LeftCoastPhin
03-20-2003, 03:03 PM
I have made my points for war in detail in the Lounge so I disagree with CK and Finatic but I can see where they are coming from.

But one thing where I was surprised at what CK said was about the French not supporting us and how Russia helped us etc... To me, this makes no sense at all. Russia assisted us in winning a war that basically liberated Western Europe. That's it, that is a favor. We, on the other hand LIBERATED FRANCE AND DROVE THE GERMANS OUT OF THIER COUNTRY. That is slightly more than a favor. Of course that doesn't make them our slaves or that they have to agree with everything. But a little gratitude and support is not out of line! Also, it's crazy that they are being a thorn in our side!

Someone else said that in twenty years he could see Russia as our ally. Let's hope so! I can see that too, and it would be critical. Russia will eventually rebound, as they have to many resources not to. Our combo would have major global power, and if they dont get their act together, it will be a detriment to global relations, possibly a major one.

DrAstroZoom
03-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Read this article. If you think we're ignoring al-Qaeda for a "Bush vendetta," think again. If we weren't at war, this would be a HUGE headline.

U.S. close to 'dismantling' al-Qaeda (http://www.msnbc.com/news/885912.asp?0cl=cR)

LeftCoastPhin
03-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Read this article. If you think we're ignoring al-Qaeda for a "Bush vendetta," think again. If we weren't at war, this would be a HUGE headline.

U.S. close to 'dismantling' al-Qaeda (http://www.msnbc.com/news/885912.asp?0cl=cR)

Yea, it's not like we've let them off the hook. We captured the mastermind behind 9/11 for cryin out loud! That is a major victory! Only getting Bin Laden would be better. His time is coming!

Marino1983
03-20-2003, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fin-atic
[B]Let the record show I officially agree with CKParrothead on this. A rare agreement between he and I.

I think the link between Al Queda and 9/11 has not been made. I think if there is overwhelming evidence about Iraq and its weapons programs then it needs to be made public. I believe that there is a greater agenda to this war and I believe it has to do with salvaging a Presidency that is in trouble at home, it has to do with awarding big defense and rebuidling contracts to lobbyist as well as having access to the oil. The whole thing wreaks and I don;t like the feeling of it.

That being said, I support our troops. The day the first bomb drops I will start flying the flag at home until Saddam falls. I will pray for a quick and efficent attack that will result in the minimum loss of life.

I agree fin-atic with most of your points....... The men (and women) in battle have my unadulterated support, I hope that this war ends very quickly for the families of our troops and for the innocent Iraqi people ..... As for this administration :rolleyes: I see W for what he is and when all the dust clears, so will all the other lap dogs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: Marino1983

baccarat
03-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
I have made my points for war in detail in the Lounge so I disagree with CK and Finatic but I can see where they are coming from.

But one thing where I was surprised at what CK said was about the French not supporting us and how Russia helped us etc... To me, this makes no sense at all. Russia assisted us in winning a war that basically liberated Western Europe. That's it, that is a favor. We, on the other hand LIBERATED FRANCE AND DROVE THE GERMANS OUT OF THIER COUNTRY. That is slightly more than a favor. Of course that doesn't make them our slaves or that they have to agree with everything. But a little gratitude and support is not out of line! Also, it's crazy that they are being a thorn in our side!

What really pisses me about the French is that when they agreed with U.N. Resolution 1441, they told Colin Powell that they would back us if Saddam wouldn't comply. They told him they would support action against him and would support a second U.N. vote if neccessary. They basically stabbed Powell in the back and threatened to veto. Then they sent emassaries to African nations to bribe them into voting against us. Haven't we done the same thing, you might ask? Yes but we have a different motive. Our motive: remove an evil maniac from power. France's motive: Keep this despot in power. Finally, yes we helped and gave France the benifit of the doubt in WWI, WWI, Vietnam, etc. so we SHOULD expect them not to undermine us.

SuavePhin
03-21-2003, 04:10 PM
The problem with the French is they want to wait til there's ABSOBLUTE proof of evil doing before they act, last time they got that i believe German tanks were rolling through the streets of Paris

Barbarian
03-21-2003, 11:15 PM
Well, the way things have gone so far, it's looking like I won't have to eat my shorts after all...

Apologies to all of you who were looking forward to those pictures. ;)