PDA

View Full Version : What music are you listening to?

iceblizzard69
03-17-2003, 06:58 PM
What music are you guys listening to right now?

Lately, I have listened to a lot of 50 Cent, Nas, Jay-Z, Ludacris, and Eminem.

FinHeavenAJ
03-17-2003, 07:05 PM
Well, I can't recall the last time we had a music discussion... :lol:

Oh well...

I've been listening to the DareDevil sound track a lot lately. I really like the "The Man Without Fear" by Drowning Pool and Rob Zombie, "Right Now" by Nappy Roots, "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence, and "Fade In/Out" by PaloAlto. Just to let everyone know, the entire CD rocks... it is probably the best sound track I have ever purchased.

Otherwise, I'm always listening to Gram's latest CD, "Out Of Ruin" (self titled)... and I'm not saying that because he's a good friend, I'm saying that because the cd is very good.

Besides that, I'm patiently waiting for the new Linkin Park cd to come out.

WharfRat
03-17-2003, 07:14 PM
:band: now playing:

Jack-A-Roe by Grateful Dead.

Justasportsfan
03-17-2003, 07:25 PM
The Gospel station;)

inFINSible
03-17-2003, 07:32 PM
I'm all into club music.....techno, trance, house.....other than that LP.....Chevelle.....Drowning Pool......

I'm going to a big festival Saturday....at bayfront Park in downtown Miami.......13 hours and 12 stages of non-stop beats......The Ultra Music Festival......I know alot of you guys aren't into this type of music but they are estimating a crowd of about 40,000.....which would make last years 32,000 pale in comparison......Emminem said "Nobody likes Techno" but, I've been going to this thing for the last three years and it has gotten bigger every year......I've met people from Cali....Chi-town and Tennessee who drove all the way to MIami JUST for this event.....Obviously somebody likes Techno ;)

Muck
03-17-2003, 09:27 PM
I used to always go to the Zetafest's down in Bayfront Park. But I've since retired from the big, all-day concerts. Retired at 23. :)

Right now....

Breaking Benjamin - Skin
Audioslave - Like a Stone
Leisureworld - I'm Dead
Snake River Conspiracy - Vulcan, How Soon is Now

inFINSible
03-17-2003, 09:39 PM
I got released when I was 30....
Been doing alot of catching up on irresponsible things.....:D

BTW.....released=divorced ;)

Jaydog57
03-17-2003, 09:56 PM
I've been listening to the Foo Fighters, Evanescence, Disturbed, and assorted Techno/House/Industrial melodies.:cool:

SWS84
03-17-2003, 10:38 PM
Wish I could be more specific, but generally I am listening to either christian or the oldies. I do listen to a station here in Orlando, 105.1 that plays a blend of the 80's, 90,s and current music.

Maybe it would be easier for me to say what I am not listening to...
...The Dixie Chicks!

Steve

Barbarian
03-17-2003, 11:15 PM
Well, I copy music onto my computer and listen to everything there on shuffle so I get a huge variety of everything from Zepplin, to Alabama, to White Zombie, to No Need for a Name, to Phantom of the Opera, to Linkon Park.

Miafan
03-17-2003, 11:58 PM
I usually listen to rock and techno. However, lately i've been jamming to alot of Bob Marley. It helps me cool down all the stress that has been accumulating up.

Baz
03-18-2003, 02:23 AM
I'm listening to whatever is good. AJ, you are right on the money about the Daredevil soundtrack. I'm really enjoying the songs by Saliva and 12 Stones. High quality stuff there. Other than that, I've been kinda listening to Good Charlotte, a lot of Foo Fighters, a lot of Nappy Roots, and the usual Finger Eleven. I highly recommend any of these bands to anyone who wants to hear good alternative or soft hip-hop in Nappy Roots' case......

Jaj
03-18-2003, 02:45 AM
Still listening to Tool. There are some rap songs I like, but unlike a lot of you oldies think we aren't all rap lovers. That's pretty much the generation under us.

Bobby Humphrey
03-18-2003, 04:30 AM
john micheal montgomery

t2thejz
03-18-2003, 08:25 AM
Im mostly listening to rap, nas snoop 50 cent tupac

Muck
03-18-2003, 09:52 AM
I work with a guy who looks just like 50 Cent. Actually, he just left us. But still.....:)

dolphan39
03-18-2003, 10:27 AM
since I am old school punk rocker, I have adopted the new school of punk pop a bit in Blink/Green Day and Sum 41. Also, like Weezer, Kid Rock, Sublime, 311... and I have started to develop more of a taste for rap like Eminem or Nelly

of course, I can always relax with some nice reggae

poornate
03-18-2003, 06:27 PM
At this moment it's Yonder Mountain String Band. Hippie bluegrass! I've been listening to The Roots a lot. Always listening to Tool. I've been playing this live CD called Sleep Forever and it's one of the best live recordings I've ever heard by them. I can't get that song Liar by Henry Rollins out of my head. Spooky Tooth has been on a lot And R.L. Burnsides who is the Shizznit old blues M'F'N king!! If you like blues run out and buy "An Ass Pocket of Whiskey". I could write for an hour here so I'm going to stop.....

NOW.

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by dolphan39
since I am old school punk rocker, I have adopted the new school of punk pop a bit in Blink/Green Day and Sum 41. Also, like Weezer, Kid Rock, Sublime, 311... and I have started to develop more of a taste for rap like Eminem or Nelly

of course, I can always relax with some nice reggae

If you dig old school punk, then you should check out "No Need For A Name"

I think you'll like it.

Dolfan984
03-19-2003, 03:41 AM
Staind is my favorite band. Eminem is really good too. Of course, there's always time for some Godsmack in the mix. ;)

dolphan39
03-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian
If you dig old school punk, then you should check out "No Need For A Name"

I think you'll like it. thanks :band:

Are they more like the Dead Kennedys/Bad Brains
or
Sex Pistols/Damned
or
Buzzcocks

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 10:59 PM
hmmmm... I would be tempted to compare them more to Dead Kennedys, but they really are a sound all unto themselves.