PDA

View Full Version : The President Just Laid Down the Gauntlet

Muck
03-17-2003, 09:15 PM
We are finished messing around. Excellent speech. I feel so patriotic right now.

Get 'em, Georgie. And God Bless America!!

ohall
03-17-2003, 09:26 PM
... a very sobering speech, and of course we wish our Military forces Gods speed. I feel like I've written this before. :D

Oliver...

Muck
03-17-2003, 09:28 PM
You too!?!? Lot of deja vu going around tonight. :tongue:

Prime Time
03-17-2003, 09:28 PM
You all as I are saying it was a great speech but on AOL there is a chatroom called War on Iraq and they are saying it was a horrible speech. I guess they are all afraid of war as are we but they just don't want to accept the fact without war, there will be no peace.

Muck
03-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Those three letters were all I needed to hear: "A-O-L". Just a bunch of 14 year olds toeing the "cool" party line. If you polled everyone there, the average age was probably 15 years old.

No offense intended, Ice.

ohall
03-17-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Muck
Those three letters were all I needed to hear: "A-O-L". Just a bunch of 14 year olds toeing the "cool" party line. If you polled everyone there, the average age was probably 15 years old.

Yeah Blix told that age group that he is more concerned with global warming than he is with Saddam. Scary stuff our youth is hearing thru MTV and that culture. I don't ever remember being that gulable.

Oliver...

WharfRat
03-17-2003, 10:45 PM
I liked the speech... he pulled no punches, didn't try to defend his decision anymore (he's not going to change to many minds either way at this point anyway) he offered Saddam a back door, and gave the Iraqi military a chance to let it happen peacefully (I also think this may have an underlying hint for the Iraqi military to make a regime change on thier own)...and warned them that any use of WMD's will result in harsh consequences during the war crimes trials.....

48 hours .... almost time to go.... Godspeed to our troops, and prayers for a quick victory!

baccarat
03-17-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Oliver
Yeah Blix told that age group that he is more concerned with global warming than he is with Saddam. Scary stuff our youth is hearing thru MTV and that culture. I don't ever remember being that gulable.

Oliver...

I hope nobody gets their news from MTV. :nono:

I thought the speech was great. It was right to the point. Saddam's reign of terror is coming to a close and the liberation of the Iraqis is near. God bless our troops and America.

SWS84
03-17-2003, 11:00 PM
I thought the presidents speech was very good. I thought he covered the bases very well. It's obvious he wants this to end very quickly and without much blood shed, if any. I liked the way he encouraged the Iraqi military to not fight, and give up their life, for a dying regime. This weekend, my wife and daughters went down to the lake front, in St. Cloud to look at the (minature) Vietnam wall. I was to young to go, but I was saddened never the less as I felt many in our country turned their backs on our military. I am glad that most of our republican congress is backing our president and the men and women who serve in our military. I am also glad to see others step up, like Senator Bayh, a democrat from Indiana and Senator Liberman. Of course we have the resident, Bush basher, Senator Daschle, on hand to give his daily diatribe of why he hates President Bush. What's funny is I'm used to Daschle's antics and partisanship and can only laugh now as he continues to make a fool of himself.

Steve

Barbarian
03-17-2003, 11:23 PM
Well, I like bush about as far as I can throw him, but tonights speach was excellent, and he made the point's that I felt were the ones that needed to be made. And now he's using the reason that I felt he should have been using from day:1. "This is to free the Iraqi people and set up a progressive peacefull government in Iraq."

It's been over a year now since I was over there, but listening to tonights speech seemed to take me back to when we were ordered to commence the attack on the Taliban...

Good luck, and fairwinds to those out there now.

Miafan
03-18-2003, 12:01 AM
I may be a democrat, and I may not like Bush very much, but his speach was excellent and he and our troops have my blessing. I have alot of friends going over there, and I can only hope they will all come back in one piece.

t2thejz
03-18-2003, 08:27 AM
I think it was his best speech ive seen since hes been a president

Muck
03-18-2003, 09:49 AM
The speech at the memorial service just after 9/11 was also good (where he sat down next to his weeping father right after). Just another one that comes to mind.

iceblizzard69
03-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Muck

You are probably right.

Also, someone brought up MTV. I watch MTV all of the time, and now they are running commercials with people of the Methodist church saying that Bush ignores what they have to say. If you didn't know, Bush is a Methodist. They had some good commercials before, but the new commercial just shows a bias against Bush and the war.