PDA

View Full Version : Greatest 40 Heavy Metal Videos on VH1 Classic Now!

Fin Fan in Cali
05-06-2006, 11:12 AM
I just wanted to let the Metal Heads know that the Greatest 40 Metal Videos of all time is on right now on VH1 classic. It is also Metal Month the Month of May on the Channel!:buddwalk: :ffic: Sebastian Bach is hosting, and the show and it is pretty good.

Buddwalk
05-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Thx FFIC...turning it on now

Buddwalk
05-06-2006, 11:25 AM
they better have some metallica and randy rhoads/ozzy in the top 40 :yes:

Fin Fan in Cali
05-06-2006, 11:26 AM
they better have some metallica and randy rhoads/ozzy in the top 40 :yes:I think they will. They have a lot of great people making appearances as well.

Buddwalk
05-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I think they will. They have a lot of great people making appearances as well.

Its good so far I prob would of put run to the hills in the top 20 instead of at 27

Korn Freak on a Leash is suprisingly a song that deserves to be in the top 20 lets see where they put it

Buddwalk
05-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell #25
ACDC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap #24
Korn - Freak on a Leash #23
Metallica - Enter Sandman #22
Guns N Roses - Paradise City #21
Twisted Sister - I want to Rock #20
Alice in Chains - Man in the Box #19 [Just Learned the Song///My band is doing a cover of this song...were recording next weekend]
Skid Rowe - Slave to the Grind #18
Some Motley Crue Song #17
Pantera - Walk #16
Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on Parade #15
System of a Down - Toxicity #14
Dio - Rainbow in the Dark #13
Anthrax/Public Enemy - Bring the Noise #12
MegaDeth - Piece Sells #11
Motorhead - Ace of Spades #10
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train #9
Slayer - Raining Blood #8
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast #7 [I would of put Hallowed Be Thy Name here though]
Kiss - Detroit Rock City #6
Judas Priest - You Got Another Thing Coming #5
ACDC - Back in Black #4
Metallica - Master of Puppets #3 [Bout Time]
Guns N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle #2
Black Sabbath - Iron Man #1

Im predicting now the #1 will be Iron Man by Sabbath...just by popular vote

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-06-2006, 12:12 PM
AC/DC is metal? news to me...

Buddwalk
05-06-2006, 12:13 PM
AC/DC is metal? news to me...

no but its a metal song

Dolphin1184
05-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the Jungle above Master of Puppets? I don't even think Welcome to the Jungle is even the best GnR song. And I am uncertain if GnR is really 'metal' at all.

Yeah I did watch it, it was awesome.

Fin Fan in Cali
05-06-2006, 12:56 PM
I know that there were songs that were misplaced in the count down, but it I thought it was great bands and songs. There was no poison songs in there or any thing like that.:wink:

Dolphin1184
05-06-2006, 12:59 PM
This is why I like VH1 so much better than MTV.

TJamesW_phinfan
05-06-2006, 12:59 PM
I think part of the ranikings had to do with impact on the market and the genre in general. There were a few I thought should have been higher though just on my personal preference more than actual effect and exposure of the song and band. It is interesting to here musicians opinion on their peers music.

Fin Fan in Cali
05-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Got the Pantera cd in now!:wink:

Buddwalk
05-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Honestly they got alot of the bands right in the top 10 except the songs they chose werent nessecarilly the best choice

Metal Panda
05-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Its good so far I prob would of put run to the hills in the top 20 instead of at 27

Korn Freak on a Leash is suprisingly a song that deserves to be in the top 20 lets see where they put it

Korn's Freak on a Leash was on a metal countdown?

That was a pop song with heavy bass, nothing more. Urgh.

Metal Panda
05-06-2006, 01:19 PM
KISS made the list? How is KISS metal? they were a rock 'n roll group with glam tinges...somewhat enjoyable, but not metal.

My top 40 would be compleeeeeeeeteeely different.

In_Flames
05-06-2006, 01:19 PM
IMO that list is ridiculous, but what do you expect from a VH-1 metal list anyways...:lol:

Buddwalk
05-06-2006, 01:43 PM

take a listen to it again man...its a metal song :buddwalk:

Buddwalk
05-06-2006, 01:45 PM
KISS made the list? How is KISS metal? they were a rock 'n roll group with glam tinges...somewhat enjoyable, but not metal.

My top 40 would be compleeeeeeeeteeely different.

:yeahthat:

Metal Panda
05-06-2006, 01:51 PM
take a listen to it again man...its a metal song :buddwalk:

nah, Korn ain't metal, and that song DEFINITELY wasn't.

I may be somewhat of a metal snob since that's 50%+ of my collection (several hundred cds)....but Korn=nu-metal, which is sort of the ******* stepchild of metal. Almost like the XFL to the NFL.

Buddwalk
05-06-2006, 01:52 PM
nah it ain't. Korn weren't really a "metal" band either, they were one of the first of the "nu-metal" ilk which isn't technically anything but the stepchild of metal.

Labels or not, though, other than Korn's first two albums which I (admittedly) liked, they're pretty terrible.

I agree with it...but you look at the songs on this list sorry man I consider korn more metal then alot of the bands they put on there

Buddwalk
05-06-2006, 01:54 PM
nah, Korn ain't metal, and that song DEFINITELY wasn't.

I may be somewhat of a metal snob since that's 50%+ of my collection (several hundred cds)....but Korn=nu-metal, which is sort of the ******* stepchild of metal. Almost like the XFL to the NFL.

Agreed as well korn is nu metal, but its still more metal then a couple bands on this list

Metal Panda
05-06-2006, 01:55 PM
ACDC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap #24
Korn - Freak on a Leash #23
Guns N Roses - Paradise City #21
Twisted Sister - I want to Rock #20
Alice in Chains - Man in the Box #19 [Just Learned the Song///My band is doing a cover of this song...were recording next weekend]
Skid Rowe - Slave to the Grind #18
Some Motley Crue Song #17
Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on Parade #15
System of a Down - Toxicity #14
Kiss - Detroit Rock City #6
ACDC - Back in Black #4

these are the groups on the list I don't consider "metal", although I do consider many of them "good", which is really what matters.

Buddwalk
05-06-2006, 01:58 PM
these are the groups on the list I don't consider "metal", although I do consider many of them "good", which is really what matters.

see its called metal songs though not metal bands...many bands have produced songs that could be called metal

Fin Fan in Cali
05-06-2006, 02:49 PM
I enjoyed the show.:wink:

Roman529
05-06-2006, 03:13 PM
I enjoyed the show.:wink:

Me too.....but Stevie Ray Vaughan beats them all. :tongue:

Fin Fan in Cali
05-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Me too.....but Stevie Ray Vaughan beats them all. :tongue:That's a different catagory but I agree.:wink:

Noodle Arm
05-06-2006, 08:36 PM

You mean the "I can play this at home just by loosening the bass strings and smacking them" sound that Korn uses for just about EVERY song?

Oh and was this list for greatest metal videos or songs? I don't ever remember there being a video for Master of Puppets...if I'm not mistaken, Metallica's first video was for "One" was it not?

AirFishOne
05-06-2006, 09:02 PM
yea noodle i was thinkin the same thing, Puppets never had a video, unless they r referring to teh Live $hit: Binge and Purge vid, but One was there first vid by the way

Fin Fan in Cali
05-06-2006, 09:04 PM
yea noodle i was thinkin the same thing, Puppets never had a video, unless they r referring to teh Live $hit: Binge and Purge vid, but One was there first vid by the wayThat's what they showed, them playing live.:wink: