PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Outkast album?

Metal Panda
05-06-2006, 06:27 PM
alright, favorite outkast album?

Mine's Aquemini hands down, followed by Southernplayalisticadillaicmuzik.

COMEBACKRICKY
05-06-2006, 06:30 PM
you forgot the all of the above choice....but if i had to choose one, i think it would be the love below or stankonia

icephinfan
05-06-2006, 06:30 PM
How many albums you going to post....:sidelol:

Never really got into Outcast, would have to say "Atliens, Rosa Parks, it bumps"!!

tucker
05-06-2006, 06:47 PM
ATLiens then Aquemini then Southernplayalistcadillacmuzik then its a toss up between the last two..didnt really like stankonia, and the other wasnt a true outkast album

Nappy Roots
05-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Southernplayalistcadillacmuzik was my favorite. Aquemini and ATLiens were great to though.

HysterikiLL
05-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Aquemini. Hate the new Outkast jams.

TheAnswer385
05-06-2006, 06:52 PM
I liked Stankonia...that album really tossed them out there and they got really big off it.

Metal Panda
05-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Aquemini. Hate the new Outkast jams.

I thought Speakerboxx was ok, songs like "Church" were good, but it suffered from not having both of them rapping. The Love Below=Andre 3000 thinking he's a gifted songwriter, but he's....not.

Metal Panda
05-06-2006, 06:53 PM
I liked Stankonia...that album really tossed them out there and they got really big off it.

I wasn't big on the production on that album. I thought that the typically identifiable Outkast production with the southern goodness went out the window when they changed who they used for production on that album.

That said, it's a good album--Gasoline Dreams rules.

d-day
05-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I thought Speakerboxx was ok, songs like "Church" were good, but it suffered from not having both of them rapping. The Love Below=Andre 3000 thinking he's a gifted songwriter, but he's....not.

but, he is...

andre is this generations sly stone/prince - there's nothing on that record that suggest he isn't either - whether you personally like the music or not, spread, protype, etc. are very well written - great harmonies, great arrangements, great transitions, great breaks... the musical foundation of everything that makes a great song great - my personal fave though is atliens

tucker
05-06-2006, 07:40 PM
but, he is...

andre is this generations sly stone/prince - there's nothing on that record that suggest he isn't either - whether you personally like the music or not, spread, protype, etc. are very well written - great harmonies, great arrangements, great transitions, great breaks... the musical foundation of everything that makes a great song great - my personal fave though is atliensyou could say that all he did was copy what cee-lo did before him...who is apart of goodie mob, which is apart of dungeon family which outkast is also apart of

and i agree that once Earthtone III started doing most of the production instead of organized noise, outkast didnt really sound the same..but BOB hits hard as hell

d-day
05-06-2006, 07:44 PM
you could say that all he did was copy what cee-lo did before him...who is apart of goodie mob, which is apart of dungeon family which outkast is also apart of

still got to write 'em though - again, like the guy and his music or not, there is no denying andre's songwriting abilities...

King Felix
05-06-2006, 07:47 PM
hey ya sucked god i hated that song

Metal Panda
05-06-2006, 08:02 PM
but, he is...

andre is this generations sly stone/prince - there's nothing on that record that suggest he isn't either - whether you personally like the music or not, spread, protype, etc. are very well written - great harmonies, great arrangements, great transitions, great breaks... the musical foundation of everything that makes a great song great - my personal fave though is atliens

It's not the style that puts me off, I like that genre. I just don't like HIS songwriting. I don't find his melodies particularly engaging, especially on annoying songs like "Roses", or the trite funk of "Valentine's Day". There are good songs on the album, but a lot of filler, in my opinion, songs that meander but don't go anywhere. There was one song on that album, I forgot the title, that was more of a crooner's piece, and Andre's weak singing voice didn't help it out at all.

I don't doubt Andre's passionate about what he does, but I think he was gifted as a rapper, I don't think this is his forte at all.

Prince > Andre 3000 by a million. I don't own 9 Prince cds for my health! :)

d-day
05-06-2006, 08:08 PM
It's not the style that puts me off, I just don't like his songwriting. I don't find his melodies particularly engaging, especially on annoying songs like "Roses", or the trite funk of "Valentine's Day". There are good songs on the album, but a lot of filler, in my opinion.

Prince > Andre 3000 by a million. I don't own 9 Prince cds for my health! :)

amen to that - and speaking of prince - it's amazing how many good songs this guy has written that the average person wouldn't know - but then that pretty much goes with every great songwriter - greatest hit cds need to be outlawed - for example, lovesexy is a musical masterpiece but i bet if we polled the lounge, we might find a handful of owners at best...

Metal Panda
05-06-2006, 08:18 PM
I own it.

I've never been more embarassed bringing a cd to the register, due to the cover.

I like Glam Slam a lot from that album. When 2 R in Love is pretty awesome too.

I really loved the album Around the World in a Day too. and of course 1999 and Purple Rain....I wasn't really into the New Power Generation stuff as much though, I didn't like Gold. I really liked his Revolution stuff, and his pre-Revolution stuff like his s/t or Dirty Mind.

d-day
05-06-2006, 08:25 PM
I own it.

I've never been more embarassed bringing a cd to the register, due to the cover.

I like Glam Slam a lot from that album. When 2 R in Love is pretty awesome too.

I really loved the album Around the World in a Day too. and of course 1999 and Purple Rain....I wasn't really into the New Power Generation stuff as much though, I didn't like Gold. I really liked his Revolution stuff, and his pre-Revolution stuff like his s/t or Dirty Mind.

i like i wish you heaven off lovesexy, around the world is underrated - not surprised though - how could he possibly follow-up purple rain? the ladder is a musical masterpiece - i had front row center tix for the new power generation tour in miami, so that cd holds a nice place for me - my ex-girl used to freak over the continental and i used to let her... :dday:

playmaker1
05-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Southernplayalistcadillacmuzik , I love old skool Outkast!!!