PDA

View Full Version : What Rap Album should I get

maddendude
05-07-2006, 04:11 PM
I need a new album, something from 2005 to 2006. I've bought two albums all my life, Eminem Show and King. I want one thats the same style as those. Recommend me an album!

Caps
05-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I need a new album, something from 2005 to 2006. I've bought two albums all my life, Eminem Show and King. I want one thats the same style as those. Recommend me an album!

If you liked King, then I gaurantee you'll love Urban Legend.

maddendude
05-07-2006, 04:25 PM
ehh, i got that torrent, lol, dont tell anyone.

PassRush
05-07-2006, 04:44 PM
I love Urban Legend, though I have not yet heard King.

WeVie
05-07-2006, 04:53 PM
I say forget the rap and grab the new Godsmack or the new Rob Zombie.

Metal Panda
05-07-2006, 05:19 PM

:eek:

eww. no to both.

get Eyehategod's Dopesick and bring it to a family reunion.

Caps
05-07-2006, 06:49 PM

I say don't hijack a thread just because you don't like rap.

bg34
05-07-2006, 06:52 PM
^ lol, too funny.

tucker
05-07-2006, 06:53 PM
i say this thread shouldnt even have been started and should have been put in the hiphop thread

HysterikiLL
05-07-2006, 06:57 PM
BUY an album? Like with money? :lol:

dolfan_101
05-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Whodini

maddendude
05-07-2006, 07:27 PM
BUY an album? Like with money? :lol:

Its more like, which should I "buy", if you know what im saying.

Prime Time
05-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Get the new Mobb Deep album titled Blood Money. Or get Game's Documentary or even 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin'. :yes: :lol:

UCFinfan86
05-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Get the Boyz n da hood CD, or sound of revenge by chamillionaire, or THug Motiviation by Young Jeezy, The old 36 mafia CD not unbreakables the one before it

Megatron
05-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I need a new album, something from 2005 to 2006. I've bought two albums all my life, Eminem Show and King. I want one thats the same style as those. Recommend me an album!Get the good one.:D

King Felix
05-07-2006, 10:49 PM
wait til june 6th and get the games new cd or Ice Cubes new cd

tucker
05-07-2006, 11:09 PM
get Scarface Presents: The Product

Perfect23
05-07-2006, 11:13 PM
wait til june 6th and get the games new cd or Ice Cubes new cd

Im prollay gonna get Ice Cubes new one when it comes out.

King Felix
05-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Im prollay gonna get Ice Cubes new one when it comes out.nice........im gonna get both but if i had to choose one it would be game

Perfect23
05-07-2006, 11:31 PM
nice........im gonna get both but if i had to choose one it would be game

I don't like snitches.

Roman529
05-07-2006, 11:32 PM

Stick to Heavy Metal, 80's Rock, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC...much better for you....real music...not guys talking. :wink:

King Felix
05-07-2006, 11:39 PM
I don't like snitches.game isnt a snitch lmao

Perfect23
05-07-2006, 11:50 PM
game isnt a snitch lmao

Him and 50 snitched on each other.

maddendude
05-07-2006, 11:55 PM
ehh, I think ill wait till the Games CD comes out...i heard hes good

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Him and 50 snitched on each other.

:hmmm:

how?

King Nate
05-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Wait for Idlewild by OutKast...if it ever comes out.

In the meantime listen to the debut album of Gnarls Barkley. Although, that's more soul.

NaboCane
05-08-2006, 01:07 AM
The Chronic by Dr. Dre.

maddendude
05-08-2006, 09:37 AM
i have chronic.

Wasnt there gonna be a new album by dre....detox or something.
He also produced this other busta rhymes album, I might get that...i like dre.

mor911
05-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Guys.... Just wanted to remind everyone that he did title the thread "What Rap album should I get"

He didn't ask for opinion on rap, or suggestions on the type of music he should like. I also don't see why he should put this thread in the hip-hop thread... There's a thread promoting a new rock album in the lounge every other week.

Just respect what the guy wants and give him a legit answer if you got one... JEEZ! :shakeno:

EDIT - On that note, I like Lil Wayne - Tha Carter II

Mindwarp
05-08-2006, 09:55 AM
/enter admin mode

If this thread turns into a another Rock vs Rap album, I will be dishing out Timeouts to all the people who post how rock or other genre is better or how they should get a Rock or other genre CD instead. The original Poster has made it clear that he wants adviceon what new Rap album to get. If you do not have an album that meets his request do not post in here and move on.

/end Admin Mode.

steeda
05-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Guys.... Just wanted to remind everyone that he did title the thread "What Rap album should I get"

He didn't ask for opinion on rap, or suggestions on the type of music he should like. I also don't see why he should put this thread in the hip-hop thread... There's a thread promoting a new rock album in the lounge every other week.

Just respect what the guy wants and give him a legit answer if you got one... JEEZ! :shakeno:

I like that Lil Wayne CD as well, although my favorite has to be Chamillionaire - The Sound of Revenge. I guess it depends which style of rap you like. The Young Jeezy CD with Trapstar on it (can't remember the name of the album) isnt too bad either. You can listen to samples of the tracks on amazon.com

Just my two cents.

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 10:30 AM

:yeahthat:

If you dont have the Wayne album, thats a MUST have album.

King Felix
05-08-2006, 12:15 PM
game snitched on 50 :dunno:

King Felix
05-08-2006, 12:16 PM
/enter admin mode

If this thread turns into a another Rock vs Rap album, I will be dishing out Timeouts to all the people who post how rock or other genre is better or how they should get a Rock or other genre CD instead. The original Poster has made it clear that he wants adviceon what new Rap album to get. If you do not have an album that meets his request do not post in here and move on.

/end Admin Mode.thank you

UCFinfan86
05-08-2006, 01:00 PM
i didn't care to much for the lil wayne album other then a few songs. and the Young Jeezy cd with trapstar on it is Thug Motivation

NaboCane
05-08-2006, 01:35 PM
i have chronic.

Wasnt there gonna be a new album by dre....detox or something.
He also produced this other busta rhymes album, I might get that...i like dre.

Keep hearing about a new Dre album, but haven't seen anything yet.

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 01:46 PM
i didn't care to much for the lil wayne album other then a few songs. and the Young Jeezy cd with trapstar on it is Thug Motivation

Yea Thug Motivation 101......my favorite CD of the year honestly. CDs not for everything, but that ***** is jammin

Caps
05-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Keep hearing about a new Dre album, but haven't seen anything yet.

I've been waiting forever for it to come out, I have a couple leaked singles from it, it's gonna be good whenever it hits.

Amars
05-08-2006, 04:28 PM
The Roots. Any album is worth the $$$.

ShaqandWade323
05-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Everybody likes mainstream rap in here, ew.

Get Murs "Murray's Revenge", Ghostface's "Fishscale", CunninLynguists "A Piece of Strange", or Masta Ace's "A Long Hot Summer".

AquaInferno
05-08-2006, 06:52 PM

Get Murs "Murray's Revenge", Ghostface's "Fishscale", CunninLynguists "A Piece of Strange", or Masta Ace's "A Long Hot Summer".
I'd call any former member of a high profile rap group mainstream any day of the week. Regardless of how many units he sells, I hear his singles on 1club.fm just about every day. Anywho to the original poster: I recommend if you really are interested in owning more than 2 cds that you join a music club like BMGs. You get a ton of cds free (like $3 each for shipping) pay for one, which they hit you good on, like $20. And then get some more free cds. BMG had a ton of sales on CDs like $5 any cd you wanted. If you wanna compile a collection I suggest you start here, other than that Amazon is cheap for cds usually. Since you already got the best album out this year so far (King) I recommend you wait until this summer when Big Bang Theory, Doctor's Advocate etc. hit, this summer should be good.

Note: Be careful with music clubs, they send you an email with a feautured selection and if you don't decline within a week or so, they WILL send and bill you for it. It got so bad I left BMG because of it. If you can keep that crap in check they are great just because they are cheap.

dreday
05-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Man one CD nobody has mentioned thats tite is The Dude-by Devin The Dude.Has to be the most underrated rapper.His flow and his beats are unheard of.Check it out you wont be disappointed:wink:

ShaqandWade323
05-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Ghostface was at a concert at Howard University with Juelz Santana and some other people from Dipset were there. Guess who got booed? Ghostface because nobody had any idea who he was.

Metal Panda
05-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Stick to Heavy Metal, 80's Rock, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC...much better for you....real music...not guys talking. :wink:

why can't you listen to both?

I have all that in my collection. I have Mos Def and Meshuggah, Tribe Called Quest, and Type O Negative....Deltron 3030 and Dying Fetus.....nothin wrong with being eclectic.

Metal Panda
05-08-2006, 07:07 PM
50 Cent sucks. Worst use of a steel drum EVER.

get Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli), The Coup's "Steal This Album", Wu-Tang Clan's 36 Chambers (if you don't already have it), Tribe Called Quest's Low End Theory, Pharcyde's Bizarre Ride 2 The Pharcyde, Dr. Dooom's First Come First Served, Kool Keith's Black Elvis/Lost in Space, 2pac's Strictly for My N.***** or All Eyez On Me, Deltron 3030's s/t.....and stuff

ShaqandWade323
05-08-2006, 07:25 PM
50 Cent sucks. Worst use of a steel drum EVER.

get Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli), The Coup's "Steal This Album", Wu-Tang Clan's 36 Chambers (if you don't already have it), Tribe Called Quest's Low End Theory, Pharcyde's Bizarre Ride 2 The Pharcyde, Dr. Dooom's First Come First Served, Kool Keith's Black Elvis/Lost in Space, 2pac's Strictly for My N.***** or All Eyez On Me, Deltron 3030's s/t.....and stuff

The Coup's Genocide and Juice is better, some say People's Instinctive Travels...is better than Low End Theory, Labincalifornia is Pharcyde's best album, Kool Keith is insane, Pac's Me Against the World and Makaveli are his best, and all of Del's **** is fire but 3030 is probably his best, a great concept album.

Metal Panda
05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
The Coup's Genocide and Juice is better

Yea but that shiz is hard to find. I haven't been able to get it and i've scoured ebay!

some say People's Instinctive Travels...is better than Low End Theory

Really? I sure ain't one of them. Low End and Midnight Maurauders > People's Instinctive Travels in my book. :)

Labincalifornia is Pharcyde's best album, Kool Keith is insane, Pac's Me Against the World and Makaveli are his best

I used to hate Me Against the World for the more laid back, r&b -esque beats, but having heard more of it recently, I don't think I gave it a fair shot.

and all of Del's **** is fire but 3030 is probably his best, a great concept album.

I should get some of his older material as well.

Metal Panda
05-08-2006, 07:30 PM
oh crap I almost forgot.

GZA's Liquid Swords

Gravediggaz--Six Feet Deep (N****mortis)

Phife Dawg-- Ventilation (not essential, he suffers without Tip a bit, but surprisingly good)

Ice Cube--Death Certificate or AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

Nas--Illmatic

ShaqandWade323
05-08-2006, 07:38 PM
oh crap I almost forgot.

GZA's Liquid Swords

Gravediggaz--Six Feet Deep (N****mortis)

Phife Dawg-- Ventilation (not essential, he suffers without Tip a bit, but surprisingly good)

Ice Cube--Death Certificate or AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

Nas--Illmatic
Liquid Swords = amazing album.

Gravediggaz' other album "The Pick, the sickle, and the shovel" is another great album.

I haven't listened to enough of the members of the Tribe's solo acts.

Cube's The Predator is worth getting for Today Was A Good Day.

Illmatic is the greatest hip hop album ever so it would be a good choice.

Do you listen to Masta Ace?

maddendude
05-08-2006, 07:40 PM
i like music with good beats, i really dont even care bout the lyrics.

ShaqandWade323
05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
i like music with good beats, i really dont even care bout the lyrics.

Then just listen to instrumentals...

Metal Panda
05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Liquid Swords = amazing album.

Gravediggaz' other album "The Pick, the sickle, and the shovel" is another great album.

I haven't listened to enough of the members of the Tribe's solo acts.

Cube's The Predator is worth getting for Today Was A Good Day.

Illmatic is the greatest hip hop album ever so it would be a good choice.

Do you listen to Masta Ace?

my Australian friend (who is heavily into rap and sounds like the stereotypical Aussie, it's hilarious) has sent me a lot of Masta Ace mp3s. I liked what I'd heard of them but it's been so long I forgot what they sound like. I'll need to spin them again.

Metal Panda
05-08-2006, 07:42 PM

well the rhythmic aspect IS important! though it isn't the be all and end all.

COMEBACKRICKY
05-08-2006, 07:42 PM
/enter admin mode

/end Admin Mode.

thanks man. rock is great but this is a RAP thread

ShaqandWade323
05-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Duuuuuuuude, you're missing out. A Long Hot Summer and Disposable Arts are two incredible concept albums, Sittin' On Chrome is the prototype album of the hip hop car craze, Slaughtahouse was the first to make fun of the so called "studio gangsters", and Take A Look Around is produced by Marley Marl, one of the greatest producers ever. Ace is my favorite rapper.

Edit: Ace is just one guy, not a group.

Metal Panda
05-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Duuuuuuuude, you're missing out. A Long Hot Summer and Disposable Arts are two incredible concept albums, Sittin' On Chrome is the prototype album of the hip hop car craze, Slaughtahouse was the first to make fun of the so called "studio gangsters", and Take A Look Around is produced by Marley Marl, one of the greatest producers ever. Ace is my favorite rapper.

Edit: Ace is just one guy, not a group.

I know, I meant "them" as in the mp3s :)

backpacker
05-08-2006, 08:33 PM

Good choice. Easily becoming a favorite of mine. Murs sounds really good over 9th Wonder beats.

dolfan_101
05-08-2006, 08:51 PM
the legend of wu

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Ghostface was at a concert at Howard University with Juelz Santana and some other people from Dipset were there. Guess who got booed? Ghostface because nobody had any idea who he was.

is this true?

how is that possible with the impact Wu Tang had on rap.

ShaqandWade323
05-08-2006, 09:45 PM
is this true?

how is that possible with the impact Wu Tang had on rap.

It is true. People just watch too much MTV today. They think people like Young Jeezy is a superior rapper compared to Ghost.

ShaqandWade323
05-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Good choice. Easily becoming a favorite of mine. Murs sounds really good over 9th Wonder beats.

How is good is "Yesterday and Today"? I love that song.

maddendude
05-09-2006, 12:10 AM

its just not the same without the lyrics...even thought I dont really care what they say, thye need to be saying something lol

Walking25
05-09-2006, 12:17 AM
tribe called quest

q tip album

Mos Def

BLACKSTAR get this one first if u haven't heard it yet

talib kweli

GZA liquid swords

de la soul

the last poets

Common

the roots

King Nate
05-09-2006, 12:21 AM
tribe called quest

q tip album

Mos Def

talib kweli

GZA liquid swords

de la soul

the last poets

Common

the roots

Black Star:hump:
The Roots:hump:

UCFinfan86
05-09-2006, 11:14 AM

i just dled songs by all of htese guys never herad of any of them cept Ghostface and i didn't like any o fhtem except a few by cunninlynguists

ShaqandWade323
05-09-2006, 03:41 PM
tribe called quest

q tip album

Mos Def

talib kweli

GZA liquid swords

de la soul

the last poets

Common

the roots

He's asking for 2004 to 2005 rap.

Also get Tonedeff's Archetype and Madvillain's Madvillainy.

Metal Panda
05-15-2006, 07:44 PM
got Dead Prez's Let's Get Free today.

less eloquent, more blunt/angry than The Coup. enjoyable.