PDA

View Full Version : June 6, 2006 Date of the "BEAST"

PHANTASTIC 13
05-07-2006, 11:48 PM
June 06, 2006 (666) Date Marked With Caution & Fear

"666" sense: Date marked with caution

While some say June 6, 2006, is a day to fear for its biblical significance, officials see little to dread.

Denver Post

With June 6, 2006, rapidly approaching, authorities in Colorado and elsewhere are carefully watching to see if that date - 6/6/06 - spurs demonstrations or violent activity.

They are aware that 666 signifies the Mark of the Beast or the Antichrist to some organizations and believe June 6 is a date that could trigger problems.

"It's been a conscious question among some of our folks, so they've been on the lookout for something," said Lance Clem, spokesman for the Colorado Department of Public Safety. "But they haven't seen anything."

Even so, some local police are being vigilant.

"The bottom line is that our intelligence unit is familiar with 666 and its significance, but we don't have any information about anything taking place in Colorado Springs," said Lt. Rafael Cintron of the Colorado Springs Police Department. "However, we are certainly keeping our feelers out to see if anything is happening."

Some dates and anniversaries can be calls to action for white supremacists, racists, and conspiracy and prophecy theorists.

April 19, for example, is the anniversary of the raid on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas; the Oklahoma City bombing; and the raid on white separatist Randy Weaver's home at Ruby Ridge, Idaho.

The Number of the Beast, 666, is mentioned in the Bible's book of Revelation and is believed by some to be when the Antichrist will exercise power over Earth.

The Internet is full of websites that predict terrible things could happen June 6.

One website warns that the "Bible Code says 2006 A.D. is the Year of the Beast" and predicts that the Antichrist will reveal himself. It also says there may be a holy war against Israel and that the United States and Russia would be drawn into a dangerous conflict as a result.

Several major law enforcement agencies in the Denver metro area have seen no signs of trouble and aren't planning to beef up manpower.

Since 1970, there have been 60 terrorist attacks on June 6, with just one in the U.S., according to the Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism in Oklahoma City.

Megatron
05-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Isn't that the day the Omen remake starts?

Roman529
05-07-2006, 11:51 PM
June 06, 2006 (666) Date Marked With Caution & Fear

"666" sense: Date marked with caution

While some say June 6, 2006, is a day to fear for its biblical significance, officials see little to dread.

Denver Post

With June 6, 2006, rapidly approaching, authorities in Colorado and elsewhere are carefully watching to see if that date - 6/6/06 - spurs demonstrations or violent activity.

They are aware that 666 signifies the Mark of the Beast or the Antichrist to some organizations and believe June 6 is a date that could trigger problems.

"It's been a conscious question among some of our folks, so they've been on the lookout for something," said Lance Clem, spokesman for the Colorado Department of Public Safety. "But they haven't seen anything."

Even so, some local police are being vigilant.

"The bottom line is that our intelligence unit is familiar with 666 and its significance, but we don't have any information about anything taking place in Colorado Springs," said Lt. Rafael Cintron of the Colorado Springs Police Department. "However, we are certainly keeping our feelers out to see if anything is happening."

Some dates and anniversaries can be calls to action for white supremacists, racists, and conspiracy and prophecy theorists.

April 19, for example, is the anniversary of the raid on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas; the Oklahoma City bombing; and the raid on white separatist Randy Weaver's home at Ruby Ridge, Idaho.

The Number of the Beast, 666, is mentioned in the Bible's book of Revelation and is believed by some to be when the Antichrist will exercise power over Earth.

The Internet is full of websites that predict terrible things could happen June 6.

One website warns that the "Bible Code says 2006 A.D. is the Year of the Beast" and predicts that the Antichrist will reveal himself. It also says there may be a holy war against Israel and that the United States and Russia would be drawn into a dangerous conflict as a result.

Several major law enforcement agencies in the Denver metro area have seen no signs of trouble and aren't planning to beef up manpower.

Since 1970, there have been 60 terrorist attacks on June 6, with just one in the U.S., according to the Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism in Oklahoma City.

I know Lt. Cintron....small world. :lol:

Maynard the Hammer
05-07-2006, 11:52 PM
"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

i dont see anything there talking about a date

maddendude
05-07-2006, 11:52 PM
What the heck! 06/06/06....thats my birthday!!!!AAAHHHH

Maynard the Hammer
05-07-2006, 11:54 PM
What the heck! 06/06/06....thats my birthday!!!!AAAHHHHyou're done for

icephinfan
05-07-2006, 11:58 PM
6/6/6 is the date the OMEN is out in theatres.

The movie END OF DAYS also had the number of the beast as 666, but it was actually upside down for 999.Like 1999

It's funny how the media get all hyped up about these numbers.

unifiedtheory
05-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Cool.....I'l be sure to listen to Maiden all day.:D

Roman529
05-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Wow, I was born on 5/29/66....one week later and I would be doomed. :wink:

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 12:06 AM
If anywhere has to fear that date, it's Colorado Springs. Doomed.

Roman529
05-08-2006, 12:18 AM
If anywhere has to fear that date, it's Colorado Springs. Doomed.

They have a lot of Wiccans, and people into witchraft, sorcery, black magic etc., in a town called Manitou Springs, about ten miles from here. They have lots of old Victorian houses....it is like a town in a Stephen King novel. Colorado Springs is just home of all the Church groups now.

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 12:25 AM
They have a lot of Wiccans, and people into witchraft, sorcery, black magic etc., in a town called Manitou Springs, about ten miles from here. They have lots of old Victorian houses....it is like a town in a Stephen King novel. Colorado Springs is just home of all the Church groups now.

Went there a long time ago. It is a strange place. My family is from Creede, CO.

Phins28
05-08-2006, 12:32 AM

:rocker:

Roman529
05-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Went there a long time ago. It is a strange place. My family is from Creede, CO.

Creede is a beautiful mountain town. It gets very cold there in the winter.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/030702c_small-1.jpg

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Creede is a beautiful mountain town. It gets very cold there in the winter.

http://www.sisterbetty.org/roadtrip/030702c_small.jpg

I used to go once a summer, but haven't had the time recently. My family mined the...mines there throughout the 1800's. I still have a lot of family there.

Pagan
05-08-2006, 07:19 AM
They have a lot of Wiccans, and people into witchraft, sorcery, black magic etc., in a town called Manitou Springs, about ten miles from here. They have lots of old Victorian houses....it is like a town in a Stephen King novel. Colorado Springs is just home of all the Church groups now.Bro, Wicca is Witchcraft, just not like you see in the movies. And just to set the record straight, Wiccans don't practice black magic. :wink:

F'ing A man...Up the Irons! :rawk:

The Rev
05-08-2006, 07:24 AM
Bro, Wicca is Witchcraft, just not like you see in the movies. And just to set the record straight, Wiccans don't practice black magic. :wink:

White witches if I am correct brother. They claim to help people. I dunno.

A rose by any other name.....

Pagan
05-08-2006, 09:38 AM
White witches if I am correct brother. They claim to help people. I dunno.

A rose by any other name.....
What do you mean by that?

Celtkin
05-08-2006, 10:27 AM
What do you mean by that?

I believe it comes from lumping all 'witches' together under the same banner.

Exodus 22:18 has long been translated incorrectly to read "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live".

To quote Religioustolerance.org (http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_bibl2.htm):

In the original Hebrew manuscript, the author used the word m'khashepah to describe the person who should be killed. The word means a woman who uses spoken spells to harm others - e.g. causing their death or loss of property. Clearly "evil sorceress" or "woman who does evil magic" would be the most accurate phrases in today's English usage for this verse.
The Good News Bible uses the term "magic." This is also a poor selection because that term has been used to refer to: http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/topbul1d-1.gifstage magic, sleight of hand, magic tricks. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/topbul1d-1.gifceremonial magic used to harm other persons. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/topbul1d-1.gifceremonial magic used to heal other persons.
The King James Version and Revised English Bible use the term "witch." In North America, the term normally refers to Wiccans -- the followers of the Wiccan religion. According to the Scofield Reference Bible this verse from the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) was written in the year 1491 BCE (http://www.religioustolerance.org/bce.htm). This is some 650 years before the origin of the Celtic people circa 850 BCE from whom some elements of Wicca were taken. So Exodus 22:18 can hardly be referring to Wiccans.

Pagan
05-08-2006, 11:20 AM
I believe it comes from lumping all 'witches' together under the same banner.
Oh I know what it was referring to Celt, I'm just curious because the way it was worded it seems like that's what he believes also.

I was allowing him to clarify.

Celtkin
05-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Oh I know what it was referring to Celt, I'm just curious because the way it was worded it seems like that's what he believes also.

I was allowing him to clarify.
I figured as much after I posted my reply :lol:

I have some as*-kicking hindsight. I decided to leave it as historical lesson to everyone else.

Pagan
05-08-2006, 11:33 AM
:sidelol:

SKing29
05-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Don't you people now Doomsday (D-Day) already happened on June 6th, June 6th 1944 that is.:wink:

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Don't you people now Doomsday (D-Day) already happened on June 6th, June 6th 1944 that is.:wink:

That's not what it stands for :wink:

Majpain
05-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Just another day...

bullseyeguy
05-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Y2K anyone?

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Y2K anyone?

:lol: yeah, Y2 Satan

The Samurai
05-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Dont worry, all media hype. I'd more worried about what goes on in Israel and Iran.

TJamesW_phinfan
05-08-2006, 04:09 PM
I can't tell you exactly where in the bible it says this but I remeber something in it that said Christ said "No one not even I know the time my father has chosen." I probably butchered the quote but it is close to that. It also goes on to detail many of the signs of the end times and if I remember right Christ said don't look for it to happen but be ready in your heart for it. Basically try to live a good life all the time because the **** can hit the fan at any time. :)

Plus the numbers are not contiguous.

Also our current calendar is not the same calendar that was used in biblical times.

Pagan
05-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Plus not everyone believes that Satan exists. :wink:

SKing29
05-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Yeah, its crazy how people blow this out of proportion, I remember that 9-9-99 was supposed to be a sign of something. As long as there are slow media days and guys like Jack Van Impe, these days will always get blown out of proportion.

Mike13
05-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Nothing is going to happen.

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 08:07 PM
yeah, it's just for the movie The OMEN.

SCall13
05-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Wow, I was born on 5/29/66....one week later and I would be doomed. :wink:

Wow dude. Do you know how lucky you are!! :lol:

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 08:28 PM
I just found out my buddy is expecting his first child on that day....My other friend said if it's a boy name him LUCIFER.....I was like oh man, :shakeno: