PDA

View Full Version : How you became A Die Hard Dolphin Fan?

305TillIDie
05-08-2006, 02:04 AM
Hey Everyone..I been a Fin fan since my stay in miami...born & raised here...how did you guys become a fin fan?..post it here..:D

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 02:21 AM
I became a Die hard Dolphin fan when I was very young. The first jersey I ever got was the white mesh Dan Marino jersey with aqua numbers. Still have it to this day.:dolphins:

Roman529
05-08-2006, 02:23 AM
The Phins won the SB when I was 6 and 7....back to back wins....I guess maybe I didn't fully appreciate it....but it has been over 30 years since they won one...I have been with them through the good times and bad and always will be. The Phins will always be my favorite team in all sports.

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 02:24 AM
The Phins won the SB when I was 6 and 7....back to back wins....I guess maybe I didn't fully appreciate it....but it has been over 30 years since they won one...I have been with them through the good times and bad and always will be. The Phins will always be my favorite team in all sports.

Yep, same here bad times and good times, just hope all the bad times are behind us!!

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 02:35 AM
I had a poop that looked like a Phins logo and took it as a sign. Wanna see a pic?

d-day
05-08-2006, 02:52 AM
I've been a die-hard fan for four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day i went to see my mother and that seemed just like a day, and then i came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when i saw Colleen, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can mail it to you tomorrow if you want to see it.

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 02:56 AM
I've been a die-hard fan for four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day i went to see my mother and that seemed just like a day, and then i came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when i saw Colleen, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can mail it to you tomorrow if you want to see it.

Well, you know what they say. Lord loves a Phins fan; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

d-day
05-08-2006, 02:58 AM
Well, you know what they say. Lord loves a Phins fan; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

that and... I don't care about losing all the money. It's losing all the stuff.

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 03:03 AM
that and... I don't care about losing all the money. It's losing all the stuff. :whistle: I'm picking out a Dolphins thermos for you. Not an ordinary Dolphins thermos for you. But the extra best Dolphins thermos that you can buy, with vinyl and stripes and a cup built right in.

PassRush
05-08-2006, 03:04 AM
My family was up in New York for a cousins wedding and my dad took me to a game against the Jets that just happened to be that week, the game ended when Dan Marino pretended to spike the ball and hit Ingram in the corner of the endzone without a green uniform even thinking to cover him.

Passrush fun fact, at that same wedding I met my cousin Tom, he was from Califonia, a freshmen in high school who grew up to be Tom Brady:fire:

d-day
05-08-2006, 03:08 AM
:whistle: I'm picking out a Dolphins thermos for you. Not an ordinary Dolphins thermos for you. But the extra best Dolphins thermos that you can buy, with vinyl and stripes and a cup built right in.

"You picked the thermos, the thermos you picked, and on the picked thermos you sit." There. I've never been relaxed enough around anyone to say that.

Roman529
05-08-2006, 03:08 AM
My family was up in New York for a cousins wedding and my dad took me to a game against the Jets that just happened to be that week, the game ended when Dan Marino pretended to spike the ball and hit Ingram in the corner of the endzone without a green uniform even thinking to cover him.

Passrush fun fact, at that same wedding I met my cousin Tom, he was from Califonia, a freshmen in high school who grew up to be Tom Brady:fire:

Your Tom Brady's cousin???? :eek: :mad:

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 03:10 AM

No way really Tom Brady, do you send him X-Mas pix with you in a Dolphins jersey??

darkmistress
05-08-2006, 03:10 AM
:whistle: I'm picking out a Dolphins thermos for you. Not an ordinary Dolphins thermos for you. But the extra best Dolphins thermos that you can buy, with vinyl and stripes and a cup built right in.

wow that's cool and stuff I have a thermos like that only I don't have it anymore

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 03:11 AM
"You picked the thermos, the thermos you picked, and on the picked thermos you sit." There. I've never been relaxed enough around anyone to say that.

d-day, it's your birthday, and it's time you knew. You're not our natural-born thermos.

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 03:12 AM
wow that's cool and stuff I have a thermos like that only I don't have it anymore

Did you give it away to yourself?

d-day
05-08-2006, 03:14 AM
d-day, it's your birthday, and it's time you knew. You're not our natural-born thermos.

I'm not? You mean I'm gonna STAY this cooler?

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm not? You mean I'm gonna STAY this cooler?

Why are you crying? And why are you wearing that old drother?

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 03:16 AM
Hey what thermos?? I want a thermos!!!!

d-day
05-08-2006, 03:18 AM
Why are you crying? And why are you wearing that old drother?

Because I just heard a song on the radio that reminded me of the way we were.

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 03:18 AM
Because I just heard a song on the radio that reminded me of the way we were.

What was it?

darkmistress
05-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Did you give it away to yourself?

:yes: twas a very sad day too :boohoo: I miss it but I enjoy it at the same time... such pleasure... great pleasure... great thermos pleasure

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 03:22 AM
:yes: twas a very sad day too :boohoo: I miss it but I enjoy it at the same time... such pleasure... great pleasure... great thermos pleasure

Hey Mistress did the devils win?? Who did they play again????

d-day
05-08-2006, 03:23 AM
What was it?

the way we were

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 03:27 AM
I guess the Devils didn't do to good, she's not answering me.....oh well.

PassRush
05-08-2006, 03:28 AM
I thought it was comon knowledge on finheaven. Honestly, I am not very close with my extended family, as much as I want to be. I have not talked to Tom since my brothers wedding a few years ago, that was actually when his career really started taking off, it was right after the playoff game against the Titans. I made it known that he is my blood and I love him as such, but not one person will cheer louder than me when JT comes around the corner and drags him to the turf.

He is a cool guy, big ego though. He did tell me a few things the last time we met...

He has always hated playing the Dolphins because of their press coverage.

Dave Wannstedt is not a terrible first-three-quarters coach, but he does not know how to finish a game.

After watching videos of me playing quarterback, I have all the intangibles but zero arm, if I planned to play quarterback in college I needed to either stop dreaming or completely change my throwing motion.

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 03:32 AM
I thought it was comon knowledge on finheaven. Honestly, I am not very close with my extended family, as much as I want to be. I have not talked to Tom since my brothers wedding a few years ago, that was actually when his career really started taking off, it was right after the playoff game against the Titans. I made it known that he is my blood and I love him as such, but not one person will cheer louder than me when JT comes around the corner and drags him to the turf.

He is a cool guy, big ego though. He did tell me a few things the last time we met...

He has always hated playing the Dolphins because of their press coverage.

Dave Wannstedt is not a terrible first-three-quarters coach, but he does not know how to finish a game.

After watching videos of me playing quarterback, I have all the intangibles but zero arm, if I planned to play quarterback in college I needed to either stop dreaming or completely change my throwing motion.

Can you invite him over during the off season preferrably before training camp, and have a family dog pile and put him on the bottom. I mean it is family, you can just jump a little harder..:lol:

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 04:29 AM
It's good to be a Dolphin fan, very good!!!

305TillIDie
05-08-2006, 05:27 AM
It's good to be a Dolphin fan, very good!!!:yes:..i wouldnt trade with any other team in the NFL..Dolphins is my favorite of all teams i love..:cooldude:

sugarcane
05-08-2006, 07:56 AM
It's religion in my family!We were all born and raised there(me and 4 brothers)

I love my Phins thru thick and thin and I'm not changing my avatar or my sig,so there! ;)

Montella
05-08-2006, 08:43 AM
i'm a dolphins fan since many years, i think i become a dolphins fan because they showed mostly the dolphins games live and so i started to like them and become a fan... :dolphins:

mor911
05-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Hey Everyone..I been a Fin fan since my stay in miami...born & raised here...how did you guys become a fin fan?..post it here..:D
I was born...

The Mor was born and raised in Miami Carol City (just down the street from the stadium). Been a Dolphins fan growing up under my old man (Vince911). Dad is also a hardcore phinphan.

GRAPEAPE
05-08-2006, 10:04 AM
I am origianaly from Northwest Indiana, almost in Chicago. I have an entire family full of Bears fans. In 1985 I was 7 years old, and I remember my Dad talking about the "greatest team ever" being the bears of that year. Superbowl shuffle, Jim Mcmahon, Walter Payton. But I saw a team beat the "greatest team ever" and that was the Dolphins. After that I followed the Phins. My love for the team has grown to an obsession over the years. That's my story.

305TillIDie
05-08-2006, 05:40 PM
they said marcus vick caught a couple of balls today...thats kool..we could move him to wide reciever if he doesnt make the team as a QB

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 05:42 PM
I am origianaly from Northwest Indiana, almost in Chicago. I have an entire family full of Bears fans. In 1985 I was 7 years old, and I remember my Dad talking about the "greatest team ever" being the bears of that year. Superbowl shuffle, Jim Mcmahon, Walter Payton. But I saw a team beat the "greatest team ever" and that was the Dolphins. After that I followed the Phins. My love for the team has grown to an obsession over the years. That's my story.

I was young to watching that game, I have it on tape to this day.

icephinfan
05-08-2006, 05:43 PM
they said marcus vick caught a couple of balls today...thats kool..we could move him to wide reciever if he doesnt make the team as a QB

They could have made him in to an Randall-El type player.

305TillIDie
05-08-2006, 05:45 PM
I was born...

The Mor was born and raised in Miami Carol City (just down the street from the stadium). Been a Dolphins fan growing up under my old man (Vince911). Dad is also a hardcore phinphan.Im from overtown in Miami..now days..we whip on Carol City Chiefs :lol:..Booker T. Washington high is my old High School.

FinMadness
05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I just died hard.

Shula Come Back!
05-08-2006, 08:50 PM
I rooted for them in Superbowl XVII. The next year, they drafted Dan Marino and I've been a die hard ever since!!!

icephinfan
05-17-2006, 04:56 AM
I can't wait for this season to start, Saban has made so many great moves and more to come. It is great being a Dolphin fan!!!!!
:nesucks: :billsbite :jetssuck:

:woot: :cpatch: :drinker: :df81:

dolphinkev
05-17-2006, 01:46 PM
1st game i every saw was the 1971 xmas game with the chiefs, which was the longest game ever. been a fan ever since.

icephinfan
05-17-2006, 01:47 PM
1st game i every saw was the 1971 xmas game with the chiefs, which was the longest game ever. been a fan ever since.

Did we win that game?? that was before my time..:lol:

Motion
05-17-2006, 01:52 PM
First time I saw Dan throw a pass.

dolphinkev
05-17-2006, 01:56 PM
we won the longest game in nfl history 27-24 against the chiefs.

steeda
05-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Since I have been living in South Fla for the past 16 years, I have watched some fins games on and off throughout my life. It wasn't until the '03 season when I finally went to my first game (redskins night game). I absolutely loved watching them play. Ever since then I have been hooked.

Baxter
05-17-2006, 04:27 PM
My Grandfather moved to Ft Lauderdale in the late 50s and raised my Father there. My dad grew up a Dolphin fan and my grandfather became one, so I geuss it just runs in the family:Dbeen a dolphin fan since the day I was born

dominizzo
05-17-2006, 10:06 PM
My dad!!! simple