PDA

View Full Version : David Blaine Bout To Submerge

tmny99
05-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Check It Out On Abc.

TJamesW_phinfan
05-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Its been a good show the vegas trick with the teeth was freaky.

That was really sad about the girl that died she was so young.

bullseyeguy
05-08-2006, 09:44 PM
He didnt make it....

TJamesW_phinfan
05-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Still though 7 minutes is with no air is insane.

HysterikiLL
05-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Haha what a failure of a man. How can he sleep at night knowing he's such a failure.

UCFinfan86
05-08-2006, 09:50 PM
he sat under there for a week? how did he eat or breathe?

tmny99
05-08-2006, 09:51 PM
That was insane!!

tmny99
05-08-2006, 09:52 PM
he sat under there for a week? how did he eat or breathe?

He didn't eat

byroan
Lame. He wasted a week for this?

He was "fed" through a tube.

A mask and an air line are keeping Blaine alive. Sustenance is provided in the form of liquid nutrition through a tube.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Abroad/0,,2-1225-1243_1927939,00.html

bullseyeguy
What a moron...

UCFinfan86
05-08-2006, 09:53 PM
he went a week without eatin? thats insane

also his hands look disgusting

Roman529
05-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Wait...didn't he attempt to go 9 minutes underwater without air? :confused:

TJamesW_phinfan
05-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah the record was 8:58 he only made it a little past 7 minutes which is still pretty impressive that is a long time to hold your breath. I have to wonder how far he could have gone if he had left the chains out of it or had not been in the water for a week.

Roman529
05-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah the record was 8:58 he only made it a little past 7 minutes which is still pretty impressive that is a long time to hold your breath. I have to wonder how far he could have gone if he had left the chains out of it or had not been in the water for a week.

Damn, that is still amazing...I think I went a little over two minutes once...I saw this chick on tv dive down about 500 or 600 feet on one breath of air...I think that was even more amazing.

TJamesW_phinfan
05-08-2006, 10:53 PM
They did a brief story during the show on a very pretty girl that was doing a dive and died. The baloon that brings them back up malfunctioned.

Roman529
05-08-2006, 11:18 PM
They did a brief story during the show on a very pretty girl that was doing a dive and died. The baloon that brings them back up malfunctioned.

Yeah I think was her...I didn't know she died. I think she was from France? They have to come up really slow so they don't get "the bends." I think some guy beat her record by about 100 feet...they can spend like 5-6 minutes under on one breath of air.

LittlePaulie
05-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah I think was her...I didn't know she died. I think she was from France? They have to come up really slow so they don't get "the bends." I think some guy beat her record by about 100 feet...they can spend like 5-6 minutes under on one breath of air.

I forget the names but the guy and wife hold the mens and womens deep dive records. His wife while trying to beat his record died. There was a big article on it in Newsweek a year or so ago! As for the bends they go down sofast and up so quick they don't have to worry about that.

I'll try to find the article! pretty insane stuff!

Roman529
05-09-2006, 12:57 AM
I found an article on free diving:

No Limits competition allows the diver to descend with a weighted sled and ascend with a buoyancy control device, usually an air filled bag with a tether. The world record (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_record) for the "No Limits" category of competitive free diving is held by Austrian diver Herbert Nitsch (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Herbert_Nitsch&action=edit). On 2 October 2005 he dived to a depth of 172 m (564 feet), off the coast of Croatia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatia) in the Adriatic Sea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriatic_Sea); surpassing the previous record set by Loic Leferme (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loic_Leferme) by 1 meter. The current women's record is held by Tanya Streeter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanya_Streeter), who dived to 160 m (525 feet) on 17 August 2002. The unofficial record is held by the late Audrey Mestre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audrey_Mestre) (170 m) wife of legend Francisco “Pipin” Ferreras (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Francisco_Ferreras_%28free-diver%29&action=edit); she drowned whilst trying to set a world record of 171 m (561 feet). The unofficial record for men is held by the Belgian diver Patrick Musimu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Musimu) who did a dive to 209 meters (686 feet), in training, in summer 2005.

Agent51
05-09-2006, 01:24 AM
I didn't watch this "stunt", if you can call it that since sitting there for a week in water WITH air isn't very impressive, aside from the fact that it's blatantly disobeying what your mom used to say when you wer younger about not staying in the bathtub too long or you'll get all "pruney".

Anyway, what happened at the 7 minute mark, did he go unconcious or just call in the saftey guys or what? Did he at least get out of the chains?

I wanna know how he went to the bathroom, like "#2" :lol:

Dolfan984
05-09-2006, 01:25 AM
I didn't watch this "stunt", if you can call it that since sitting there for a week in water WITH air isn't very impressive, aside from the fact that it's blatantly disobeying what your mom used to say when you wer younger about not staying in the bathtub too long or you'll get all "pruney".

Anyway, what happened at the 7 minute mark, did he go unconcious or just call in the saftey guys or what? Did he at least get out of the chains?

They said there were too many bubbles coming from him so they got a couple divers down there to go get him. Him having to get out of those chains makes no sense to me.

HysterikiLL
05-09-2006, 01:34 AM
I wonder how severe the shrinkage factor was.

bullseyeguy
05-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Man this guy has got to be the biggest egomaniac ever...

icephinfan
05-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Man this guy has got to be the biggest egomaniac ever...

Yeah

LtDan
05-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Man this guy has got to be the biggest egomaniac ever...Whatever pays the bills! And don't forget T. Owens when mentioning biggest egomaniacs

TJamesW_phinfan
05-09-2006, 08:29 AM

They did mention a catheder(sp?). So maybe he had a big diaper on too. :) His face and body were spazzing a little bit when the bubbles started coming out.

He did get out of the chains. The rest of the show was pretty good with the little street tricks. Nothing spectacular but entertaining.

As for him being an egomaniac most performers are, specialy magicians, they kind of need to be.

I got just over the 2 minute mark holding my breath while watching and was sure I was going to drop dead. :lol: I wonder who set the record at 8:58? That is just nuts. Doesn't that risk heart and brain damage to be without air that long? Nuts.

Agent51
05-09-2006, 09:31 AM
I got just over the 2 minute mark holding my breath while watching and was sure I was going to drop dead. :lol: I wonder who set the record at 8:58? That is just nuts. Doesn't that risk heart and brain damage to be without air that long? Nuts.

the thing with the 9 minutes (or the 7 that he made) is, taking into account what he was doing for a week, it isn't THAT hard. I mean, granted, 9 minutes is hard PERIOD, but I garuntee you he wouldn't even have made 7 minutes if he just jumped into the water and went straight down.

Being a lifelong surfer I know quite a bit about holding breath and regulating breathing. I also do quite a bit of breath/underwater training prior to the winter surf seasons (when the REALLY big stuff comes and you risk being held down for multiple giant waves). The thing that helped get to even 7 minutes WAS the fact that he was under the water for a week. It slows your breathing WAY down, causing you to take longer breathes, but hold them longer. It's kind of like when you are SCUBA diving, how your breathing slows down under water. Now being under for a week, imagine how slow and controlled you can get your breathign and the capacity you can get your lungs too. Not to mention I'm sure he was doing little "practice runs" the whole week, if not for any other reason than sheer boredom, so those would be helping to build lung capacity, and comfort, for the 9 minute attempt.

I HIGHLY doubt he woulda made 7 minutes had he just been chained up, jumped in, and tried it, hence the huge theatrical week-long buildup to it.

UltraDol-Fan
05-09-2006, 09:55 AM
to me it looked like he was drowing...it looked like he started hiccuping in the water and then the safety divers jumped in. and his hands and feet were gross, they were all white and wrinkled, it looked like the skin would just come off.

UCFinfan86
05-09-2006, 11:00 AM
i think this was very impressive, wehter he was in there for a week or not i was very impressed and anyone who says they aren't is just kidding themselves.

Clark Kent
05-09-2006, 11:56 AM

Staying in a tank of water for 1 week is impressive... He set the record for that one.

I felt so bad for him at the end. He was really struggling and they had to undo his feet chains and he couldn't get up. That's got to be scary. I have always thought drowning is the worst way to die. Very scary.

But 7 min is still impressive as ****. I wonder if he could have done it if he wasn't in the tank for a week. If you've ever spent all day in a pool/beach/etc..., being waterlogged sucks. Imagine a week.

Amars
05-09-2006, 12:21 PM
i think this was very impressive, wehter he was in there for a week or not i was very impressed and anyone who says they aren't is just kidding themselves.

:yeahthat:

FinFan72
05-09-2006, 01:50 PM
My thoughts exactly :wink:

TJamesW_phinfan
05-09-2006, 03:31 PM
the thing with the 9 minutes (or the 7 that he made) is, taking into account what he was doing for a week, it isn't THAT hard. I mean, granted, 9 minutes is hard PERIOD, but I garuntee you he wouldn't even have made 7 minutes if he just jumped into the water and went straight down.

Being a lifelong surfer I know quite a bit about holding breath and regulating breathing. I also do quite a bit of breath/underwater training prior to the winter surf seasons (when the REALLY big stuff comes and you risk being held down for multiple giant waves). The thing that helped get to even 7 minutes WAS the fact that he was under the water for a week. It slows your breathing WAY down, causing you to take longer breathes, but hold them longer. It's kind of like when you are SCUBA diving, how your breathing slows down under water. Now being under for a week, imagine how slow and controlled you can get your breathign and the capacity you can get your lungs too. Not to mention I'm sure he was doing little "practice runs" the whole week, if not for any other reason than sheer boredom, so those would be helping to build lung capacity, and comfort, for the 9 minute attempt.

I HIGHLY doubt he woulda made 7 minutes had he just been chained up, jumped in, and tried it, hence the huge theatrical week-long buildup to it.

Ah I didn't know that. Makes sense though. He gave it a good shot. :)

FinsNCanes
05-09-2006, 04:07 PM
What's so impressive? Aren't there like pearl divers who do this daily and actually swim therefore making it harder to hold your breathe. Seems more impressive to me actually :D