PDA

View Full Version : Adoption

The Rev
05-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Alright my brothers and sisters,
The mrs and I (after many failed treatments and prayers) have decided to adopt. It has been an agonizing four years and we are excited (in a scared sort of way) about the possibilites.
We are looking for domestic adoption agencies, preferably in Florida. If you know of any, please share. If you have any adoption stories also, please share. If you rather PM me the info, do that. Either way, please keep us in your prayers or happy thoughts (whatever you do).

Agent51
05-09-2006, 09:54 AM
The mrs and I (after many failed treatments and prayers) have decided to adopt. It has been an agonizing four years and we are excited (in a scared sort of way) about the possibilites.
We are looking for domestic adoption agencies, preferably in Florida. If you know of any, please share. If you have any adoption stories also, please share. If you rather PM me the info, do that. Either way, please keep us in your prayers or happy thoughts (whatever you do).

This is awesome Rev. I don't have any stories for you, nor do I know any local agencies to help you with (I am like 6,000+ miles away, lol), but I commend you man. I'm sorry you couldn't concieve on your own, but you are doing a wonderful thing in adopting a child. You are giving someone a second chance at life basically. I mean a REAL, family life, not a life of orphanages, group homes, and foster families. I'm curious, are you looking to adopt and infant, or an older child? Boy or girl? Also, and this may not be your thing, and it's DEFINATELY not local, lol, but if you are interested in a baby girl, what about China? Again, congrats on the decision man, I think that's awesome of you and the Mrs, I wish I could actually be of sme help, lol.

PassRush
05-09-2006, 12:55 PM
That is awesome, rev. I wish that I had some constructive input for you. Regardless, I think it is a great thing for all concerned

Roman529
05-09-2006, 01:27 PM
That is awesome Rev!!!! God bless you brother and your wife for making this decision to become parents and bring a child into your life. I know a lady who flew all the way to Cambodia to adopt a baby girl.....the girl has brought so much happiness to her and her child is doing great and is in school interacting with all the kids just as if she was born in America. Best wishes in the adoption process and keep us posted on how things are going.

Timmy54
05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
my wife and i are also thinking about the adoption route, right now we are just getting into trying real hard first but if that doesnt work, in a year or two we will be in your shoes. good luck and keep us posted.

Megatron
05-09-2006, 10:50 PM
We are looking for domestic adoption agencies, preferably in Florida. If you know of any, please share. If you have any adoption stories also, please share. If you rather PM me the info, do that. Either way, please keep us in your prayers or happy thoughts (whatever you do).:up: :clap: :bravo:

Slappy8800
05-09-2006, 10:50 PM
i always wanted to adopt a monkey

Roman529
05-09-2006, 11:16 PM
i always wanted to adopt a monkey

I am really at a loss for words Slappy!!!!.....:lol:

Hey Rev be sure that you get a nice little Dolphins outfit for your newbie...I think they call them onesies?? An aqua colored one with Dolphins stuff on it. :wink: If the kid is not an infant then go with the Dolphins cheerleader or football uniform. Best wishes!!!!

JPhinfan86
05-21-2006, 04:41 AM
I guarantee my girlfriend (soon to be Wife) and I will be in your shoes in a number of years. As many of you know I've been fighting cancer since I was 15, along with losing my leg it was discovered that the chemotherapy took away my ability to concieve a child. At 15 I was completely unaware of these types of ramifications, the doctors never really told me any of this and now here I am. I don't want you to say anything you aren't comfortable divulging Rev. but I am curious as to how your situation came to be. I'll pray for you and hope for the best. Just a little 'vent' if you will. I find it to be a complete injustice that there are people in this world that simply have children because of the welfare value they hold instead of the ideals that come from the term 'family'. Some parents abuse children and throw them away while others in this world struggle and suffer and pray that they may one day, in some way have a child to call their own. Crazy world sometimes isn't it?

like2god
05-21-2006, 05:44 AM
Rev, I think what you are doing is an amazing thing. You are going to be making some child feel very special. I'm going to keep you, Timmy 54 and JPhinfan86 in my prayers and best of luck to all of you.

The Rev
05-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Thank you my brothers..The support is incredible. :wink:

May God Bless you all.