PDA

View Full Version : Directv Sunday ticket??

DanStillStands
05-09-2006, 03:30 PM
I just got DTV 4 months ago and the only reason i got it was for the sunday ticket. They came out and put everything in and hooked it all up. Now i call to order the sunday ticket and they say you need a phone line that goes into your box? The person on the phone did not really give me a reason why? So my question to my fellow finheaven brothers with DTV and sunday ticket what is this for? And do you really need the phone wire?

THanks for any help..
also sending an email to DTV but they always give you round about answer.

GreenMachine
05-09-2006, 03:41 PM
I just got DTV 4 months ago and the only reason i got it was for the sunday ticket. They came out and put everything in and hooked it all up. Now i call to order the sunday ticket and they say you need a phone line that goes into your box? The person on the phone did not really give me a reason why? So my question to my fellow finheaven brothers with DTV and sunday ticket what is this for? And do you really need the phone wire?

THanks for any help..
also sending an email to DTV but they always give you round about answer.
Funny you mention this. This was on the news here in Orlando a few days ago.
http://www.local6.com/problemsolvers/9142100/detail.html

Local 6 News reported that phone lines are not necessary for a DirectTV system but having them enhances the service -- allowing customers to order movies through a remote control instead of through the phone or over the Internet.

But the report found that every phone line connected to a receiver means more money for DirectTV and Mastec -- the contractor these men work for, Alvarez said.

DanStillStands
05-09-2006, 04:17 PM
..Thanks for the info..oh wait your a jet fan...Thanks anyway.

byroan
05-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Ummm..Thanks for the info..oh wait your a jet fan...Thanks anyway.

It's true though. Just lie and say you do it have it hooked up. They'll never know.

Spray Mucus
05-09-2006, 05:02 PM
It's true though. Just lie and say you do it have it hooked up. They'll never know.

exactly. The first two years I had a phone line connected, not knowing otherwise. But the last 3 seasons my box has not been connected to any kind of phone line and it didn't interupt my games at all.

so your cool if you don't have a line connected.

Do what byroan suggested, tell them you connected a line and you should be good to go. :wink:

FinFan72
05-09-2006, 05:28 PM
i dont have any problems not having it hooked up

GreenMachine
05-09-2006, 11:59 PM
..Thanks for the info..oh wait your a jet fan...Thanks anyway.
Even the movie thing is bogus. I have ordered many movies, and never had a problem. In fact, some were never charged to me....:cooldude: