PDA

View Full Version : Official Grand Theft Auto 4 Thread

Caps
05-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I figured it could use it's own thread. Here's the official site: link. (http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto4/)

It's gonna be a looooong wait for this puppy.

mor911
05-09-2006, 05:11 PM
That thing says "preorder now" Are they freakin' serious?

AquaInferno
05-09-2006, 06:02 PM
They keep releasing the GTAs around my birthday, my birthday is October 19th. Let's hope this comes out on time, but then again it's from Rockstar not SCEA... Will I EVER see Gran Turismo Mobile for PSP :(
I hope they build on GTA:SA they had a lot of great additions we lost in Liberty City stories. Altho building up the main characters physique is something I can do without in 4.. I would like to see the double jump/wall climbing, the skills (driving, swimming etc.) and please please put bicycles back in this one.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-09-2006, 06:19 PM
That thing says "preorder now" Are they freakin' serious?
yeah, it's about time they put that up. i've been trying to preorder this since GTA3 came out...

Motion
05-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Sky is the limit for GTA on next gen consoles.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Perfect23
05-09-2006, 10:18 PM
I heard the game may take place in Las Vegas or New Mexico.

Miami 13
05-09-2006, 10:21 PM
I heard the game may take place in Las Vegas or New Mexico.
I heard on the PS3 Blu-Ray discs it will be GTA IV: Earth.

I don't think it will be Vegas since that was in San Andreas. New Mexico I guess could be an option. It could also be London.

COMEBACKRICKY
05-09-2006, 10:35 PM
They keep releasing the GTAs around my birthday, my birthday is October 19th. Let's hope this comes out on time, but then again it's from Rockstar not SCEA... Will I EVER see Gran Turismo Mobile for PSP :(
I hope they build on GTA:SA they had a lot of great additions we lost in Liberty City stories. Altho building up the main characters physique is something I can do without in 4.. I would like to see the double jump/wall climbing, the skills (driving, swimming etc.) and please please put bicycles back in this one.

mannnnn i cant wait for THAT game!

Perfect23
05-09-2006, 10:44 PM

I don't think it will be Vegas since that was in San Andreas. New Mexico I guess could be an option. It could also be London.

Dont know about London cause then that will be like the getaway Im thinking Italy could be a high possibility because alot of the guys in each game were from Italy except San Andreas.

NuttyFin
05-09-2006, 10:46 PM
It says Xbox Live at the bottom. Does this mean you can play online?

Slappy8800
05-09-2006, 10:53 PM
how bout GTA new jersey? eh? eh?

Slappy8800
05-09-2006, 10:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060510/tc_nm/expo_gta4_dc;_ylt=AppWLkO702pcPOW0Z4pdfDlk24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cjE0b2MwBHNlYwM3Mzg-

HysterikiLL
05-10-2006, 03:58 AM
GTA Wyoming: Brokeback Theft Auto

Agent51
05-10-2006, 05:53 AM
GTA Wyoming: Brokeback Theft Auto

And instead of sex with hookers..................:eek:

Motion
05-10-2006, 09:21 AM

:eek: And I though San Andreas was big! They definitely have the storage space on those Blu-Ray discs for that, although I'm sure they'd only have major cities. How sweet would that be!

Agent51
05-10-2006, 09:26 AM
:eek: And I though San Andreas was big! They definitely have the storage space on those Blu-Ray discs for that, although I'm sure they'd only have major cities. How sweet would that be!

*Thinks he was being sarcastic about it being GTA Earth*

But yeah, that WOULD be cool to have all the major cities and you have to run your empire all over the world, lol. Prolly be REALLY hard to defend turf though. And what about collecting $ from your businesses? Once you buy a lot now (in GTA: SA) it takes almost a whole day (in the game) just to go to all the different ones and grab the cash, imagine one covering the whole EARTH, lol.

Motion
05-10-2006, 09:33 AM

But yeah, that WOULD be cool to have all the major cities and you have to run your empire all over the world, lol. Prolly be REALLY hard to defend turf though. And what about collecting $ from your businesses? Once you buy a lot now (in GTA: SA) it takes almost a whole day (in the game) just to go to all the different ones and grab the cash, imagine one covering the whole EARTH, lol.

:tantrum: @ sarcasm. :D But that would be pretty cool though. I know what you mean about taking so long to get places.

King Felix
05-11-2006, 12:38 AM
i cant wait :whistle:

HysterikiLL
05-11-2006, 01:13 AM

One thing I hated about GTA was how long it would take to get from one place to another. Particularly in San Andreas. Also, even if you play the game a lot, it's still hard to find the subways and trains that can take you to the cities quicker.

A bigger map would only be good if you could pretty much play the game from one part. They could have things completely separate in a few different cities, meaning that you wouldn't need to travel so much.

Agent51
05-11-2006, 08:25 AM
One thing I hated about GTA was how long it would take to get from one place to another. Particularly in San Andreas. Also, even if you play the game a lot, it's still hard to find the subways and trains that can take you to the cities quicker.

A bigger map would only be good if you could pretty much play the game from one part. They could have things completely separate in a few different cities, meaning that you wouldn't need to travel so much.

I hear ya man. You know I NEVER unlocked the "Vegas" part in San Andreas? I came to a point where I ran out of mission chpoices to advance, and I HAD to do one mission or the other to open up more, instead of the normal 4 or 5 choices. Well, one of those missions was one of the stupid RC plane ones, where you had to fly the planes into the cars or morotcycles you were chasing. That mission pissed me off to no end, so I decided to stop trying that one and do the other one available to me. Well, turns out THAT one was that one where you had to follow the train from "San Francisco" to "Los Angeles" and then tail the guy without being seen. Easy enough right? WRONG, because literally folloring the train back to the "LA" area took FOREVER, and I would end up getting bored and dicking around in the car or on the motorcycle that I was using to follow it, just out of sheer boredom, and then I would screw up and flip it and either die or lose the train. The times I WAS being serious I would make some small mistake, lik take a fast but crappy handling car so when I went around a turn it would skid and flip off a cliff etc etc. Then, the times I actually made it all the way to the station, I would either end up letting the guy get too far ahead so I'd lose him, or I'd speed up to catch up and the meter would rocket tot he top and I'd be seen, failing the mission. I got so pissed at both of those that I quit the game and haven't touched it since, :lol:. It sucks cuz I heard the "Vegas" part was awesome

Caps
05-11-2006, 09:27 AM
It sucks cuz I heard the "Vegas" part was awesome

It was man, it was the best part of the game. Some of the missions were downright amazing. Think of the "heist" string of missions in Vice City x100. I recommend you give it another shot.

Mephistopheles
05-11-2006, 09:33 AM
October 16, 2007?

:boohoo:

Motion
05-11-2006, 01:32 PM
I hear ya man. You know I NEVER unlocked the "Vegas" part in San Andreas? I came to a point where I ran out of mission chpoices to advance, and I HAD to do one mission or the other to open up more, instead of the normal 4 or 5 choices. Well, one of those missions was one of the stupid RC plane ones, where you had to fly the planes into the cars or morotcycles you were chasing. That mission pissed me off to no end, so I decided to stop trying that one and do the other one available to me. Well, turns out THAT one was that one where you had to follow the train from "San Francisco" to "Los Angeles" and then tail the guy without being seen. Easy enough right? WRONG, because literally folloring the train back to the "LA" area took FOREVER, and I would end up getting bored and dicking around in the car or on the motorcycle that I was using to follow it, just out of sheer boredom, and then I would screw up and flip it and either die or lose the train. The times I WAS being serious I would make some small mistake, lik take a fast but crappy handling car so when I went around a turn it would skid and flip off a cliff etc etc. Then, the times I actually made it all the way to the station, I would either end up letting the guy get too far ahead so I'd lose him, or I'd speed up to catch up and the meter would rocket tot he top and I'd be seen, failing the mission. I got so pissed at both of those that I quit the game and haven't touched it since, :lol:. It sucks cuz I heard the "Vegas" part was awesome

Wow, your missing a huge part of the game then man. Vegas is definitely sweet, although not as good as the LA part IMO. I liked the turf war stuff. If you didn't make it to Vegas that means you didn't get to fly to Liberty City to make a hit!

Dol-Fan Dupree
05-11-2006, 01:44 PM
I want GTA Seattle.

Agent51
05-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Wow, your missing a huge part of the game then man. Vegas is definitely sweet, although not as good as the LA part IMO. I liked the turf war stuff. If you didn't make it to Vegas that means you didn't get to fly to Liberty City to make a hit!

Dammit, now I'm all interested in this section again, lol. The whole time it's the ONE section I wanted to unlock (I LOVE Veags in real life), but those two missions just pissed me off so damn much that I quit. Crap, now I'm gonna have to play again (haven't touched it since like two months after it came out). My controller is still broken from the last time I played it, I threw it against the wall in the train mission when I launched off a cliff and now some little part is loose in there, it bounces around and sometimes lodges behind a shoulder button, lol, REALLY frustrating when you go to juke in Madden. I'm too lazy to unscrew the back and open it up to remove the pice though, lol.

Dolfan11
05-11-2006, 02:42 PM
It should be great. I read an article http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/706/706217p1.html that says it should be out in October. That's good news. I also read somewhere else, don't have the link (unfortunately), that says the theme of the game will be mafia. Sounds great, and I hope it is. Imagine coming up the ranks of a family, pulling missions involving wacking people, narcotics, robberies, running your own olive oil store. Whoa, crazy. Then you can mate with a female, and start your own family, and be the leader of an organized crime family. Can't wait, nevertheless.

Agent51
05-11-2006, 03:32 PM
It should be great. I read an article http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/706/706217p1.html that says it should be out in October. That's good news. I also read somewhere else, don't have the link (unfortunately), that says the theme of the game will be mafia. Sounds great, and I hope it is. Imagine coming up the ranks of a family, pulling missions involving wacking people, narcotics, robberies, running your own olive oil store. Whoa, crazy. Then you can mate with a female, and start your own family, and be the leader of an organized crime family. Can't wait, nevertheless.

You just described Vice City, except it didn;t have olive oil and mating, well, mating to start a family anyway.

Motion
05-15-2006, 11:10 AM
You just described Vice City, except it didn;t have olive oil and mating, well, mating to start a family anyway.

Yeah that

ScottishFin
05-15-2006, 02:27 PM
GTA:Edinburgh

You heard it here first :P

dominizzo
05-16-2006, 03:02 PM
When is it coming out?

Agent51
05-16-2006, 03:15 PM
When is it coming out?

October 2007

Caps
05-16-2006, 03:16 PM
October 16, 2007.

JPhinfan86
05-20-2006, 07:10 AM
GTA IV although I will buy it -- It ain't no thang but a chicken wang (wing). :lol: I'm waiting for the real muscle of the industry: Splinter Cell: Double Agent. The date keeps getting pushed back, the same goes for the Splinter Cell Movie that Paramount handed the rights to Dreamworks on. It's set for 2007.

NOTE: In between now and Grand Theft Auto IV, do not forget that Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (previously an exclusive PSP title) is going to be ported to PS2. That oughta bridge the gap. :up:

Miami 13
05-20-2006, 09:56 AM
GTA IV although I will buy it -- It ain't no thang but a chicken wang (wing). :lol: I'm waiting for the real muscle of the industry: Splinter Cell: Double Agent. The date keeps getting pushed back, the same goes for the Splinter Cell Movie that Paramount handed the rights to Dreamworks on. It's set for 2007.

NOTE: In between now and Grand Theft Auto IV, do not forget that Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (previously an exclusive PSP title) is going to be ported to PS2. That oughta bridge the gap. :up:
Yeah and if you have a PSP, this October GTA: Vice City Stories will be released.

305TillIDie
05-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Cant Wait for this one..San Andreas was a classic..i know this will be also..:D

Motion
05-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Yeah and if you have a PSP, this October GTA: Vice City Stories will be released.

I REALLY hope they port that to PS2 as well, although by that time PS3 will be out.

Fresh
05-26-2006, 11:21 PM
They should have it GTA: Down South.

With Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana. Imagine if they impliment the huge floods in New Orleans?

wazzy
05-26-2006, 11:33 PM
They should do GTA: The official takeover!You pick like a certain gang family or hood like you can pick like the Mob and start off in Italy and expand into the States and try to take out like Hicks and Gangs down from the South and then move up until you get to New York and mess with a real huge gangsta Mob Boss family and have like a final showdown!
Or You can pick like being the Hicks and lead the Hicks all the way through the States and expand out of the States and take control of like European countries!
Or You can pick like Downright hood gangstas from the South or New York or wherever and just sell crack hustle kill do whatever you got to do to get power and money
Also, If they have enough they can add in like a Russian Mafia you have to go against and like each group collides and you have to worry about getting killed from each group!

JPhinfan86
05-27-2006, 02:41 AM
They should have it GTA: Down South

I think you mean "Grand Theft Auto: Down Sowf"
Rest assured any GTA that ever debuts on PSP WILL be ported to PS2 or PS3 (when the time comes). Where ever there's money to be made by doing so, it will be done.